Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,157 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Divorce 82 Wives Or Leave Nupe Land - Monarch Tells Man With 86 Wives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Divorce 82 Wives Or Leave Nupe Land - Monarch Tells Man With 86 Wives (882 Views)

Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 / Stop Fighting Obiano, Monarch Tells Ex-gov Peter Obi / Man With 86 Wives To Sue Inec For Discrimination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce 82 Wives Or Leave Nupe Land - Monarch Tells Man With 86 Wives by TheJoker1(m): 7:59am On Aug 29, 2008
THE much talked about man with 86 wives, Abubakar Bello, was on Thursday given a two-day ultimatum by Nupe Assembly to divorce 82 of them or leave Nupe land.

The Etsu Nupe, Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar, gave the order after a three-hour trial of the man in Bida, Niger State, on Thursday, stating that he could not guarantee his safety.

He also asked that Bello should be taken to a psychiatrist for medical examination.

“His action and statements undermine Islam and Nupe land. “This is our position now and will continue to be,” Alhaji Abubakar said.

The trial was witnessed by top Islamic scholars from within and outside Niger State. Etc

@Topic.
Don't know if we are over flogging this issue but what i want to know is who amongst all the parties involved should be taken to psychiatrist for medical evaluation.

I thinks they should just let the man be as there more important cracks in the society that affect the majority which need ultra urgent intervention than one person's choice of number of wives. Shows the emir and state assembly are jobless people.
Re: Divorce 82 Wives Or Leave Nupe Land - Monarch Tells Man With 86 Wives by bilymuse: 8:04am On Aug 29, 2008
the Etsu of Nupe is mad.
both he and the said man has the same right to reside anywhere in Nigeria without fear of intimidation or harassment.

this is a test case for both the Nigerian government and the police, people are watching to see what happen to the man.
Re: Divorce 82 Wives Or Leave Nupe Land - Monarch Tells Man With 86 Wives by TheJoker1(m): 8:14am On Aug 29, 2008
I remember Mr. MKO Abiola of blessed memory, the acclaimed winner of June 12, who if he were still alive, no one would have dared to condemn. If my faculties serve me correctly, i think he has a traditional title from Nupe land.
Re: Divorce 82 Wives Or Leave Nupe Land - Monarch Tells Man With 86 Wives by tpia: 9:07am On Aug 29, 2008
why should he leave Nupeland and where do they want him to go?

We all know his next stop will be Yorubaland.

abeg oh.

The man should just send the wives packing. Why should any human being need 86 wives anyway.

The powers that be have probably been looking for a way to get rid of him even before now. He could turn himself into a political godfather influencing politics if care isnt taken. undecided
Re: Divorce 82 Wives Or Leave Nupe Land - Monarch Tells Man With 86 Wives by bawomolo(m): 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2008
huh, polygamy is legal in nigeria. he has right to stay kampe for Nupe. abi the etsu dey jealous am.
Re: Divorce 82 Wives Or Leave Nupe Land - Monarch Tells Man With 86 Wives by dayokanu(m): 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2008
The man should just send the wives packing. Why should any human being need 86 wives anyway.

We have 365 days and nights in a year. Variety is the spice grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Divorce 82 Wives Or Leave Nupe Land - Monarch Tells Man With 86 Wives by RibaduFan(m): 4:42pm On Aug 29, 2008
@dayokanu
crazy dayo u no even fit say hi to ur guys
Re: Divorce 82 Wives Or Leave Nupe Land - Monarch Tells Man With 86 Wives by Riskie(f): 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2008
His lifestyle is a very nice way to spread venereal disease. What a lucky bunch  grin
What is their business with how many wives he has anyway? They should leave them and their VD alone. If they make him divorce 82 of his "wives" then those 82 will be let loose into the rest of Nupeland and will share their herpes with the innocent residents of the land. Abeg, they should leave the old man and his "wives". cool

(1) (Reply)

Million Man March To Aso Rock / Fashola For President 2011 (brf 2011) / Who: Serious Outbreak Of Meningitis Hits Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.