Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,322 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 (6599 Views)

Cheapest Web Hosting Package With FREE .COM Domain / Get A Free .com Domain Name For 1year From Bigrock.in / VIP.com Domain Name Sold for $1.4 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by OluAbuja(m): 11:34am On Jun 30, 2006
Omotola's Domain Name Sold For $325,000

Wao! Somebody is selling Omotola's domain name for $325,000 at
https://www.buydomains.com/servlet/PrivateSale?page=contact&bd_order_id=7643076&key=yyxyfkQ8

My wife's name is also Omotola and in December 2003, i wanted to get a website for her but when i did a domain search, i discovered that our actress Omotola had taken the .com so i proceeded to register the .net for my wife.

Just this morning, i wanted to check the latest info on our dear Omotola at her website www.omotola.com but was shocked to discover that she had lost the domain name to domain traders.

The questions that came to my mind were?

1. Did she refuse to pay the renewal fee for the domain name?
2. Didn't her webmater tell her the possibility of loosing the domain name to domain traders?

I can't believe it that our own omotola could have made a mistake of loosing her domain name.

This is a big lesson to all of us.

Your comments are welcome
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by Seun(m): 11:58am On Jun 30, 2006
The webmaster in charge should be made to pay the cost of recovering that domain name from ICANN.
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by kazey(m): 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2006
Since its a name based domain, ICANN would release it to them.
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by Seun(m): 12:31pm On Jun 30, 2006
For more information about how Omotola Jalade can get her domain name back, visit:
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/resources/index.html
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by MerC2(f): 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2006
I have never seen anything more ridiculous, shocked
Nigerian celebrities really disappoint me.
I've not seen one of them who has an excellent website.
Even ma darling 2face, cry
Is it that it's expensive or what is the problem?
Websites are great for publicity and marketing and it seems like our
people don't understand that. Someone better tell them.
Omotola better get her domain name back o! shocked
( undecided and 2face shud get a website, I'd actually make one for him if I had all his stuff)

BLESS 2FACE! smiley
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by Orikinla(m): 1:45pm On Jun 30, 2006
No dummy will pay even $50,000 for that domain.
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by deoyel25(m): 2:28pm On Jun 30, 2006
Olu Abuja:

Omotola's Domain Name Sold For $325,000

You made the Topic title so hot. I met a different thing entirely
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by brushparke(m): 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2006
You are talking about omotola.Ha Ha.You won't believe how shocked i was when i realised that even genevieve lost her full name to traders.She had to settle with about genevieve.genevievennaji.com is gone to traders.it's all ignorance.
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by OluAbuja(m): 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2006
It is really a pity that she has lost this domain name.

This brings to fore the ignorance of our people (Including webmasters).

There is a lot of money to be made in registering and selling domain names
on the Internet.

Let me ask you a question, Do you have your own domain name?

Guys, maybe this is an opportunity for you to start making money from all these
our politicians since they are all now interested in becoming president in 2007.

You can set apart some money and start buying domain names of popular politicians,
bankers, actors, actresses, e.t. and by the time they will be waking up from
their sleep, you will be selling the domain names at high prices to them .

Another loop hole in domain name buying and selling is that there is no law in Nigeria
that regulates or punishes anybody who register's another person's name lipsrsealed

Can we then send a paper to the National Assembly on this issue. They are all still sleeping.

What do you think?
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by kazey(m): 6:59pm On Jun 30, 2006
Applicable Disputes. You are required to submit to a mandatory administrative proceeding in the event that a third party (a "complainant"wink asserts to the applicable Provider, in compliance with the Rules of Procedure, that

(i) your domain name is identical or confusingly similar to a trademark or service mark in which the complainant has rights; and

(ii) you have no rights or legitimate interests in respect of the domain name; and

(iii) your domain name has been registered and is being used in bad faith.

In the administrative proceeding, the complainant must prove that each of these three elements are present.

So is a name considered a trademark? Or in this case the name belong to just one person? Or it is being used in bad faith?
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by my2cents(m): 7:01pm On Jun 30, 2006
I can bet you that other than Omotola browsing the site and taking photos for the site, she knows nothing of the site, doesn't check emails, respond to emails, care about stats. In fact, if she even knew a thing about how to reserve a domain name/the fact that it expires after a while, make i naked baf for bafroom LOL. All she cared about was the the site look better than genevieve's, which the webmasters obliged by abusing the use of flash (they should be hung, but thatz a topic for another day wink).

Anywayz, that name was catchy though. Kind of like Genevieve's, I have had to do google searches ever since her old domain name went RIP. Itz a pity she lost it. Having said that, all is not lost. She can alwayz come up with an even catchier domain name.

As for the price: given her status in naija, and I am spking from an american point of view, $325K sounds dirt cheap. That name can never be forgotten. Considering it is a Nigerian name though, I doubt there will be any takers sha.

To the webmasters in naija: I am used to reserving my domain names here for 10 years at the least. Isn't this the case over there? If not, y not? Just asking. Even if she would have lost the name after 10 years, at least, by then she would have retired which means people would have probably forgotten about her anyway wink

My 2 cents as always
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by hotangel2(f): 7:08pm On Jun 30, 2006
Funny how when i made a Thread talking abt this, no one replied me.

I GUess next time, i'll Find a catching domain name.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that it's on sale for 325,000 DOLLARS!!! NOT EVEN NAIRA. Na yam??
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by lunafish(f): 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2006
OmoT's website is now www.omotola.tv

Mystery solved.
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by hotangel2(f): 10:11pm On Jun 30, 2006
lunafish:

OmoT's website is now www.omotola.tv

Mystery solved.

THANKS. it's still her name. And it's even better than the old one.
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by walebakry(m): 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2006
omotola.com only makes sense to those bearing omotola, and i dont think anyone can pay that much for that domain name.
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by Sandscape(m): 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2006
ha ha ha. Does Omotola own that much herself?
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by wanks(m): 11:31pm On Sep 03, 2006
leave her alone to manage her life
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by NetMaster(m): 1:41pm On Sep 10, 2006
Hello Guys,

Its not ridiculous that she is loosing that name. As a Professional Domainer, Let me state the following:

1. Once you register a name as a trade name, then no one has the right to register it.
2. Online Laws does not limit to Nigeria as it is global.
3. There is also the need for clients to own credit cards or payment solution to be able to register their domains if they are to secure it.
4. Problems like this results in two ways: The webmaster may slam a big price after the expiry of the first year or Omotola would not want to pay much to retain the site since she may not know the implication.
5. If you appraise that domain, it is not worth $1000. Reason: It is not a typo or generic domain nor will it yield money daily on monetization. Its not worth $0.10 on overture bid and it returns only 38,000 links on google.

The truth as a professional domainer, omotola.tv gives her the real trade identity and is far better than .com irrespective of content. I sold domains including myonlineoffice.biz for $5,000 because they are universal domains. They are used for two reasons: to be resold or to make money on it daily.

The National assembly is hogly helpless and cant do anything about this. What if it was registered by a non Nigerian. omototal coulod also mean a different thing elsewhere.

I have over 80 domain portfolio and if they are ready to sell it to me, they should appraise it and I will pay the worth. I bet you its worth nothing.

See real stuff about the above

http://www.henryomenogor.com
http://www.dnadmonetization.com
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by kellorah: 6:44pm On Apr 14, 2007
good for them
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by Afam(m): 10:33am On Apr 16, 2007
It's a shame that this is still happening today.

An article I wrote about 3 years ago seems to be relevant even today based on this - http://www.justwebservices.com/webdesignarticledomain.html
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by rufaai(m): 6:41pm On Apr 16, 2007
I think you people are still not updated

She had lost omotola.tv to domain traders again! too bad for her, she can't manage a domain name.

I think she should use FREE Subdomains like freeservers.com and pay for off adverts. Its better so she can't loose her site again.
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by goldenimp(m): 7:05pm On Apr 17, 2007
a pity
is she really really interested in a website or some people are just forcing it down on her.

tought nextdaysite.com was in charge of her website, how can such a company Bleep up like that?
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by niyyie(m): 8:04pm On Feb 17, 2008
www.omotola.tv is now working. The site looks so nice.
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2008
I don't think Omotola knows anything about domain names. i want to believe that the fault from the webmaster or whoever is in charge of omotola's website before a domain will expire your registrant or whatever domain company you use in registering the domain would have been notifying you when the domain is about to expire and that you should renew the domain and even when you fail to renew the domain it will still be in redemption period after which it will be release to the public then whoever is intrested can now go ahead and register the domain
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by heebakutty: 6:37am On Nov 23, 2011
did you appraised your domain omotola.com?? how did you fixed the price for your domain?? if you didnt get appraisal just get it from Zippozap and check the price of your domain before you sell it,
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by makvanpor(m): 11:49am On Feb 11, 2012
That price is to much for just a domain name,
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by ereabd: 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
makvanpor: That price is to much for just a domain name,

Dictionary One Word Domain -Selling too low price! comical.info

BIN: $105

Payment via PayPal and Dynadot free push!

Dailynewssite.com

EstiBot Value: $1,600

Note: Selling for urgent money, these low price offer for only 24 hours
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by ereabd: 3:13pm On Jun 07, 2013
Dictionary One Word Domain -Selling too low price! comical.info

Dailynewssite.com

EstiBot Value: $1,600

Note: Selling for urgent money, these low price offer for only 24 hours
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by GIDNUS(m): 12:26am On Jul 08, 2013
Re: Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 08, 2013
hot-angel:

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that it's on sale for 325,000 DOLLARS!!! NOT EVEN NAIRA. Na yam??
Who pays such an amount for a crappy domain name? Even facebook.com was sold to MZ at USD200k
mtschewww. . .

(1) (Reply)

5 SEO Tools To Improve Your Website Rankings In 2018 / NAFDAC Official Website Hacked Again! / Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.