Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,025 members, 7,835,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Did Jesus Experience Failure? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Experience Failure? (2991 Views)

Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss / But Why Did Jesus Had To Die For Us...god Could Have Just Forgiven Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Experience Failure? by MissyB1(m): 5:38pm On Sep 03, 2008
Heheheheheh
It seems I have touched a naked wire.
This is the religion section so i refuse to do the mouth game here.

You simply ignored those talking to you and
took me up for size. . . Well its all good.

Bang your head on the wall as much as you want but I stil maintain ma stand that JC was never a failure.He never failed and until you give me REASONABLE quotes frm the bible to blive you(not your "Jesus wept quote"wink,I will remain where i stand.

PS:That you and I have diff opinion on this musn't give you the right to insult me.Maturity is having your opinion and not forcing other people to accept them.
Re: Did Jesus Experience Failure? by Bastage: 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2008
It seems I have touched a naked wire.

I would guess by your previous inflammatory language that this was your aim. Contrary to what you may believe, no you haven't.

Bang your head on the wall as much as you wantI stil maintain ma stand that JC was never a failure.He never failed and until you give me REASONABLE quotes frm the bible to blive you(not your "Jesus wept quote"wink,I will remain where i stand.

Yet again you misquote me. I stated earlier that there is a big difference between being a failure and being able to experience failure. I've opened my argument with a quote that explains it all. It's the shortest verse in the Bible. Understandable to a child.

PS:That you and I have diff opinion on this musn't give you the right to insult me.Maturity is having your opinion and not forcing other people to accept them.

Yet you would do the same to Olabowale? Who is the hypocrite here?
Re: Did Jesus Experience Failure? by MissyB1(m): 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2008
Bastage:

I would guess by your previous inflammatory language that this was your aim. Contrary to what you may believe, no you haven't.

Good to be aware of that.
Bastage:

Yet again you misquote me. I stated earlier that there is a big difference between being a failure and being able to experience failure. I've opened my argument with a quote that explains it all. It's the shortest verse in the Bible. Understandable to a child.

The only passage I saw you quoted from the bible is"Jesus wept"
and to the best of ma understanding,"Jesus wept" has got nuttin to
do with "Jesus failed" or is WEEP now a synonym for FAIL?
Bastage:

Bastage link=topic=166175.msg2750183#msg2750183 date=1220460405:

Yet you would do the same to Olabowale? Who is the hypocrite here?

Sorry dude ain't forcing Olabowale to accept or see things ma way.
He's a muslim and I have nu'n against that as long as he cleans up
his manners and stops throwing insults at christians and God.
I have NEVER attacked him on his religion nor try to
make him accept christ by force.Say the things you are sure of only.
Re: Did Jesus Experience Failure? by madamkoko: 6:25pm On Sep 03, 2008
The definition of failure is subjective.
Re: Did Jesus Experience Failure? by blackman2: 3:10pm On Jul 16, 2009
madam am good wen it come 2 sex.i will like 2 show u some of my skills.n if u really need it badly i can be of help.here is my phone num 08055746253or07040915914 call dis nums wen u need it .luv u all
Re: Did Jesus Experience Failure? by Horus(m): 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2009
Does anybody have biblical proof that Jesus failed?

Yes, of course, the bible is a failure.
Re: Did Jesus Experience Failure? by notalonetoday: 6:36am On Aug 21, 2017
I thought to share in response to the original question that birthed this thread a post I shared with a group of teenagers and young adults when one of them asked me the same question. I titled it:

EVEN JESUS FAILED…
#iRemember | Episode 268

Failure. That’s one thing we all DON’T want to have anything to do with. One of you—an undergraduate—did send me a message yesterday after seeing one of her test results. It wasn’t good. She’s writing the examination for the same course later this week. I know how she had struggled academically since her first year, but her question last night struck a chord that I thought I should rather share with all of us. In her own words: ”…what came to my mind is the fact that we have a high priest who knows so well, understands, and have been through our weaknesses. My question is this: DID HE EVER EXPERIENCE FAILURE?”

Perhaps you’ve wondered the same. Perhaps, you’ve even declared by faith in the lingo and voice of your faith teacher—whoever (s)he is—that ”My Jesus can never fail therefore, I CAN NEVER FAIL!”

Well, the thoughts I’m sharing with you today speaks to the contrary.

1. EVEN JESUS FAILED.
2. IT’S OKAY TO FAIL!

As soon as I read my friend’s message, the Holy Spirit gave me an on-the-spot answer.

After Jesus came out of the desert (full of the Holy Ghost and power), He was led to preach in Nazareth where he was unable to do many miracles because of their lack of faith (Matthew 13:58). But it got worse before it got better. He proceeded to preach in the synagogue and the result was even more terrible. He offended the people (Mark 6:3) so much by His sermon that they tried to push him off a cliff (Luke 4:14-30).

So, Jesus was unable to do many miracles, He offended the congregation, and angered the people into a riot that could have ended in murder. If that is not a failure, what is?

But zooming into the story, we can see why God would have Jesus preach such a provocative message to such an unreceptive audience. For one, God needed to prove Jesus through failure. Jesus, as a man, needed to know He could handle failure. Jesus, as the Son of God, needed to know His Father loved him whether people were healed or not (and they weren’t). In fact, before he did any miracle, God was already rending the heavens opened and speaking out His unconditional love for His Son, ”This is my Beloved Son in Whom I’m well pleased…” Jesus, as the Most High God, needed to feel what it was like to be human (of which failure is inevitably part of being human) so he could sympathize with us.” (Hebrews 4:15).

At the end of the day, the teaching skills of success fails when compared with how efficiently failure teaches! There are some lessons only failure can teach. If you want to mature, you need to fail. Jesus failed. So should we.

One of the remarks my wife has said to me most frequently is: ”You are so optimistic.” (Actually, she meant that ironically). She thinks I am very pessimistic—and rightly so. How? I try to not hope for the very best so that if things don’t turn out as I’d anticipated, I won’t be too disappointed.

But guess what, while that is a defense mechanism that could shield me from disappointments, the fact is that it can also become a trap and a stronghold that keeps me from taking risks and breaking me through into the limitlessness in God that He’s planned for my future. And the same applies to every single one of us.

In order to walk in confidence, we need to know that we are loved even when we fail. And the only way we can know that is to actually fail and see that we are still loved. Words are not enough. We must taste the cup of failure.

In a sequel to this post, I’ll share my response to another group member who also failed a course in her Masters Degree programme pointing out the fact that failure is not as shameful as we think—and you get to read of one of my recent failures as well in my ongoing masters degree.

For everyone writing an examination, I pray that God goes before you into every examination room you will sit in and search out a resting place for you. And great shall be your testimony when the results are out IJN.

Here’s a question to #askJesus2day:
"Jesus, how did You handle Your failure❓"

PRAYER
Lord, help me to squeeze the juice out of every failure that comes my way that I may become better equipped for the journey ahead IJN.

Amen!

josephkolawoleola

PS: #iRemember is a daily retrospective look into Chronicles of the past laden with life lessons. It is exclusive to members of Alive Mentorship Platform (only on whatsapp). The platform is basically for teenagers and young adults (25 and below) that, by God’s grace, I’m trying to pour into. If you will like to be a part, just send a whatsapp message to my whatsapp number: +447752398481 | hello@josephkolawole.org
Re: Did Jesus Experience Failure? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:18am On Aug 21, 2017
BELOVE! HOW CAN GOD FAIL? JESUS IS THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Not Be Yoked Together With Unbelievers / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Christ Is A Place / Christ Embassy Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.