Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? (2709 Views)

Maybe Slow Internet Isn't So Bad Afterall ? / Finally A Solution To Slow Internet Connection Speed In Nigeria / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? by neksummi(m): 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2012
I'm out of my base and I'll be away 'til September. But I must confess that my
online business is suffering 'cos of my inability to watch video trainings online
due to the slow internet connection where I am. Please is there any software or anything
that can make my connection faster.

I use airtel modem and at the moment I'm using etisalat line. I've used airtel line in the
past and the situation has not been different.

I'll appreciate your contributions please.
Thanks.
Re: I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? by mrkels(m): 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2012
Simple...Get a faster connection. Its not that expensive. And all those boost this and that won't work. Its logical
Re: I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? by neksummi(m): 7:18pm On Jul 08, 2012
mrkels: Simple...Get a faster connection. Its not that expensive. And all those boost this and that won't work. Its logical

What's the faster connection you're talking about? Using airtel in Abuja was very fast. But I'm now in Adamawa state not even in the state capital. And here airtel and every other network are slow. So what faster connection are you suggesting?
Re: I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? by legalwealth(m): 8:50pm On Jul 08, 2012
neksummi: I'm out of my base and I'll be away 'til September. But I must confess that my
online business is suffering 'cos of my inability to watch video trainings online
due to the slow internet connection where I am. Please is there any software or anything

I use airtel modem and at the moment I'm using etisalat line. I've used airtel line in the

Thanks.

I'm ready to give you the full step by step solution but you need to answer these questions;
1.What type of Airtel Modem are YOU using?
Is it their latest 3.5G ZTE modem or Huawei version?

2.I've you unlocked the Modem? I.e can it use any other SIM?

I'm expecting your reply ASAP..
Re: I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? by neksummi(m): 11:56am On Jul 09, 2012
legalwealth:

I'm ready to give you the full step by step solution but you need to answer these questions;
1.What type of Airtel Modem are YOU using?
Is it their latest 3.5G ZTE modem or Huawei version?

2.I've you unlocked the Modem? I.e can it use any other SIM?

I'm expecting your reply ASAP..

1. I use their latest 3.5G Huawei version.
2. I've unlocked the modem. I mentioned earlier that I'm using etisalat sim to browse no.

Waiting for the solution.
Re: I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? by drogba(m): 12:41pm On Jul 09, 2012
check the signal strength and if its on edge, switch to 3g
Re: I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? by neksummi(m): 1:18pm On Jul 09, 2012
drogba: check the signal strength and if its on edge, switch to 3g

It's on EDGE. How do I switch to 3G? I do see it changing by itself to
GSM/GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA/HSDPA(HSUPA. But How do I change to #G as you said?
Re: I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? by Murphy7h4: 2:37pm On Jul 09, 2012
Sounds good[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? by thinkbiz(m): 7:54pm On Jul 09, 2012
neksummi: I'm out of my base and I'll be away 'til September. But I must confess that my

Thanks.
is there no way you can download the course.use idm if they allow downloading of the video
Re: I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? by folafola(m): 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2012
From all indication there is 3G network there and that .is my joy aby way just go to your modem setting. And. Click. On prefernce and. Choose three. G only
Re: I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? by neksummi(m): 12:15am On Jul 10, 2012
thinkbiz: is there no way you can download the course.use idm if they allow downloading of the video
The video I'm talking about cannot be downloaded.

folafola: From all indication there is 3G network there and that .is my joy aby way just go to your modem setting. And. Click. On prefernce and. Choose three. G only
That's what airtel says. That their 3G covers the 36 states. I'm afraid I could locate "preference" you talked about. Let me tell you the features on my nodem.
At the very top I have File, Operation, Tools and Help.
Below them I have: Connection, Launch Internet, Statistics, Text, Manage Contacts, Airtel Menu and Help.

Which of these do I go to change settings to 3G?

Thanks for your contributions.
Re: I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? by Smooth278(m): 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2012
go to tools and check all for network
Re: I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? by minmini: 5:27am On Dec 16, 2014
neksummi:
I'm out of my base and I'll be away 'til September. But I must confess that my
Thanks.

A slow Internet connection could be caused by any number of reasons. It may be connection or traffic problem. To increase your internet speed use the following tips given below:
1.clear cookies from your browser
2.Delete unwanted files
3.PC Optimization:
It is important to clean your PC regularly. It means a normal maintenance tasks such as, cleaning the disks, registry repairs and Disk Derangement.
4.If you are using a DSL connection over your landline, make sure that you have high-quality filters in place to get optimum signal speed.
5.Upgrade your modem.
6.Use Updated browser.
7.Consult with your Internet service provider to ensure that your modem is configured correctly.
8.Replace your telephone modem with a fast-access connection such as wave, ISDN, DSL, satellite, a cable modem.
9.Tweak our router settings
10.Install Antivirus Software.
11.Reduce our bandwidth overhead
Still your internet speed is slow than, Contact your ISP and get a latest speed plan from them. Its better way to increase your speed
After, completing this steps, you can check our internet speed whether increase or not using this site ScanMySpeed.com

(1) (Reply)

Mint UK used HP zbook 15 For Sale / How To Update My Bios / Neat UK Used HP 15 - 8GB RAM, 1TB, Core i5, Touchscreen, 4hrs Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.