Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh (3220 Views)

Unbelievable! Read How Much Politicians Get For Visiting Aso Rock / VIDEO: Politicians Get VIOLENT At National Assembly!! (throwback!!) / Ekiti Teachers Get N144m Vehicle, Housing Loans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by mekk(m): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Too much talk! Nothing is changing in that country Nigeria! Everyday complain, everyday complain! No action! Tomorrow, the hooligans in Abuja will increase their own pay by another 100% and decrease the pay for police, teachers, and doctors. And NOTHING will happen!

The unfortunate souls trapped in the geographic space referred to as Nigeria are:
1. Timid
2. Divided
3. Largely illiterate
4. Have no zeal to fight
5. Enjoy wallowing in self-pity

If the unfortunate souls keep complaining from now till Jesus Christ comes, nothing will happen, unless they stop complaining and start taking some serious actions. When they overcome their deficiencies outlined above, then they can storm Abuja and take-off the heads of those tyrannical kleptomaniacs that have sentenced them to live in perpetual penury!

They should be:
1. Bold
2. United
3. Educate themselves (especially on what governance is all about)
4. Be ready and willing to fight, and
5. Stop wallowing in self pity

They should organize a Six Million Man March (of course including women) to Abuja, and read those treacherous, leprous, malodorous and lecherous pigs in Abuja the riot act! All options must be on the table, including but not limited to: large-scale civil disobedience, taking over the National Assembly Complex, blocking all major roads in Abuja, etc.

Until they can do this
(or something similar), they should spare us the cries and shut the hell up!!!

Nonsense!!!

you've trully made sense in a way.but when I looked @your location it says "somalia." i thought to my self: this guy has no business criticizing Nigeria the way he did cos your country(according to profile)is in no way better off in contrast to NIgeria.talking about peace and tranquility,even much more.
so just chill man.help your country put its house and goverment in order.then and only then you may be justified to critizice others.
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by carmelily: 3:21pm On Sep 08, 2008
Is Richyblack Somalian?
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by hilli666(m): 3:56pm On Sep 08, 2008
Was it not the teachers that taught these children, who later grew up to become currupt politicians? Next time teachers should in-still better priciple in their pupils then we wouldnt has this mess.
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by bawomolo(m): 3:59pm On Sep 08, 2008
hilli666:

Was it not the teachers that taught these children, who later grew up to become currupt politicians? Next time teachers should in-still better priciple in their pupils then we wouldnt has this mess.

i guess their parents and peer group should be left off the hook. blame it all on teachers as if teaching moral values is also their jobs.
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by hilli666(m): 8:04pm On Sep 08, 2008
bawomolo:

i guess their parents and peer group should be left off the hook. blame it all on teachers as if teaching moral values is also their jobs.

Well I dont see the parents campaingning for a 27% raise from the government, and yes teaching moral values is also a primary responsibilty of teacher. Considering that students spend in excess of 40hrs or more with school and around teachers.
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by isaco(m): 4:14am On Sep 09, 2008
for how long are we going to be expecting pay rise from employer or government? l don't blame the unconcerned and corrupt leader.

we have to learn how to be self employed like l do. l don't care about any pay rise or pay down. let us wake up from our slumber.

yemmy2k@gmail.com
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by skyranger: 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2008
yar'adu & gooluck were once teachers, grin
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by XKZ(m): 6:26pm On Sep 13, 2008
skyranger:

yar'adu & gooluck were once teachers, grin

Then they discovered on which side of the nigerian (agege) bread is buttered.
Having found their promised land they turned on their ex-colleagues, told them to go find their's and banged the gates in their faces.
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by XKZ(m): 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2008
mekk:

you've trully made sense in a way.but when I looked @your location it says "somalia." i thought to my self: this guy has no business criticizing Nigeria the way he did because your country(according to profile)is in no way better off in contrast to NIgeria.talking about peace and tranquility,even much more.
so just chill man.help your country put its house and goverment in order.then and only then you may be justified to critizice others.
He's offering us the recipe that got somalia in the sh.it it is in.
But like you said he made sense; a lot of sense.
Maybe if we reviewed the ingredients; a little less pepper and more honey,
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by A40(m): 2:33am On Sep 17, 2008
Politics as usual what do you people expect.Civil Service can be a bitch sometimes minimum wage is a cage

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year / Worker's Strike And Its Effect On The Growth Of The Nigeria / Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.