Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Another Nigerian Murdered In London - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Another Nigerian Murdered In London (1648 Views)

MC Oluomo’s Aide, Mamok Murdered In Oshodi (Graphic Photo) / Iyalode Alhaja Sadia Elewuju That Was Murdered In Cold Blood (Photo) / Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Nigerian Murdered In London by wetman(m): 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2008
A Nigerian, Ezekiel Ojo, 24, was weekend shot dead in south London.He was killed just streets away from where a teenager was gunned down earlier this month.
Police were called to Penrose Street in Southwark where they found Ojo. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post mortem examination found the cause of death to be gunshot wounds to the chest.
The attack followed the shooting of 18-year-old Ryan Bravo on August 6 as he entered a Costcutters store in Walworth, just a few streets away from Penrose Street.
It is thought he could have died as a result of mistaken identity.
While police said Bravo’s death was not thought to be linked to Ojo's, they are not ruling out any possibilities.
In recent times, knife culture has been on the increase in Britain as scores are often stabbed to death.
Nigerians are often the targets and recently, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown called for communities across Britain to "rise up" and help end the spiralling violence of knife crime by making the carrying of weapons socially unacceptable.
Speaking at the Edinburgh International Book Festival, the Prime Minister admitted to author Ian Rankin, creator of the fictional detective Inspector John Rebus, that the law alone was not enough to bring order to the streets and end the epidemic of fatal stabbings, the Guardian of London reported.
“Young people are thinking it's acceptable, fashionable, necessary for them to protect themselves, to carry a knife,” said Brown who called for parents and community leaders to help get across the message that carrying a knife put people at greater danger of violence than not carrying one. “Just like we made guns unacceptable, we should make knives unacceptable.”
According to him, “You need, not just young people but parents and other people to say that knives in Britain, like guns, like bullying, like racism, all these things are unacceptable.”
Brown interrupted his holiday to appear as a mystery guest at the festival, which is celebrating its 25th year.
“There are certain boundaries in a decent society you don't cross and these boundaries are cultural. In America it is acceptable for many people to carry guns, it's not in Britain. We've got to make it as unacceptable to carry knives. Most decent people would want to do that and I think what you will see over the next few months is this sort of campaign, which is led not just by government but people in the country, to say ‘get knives off our streets’,” Brown said.
On November 27, 2000 Damilola Taylor set off from Peckham Library at 4:50pm, on his way home, approaching the North Peckham Estate was stabbed in the left thigh.
Running to a stairwell, he collapsed and bled to death in the space of about 30 minutes. He was still alive in an ambulance on his way to hospital.
On August 9 , 2006 Ricky Preddie and Danny Preddie, after a 33-day re-trial, were convicted of the manslaughter.
In July this year, a model pupil, David Idowu, was stabbed in the chest and stomach in a London park because he was wearing the wrong school uniform.
Idowu, 14, died three weeks after. He was due to deliver a speech in the world's biggest speaking event for young people in which he was to implore teenagers to give up knives,
The Prime Minister said one of his biggest ambitions before leaving politics was to see Burmese dissident leader Aung San Suu Kyi released and in power.
“I want Aung San Suu Kyi not only to be released but to be in power in Burma. That's one of the great causes of the 20th century, every country should be a democracy and Burma is one of these countries that has been prevented from doing so. There is a need for China, India and the other countries around Burma to bring pressure to bear on the Burmese government to embrace democracy and respect human life,” he said.http://odili.net/news/source/2008/aug/25/218.html
Re: Another Nigerian Murdered In London by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2008
More to the story than meets the eye.

Lord rest his soul.
Re: Another Nigerian Murdered In London by ty4real(m): 7:01pm On Aug 25, 2008
Obara jisos! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Another Nigerian Murdered In London by ladybam(f): 9:40pm On Aug 25, 2008
what a pity
Re: Another Nigerian Murdered In London by SeanT21(f): 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2008
I think Great britian needs to leaglize GUN. A Chav will not try to harm you if he knows you have GUN!!!
Re: Another Nigerian Murdered In London by 8ball(m): 4:18pm On Aug 29, 2008
@ poster

What's wiv The uk and the knife culture.Are these murders specifically targeted to decimate the population on Nigerians in the UK.About time we all rose n condemned vis rising trend
Re: Another Nigerian Murdered In London by tombola: 4:28pm On Aug 29, 2008
and people want us to beleive that London is paradise, no crime - no attitude - no nothing - a place where people get stabbed on the bus - at the full glare of other people - a place where no week goes without some shot, knifed or killed - its too much o - make God dey helep we any where wey we dey ni o.
Re: Another Nigerian Murdered In London by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 29, 2008
Murders take place in Nigeria often.
The fact definite records don't exist, and these crimes are not documented, doesn't mean the problem isn't there.

Worth mentioning, London's just a small city within the UK.
Re: Another Nigerian Murdered In London by Busybody2(f): 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2008
Siena:

. . . Worth mentioning, London's just a small city within the UK.

Question please? Where is everyone then, if the population of Birmingham one of the biggest city in Britain is always put at around the 200,000 mark, and Manchester's population too is not up to 1,000,000, and Britain has a population of around 66,000,000?
Re: Another Nigerian Murdered In London by blackspade(m): 4:51am On Aug 30, 2008
All this black on black crime in the west makes me sick! angry
Re: Another Nigerian Murdered In London by tombola: 5:15am On Aug 30, 2008
Siena:

Murders take place in Nigeria often.
The fact definite records don't exist, and these crimes are not documented, doesn't mean the problem isn't there.

Worth mentioning, London's just a small city within the UK.

always justifying the murders in London - who is comparing it to Nigeria? All these die hard British apologists. never have I heard in Nigeria that someone was shot ot stabbed inside the bus -
Re: Another Nigerian Murdered In London by TOYOSI20(f): 5:18am On Aug 30, 2008
@ Topic,

It's very unfortunate and I sympathize with his family, . . . . . .

Hopefully they conduct a thourough investigation,

or like most case they look at thevictim as a black man,

sweep the case under the carpet, and then it essentially becomes a COLD CASE. . . . . .
Re: Another Nigerian Murdered In London by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 30, 2008
kobojumkie:

always justifying the murders in London

Where did I justify the murder?
Please, read what I posted properly, if it's still unclear, I'll explain to you, till it is.

kobojumkie:

never have I heard in Nigeria that someone was shot ot stabbed inside the bus -

Maybe not, but people are killed nonetheless.
Be it on a bus, or on the street doesn't make it any different - murder is murder.
Re: Another Nigerian Murdered In London by tombola: 10:27am On Aug 30, 2008
Siena:

Where did I justify the murder?
Please, read what I posted properly, if it's still unclear, I'll explain to you, till it is.

Maybe not, but people are killed nonetheless.
Be it on a bus, or on the street doesn't make it any different - murder is murder.

Sometimes I wonder - now you have turned a simple topic into comparing Nigeria to London - how sickly some people can become - defending a foreign land as if you are the king makes me wonder what goes on in some people's brain, they dont even know you exist.

How old are you Mr man?
Re: Another Nigerian Murdered In London by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 30, 2008
Buddy, you're the very one here, that's making a simple topic complex.

How much of what you've posted in response, are relevant to this thread?

Everyone can't subscribe to the same views, and everyone has an opinion, regardless of how you choose to view things.
Re: Another Nigerian Murdered In London by SeanT21(f): 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2008
tombola:

Sometimes I wonder - now you have turned a simple topic into comparing Nigeria to London - how sickly some people can become - defending a foreign land as if you are the king makes me wonder what goes on in some people's brain, they don't even know you exist.

How old are you Mr man?

He is speaking the truth. Murders happens everywhere not just in LONDON. So Why criticize LONDON?
Re: Another Nigerian Murdered In London by bigboyslim(m): 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2008
SeanT21:

He is speaking the truth. Murders happens everywhere not just in LONDON. So Why criticize LONDON?

Its not that murders don't happen in other places. Its that these knife murders were not these rampant in the past and have continued to increase at an alarming rate.

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of This Thief And He's Also Wanted By The Nigerian Police / Woman Stripped Friend Unclad, bite her breast In Public / Recession: 7 Nigerian States With Unbelievably High Suicide Cases – See Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.