Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,125 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola (3213 Views)

Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng / Presidency Probes Death Of Tortured Inmate Over Patience Jonathan’s $3m / CNN Investigates Why Buhari Dumped $182 Halliburton Bribe Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 11, 2012

A new twist has been added to the festering controversy over allegations that the Chairman, House of Representatives ad-hoc committee on fuel subsidy probe, Farouk Lawan demanded a $3 million bribe from the chairman, African Petroleum, Mr Femi Otedola as the embattled lawmaker released documents indicting the oil magnate as the one who indeed induced and gave the bribe.
The documents confirmed that the controversial $600,000 bribe was offered to Lawan and secretary to his committee, Boniface Emenalor by Otedola on April 24,that is, six days after the panel submitted its report to the whole House on April 18, 2012. The documents which were leaked today by Lawan’s defence team also confirmed that the probe panel chairman reported and handed over the slush fund to the Chairman of the House Committee on Drugs, Narcotics and Financial Crimes, Jagaba Adams Jagaba same day, with handwritten covering notes explaining all that transpired between them and Otedola.

Other documents obtained by ireports-ng.com also revealed that based on an alert raised by Lawan in an interview granted Abuja based Leadership newspaper, the police had since begun a discreet investigation into the bribery allegation raised by Lawan.

A hand-written memo allegedly given to Jagaba with the April 24 date and timed 3.47am says: “You may please recall that I intimated you of the persistence of Mr. Femi Otedola, Chairman Forte Oil, Zenon Oil and AP Petroleum to offer monetary inducement to influence the outcome and Consolidation of the report of the Ad Hoc Committee on Petroleum Subsidy.

Attached is the sum of five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000) only offered to me with another promise of two million, five hundred thousand dollar ($2.5m). I had considered bringing this issue as a matter of privilege on the floor of the House later today when the House sits, but I am concerned the controversy it will generate will dwarf the content of the report which needs public attention so that the necessary reforms in the sector could be effected.

“I however believe that given the desperation of Mr. Otedola, handling this matter in a furious but diplomatic manner is necessary as he has also made some vested threats which put me and members of my Committee in a delicate situation.

“While reporting this matter to you and hoping that appropriate action will be taken, we shall continue to monitor him and if further offers are made, we shall duly handover to your committee.”

Similarly, the Secretary to the Ad Hoc Committee, Boniface Emenalo, in his own memo to Jagaba dated April 24
said: “My earlier report/discussion with you on the above subject matter and your directives refers.

“I wish to inform you that I was on his invitation, at the residence of their(Zenon Oil and Gas, AP, Forte) Chairman, Mr. Femi Otedola in Maitama, ( Aso Drive ) this morning and he offered me the sum of One Hundred Thousand US Dollars in two bundles of $50,000 each. The money is hereby forwarded as evidence.

“Please find attached the exhibit for onward transmission to the relevant Committee and Leadership.”

Part of the documents obtained by ireports-ng.com in Abuja today also indicate that the Inspector General of Police had since May 9, 2012 set up a team headed by a Commissioner of Police, Ali Amodu, to investigate the bribery allegations made in the newspaper interview by Lawan. The correspondences between the police team and Lawan as well as the speaker of the House, Aminu Tambuwal confirmed this.

With the latest documents, the nation will only need to rely on the outcome of a thorough forensic investigation to determine whose words to believe between the two parties.

Source

The elders say "an animal is chasing me" is not what you'd expect to hear from a hunter.
Getting murkier by the minute.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Beaf: 11:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
This is one of the silliest articles I've ever read. So Farouks bullet proof "evidence" is a set of hand written letters which Farouk and his gang members probably wrote yesterday or this morning and sent to themselves?

Shame on you OP.

Anyway, its the season of intellectual comedy! grin

1 Like

Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Clerverly: 11:37pm On Jun 11, 2012
I said it. However lets hear from Beaf sorry omri... I can see he is veiwing the latest.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
Beaf: This is one of the silliest articles I've ever read. So Farouks bullet proof "evidence" is a set of hand written letters which Farouk and his gang members probably wrote yesterday or this morning?

Shame on you OP.

Other documents obtained by ireports-ng.com also revealed that based on an alert raised by Lawan in an interview granted Abuja based Leadership newspaper, the police had since begun a discreet investigation into the bribery allegation raised by Lawan.

grin grin grin grin grin
Let the chips fall where they may, comrade.

Surely even you will agree that all we have at the minute is a collabo between Otedola and the SSS, since the EFCC appears to vacant on the issue of a video link grin

Just to set the records straight once more, my view remains that Lawan needs to stew if found culpable, on the proviso that the bribe-giver also gets taken down.
Fair enough don't you think tongue
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Clerverly: 11:46pm On Jun 11, 2012
..... with handwritten covering notes explaining all that transpired between them and Otedola Please Remi sorry beaf can u go back to school?
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Beaf: 11:49pm On Jun 11, 2012
eGuerrilla:

grin grin grin grin grin
Let the chips fall where they may, comrade.

Surely even you will agree that all we have at the minute is a collabo between Otedola and the SSS, since the EFCC appears to vacant on the issue of a video link grin

Just to set the records straight once more, my view remains that Lawan needs to stew if found culpable, on the proviso that the bribe-giver also gets taken down.
Fair enough don't you think tongue

You seem a tad desperate and pitiable in your silly campaign for Farouk, bro.
When did letters handwritten to oneself (by all indications, after the event) become evidence even for the impaired in a bribery case?

Anyway, like I noted, its the season for intellectual comedy. Nutin do you! Lol!
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
Beaf:

You seem a tad desperate and pitiable in your silly campaign for Farouk, bro.
When did letters handwritten to oneself (by all indications, after the event) become evidence even for the impaired in a bribery case?

Anyway, like I noted, its the season for intellectual comedy. Nutin do you! Lol!

I am not fielding for Lawan, I am only making you work harder to earn your keep.
You are the one who has chosen to launder the image of undesirable characters on these boards not me, so you can go ahead and burst a vein for all I care grin
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Beaf: 12:11am On Jun 12, 2012
eGuerrilla:

I am not fielding for Lawan, I am only making you work harder to earn your keep.
You are the one who has chosen to launder the image of undesirable characters on these boards not me, so you can go ahead and burst a vein for all I care grin

It seems clear that you are the one working for his keep here; slyly fielding for the crooks and criminals like Farouk Lawan who make the average Nigerians life a misery, while posing as saints.

May God punish demons like you.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Clerverly: 12:16am On Jun 12, 2012
[quote author=Beaf]

It seems clear that you are the one working for his keep here; slyly fielding for the crooks and criminals like Farouk Lawan who make the average Nigerians life a misery, while posing as saints.

May God punish demons like you.[/ ;Dquote] Remi go and get a life, we know you!!
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Beaf: 12:18am On Jun 12, 2012
--Beaf ignores a fool--
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Abagworo(m): 12:21am On Jun 12, 2012
Otedola is in hot soup.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by naijaking1: 12:22am On Jun 12, 2012
Oga Op, nice try though.
Call me when you have 'evidence' to show that Lawan and his gang was abducted, kiddnapped, stolen, forced, or some how made to go to Odetola's house against their own will, despite the committee's instruction that no member make any contact with those being investigated. The st.pi,d Lawan could have at least sent his wife, driver, or mai-guardi or something, he went there HIMSELF!!!!!!!!
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 12, 2012
Beaf:

May God punish demons like you.

Invoking curses is a tad unbecoming, don't you think?
Then again, it betrays a certain level of desperation I suppose.

This is the last time I am going to respond to you directly on this thread, as I know too well that your MO is to besmirch and assassinate NLers, bringing them down to your level of maggot-infested filth.
Your pretty limited bag of tricks is not enough to make me change course, so stick to the disparaging the article in focus.

I pray the G.O.D favours you, once you've given up a life of trickery and conceit. Do I get an Amen? grin

1 Like

Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 12, 2012
“I wish to inform you that I was on his invitation, at the residence of their(Zenon Oil and Gas, AP, Forte) Chairman, Mr. Femi Otedola in Maitama, ( Aso Drive ) this morning and he offered me the sum of One Hundred Thousand US Dollars in two bundles of $50,000 each. The money is hereby forwarded as evidence.

naijaking1: Oga Op, nice try though.
Call me when you have 'evidence' to show that Lawan and his gang was abducted, kiddnapped, stolen, forced, or some how made to go to Odetola's house against their own will, despite the committee's instruction that no member make any contact with those being investigated. The st.pi,d Lawan could have at least sent his wife, driver, or mai-guardi or something, he went there HIMSELF!!!!!!!!

Seconded,

I dey laff, who are this idiotas kidding?
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 12, 2012
Police to Lawan: surrender $600,000 bribe cash
[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=farouk_lawan__NEW_798131551.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]
Rep vows not to release ‘evidence of bribe’

THE police have stepped into the cash-for-clearance controversy rocking the House of Representatives.

House member Farouk Lawan is accused of collecting $600,000 bribe from businessman Femi Otedola.

The lawmaker, chairman of the House Committee which probed the fuel subsidy scandal, insists that he reported to a House official that he got cash from the businessman who, he said, wanted his company’s name removed from the list of those who collected money from the Federal Government but imported no products.

But, Otedola maintains that he was blackmailed into parting with the cash and that he told security agencies who, in fact, gave him the dollar bills that Lawan got.
The police have directed Lawan to surrender the “marked” cash. The lawmaker insists he will not because, according to him, it is the only proof he has that he rejected a bribe from Otedola.

Inspector-General of Police M. D. Abubakar has asked a Special Task Force(STF), headed by a Commissioner of Police, Ali Amodu, to examine the issue.

The STF began investigation on May 9, but the police have been having difficulties in retrieving the cash from Lawan.

The Nation yesterday stumbled on some documents, including details of the interaction between the police and Lawan.

In a May 9 memo to Lawan, entitled “Re: Criminal Conspiracy and Attempt to Offer Gratification to Pervert the Course of Justice”, Amodu said: “Consequent upon the publication in the Leadership newspaper of Saturday 28/04/2012 captioned ‘Marketers offered subsidy committee plane load of dollars’, the IGP directed a discreet investigation into the matter.

“The Task Force on the investigation will require meeting with you to assist them in the ongoing investigation at your earliest convenience. Your cooperation will be highly appreciated, please.”

In a follow-up letter to Lawan on May 16, (Re: Criminal conspiracy and attempt to offer gratification to pervert the course of justice), CP Ali said: “Further to my letter dated 9th May, 2012 in respect of the above subject matter, and the recent meeting you held with DCP Peace Abdallah, you are requested to avail this office with the following requests:
Monetary exhibit; Names of the vital witness; and any other material evidence that may be of use to this investigation. Your usual co-operation would be highly appreciated. Accept the best wishes of the Inspector-General of Police please.”
But Lawan, in his response on May 31 (Re: Criminal Conspiracy and Attempt to Offer Gratification to Pervert the Course of Justice) said: “I refer to your letter of 16th May, 2012, and wish to inform you that as DCP Peace Abdallah was briefed, the subject matter was referred to the relevant Committee of the House of Representatives for further legislative action. You shall be availed of the outcome in due course.”

Ali replied Lawan on June 4, in a memo which was entitled “Investigation activities: Letter of invitation in a case of criminal conspiracy and attempt to pervert the course of justice by offering gratification.”

The letter said: “I refer to a letter dated 31st May, 2012 addressed to this office by Hon. Farouk Lawan, the Chairman of House of Representatives Ad-hoc Committee on the Monitoring of the Subsidy Regime on the above subject matter (copy attached) and to inform you that the Inspector General of Police has directed a detailed criminal investigation into the matter.

“Consequently, the Hon. Speaker is requested to ask the Chairman, Hon. Farouk Lawan and the Secretary of the Committee to have a meeting with the under-signed on Thursday 7th June, 2012 at 100hrs at Force Headquarters, Room I.D 068, First Floor, Louis Edet House, Abuja .

“This is to enable detectives to conduct further investigation into the matter.
“While awaiting the Hon. Speaker’s kind consideration of this request, do accept the assurances and esteemed regards of the Inspector- General of Police, please.”
A highly-placed source said: The butt of the investigation has been on the retrieval of the bribe sum from Lawan by the police. I think some people are planning to relieve him of the evidence in his possession.

“But it was alleged by Otedola that the SSS gave out the money for a sting operation. Why are the police worried about the bribe sum?

“Lawan is prepared to lay the bribe sum only before a court. He does not want his evidence tampered with.
“In the last few days, Lawan has been receiving threat messages from some quarters. And for him to release the evidence he will rely in court to prove his case will amount to suicide. Why are they not disturbing the bribe giver?”

The decision by the House leadership to get to the root of the allegation may, however, slow down the police investigation

According to the documents obtained by our correspondent, the bribe was actually offered on April 24.

Some of the documents contain the transcripts of calls between Farouk and Otedola during the sitting of the committee.

In a hand-written memo to the Chairman of the House Committee on Drugs, Narcotics and Financial Crimes, Adams Jagaba, which is dated April 24 and timed 3.47am, Lawan gave details of what he said transpired between him and Otedola.

The memo said: “You may please recall that I intimated you of the persistence of Mr. Femi Otedola, Chairman Forte Oil, Zenon Oil and AP Petroleum to offer monetary inducement to influence the outcome and Consolidation of the report of the Ad Hoc Committee on Petroleum Subsidy.

“Attached is the sum of five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000) only offered to me with another promise of two million, five hundred thousand dollar ($2.5m). I had considered bringing this issue as a matter of privilege on the floor of the House later today when the House sits, but I am concerned the controversy it will generate will dwarf the content of the report which needs public attention so that the necessary reforms in the sector could be effected.

“I however believe that given the desperation of Mr. Otedola, handling this matter in a furious but diplomatic manner is necessary as he has also made some vested threats which put me and members of my Committee in a delicate situation.

“While reporting this matter to you and hoping that appropriate action will be taken, we shall continue to monitor him and if further offers are made, we shall duly handover to your committee.”

The Secretary to the Ad Hoc Committee, Mr. B. C. Emenalo, who also wrote a memo to Lawan on April 24, explained his encounter with Otedola.
The memo, entitled “Consistent Pressure to Compromise by Managing Director and Chairman, Zenon Oil and Gas, AP and Forte”, reads: “My earlier report/discussion with you on the above subject matter and your directives refer.

“I wish to inform you that I was on his invitation, at the residence of their(Zenon Oil and Gas, AP, Forte) Chairman, Mr. Femi Otedola in Maitama, (Aso Drive) this morning and he offered me the sum of One hundred thousand US dollars in two bundles of $50,000 each. The money is hereby forwarded as evidence.
“Please find attached the exhibit for onward transmission to the relevant Committee and Leadership.”

[b]According to sources, although Lawan was allegedly tricked to collect the money at about 3.47am, he sensed the danger and decided to alert Jagaba.

A source said: “On the day the bribe was offered, Lawan left a meeting at about 2.30am but he saw over 50 missed calls from Otedola and became curious on why the oil baron wanted him. He insisted that Lawan must come to his house and they met at about 3.47am.

“Nigerians will hear what they have never heard before on this matter. Let them go to court so that there won’t be any cover-up.
“Let them also play the tape, provided they have not edited it. Nigerians will be able to know the true story.”
Responding to a question, the source said: “Lawan had wanted to raise the alarm on the floor of the House but he was prevailed upon by some members not to do so.
“Actually, there was a division on whether to bring it up immediately or not. But Lawan notified the Representatives and principal members of the House. They asked him to stay action.
“When he could not withstand it, Lawan decided to grant an interview to Leadership newspaper to alert the nation.”
The police investigation of the bribery allegation is said to be at the prompting of some forces in the Presidency
.[/b]

The House member, insisting on his integrity, released some documents yesterday. One of them shows that the embattled Chairman of the House Ad Hoc Committee on Fuel Subsidy Regime was offered the bribe by Otedola, Chairman of Forte Oil, on April 24 - barely six days after the submission of the panel’s report.
The panel submitted its report on April 18, 2012.

But Lawan actually reported and handed over the controversial $600,000 bribe to the Chairman of the House Committee on Drugs, Narcotics and Financial Crimes, Mr. Adams Jagaba the day it was offered, according to a letter Lawan wrote.

More smoke and mirrors.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by ifihearam: 1:14am On Jun 12, 2012
Farouk and Otedola. Who una want make we believe now na

Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by musiwa48: 1:21am On Jun 12, 2012
Mumu even a fool know that Farouk Lawan accusation figures look falsefied..

With the figure he was putting out, everybody knew that figures were falsfied and it look that there is ethnics hate involve in who was accused. This is one of the major problem with Nigeria and nigerian, ethnics hate is the reason most people make accusation, even govt policy and even the nigeria police... Even nigeria police commissioner falsely accuse innocent people of wrong doing because of hate or racism.

So you can see why I always said break up Nigeria. It can not stop because the ethnics hate started more than 98 years ago when britain created nigeria and it will not stop.

This is why I have said over and over again to break up to avoid a civil war.

This is basically what the Yorubas got, 1 faculty university, 2 of them, for nearly 50 years, why ethnics hate..

You most understand that 95% of Nigeria govt officer or police decision are based on ethnics hate. This is one of the major problem nigeria have.

Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Beaf: 1:21am On Jun 12, 2012
eGuerrilla:

Invoking curses is a tad unbecoming, don't you think?
Then again, it betrays a certain level of desperation I suppose.

This is the last time I am going to respond to you directly on this thread, as I know too well that your MO is to besmirch and assassinate NLers, bringing them down to your level of maggot-infested filth.
Your pretty limited bag of tricks is not enough to make me change course, so stick to the disparaging the article in focus.

I pray the G.O.D favours you, once you've given up a life of trickery and conceit. Do I get an Amen? grin

Lol! The usual response of a moral and intellectual cadavar. Because, your weak argument is a collection of indefensibly mentally marooned tripe straight out of Satans arse, you attempted to cast aspersions on me and failed.
May God punish those of you devils who are twisting the truth on behalf of thieves and murderers.

It takes a special kind to post notes a criminal has written himself as "evidence." But lets be reminded once again, that its the season for intellectual comedy.

The joke is on you.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by musiwa48: 1:26am On Jun 12, 2012
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by musiwa48: 1:30am On Jun 12, 2012
I think Farouk Lawan will be a very good candidate for the governor of Kano state.. which I read in the newspaper is interested in.. he as shown he can fight for his people. I think i read too sanusi is also interested in that position.

If otedola claim he demand money from him, i dont think Otedola would lie about that. That is how nigeria is.. They collect bribe.. even in the open..

The senate or house of rep have show irresponsibility, that jonathan goodluck even play games with them by putting opara university in his bill and nobody question it. It show they are not reliable or dont check fact.

the issue is the people of Nigeria are saying they dont want to be together and the international community or britain can not force us to be together. If they do, millions of people will get cut in a civil war..

If the international community listen to Jonathan goodluck or the senate or govt, millions of people are going to die. They are more interested in themself and their personal greed to make money. This is the main problem we have.

Look Nigeria have had issues for years , the satellite pictures makes it clear and open.

Look there is no way.. the far north can win an election in Nigeria. And this is one the reason. so there is a need to protect majority of Nigeria. I dont care if they are fulani or hausa, or igbos , it is more important to avoid civil war.

they all have internet at home and see the satellite pictures, even the IGP of police have internet in his house and they are all seen the satellite pictures and they also know the implication of the satellite pictures to the lifes of the people.

Have you seen any one of them bring up the issue. It show they are all power hungry people. Who do not care for the people. Most are more interested in themself and dont care for the people.

Look one of the main reason the far north as had problem as been the fact that abuja collect all taxes.. And instead of changing the law to make the state collect the taxes... they have refuse to change. How do they expect their own people to develop in their own state of kano or borno.. when they send their nepa bill to jonathan in abuja and he send it to bayelsa state..

Dont they sound stupid.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by wesley80(m): 2:38am On Jun 12, 2012
What part(s) of the "freshly released documents" explains why Otedola's company was exonerated immediately after the payment? This is so lame.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by jmaine: 3:03am On Jun 12, 2012
Lawan attempt at countering his allegation gets funnier by the day grin . .First,he dismissed the video evidence indicting him, as a caricature of him . .now this grin . . . .
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by nduchucks: 3:04am On Jun 12, 2012
Both Farouk and Odetola are in deep crap. One thing is certain, Odetola and his company have a case to answer by virtue of the fact that he and his company were named in the Oil Subsidy theft report. Given what we know so far, Farouk will not serve a single day in prison.

The government is not equipped enough to deal with the fuel subsidy rogues because none of those thieves will go down without pulling other powerful thieves with him/her. The whole affair would be too messy.

I'd offer each of the named parties a fine (buy out)at a minimum, without jail term. This way, we would at least, raise another One Trillion Naira so that the government can pay salaries promptly for 3 - 4 months. Alternatively, lawyers go chop both government money and thief money in consulting and legal fees. cheesy

But Lawan actually reported and handed over the controversial $600,000 bribe to the Chairman of the House Committee on Drugs, Narcotics and Financial Crimes, Mr. Adams Jagaba the day it was offered, according to a letter Lawan wrote.

What is the matter with this dumb Farouk, why make things too obvious? Couldn't he have found some Committee Chairman named Opara or Atanda to do the do? smiley
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Beaf: 3:22am On Jun 12, 2012
^
Sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap dia!
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 3:29am On Jun 12, 2012
wesley80: What part(s) of the "freshly released documents" explains why Otedola's company was exonerated immediately after the payment? This is so lame.

I think you will find that Zenon Pet and Gas limited was not actually exonerated as you think.
Final Subsidy Report

Otedola has a track record of chicanery and appears to have gone to some length in his attempt to get Zenon exempted from the final report.
Allow the chips to fall on the side of probity is all we ask - take Lawan down by all means if he is proven guilty, but make sure Otedola and the rest of his cronies also face the full weight of the law.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by sheyguy: 6:13am On Jun 12, 2012
This thing is really getting messier by the day.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 12, 2012
Otedola offered bribe angry what was his aim? Isn't that a proof that he wanted to also discredit the committee to thwart the success of the process? Lawan seemed to have some shady plans too! May all these men born to ashes!! This old generation go finish dis country before we know wetin dey happen angry
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 12, 2012
ndu_chucks: Both Farouk and Odetola are in deep crap. One thing is certain, Odetola and his company have a case to answer by virtue of the fact that he and his company were named in the Oil Subsidy theft report. Given what we know so far, Farouk will not serve a single day in prison.

The government is not equipped enough to deal with the fuel subsidy rogues because none of those thieves will go down without pulling other powerful thieves with him/her. The whole affair would be too messy.

I'd offer each of the named parties a fine (buy out)at a minimum, without jail term. This way, we would at least, raise another One Trillion Naira so that the government can pay salaries promptly for 3 - 4 months. Alternatively, lawyers go chop both government money and thief money in consulting and legal fees. cheesy

What is the matter with this dumb Farouk, why make things too obvious? Couldn't he have found some Committee Chairman named Opara or Atanda to do the do? smiley

wetin u dey sef? Mtcheew angry
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 12, 2012
He told newsmen that the House Committee on Financial Crimes was aware of the matter and also the police whose investigation had already reached an advanced stage.

Lawan also disclosed that the clerk of the committee, Bernard Emenalo, had in a letter written to him on April 24, 2012, said Otedola also offered him $100,000.

Emenalo’s letter, which he exhibited to newsmen, stated: “I wish to inform you that I was on his invitation at the residence of their Chairman, Mr. Femi Otedola, in Maitama (Aso Drive) this morning and he offered me the sum of $100,000 in two bundles of $50,000 each. The money is hereby forwarded as evidence.”

But Lawan, however, said that both he and Emenalo did not solicit for the money but that it was Otedola who was mounting pressures, while issuing a veiled threat when what he wanted was not done.

Report said that Lawan was last night invited by the police in Abuja for interrogation.

However, it could not be confirmed whether he had honoured the invitation as at the time of going to press.
Full Article

As we approach the end game...
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by FrankC3: 8:34am On Jun 12, 2012
Some of the questions FL is avoiding:
When did the house leadership get wind of this? Or am i sensing some attempts to exonerate Tambuwal?
If somebody attempt to corrupt you in the course of your assignment, is it not more preferable to report such to the Speaker and not some committee chairman?
Is he now accepting that the video is no more a caricature of himself but actually him (FL) but when he was conducting 'sting operation' with Adams?
If he collected the money as evidence, who is in the best position to know how to manage evidence to avoid contamination(finger print erasing, etc)?
This guy is sounding funnier!!

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Emilo(m): 9:17am On Jun 12, 2012
Nigeria is just too f.u.cked up!! I wish the military guys can just put their asses together, stage a coup, gather all these hopeless so called leaders and their families, extinguish everyone of them with AK-47 and churn their flesh with acid. Pick the remainants and preserve them in cellophane bags for archives.

Next, split the country as someone has rightly said on this tread..........If Nigerians would give me the mandate, i would so grateful oblige to carry out this assignment...... grin tongue
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by doctokwus: 9:33am On Jun 12, 2012
My take:Otedola wt his companies were complicit in d fuel subsidy scam,he got pissed @y Lawan & his committee shd try to meddle in sth dat has bn ongoing,futher pissed by d inclusion of his company in d initial report;wanted to both kill d report& also nail lawan,offers d bribe money in a set up.Lawan sees an avenue,like d typical nigerian politician to make some fast millions while kping some part of d report untainted,falls for d bait,collects part payment while waiting for d rest.Suddenly d scheme is exposed by Otedola who tinks its a done straightforward exposee wt video evidence to boot,but doesn't reckon dat Lawan is an old fox,d latter now formulates his own,clearly backdated story to rope Otedola.Its d story of 2 thieves trying to outfox each other

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles / Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama / Truck With “huge Photo Of bosoms’’ Causes Hundreds Of Car Accidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.