Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? (2351 Views)

Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? / How Can I Know God's Will And Be Led By The Spirit Of God? / I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

If I don't believe in your god how am I an hypocrite. Makes no sense. An hypocrite based on its definition is someone who believes but pretends no to. I have no reason to pretend.

hullo, here's someone who obviously hasnt been reading my posts asking ME to go read hers. grin
Now i NEVER said you were a hypocrite if you didnt believe in my God. Far be it from me, the less people actually believe the closer the bible says we are to the endtime (of course you can classify that as hallucination . . . as you wish ma'am, no force).

I correctly see you as a hypocrite because in the same breath you flog the issue of the christian God, you make the claim that a higher being exists which you believe. Now if a God who has a book and a history is to be disparaged as a figment of imagination, how do we classify your claim of believing a higher being exists?

You say also that this higher being may speak to people in dreams . . . in the same post you say that those who claim that God speaks to them are in need of psychiatric help . . .

someone needs help staying on one point methinks. grin
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by mazaje(m): 8:46pm On Aug 28, 2008
Far be it from me, the less people actually believe the closer the bible says we are to the endtime (of course you can classify that as hallucination . . . as you wish ma'am, no force).

End time? are you kidding me? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2008
mazaje:

End time? are you kidding me? cheesy cheesy cheesy

did you read this? - of course you can classify that as hallucination . . . as you wish ma'am, no force

Simply insert "sir" where you see "ma'am".
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by papadims: 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2008
how do you know that you are sick?
how do you know that you are hungry?
SIMPLE ANSWER;
because you can feel it.

you that God is speaking when you find an answer the your questions or challenge at that point in time.
for instance,
you trying to draw up a business plan and you dont have a business line in mind at the particular moment, then suddenly an idea springs up or you just suddenly lost interest in going into any business venture, but decided to either work under someone or go back to skoll. i can confidently tell you that God gave that idea because it the best for you at that time. then you can say, he told you what to do.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by mazaje(m): 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2008
papa_dims:

SIMPLE ANSWER;
because you can feel it.

you that God is speaking when you find an answer the your questions or challenge at that point in time.
for instance,
you trying to draw up a business plan and you don't have a business line in mind at the particular moment, then suddenly an idea springs up or you just suddenly lost interest in going into any business venture, but decided to either work under someone or go back to skoll. i can confidently tell you that God gave that idea because it the best for you at that time. then you can say, he told you what to do.

Thougts and ideas like this are the reasons why nigeria will never progress.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by papadims: 8:54pm On Aug 28, 2008
mazaje:

Thougts and ideas like this are the reasons why nigeria will never progress.

WHY
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2008
papa_dims:

SIMPLE ANSWER;
because you can feel it.

for instance,
you trying to draw up a business plan and you don't have a business line in mind at the particular moment, then suddenly an idea springs up or you just suddenly lost interest in going into any business venture, but decided to either work under someone or go back to skoll. i can confidently tell you that God gave that idea because it the best for you at that time. then you can say, he told you what to do.

This is a really "dim" post.

Are you fucking serious??

This is how God speaks?? shocked
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by ikamefa(f): 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2008
" grin " the cynical posts in here, are to die for cheesy grin cheesy grin cant stop laughing cheesy

God still talks to his children whether y'all believe in it or not cheesy
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:24pm On Aug 28, 2008
ikamefa:

God still talks to his children whether y'all believe in it or not cheesy

The trillion dollar question is how??
Because that still small voice has institutionalized a lot of people.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by ikamefa(f): 9:31pm On Aug 28, 2008
Okija_juju:

The trillion dollar question is how??
Because that[b] still small voice has institutionalized a lot of people.[/b]

" grin " and that still small voice has also made others millionaires,famous , saved some from sudden death, and so on !
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:39pm On Aug 28, 2008
ikamefa:

" grin " and that still small voice has also made others millionaires,famous , saved some from sudden death, and so on !

The highlighted portion is all I agree with in your post, and I'm sure you know those I am talking about.
The people who have made a living from hearing from God and passing on the message to the receipients for profit.

Thats right, I'm talking bout Pastors. angry
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by ikamefa(f): 9:49pm On Aug 28, 2008
Okija_juju:

The highlighted portion is all I agree with in your post, and I'm sure you know those I am talking about.
The people who have made a living from hearing from God and passing on the message to the receipients for profit.

Thats right, I'm talking bout Pastors. angry

i on the other hand! am not talking about pastors angry

am talking about inventors, innovators e.g charles barbagge ,alexander graham bell and so on

its a pity ! these days this so called pastors and men of God 've bastardize everything
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by madamkoko: 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2008
many people who hear the so-called still voices are not even xtians.

Oprah, is not a xtian, Gates i don't think is, and many more millionaires/billionaires

Its only in Nigeria that such still voices = god.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by manmustwac(m): 10:09pm On Aug 28, 2008
@post
you and your family are hungry you just managed to scrape through the week. Na only N1000 naira u get to your name. The whole family go to Church on Sunday, while praying you speak in tongues to God for help and God says you must pay the 1000 naira as tithes and that the following week you should expect your miracle. That is the perfect example of How You Know God Is Talking To You grin
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2008
manmustwac:

@post
you and your family are hungry you just managed to scrape through the week. Na only N1000 naira u get to your name. The whole family go to Church on Sunday, while praying you speak in tongues to God for help and God says you must pay the 1000 naira as tithes and that the following week you should expect your miracle. That is the perfect example of How You Know God Is Talking To You grin

simple, you look into your bible and see examples of the early believers. The apostles in the book of acts took tithes and offerings to help the brethren IN THE CHURCH not to keep it to build schools, buy the fastest chariots, sell miracles and send their children to rome to study.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by huxley(m): 10:39pm On Aug 28, 2008
davidylan:

simple, you look into your bible and see examples of the early believers. The apostles in the book of acts took tithes and offerings to help the brethren IN THE CHURCH not to keep it to build schools, buy the fastest chariots, sell miracles and send their children to rome to study.

The venality in today's churches has a very old tradition: See https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-148199.0.html
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 28, 2008
smtimes madamkoko/naja haje dey contradict herself grin grin
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by madamkoko: 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2008
how many times do i have to tell you people im not Naja Haje.

Naja Haje come out from your hiding na.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by mazaje(m): 12:00am On Aug 29, 2008
huxley:

The venality in today's churches has a very old tradition: See https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-148199.0.html

There is nothing that is not written in both the bible and the koran, the books are just too ambigious and can be used to prove, disprove and explain away anything depending on how you interpret them.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by TRUSERVE: 7:53am On Aug 29, 2008
God doesn't have a standard way of speaking to his people. he speaks to his people in different ways: through the pastor, Holly spirit, His word, Visions, Dreams, person and many other ways. for as long as you have close relationship with him you can be able to recognise his voice (John 10:3 ).

Revelation 4
1After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

Acts 26:14
14And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks

Revelation 14:2
2And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by anonimi: 8:45am On Aug 29, 2008
The only way to know if God is talking to you is to check if what you have heard confiorms to the character of God as you perceive Him - Bible for Xtians; K'oran for M'uslims; Torah for Jews etc.
For example, if you hear a voice asking you to make three quotations on three letterheads of fake, unregistered company so you can smart[/b]ly win a super inflated contract to share the proceeds with the civil servants or private company executives overseeing the tendering/bidding process, you surely are not hearing from God and it does not matter if you give testimony and 100% ogf the illicit profit to your church (= pastor [b]but not equal to [/color]God). Maybe you heard from the guy who promised Christ the world in this Matthew 4 conversation:

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.  shocked
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

It is interesting to note that all texts on blessings that have been overflogged by our prosperity pastors are preceeded by a [color=#990000]requirement
of righteousness.
You may also refer to Jeremiah 9: 23-24 for the Christian standard of checking if God is the one talking to you.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Seabe(m): 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2008
Hie there folks, how are you doing. This is an important topic and i passed by because it's a very sensetive issue. God speaks from his word, because his word and voice are one. The bible says that God put things into rememberance, God merely reminds when he speaks and he dosen't force things on people. So for us to hear his voice we need to read the bible and believe his word because that's how he speaks to us. Cheers  cool smiley
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by zarazara: 7:44pm On Oct 07, 2008
Well I think your relationship with your maker determines whether you hear from him or not.

(1) (2) (Reply)

@habiolah; Your Creator Has Opened The Vista Of Success To You. Accept Guidance. / If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion / Top 10 Christian Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.