Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,112 members, 7,852,765 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:44 AM

Islam And Changing Times? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And Changing Times? (2357 Views)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders / A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam / Baby Naming In Islam And The Modern Society. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Islam And Changing Times? by Nobody: 4:55am On Aug 31, 2008
Just one more muslim caught in a lie - ife-eco

You have only proved that Muslims are changing, not Islam. And this is why there is the term SIN(drifting from Allah's laws).

"SIN" as a concept does not exist in the quran or hadiths. It is simply a modern muslim plagiarism of a christian concept.
Re: Islam And Changing Times? by Queenisha: 4:59am On Aug 31, 2008
Abuzola:

Why in some society polygamy is ban is because the men are not capable of dealing among their wives justice

Have you also noticed that the Muslim Yoruba women have the highest rate of divorce in Nigeria and the reason often cited in the divorce papers is "lack of spousal support" /abandonment.
So how could that happen if you'recapable of treating your wives equally.
Isn't it common knowledge that aisha was Mohammeds favourite wife and the other wives were often jealous of her?
If the man you tell us is your perfect example could not love his 14 abi 16 wives equally, how on earth do you think you can?
Re: Islam And Changing Times? by Queenisha: 5:01am On Aug 31, 2008
Abuzola:

It is bluttant lie to say scholar re adjusting the age of Aisha before she married, this tradition continues forever

Please answer one simple question for me.
According to the hadiths, how old was aisha when she married Mohammed ?
Re: Islam And Changing Times? by KarmaMod(f): 5:03am On Aug 31, 2008
Queenisha:

In Sunday school,we're encouraged to air our views and learn
That's why Christians tend to be more  curious and innovative.
We're encouraged to reason and ask questions.

Depends osisi. While I agree on the most part. You have to admit some churches look down on their members asking question or bring up different view

This is just one of the examples of such

I remember one time during these women's meeting, my sister dared to question the "mummy" of a Naija church; I believe it was on the issue of taking care of the kids. She asked where in the Bible it said men had to be emotionally distant with their kids. In my sister’s opinion, being part of the day to day taking care of the kids .i.e. bathing them, cooking for them, getting them ready for school, playing with them. . . just being normal with these kids goes beyond being a chore but creates an emotional bond with father and child.

“Mommy” said since she and her husband married some gajllion years ago, her husband has never bathed for their children because it has her job as the woman and mother to do it. My sister said she knows this is what some women do and they ascribe it to being Biblical which is why she wants to know where exactly in the Bible mothers were instructed not to let fathers take care of their kids? Mommy said is about respect and then tried to disparage my sister’s relationship with her husband by saying what kind of respect does she have for her husband if she allows him to bend down or kneel down by the bathtub to bath their child? My sister said fortunately for her, her husband is very secure in his manhood not to take such things as anything.

You could have heard a pin drop and it took all the power and will in me not to laugh, my mouth looked like I was attempting to swallow a fist size puff-puff. “Mommy” eyed my sister and just continued preaching to these women on how to create an emotional gap between their children and husband. My sister was going to push it but my aunt gave her the evil eye, so she simmered down. After the fellowship, the “wise women” (we call them Coven) of the church called my sister and told her to go apologize to “Mommy” for rudeness, she did and “Mommy” said in the most long-suffering tone ever (do they have a special school where they teach them that tone??) that she forgives my sister and she understands we have many factors to overcome in order to get there.
Re: Islam And Changing Times? by Nobody: 5:03am On Aug 31, 2008
ayinba1:

Turkey is not an Islamic nation, at least you should know a little about government unless of course all you do here is fitnah.

Turkey is not an islamic nation for one reason - it wants so desperately to join the EU. Turkey has an influential AKP (islamic party) that wants nothing more than to turn Turkey into the european equivalent of saudi arabia. The only saving grace is the relatively secular army that keeps them in check.
For once, there are muslims who see a glaring truth . . . there is nothing but retrogression, violence and underdevelopment to be gained in turning a growing economy into an islamic fiefdorm. Why are the Turks so bent on joining a largely christian (at least in name and history) Europe?

ayinba1:

I hope that you allow yourself to see Islam, if you convert, even better. If you die in this state, you will find yourself with the likes of Abi Lahabi. that will be such a waste.

We've all seen islam. From Saudi arabia to Sudan, Kano, Sokoto, Gaza, Pakistan . . . my dear hypocrite Ayinba1 . . . why are you living in a christian USA rather than an islamic saudi arabia . . .?
Re: Islam And Changing Times? by Nobody: 5:06am On Aug 31, 2008
KarmaMod:

Depends osisi. While I agree on the most part. You have to admit some churches look down on their members asking question or bring up different view

you can always change churches. No one will kill you.
Re: Islam And Changing Times? by Queenisha: 5:22am On Aug 31, 2008
KarmaMod:

This is just one of the examples of such

But I can assure you people will answer your questions with scriptures even if they don't give you the answers you're looking for
and you won't be lashed with bulala for asking them.

If I were a Muslim for instance,I would ask why Islam condemns lying and turns around and condones lying in 3 circumstances.
Let someone oppose me and I'll show those circumstances.
Infact what the heck!
one of them is that a man can lie to his wife in order to maintain marital peace (paraphrasing)
I guess it's now up to an individual or each individual sharia to define what extent he can go
How deceptive

see this http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/011-taqiyya.htm
Re: Islam And Changing Times? by luqman46(m): 5:59am On Aug 31, 2008
@ Queenisha, "The laws of the Koran may not change but the humans can change those archaic laws and punishments to suit the times they live in"

it is clear that u ar totally ignorant. the Qur'an is a complete revelation from God. it defines the entire way of life of a muslim even for generations to come. not everything u call mordernism is positive,as a matter of fact, every positive mordernism has a comprehensible explanation in the Qur'an.
the Qur'an is a holy book, and the purest book without any addition nor subtraction since it was revealed. for u to call it archaic is insulting God's intelligence.
for man to change the laws of a holy book means the book will lose its meaning as holy. u have said so much wrongs, may Allah have mercy on u.
Re: Islam And Changing Times? by eesaah(m): 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2008
@luqman46, ayinba1 and ife-eco-06

D reasons why some people here can never understand the point u are tryin to make on this thread are found in Quran (surah 2, verse 6-7), so pls dont bother urself any more.
Re: Islam And Changing Times? by ayinba1(f): 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2008
@Queenisha,

"fitnah" as used in my post means  

Blocking the way and turning people away AND  Persecution,.

Since you know so much about the Quran, I am surprised that you ask for the meaning.

As for the fate of[b]Abi  Lahab[/b],  Below is a Yusus Ali translation of Allah's word on him.

"In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful

Perish the hands of the Father of Flame! Perish he!

No profit to him from all his wealth and all his gains

Burnt soon will he be in a Fire of blazing Flame

His wife shall carry the (crackling) wood as fuel

A twisted rope of palm-leaf fibre round her (own) neck"

Pretty much doomed in this world and the next! He did a lot of "fitnah" to muslims in the time of the Prophet (pbuh).
Re: Islam And Changing Times? by ayinba1(f): 1:22pm On Aug 31, 2008
@David,

Do you want to review your post?
davidylan:

Turkey is not an islamic nation for one reason - it wants so desperately to join the EU. Turkey has an influential AKP (islamic party) that wants nothing more than to turn Turkey into the european equivalent of saudi arabia. The only saving grace is the relatively secular army that keeps them in check.
Maybe it makes sense to you.

Well at least you agree that Turkey is not an Islamic state, so do not use the rules of Turkey as proof of Islam changing.

You are quick to throw the word “hypocrite at anyone you disagree with. Ramadan is on, I will not be trading words with you.
Ref: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-164841.0.html
I will address your questions as best as I can, insha Allah.

davidylan:

We've all seen islam. From Saudi arabia to Sudan, Kano, Sokoto, Gaza, Pakistan . . . my dear hypocrite Ayinba1 . . . why are you living in a christian USA rather than an islamic saudi arabia . . .?
Are you for real?? Because you live in America, you think you can make pronouncements like this? Yeah right, Christian nation indeed.

I live in America for the same reason that you, the Jew/Xtian can live NEITHER in Israel nor Rome.
Re: Islam And Changing Times? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 31, 2008
ayinba1:

@David,

Do you want to review your post? Maybe it makes sense to you.

Too bad you can't comprehend simple international politics. I always maintain many of you who post here are frankly ignorant of the world around you. The AKP islamist, the ruling party in Turkey this July narrowly escaped being banned by turkey's constitutional court for charges of trying to surreptitiously expunge the secular constitution in favour of islamist laws. The threat of a coup from the relatively secular Turkish army has also held the AKP in check to a certain extent.

Try and read up on latest news, it might keep hypocrites like you from sounding stupid.

ayinba1:

Well at least you agree that Turkey is not an Islamic state, so do not use the rules of Turkey as proof of Islam changing.

Its not a matter of "at least agreeing", its common knowledge. We also know this is because Turkey can't hope to gain EU membership if it morphed into an islamic state.

ayinba1:

You are quick to throw the word “hypocrite at anyone you disagree with. Ramadan is on, I will not be trading words with you.

That's not true. I use it for specific reasons where i find the individual ACTIVELY being a hypocrite.

ayinba1:

Are you for real?? Because you live in America, you think you can make pronouncements like this? Yeah right, Christian nation indeed.

Another stupid statement. America was founded by christians, based on christian principles and is largely a christian nation. Have you asked yourself why a muslim CAN NEVER expect to be voted into sensitive positions in the US? Cry all you want, the facts are bare . . . there is a reason tha t"In God we trust" is a motto of the US . . .

there is also a reason that "one nation under God" is part of the US pledge of allegiance. And NO, the "God" being refered to there is NOT allah but the God of the bible.

Stay there playing the hypocrite as usual. I asked a valid question . . . why do you prefer to live in the US instead of islamic countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and co? Its funny you ask others to "see islam" when you prefer to live in a christian nation. Ever wondered why "palestinian arabs" would rather go to the US rather than Egypt, Jordan or Saudi Arabia to further their education? Are these not the same hypocrites who danced on the street and shared sweets after 9-11?
The more you "see islam" the more you make up your mind NEVER to entertain such a vile and despicable destroyer of men's souls.

ayinba1:

I live in America for the same reason that you, the Jew/Christian can live NEITHER in Israel nor Rome.

This is the most foolish lie i ever heard. Rome is home to everyone . . . christian, muslim, athiest, catholic . . . .

Israel is also home to everyone . . . christian, muslim, athiest, catholic.

where do you get your brazen lies from? Isnt ramadan period a time to learn not to tell such despicable untruths?
Re: Islam And Changing Times? by ayinba1(f): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2008
Be content in your ways!
Re: Islam And Changing Times? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 31, 2008
ayinba1:

I live in America for the same reason that you, the Jew/Christian can live NEITHER in Israel nor Rome.

I'm sorry but this BLATANT, DESPICABLE, UNDERHAND and SHAMELESS lie just should not go unnoticed. I have decided to respond to it in more detail for the sake of gullible pple here who obviously have been brainwashed by islamic lies.

Christian - Rome is predominantly a christian city though populated by catholics. There are muslims and protestants who live and worship FREELY in Rome without fear or favour.

- Israel - Similar to Rome, christians, muslims, athiests call Israel home without discrimination.

Jews - Its laughably stupid that someone in this century can claim that Jews are NOT allowed to live in Israel, their own country. shocked Does ayinba1 live in a hole?

- Rome - If only some people made use of google before posting; Rome has an official chief Rabbi, his name is Riccardo Di Segni, an Italian Jew.

Common, is there anymore proof as to why i take statements made by clueless muslims with a pinch of salt?

(1) (2)

15 Things You Should Know About Pigs / Sheikh Alhassan Sa'id Adam Jos Is Dead / The Meaning Of Surat Al-fathia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.