Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? (2507 Views)

RCCG Repairs Lagos-ibadan Expressway / 2014 Prophecies By Dr. DK Olukoya Of MFM / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 29, 2008
I am a good christian and God has been good to me in so many ways and I feel his presence daily.
Nevertheless, I must say the truth. Whats to be done about the traffic caused by RCCG and MFM on the expressway when they have programmes.
I had my wedding in Ibadan on the 8th and 9th of August and unluckily for us, it was RCCG's convention and MFM had a program
Your guess is as good as mine as to what happened that day, half of our guests were stuck in traffic for hours and got to Ibadan after the whole ceremony, some did not even make it at all. It was a miracle the grooms family members were not stuck in traffic.
I feel its very bad to disturb other citizens movement and travelling, (especially non-christians) with religious activities. You cant plan again, you have to consider them. Its so bad because we actually considered them while picking dates, by not choosing 1st weekend but they chose that our weekend for their convention.
I looked out if the government will say anthing about that day, but up to date nothing has been said.
What can we citizens do to eradicate this?? or whats the solution to these??
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? by saltbee(f): 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2008
aysometing. let me first congratulate you on your wedding. Also glory to God for making the day come to pass.
I actually witnessed the traffic on that saturday.i left the camp for ibadan with my husband. we had to treak a long distance before we could board a bus.

i am a member of RCCG and i must tell you that there are measures in place to control such terrible traffic. the drivers [both private and commercial} must learn to be patient. and it is not to anyone's desire to see such a stressfull and frustrating traffic jam.

i believe more effort will be put in place to reduce / eliminate such.

once again congratulations and happy married life! smiley
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2008
Thanx dear
At least that makes me feel better
We await the materalisation of the plans, I suggest an overhead bridge though, RCCG can afford it.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? by KunleOshob(m): 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2008
aysometin:

We await the materalisation of the plans, I suggest an overhead bridge though,[b] RCCG can afford i[/b]t.
But they would rather use the money to buy a private jet cool
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? by detruth: 4:54pm On Aug 29, 2008
@poster
Afterall we thank God that nothing stopped you from marrying your love at last.
Congratulations!!!!!

"Solution"! Attend their conventions! cool
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? by tpia: 9:45pm On Aug 29, 2008
Its a miracle the bride or groom werent themselves stuck in traffic and forced to miss their own wedding.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? by ZinoBen: 2:52am On Aug 30, 2008
The solution is for government to bulldoze those contraptions called miracle churches and replace them with beautiful residential houses like the lekki/ajah express way.

Why did Raji Rasaki and Major general Abdulkarim Adisa not finish the good work they started by trying to fumigate that place undecided
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 31, 2008
simple, do what the nothingham police did to our pips at the carnival lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? by tpia: 1:48am On Aug 31, 2008
olrotimi:

simple, do what the nothingham police did to our pips at the carnival lipsrsealed

oh yes, I meant to read about that.

They chased out the Nigerians or something?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:55am On Aug 31, 2008
Its simple

Put a toll gate there and start charging the church members.

When the money is big enough, they should build a massive over-pass across the church.

Or the government should make them hold their programs at night when reasonable Nigerians are asleep
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? by madamkoko: 2:00am On Aug 31, 2008
Put a toll gate there and start charging the church members.

Goood idea.

that will be millions and millions of dollars shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? by Nobody: 3:19am On Aug 31, 2008
they need not charge those already poo pips, if churches declare turnovers of tens of millions, the govt can simply sign a JVG to build those bridges
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? by bawomolo(m): 4:18am On Aug 31, 2008
an easy way most developed countries deal with congestion is to charge a toll. the churches need to invest more in public transport and car pools. less cars on the road.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? by AKO1(m): 2:04pm On Aug 31, 2008
Okija_juju:

Or the government should make them hold their programs at night when reasonable Nigerians are asleep

That doesnt reduce traffic.

A new alternative route on or off the expressway is the best.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? by lucabrasi(m): 2:13pm On Aug 31, 2008
i think first there should be a public/pivate funding patnership between the churches and the state government concerned,also they can get ppl to leave their cars and arrange for buses to ferry them to and from the expressway and drop them at a communal car park,im a member of the redeemed churc but if we r to look at the way the western world would handle such problem i think the church has to ake responsibility
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution? by timimatrix: 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2008
let we xtiain stop finding fauths on each other.

(1) (Reply)

You Will Be Comppletly Healed In Just A Minutes It's Real. / Please Who Has This Song "Born To Win, Born To Reign In Life, I'm No Ordinary Pe / Crisis Of Faith For Olympic Athlete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.