Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:51 PM

Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) (41641 Views)

Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri / Let's Speak Spanish! / Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by Allen102: 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2022
SlayerForever:

No no no. We need to do away with lies. Whatever one wants to identify as is his personal decision. But the truth must always be spoken.

Okrika did not even deal much on slaves because Bonny would not allow them and there was nothing they could do to change that. Bonny was too powerful. The Okrika were originally Igbo. Then the Ijaw came in later. Screenshot attached (from 1800s).
That your screenshot is absolutely nothing but nonsense. Okrikan people are not related to igbos in anyway, the igbos in Okrika are descendant of Igbo slaves who were bought by their masters as they don't belong there.
Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by SlayerForever: 8:33pm On Jan 10, 2022
Allen102:
That your screenshot is absolutely nothing but nonsense. Okrikan people are not related to igbos in anyway, the igbos in Okrika are descendant of Igbo slaves who were bought by their masters as they don't belong there.

From your fellow Ijaw people.

Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by Allen102: 12:46am On Jan 11, 2022
SlayerForever:

From your fellow Ijaw people.
Listen and listen very carefully Mr man any Okrikan who said he or she understands Igbo or speak Igbo is a descendant of Igbo slaves. Okrikans don't understand igbo as we consider igbo as a foreign slave language. And btw Okrika people don't use Imama.

1 Like

Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by WorWorBoy: 1:00am On Jan 11, 2022
*sigh*
Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by SlayerForever: 9:48am On Jan 11, 2022
Allen102:
Listen and listen very carefully Mr man any Okrikan who said he or she understands Igbo or speak Igbo is a descendant of Igbo slaves. Okrikans don't understand igbo as we consider igbo as a foreign slave language. And btw Okrika people don't use Imama.

Okay. I will show her this comment.

cc Worworboy

1 Like

Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by ThickSharon123(f): 7:48pm On Jan 11, 2022
Please and please,if you are from Opobo and Bonny, or Okrirka, or any other Igbo speaking coastal town and these Ijaws call you Igbo slaves because you're their neighbors, throw them back to the creeks where they belong. Ijaws have no levels with you people. Your lands were never created with slave growth, it was and can never happened. This is the lies Ijaws spread to make you shy away from your ancestral language and accept theirs, its a high level of witchcraft.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by Allen102: 1:04am On Jan 12, 2022
SlayerForever:

Okay. I will show her this comment.

cc Worworboy
Don't only show her my comment bring her to Nl and once you have done that, don't forget to mention me. Let her tell me since when did imama became an Okrika word.
Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by ThickSharon123(f): 2:23am On Jan 12, 2022
Allen102:
Don't only show her my comment bring her to Nl and once you have done that, don't forget to mention me. Let her tell me since when did imama became an Okrika word.

Ijaw people can theif grin grin grin
Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by Allen102: 5:04am On Jan 12, 2022
ThickSharon123:

Ijaw people can theif grin grin grin
Ironically,you are the ones trying to turn my people ( Okrikans) into something we are not who's the thief now? undecided

1 Like

Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by Allen102: 5:10am On Jan 12, 2022
ThickSharon123:
Please and please,if you are from Opobo and Bonny, or Okrirka, or any other Igbo speaking coastal town and these Ijaws call you Igbo slaves because you're their neighbors, throw them back to the creeks where they belong. Ijaws have no levels with you people. Your lands were never created with slave growth, it was and can never happened. This is the lies Ijaws spread to make you shy away from your ancestral language and accept theirs, its a high level of witchcraft.
Okrika Igbo speaking coastal town? Lmao ! You don't even know what you are thinking about!

1 Like

Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by BlackSaints: 5:13am On Jan 12, 2022
ThickSharon123:
Okrika people Igbo speaking? You must be high on weed what a stupid thing to say. And speaking of witchcraft,it is your Igbo brother Odili who use witchcraft to nearly wipe out Okrika people from existence.
Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by aribisala0(m): 9:34am On Jan 26, 2022
SlayerForever:

Wrong notion to base the Igbo language in Okrika on slavery. Okrika were originally peopled by Igbos before the Izon language came in, hence the reason why your people speak a transition language of Igbo/Okrika.

The Igbo language spoken should be strongly Aro based, Aro is a leading figure in Igboland. The language didn't come in by slavery.
Lies Aro is esablished as an Akpa/Akampka dynasty. That s where the Nnub brothers came from .They were not Eboes.Their descendants reign in Aro till today.
They came conquered and took over using aro as a base for selling millions of Eboes as slaves. They did not see themselves as Eboes.When slavery ended millions of Ibo speaking slaves were freed and the language became dominant but Eze Ibom Aro is not Eboe. His ancestors enslaved Eboes and sold them foo centuries
Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by SlayerForever: 9:50am On Jan 26, 2022
[s]
aribisala0:
Lies Aro is esablished as an Akpa/Akampka dynasty. That s where the Nnub brothers came from .They were not Eboes.Their descendants reign in Aro till today.
They came conquered and took over using aro as a base for selling millions of Eboes as slaves. They did not see themselves as Eboes.When slavery ended millions of Ibo speaking slaves were freed and the language became dominant but Eze Ibom Aro is not Eboe. His ancestors enslaved Eboes and sold them foo centuries
[/s]
Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by aribisala0(m): 9:52am On Jan 26, 2022
SlayerForever:
[ Lies Aro is esablished as an Akpa/Akampka dynasty. That s where the Nnub brothers came from .They were not Eboes.Their descendants reign in Aro till today.
Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by suraboy957(m): 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2022
Abeg please where can I learn to speak this language my dad died when I was young and my mother is not from okrika
Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by Oroasis: 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2022
Ibime:
Sorry to border you, is George ama,the same as Ndubis ama? Pls reply. I really need your answer right now thanks
Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by Ibime(m): 10:35pm On Dec 31, 2022
Oroasis:
Sorry to border you, is George ama,the same as Ndubis ama? Pls reply. I really need your answer right now thanks

They are from the same people but there is a historic schism between them so they don't relate to each other despite living next to each other

1 Like

Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by Oroasis: 10:50pm On Dec 31, 2022
Ibime:

They are from the same people but there is a historic schism between them so they don't relate to each other despite living next to each other
Thank you man, I'll really appreciate it. But just to clarify. There's a town called Geroge Ama, And there's also a town called Ndubis Ama?
Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by Ibime(m): 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2022
Oroasis:
Thank you man, I'll really appreciate it. But just to clarify. There's a town called Geroge Ama, And there's also a town called Ndubis Ama?

Ndibuisi shares the same island with Ogan Ama but they are from George Ama. However the two sides don't cross boundary into each others land historically despite sharing the same Island due to some historic beef I can't recall

Chief Ogan and Chief George broke out from Okrika mainland and cultivated those islands together and were best friends. I don't know the origin of the beef with Ndibuisi but I suspect Ndibuisi may have been a house within George that had problem with Chief George and fled to seek refuge on Ogan island, and later fell out with Chief Ogan or his descendants

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by Oroasis: 11:24pm On Dec 31, 2022
Ibime:

Ndibuisi shares the same island with Ogan Ama but they are from George Ama. However the two sides don't cross boundary into each land historically despite sharing the same Island due to some historic beef I can't recall

Chief Ogan and Chief George broke out from Okrika mainland and cultivated those islands together and were best friends. I don't know the origin of the beef with Ndibuisi but I suspect Ndibuisi may have been a house within George that had problem with Chief George and fled to seek refuge on Ogan island, and later fell out with Chief Ogan or his descendants

Thank you very much.
Re: Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw) by Ifeayime: 10:09am On Jun 22
Lies. Kay Williamson classified Okrika language as Ijaw.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gigantic Ice Wall Surrounds All 7 Continents:thus Proving The Sky Is 360 Degrees / Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days / Masquerade Spotted Chilling On Moving Bus In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.