Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,241 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

[b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col (1500 Views)

A Concubine Should Not Be Made To Pay For The Sins Of A Cheating Spouse!!! / My Mom Is Missing / Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by uchvic(m): 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2008
please i need a candid ideal for em running out of time
guys and ladies Ur suggestion, i believe would be going a long way,

INITIALLY A PARENT OF A GIRL WITH UNWANTED PREGNANCY GENERATE PROBLEM

WHEN THE GUY RESPONSIBLE DENY HIS RESPONSIBILITIES,

BUT MINE REVERSE IS THE CASE,

MY GIRLFRIEND'S MOM, SHE IS INSISTING I COME AND PAY  FOR HER PRIDE PRICE

BEFORE A PERIOD OF TIME, WHICH IF I FAIL TO OBLIGE SHE IS GOING TO TERMINATE

THE PREGNANCY OF 4MONTHS OLD, I KNOW U GUYZ WOULD BE ASKING WAT KIND OF MOTHER IS SHE BUT

ACCORDING TO HER COMING FROM A ROYAL FAMILY, SHE STAND THE CHANCE OF LIVING THE ROYAL FAMILY IF THE

HUSBAND FINDS OUT

I LOVE DIS MYGIRL SO MUCH,  THAT I'M RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PREGNANCY AND THAT I PROMISE TO

SETTLE EVERY NECESSARY RITE,  BUT TIME IS TICKING AND SHE MY GIRLFRIEND'S MOM IS DAMN

SERIOUS,

NA IRALANDERS PLS WHAT SHOULD I DO?    SINCERELY SPEAKING I DON'T THINK

I CAN BEAT THE HER DEADLING
Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by spikedcylinder: 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2008
Goodness me. Wat?!?!?!
Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by yongbabe(f): 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2008
Dis guy is determined to murder English

4 Likes

Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Goodness me. What?!?!?!

yong babe:

lol cheesy I can not help but laugh grin
Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by yimiton(f): 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2008
How do you mean you can't beat the dead line?
Bride price is not that expensive, it's the marital rites that are expensive. I'll advice you go ahead and do what you have to do to keep your baby, if your future mother inlaw is serious about kililng her own unborn grand child, it's unfortunate, but please, do not give her the chance of killing your baby.
Go ahead, look for money any how, even if it means borrowing, do what you should and keep your girl and your baby.

1 Like

Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by Nautillus(m): 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2008
Dude, can you please make it simpler ? ? ? can make much from it
Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by menix(m): 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ Our English profs here.
D guy say im girl friend mama don give am date to come pay pride price or else she will delete d pickin wey em daughter carry. Caus dem fit pursue am comot 4 there Royal kingdom.

@ Poster.
On ur topic i saw 990000, dis figure na 4 watin cous if na her pride price b dat, bros no marry again oooo expect u get property 4 choice location @ Banana Island.
Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by AmakaOne(f): 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2008
na wah for shelling on Nairaland o!!

Tabon no go kill us!
Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by topup: 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2008
It sounds a little dodgy to me, since you would ideally want to get married before signs of the pregnancy start to show (if not already) so why the to be mother-in-law is blackmailing you for bride price in this day and age surpasses me.

It seems like it is a money issue, otherwise if you were willing to marry her daughter, I don't know why she'D put anything in the way.

You have to think of many things;

- What does your girlfriend want in all of this?

- DO you want to marry her?

- Can you afford the bride price (sum)

- Can you afford the bride price (if paid in installments - I know silly but if it's got to be done, )

- Will the M-I-L let you pay in installments

- Can you live with the idea of your beloved girlfriend having an abortion of your child

- Will you be forced to break up the relationship if the pregnancy is terminated/bride price is not paid

I need to know more.
This situation seems to have been made further unnecessarily complicated by the M-I-L, your best hope maybe to talk to her to reassure her that you intend to be responsible in whatever action you take and you have her daughter's best interest (which I hope you genuinely do).
Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by Queenisha: 5:28pm On Aug 28, 2008
Royal family my bakassi
is there anyone in Nigeria that's not from a royal family.
there's even a king with a kingdom in western Nigeria profiled on MSNBC driving buses in New York
Nonsense.

@ poster topup asked some smart questions.
I can understand why the mother would want you to come and marry the girl officially
It's still a shameful thing for a girl to be pregnant out of wedlock
but the threat of terminating her daughter's pregnancy is where I begin to question her sanity.
goodluck with that kain psychotic mother in law
Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by uchvic(m): 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2008
@topup

my girl's mom is playing hard to convince

i spoke to her on phone, maybe i can come over to make my intensions known,

but she still demand dat both d bride price and marital rites to be perform at once

in otherwords no Installmental payment of anything

As for members of my family, they accept her (my girlfriend).

but her mom don't want to see reasons why that Abortion should be ruled-out of the issues

cos

1. the pregnancy is four months old

2. Her (my girlfriends) life is at stake here

But d so-called mother don't care about this reasons

my girlfriends movement has been restricted by her family, so she wouldn't be able to runaway from home

guyz i'm confused here,

if by 8th of september nothing is done, dat means i'm bidding bye-bye to my Unborn baby

at dis junction what would happen to my girlfriend and our relationship

we managed to build for Eight good solid years?

SAVE A SOUL
Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by MissyB1(m): 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2008
I feel sorry for you.

I hope you get money soon before the date. embarassed
Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by proo212(m): 3:32pm On Sep 04, 2008
It shouldn't be that expensive since it's just pride you're paying for.
Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by hunniebomb(f): 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2008
yong babe:

u r to much. LMAO

@poster, i didn't understand anything, do some editing or ask someone to help u so dat d peeps here will be able to give una some advice.
Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by sistawoman: 6:24pm On Sep 09, 2008
So what happened?

Did you pay?

Did she abort your baby?
Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by uchvic(m): 2:34pm On Sep 11, 2008
@sistawoman

I couldn't save my unborn just because i was financially unstable then.

my girl was brain-washed by her mom that she couldn't see reasons with me.

and now she called me to tell me how sorry she was to have aborted the pregnancy,

her mom is really and extremely glad that shame was wiped out of her eyes by the abortion her daugther did.

@poster
what i'm asking is this, as if the abortion cost her her life on the process, what do u guyz think would happen to me?

Anyway, ladies try and learn not to be a victim, coz most mother can toy with the life of their children regardless of the dangers and the feelings of their children.

Is it wise to continue with the relationship?

some would be asking what happen to the love i have for her?
well for me i'm kind of bitter inside and also feeling terribly hurt and confused

Guyz plz be sincere with me ok?
Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by kurlz(f): 10:40am On Aug 04, 2020
[hn
Re: [b]my Girlfriend's Mom, She Is Insisting I Come And Pay For Her Pride Price[/b][color=#990000][/col by UDUJ(m): 11:01am On Aug 04, 2020
Pride Price

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen Babyosis Aka Nwando, Donzman, Ghettochyk? / Please Advice! My Husband Refuses To Test His Fluid, Is My Husband Infertile? / Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.