Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? (2526 Views)

Opinion Pool: Can Nigerians Ever Be One Again? / Can Nigerians Ever Experience Non Light Interuption In Nigeria? I Doubt / Tribalism Vs Democracy - Can Africans/Nigerians Ever Break The Yoke Of Tribalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by leejay55(f): 6:54pm On Jun 27, 2006
When are we ever going to be the leaders of tommorrow when all this old blooded men and women will never leave the leadership seat for us? Or do they want to carry presidency to their graveyard? Aahh nigerians when are we ever going to stop being greedy and give way to our young generation?
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 27, 2006
Nigerian Democracy - Government of the elite, by the elite and for the elite. Minimum age of 60 required.
Alternative meaning in European and American English: See gerontocracy.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by leejay55(f): 1:57pm On Jul 11, 2006
brother are u speaking in tongues cheesy
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by otokx(m): 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2006
what is your definition of young? is it below 55 or between 40 and 45? or some other?
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by leejay55(f): 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2006
i mean btw 40 and 50 or will dat b old smiley
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by otokx(m): 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2006
not at all; 40 - 50 is very ok.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by babadee(m): 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2006
davidylan:

Nigerian Democracy - Government of the elite, by the elite and for the elite. Minimum age of 60 required.
Alternative meaning in European and American English: See gerontocracy.
koret!!!
that is it.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by Mystique(f): 1:01pm On Jul 17, 2006
@ Topic:

Nope, you have to be at least 50 to qualify sad
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by nilla(f): 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2006
While I don't know if there is an age limit for running for president in Nigeria, or what that age is. I think it would really make a difference if we have a young president. Alll we have had in the past has not brought any tangible improvement. Its either Nigeria is being stagnant or going backward.

I'll really like for us to have a young president. But reality is "Do we really think thats going to happen" sad
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by Chxta(m): 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2006
According to this 'ere l'il document, the president must have attained 40 years of age. Which gives me some 14 years to be able to aspire to that exalted position. . .
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by nilla(f): 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2006
wow,

then that answers our question about having a young president. Unless 40 is now considered young shocked
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by Chxta(m): 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2006
In relative terms 40 is young. . .
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by nilla(f): 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2006
40 can go either way. Some can see it as young while others as old. Nothwithstanding I was thinking young more in the sense of people that are either just out of school or have been out of school for a while without jobs. They would understand how important education is in Nigeria moving forward.

I think it will be wise to say that in other for Nigeria to really move forward we have to improve our education system. Because many of the people that study abroad will rather stay back where they are and work, rather than come back home and suffer.

So if most of the people that have got good education abroad don't come back, then who will help in the development of Nigeria.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by Chxta(m): 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2006
They may understand somethings, but as Jack Gowon proved as Head of State from 1966 (29 years) to 1975 (38 years), they lack the maturity to handle the position.

Shame you did it all at 26,
I hope you come to terms with boredom,
All they that have made it young would agree
-------Che
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by nilla(f): 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2006
your right,

Well i guess it also has to do with the personality of the person in question.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by kellorah: 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2006
DON'T MIND THESE OLD MEN THAT REFUSE TO RETIRE! THEY HAVE NO FUN AND THEY DON'T REALLY SEE THEIR GRANDCHILDREN. WHEN THEY DIE, THEY'LL REGRET. USELESS OLD MEN.
angry angry angry

YOUNG PEOPLE PLEASE LEAD SO WE CAN STOP LIVING IN AN OLD SCHOOL COUNTRY!!!
WE CAN HAVE FUN FAIRS AND OTHER FUN THINGS SO WE DON'T DIE LIKE SADDOS
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by nilla(f): 6:19pm On Jul 20, 2006
Way to go Kellorah cool cool
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by kellorah: 6:21pm On Jul 20, 2006
lol
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by kellorah: 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2006
WHO'S THE YOUNGEST CONTESTANT SEF? undecided
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by Mystique(f): 7:56am On Jul 21, 2006
kellorah:

WHO'S THE YOUNGEST CONTESTANT SEF? undecided

I think its the almighty Pat Utomi grin, or is it Donald Duke??
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by Chxta(m): 9:23am On Jul 21, 2006
Can't be so sure, but I think the pastor's younger than either of them. . .
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by madlawyer1(m): 10:33am On Jul 21, 2006
chris okotie is the youngest
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by duehi(f): 11:39am On Jul 21, 2006
we can only have a young president if the general populace have a reorientation.personally i think donald duke will make a good presidant cos he has a lot of ideas and he actually carries them out.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by kelvin(m): 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2006
Ever since primary school, I ve been singing "we are the leaders of tomorrow" now, am in a tetiary institution, am wondering when we would ever lead, Sad enough, Nigeria has been recycling used brains, unless the younger generation rise up to the task and sieze power, no one will give it to them until they are at least 65. But can we really call 40 young when life expectancy of Nigerians is 50years,
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by Seun(m): 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2006
DOnald DUke is young and he's popular enough to win wink
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by kellorah: 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2006
how old is he? grin
if he's that good then, i'll pray for people to vote for him grin seeing as i can't!
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by dansmith1(m): 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2006
a young prez, hoo hoo, that's looks n sounds very unlikely at this point in time
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by otokx(m): 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2006
yes we can and we are going to?
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by kellorah: 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2006
how old/young is this youngest person ohhhh?? help,anyone?
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by Jalal(m): 8:39pm On Jul 21, 2006
Yes 35 to 40 if there are any candidates between that age, we need a new breed and generation of leaders.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by kellorah: 5:58pm On Jul 23, 2006
old!
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? by genia4real(f): 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2006
right from when i was a kid, i were made to understand we were the future leaders, at dis age am still tod am a future leader, now at wat age do these old folks expect us all to take up the leadership position which they ve been telling us for ages ? i simpliy belive leadership or presidential seat in nigeria is for the Generals, sadtake a good look at the history of niga since the independence status, the same old generals have been ruling us over and over again, the piss me off the more, they are still brewing up more zeal to come back again, angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Behold President Turai Yar'adua At Iaea (picture) / Olusegun Aganga Finance Minister Interview Disses Sanusi. . .subliminally / Bomb Scare: Military Personnel To Produce Id Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.