Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? (1388 Views)

Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. / I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? / Why Is My Laptop So Slow? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by pennystuck: 11:38am On Aug 30, 2008
I have noticed something, Using a hp and other systems, hp usually seems slower, am I dreaming or is it true??
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by honsule(m): 11:54am On Aug 30, 2008
Mine is not slow
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by TriuneAuto: 11:58am On Aug 30, 2008
Pennystuck, well you have to take into consideration a lot of things.

What type of processor do you have? the Intel processors are a lot better as a matter of fact, i don't buy AMDs because Intels have a fan in it which cools down the processors and AMD just gets hot which affects the functionality as the computer ages.

Also, what tye of Hard drive do you have? and have you almost maxed it out with information. you can go to the help section of your computer to see how much space has been used up and what is left.

So, it is no so much of the brand, but the speed, and processor.

hope this help!
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by uspry1(f): 4:28pm On Aug 30, 2008
My HP Pavilion clone (my own do-it-yourself barebone system with discontinued HP Pavilion tower case, no HP logo, just custom HP-clone tower case) has not slow down!

My system with brand new motherboard, CPU, and firewire port were replaced that was caused by thunderstorm/lightening to fry those parts 2 years ago. angry

My power surge does not protect from thunderstorm/lightening! shocked angry I learned my lesson to turn my sys off when it comes to thunderstorm/lightening until I will buy my own home-office Uninterrupted Power System (UPS) protection! grin

My home-office Uninterrupted Power System (UPS) protection is 100% guaranteed protected against lightening, thunderstorm, brownout, blackout, power spike, and power surge and comes with small battery backup that lasts holding the power between 15-minutes to 4 hours option depend on size of UPS and how much watt/voltage you have and allowing you to have time to save your data, close Windows before turning your computer and printer off itself automatically by UPS-controlled during BLACKOUT/power outage. GREAT!
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by uspry1(f): 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2008
Pennystuck, you also have to take consideration that caused your system performance SLOW as follow below:

[list]
[li]You might have maxed out internet cache causing internet slow loading. . .[/li]

[li]You might have too much music/picture files from download maxed out your hard disk drive[/li]

[li]You might have virus infected from clicking strange link(s) via email or download file or flash USB or CD. . .[/li]

[li]You might have not update newer patch of anti-virus/anti-malware/anti-spyware as well as Windows updates to be scanned automatically to protect from hackers and viruses.[/li]

[li]You might not use "Disk Cleanup" from Windows system tools that is found at "/Start button/All Program/Accessories/System Tools" or obtain free download either "REGCURE" or "CCLEANER", the Registry Cleaner software to clean up unused/unnecessary files and missing/corrupted registry files.[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

By the way I usually use my McAfee® Internet Security Suite with SiteAdvisor™  software that has its own powerful McAfee QuickClean to maintain my computer instead of Windows Disk Cleanup or REGCURE or CCLEANER I mentioned above. I am more than 10 years loyal paid-subscription member of McAfee. LOVE IT!

McAfee® Internet Security Suite with SiteAdvisor™  is all-in-one package along with a proactive 10-in-1 always-updating security bundle that protects what I value, my identity and my computer from viruses, spyware, email and IM scams, hackers and online predators, and provides automated backup for important files. Surf the web, shop, bank, email, instant message, and download files with confidence. McAfee SiteAdvisor and parental controls help me and my family members avoid unsafe websites. With McAfee’s security service continuously and automatically delivers the most up-to-date features, enhancements and threat data. Also, automated PC tune-ups remove unnecessary files for peak PC performance.

I don't give a damn hearing about other people on NL as well as other forum, who hate/complain McAfee or Norton software. That means they don't bother to read the manual/instruction how to use it as their own responsibility or don't feel this does not benefit for them.

So far I never gotten virus attacks on my system for a long time as long as i keep my computer performance running smoothly via McAfee® Internet Security Suite with SiteAdvisor™  software as my monthly or weekly maintenance depend on how much I use my computer daily basis.
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by blacklion(m): 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2008
there is something known as HP bloat - google it

HP laptops are supposedly notorious for having all sort of superfluous software running all the time especially at start up and it makes booting up very slow

i had an HP pavilion dv9000 series which I replaced within a year of buying. Got a Toshiba instead. the HP would take 6-7 minutes just to boot up - it was extremely too slow

HP laptop has a lot of effizy but that's all i can say for it
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by flyuche(m): 11:45pm On Aug 30, 2008
@pennystruck. what's the spec of your system. lets start from there.
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by uspry1(f): 6:23am On Aug 31, 2008
Very interesting about HP bloat!

I bought my barebone NO-OS installed HP clone (no HDD, No Floppy disk, No CDRW drive). That's why my HP clone tower never SLOW DOWN at all!!! I have my own OS cd installing by myself plus disassembled all HDD, Floppy disk, CDRW drive from old tower case to new one assembled them!

My HP clone sys runs fine!
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by hayprof(m): 12:12pm On Aug 31, 2008
[center]Try Disabling Unwanted Pre-Installed HP Softwares/Application From StarUP[/center]

1) Click on the Start icon

2) Open Run {On vista Just type in the Auto search box} like in the Screenshot  wink

3)Type msconfig in the Run box  . . nd select OK

4) From there, you click on Startup

5) Click DISABLE ALL. .

[center]"RESTART YOUR PC TO SAVE CHANGES"[/center]

Yes, Don't worry . . All the resources your PC needs to boot up will Act on their Own, nd Your antivirus too  grin

Well, From your now your PC should Boot faster.  grin cool
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by ExInferis(m): 1:38pm On Aug 31, 2008
60% of the Hps that come these shores are inferior chinese made boxes. the tablet pcs heat up inexplicably, the casings are cheap misaligned plastics and the buttons and keys feel rubbery and cheap too. but then, most people cant tell.

look around in any technician's repair shop and you will see mounds of comatose Hps and Acers.

i should know; my friends import a lot of them.
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by Seun(m): 1:46pm On Aug 31, 2008
60% of the Hps that come these shores are inferior chinese made boxes.
Unless you have a contact in HP who has confirmed your tale, it is a baseless rumor.
Almost all modern laptops are made in Asia, including the ones that are sold in the USA.

If technicians' offices are full of HP laptops, it's because lots of people use them.
The same reason why most technician's offices are full of Windows PCs and not macs.
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by Seun(m): 1:50pm On Aug 31, 2008
Why are HP Pavillions or any other laptops slow?
Windows Vista and not enough RAM, of course.
If you're running Vista, you need 4gb. Windows XP: 1gb.
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by hayprof(m): 1:55pm On Aug 31, 2008
Abah! Seun angry I use Vista on my 1GB RAM nd there's no Complain,

Why 4GB . . grin
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by DualCore1: 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2008
Seun:

Why are HP Pavillions or any other laptops slow?
Windows Vista and not enough RAM, of course.
If you're running Vista, you need 4gb. Windows XP: 1gb.
d'uh!?!
Dude if the above requirements u just posted are minimum system requirements, don't ever touch a computer again, kai if i catch u! angry
Uspry delete dis guy post angry
i serious o grin grin
delete at ur own risk tongue tongue

Someone should try this, run Vista on 512MB RAM, then run that same Vista on 2gig RAM.
Check memory usage in both cases.
Memory usage ain't the same, its relative.
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by uspry1(f): 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2008
Dual Core:

Uspry delete this guy post angry
i serious o grin grin
delete at your own risk tongue tongue

Lol! Dual Core, u are very funny! I don't delete this guy that has not violated with NL rules! grin

Those ppl are so stubbornly try installing Vista on their older system with 512MB RAM that does not meet the Vista system requirement. There is lot of ppl out there clueless about the system requirement.

That's sad!!!
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by hayprof(m): 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2008
uspry1:

. . .There is lot of people out there clueless about the system requirement.

That's sad!!!

E.g: Seun grin cheesy
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by Holyrule(m): 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2008
Hmmm. I see! So specifical size of RAM is required for vista. undecided
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by Holyrule(m): 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2008
Hmmm. I see! So specifical size of RAM is required for vista. undecided
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by ExInferis(m): 11:52pm On Aug 31, 2008
Seun:

Unless you have a contact in HP who has confirmed your tale, it is a baseless rumor.
Almost all modern laptops are made in Asia, including the ones that are sold in the USA.

If technicians' offices are full of HP laptops, it's because lots of people use them.
The same reason why most technician's offices are full of Windows PCs and not macs.
no one is disputing that almost all are manufactured in asia, even apple computers, but in your haste you miss the keyword: INFERIOR chinese made. get a hp pavilion dv5000 and compare its build quality with the dv6000s of today and you will see my point.
Re: Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? by semid4lyfe(m): 12:55am On Sep 02, 2008
Hp pavilions come with lots of bloated softwares that run at startup.This makes d system start slowly but u can tweak it 2 be as fast as u want by disabling some things 4rm d startup menu and by using some powerful speed and performance enhancing softwares.
@Seun,na lie u talk o.4 vista, minimum reqmnt is 1Gb ram and 4 xp 256 ram.
@Ex inferins,these so called INFERIOR
dv6000 laptops and SUPERIOR dv5000 laptops were manufactured
in american owned & run factories in china under d same strict american supervision and standardization.My lappy is a dv6000 made in china and its faster than USAIN BOLT.
So,guy talk something else.

(1) (Reply)

Computer Virus List / Sleep Button On My Hp Laptop Not Showing Why? / Hp Pavilion Slimline Amd Phenom X3 Triple Core For Sale , I Need A Buyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.