Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,951 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Your Sincere Advice For Vet Medicals - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Sincere Advice For Vet Medicals (973 Views)

Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers / Tests Carried Out During Medicals For A Job / Hepatitis & Company Medicals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Sincere Advice For Vet Medicals by funshio: 7:13pm On Jun 27, 2006
Has anyone got any advise whatsoever for Veterinary medicals, I mean in their respective quests for getting a job as well
Re: Your Sincere Advice For Vet Medicals by Mystique(f): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2006
Yeah, i'm all for Vet Doctors, as long as they aint practising in Naija,

Cuz aint nobody gonna take their pets to see a doctor!!!
Re: Your Sincere Advice For Vet Medicals by freshbonz(m): 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2006
Mr funshio, u shud be thinkin of leaving the country to a place wia vets are beta appreciated
Re: Your Sincere Advice For Vet Medicals by ayomajek(f): 8:11pm On Mar 06, 2007
I am sick and tired of the assumptions that vets only exist to look after pets!

That is a very small part of what we do and it is the least important.

Abi una no de chop meat? If all the vets leave the country tomorrow we will see whether nigerians will turn to vegetarians.

We have a lot of work to do when it comes o food production and the health of people and animals. There are so many diseases that can be passed between animals, food products and people and the vets tend to know more about it than the doctors. And there is also a lot of research that needs to be done. Most drugs are developed for animals first before the human version is brought out.

So, this advice goes out to vets as well as the people who think its all about pets. IT IS NOT! We do important work and we should be proud of it and respected accordingly.

I am studying in scotland at the moment and will be returning to nigeria to work as soon as I have finished. I am alrady involved in research on animals in Jos with the Nigerian Institute of Trypanosomiasis Research. So I know what I am talking about, it works.

(1) (Reply)

Fast Food Buisness In Nigeria. / Mobil Interview / Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.