Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,365 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? (2367 Views)

Opinion: Should Nairaland Reward Its Members? / Should Nairaland Make Use Of Partisan Moderators? / Should Nairaland Be By Invitation/application Only? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by kajad(m): 5:02pm On Jun 30, 2006
In African tradition age is respected, and everyone is expected to show respect to persons older than him or her.

I have noticed that Nairaland have people of varying age brackets. Many times the young ones try to enjoy ‘senior jokes’ even on threads they do not understand what is being talked about; at other times the older ones feel insulted by the contributions of the young ones.

If you‘ve also noticed, some teenagers have started or have had threads started to talk about their behavior. The strong language used by some of these people in their reaction will pass out a chicken hearted person.

My question is should Nairaland be broken into senior and junior chambers or is there another way to make peace amongst the age brackets?
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by jgirl3: 5:33pm On Jun 30, 2006
kajad, respect is given to whom respect is due.

that statement says it all. If the older people could learn to accept the younger people and not behave like them, maybe there will be peace. Imagine when older people open up threads to diss younger members, where is the respect they are asking for? Age has nothing to do with maturity. Nothing at all.
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by diddy4(m): 5:51pm On Jun 30, 2006
i believe respect is reciprocal. if you don't respect yourself, i will not give you an atom of respect. you people claim to be mature shey, i see. why den do you mature ones go about opening threads about teenagers and yapping about their behavior? is their no other way of doing this? can't you email them or send them an offline?

do you really think that being above 21 makes you mature? do you really think that saying something insulting to a teenager and when he or she replies back with a diss you complain you make a thread is mature? do you think that the strong language used by the people you call teenagers are used if they are not pissed? do you really think that everyone is ready to ignore your offensive comment so the person will appear mature? do you think that everyone has the same tolerance as you?

now let me say this here. everyone has different character and you do not expect everyone to behave alike. if you can't contain somebody, either tell the person in a mature way or you shut up and not make an ass of yourself by opening a thread about 'em. you say teenagers this, teenagers that, were you not ones a teenager? did you behave the way you expect us to behave now then? even the ones you call teenagers behave more mature than some of you so called adults.

you do not expect us to swallow everything thrown at us. if you respect us and not look down on us as teenagers, we will also respect you. i talk with so many people older than me that i met in this forum but i never ever insult them. you do not expect to get what you don't deserve or do you?

no one is perfect. as you guys named us teenagers, at a point in time we tend to exhibit that particular behavior but that doesn't mean that we are like that. not everything u see here portrays the person. those that no me outside nl will testify to that. if you want respect, give it and you will get it. kapish.
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by Rolly: 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2006
@ the topic,

For what? !!! i dont get this
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by kajad(m): 7:03pm On Jun 30, 2006
@ diddy4

Diddy you started well [b]respect is indeed reciproca[/b]l but why write with so much anger?
Are you mad at me for wanting a mutual respect amongst members here?
Would it not make the same meaning if you make your point in a hypothetical context?

Anyway to my question how do you think we could stop this antagonism? Remember I do not have any problem with anybody but, I ask because I have seen a lot of animosity in the forum.
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by diddy4(m): 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2006
tell the grown ass people here to respect themselves and stop acting 13 when they are 36. there aint no animosity. if you respect yourself and mind what you say, i dont see anyone insulting you or attcking you. its a give and take situation. i aonly attack if you say something i dont like. and i only attack when im bored cuzz if im busy i will bypass it and act like i didnt see it. no one enjoys beefing although people do it for fun, but i dont and many teenagers here dont like dissing. respect yourself, dont say nothing bad about nobody and everything will be fine. pronto.
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by retro(f): 7:16pm On Jun 30, 2006
No, we shouldn't. That's called discrimination based on someone's age. In my opinion, if you respect the youngins, they'll respect you (in general, though there are bitches who wouldn't).
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by Seun(m): 9:31pm On Jun 30, 2006
Some older members behave like kids - ignoring the rules, challenging the administrator - and they wonder why they don't get respect. If you respect the admin, you will get respect. Ask the former 2cantango.

What is even more ridiculous is when your age is not on your profile, your picture is not on your profile, and you are demanding respect based on your age. How is that possible?
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by eveseh(f): 10:40pm On Jun 30, 2006
whateva dude whateva,

if da older does not like it dan let him/her F*uck up
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by diddy4(m): 10:42pm On Jun 30, 2006
nice one eve.
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by eveseh(f): 10:42pm On Jun 30, 2006
dey say if u respect the child the child go respect u,

that's it,

the way u train the child that's how the child is gonna grew up cool
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by eveseh(f): 10:43pm On Jun 30, 2006
diddy4:

nice one eve.

yep,thank god someone feel me cool cool
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by diddy4(m): 10:44pm On Jun 30, 2006
cool cool wink
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by eveseh(f): 10:46pm On Jun 30, 2006
back at yo cool cool
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by micklplus(m): 9:22am On Jul 07, 2006
For real, Respect is sooooooo reciprocal ! i have been here for sometimes and i dont think i have had problem(s) with anybody, not even with seun . In as much as i respect myself here, i am definately going to be accorded the respect i deserve ! Fine, i am much older than some kids here but, i still mingle so well with them.

If you give me personal attacks, i dont have to answer or react to things cos i will rather RESPOND ! Reactivity is usually connected to Negativity while RESPONSE is usually connected to positivity ! So all the Bros and Egbons in the House, lets us learn to respond to the yearnings and needs of the kids here and they are definately going to respect us SOOOOOOOOO WELL.

And to answer the caption as to whether Nairaland Should Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers?

I will say NO ! because we all have lots things to learn from one another.

Lets try and accomodate ourselves and the world will not only be a better place but a very sweet and cool place to live

Cheers
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by kajad(m): 10:57am On Jul 07, 2006
Good point micklplus!

The younger ones do not like to be called kids
better watch your ass grin grin
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by lilnaomi(f): 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2006
j-girl:

kajad, respect is given to whom respect is due.

gurl, i respect u 4 dt. u r so on-point. dt statement says it all, no need 4 explanations.

so answer 2 d question: HELL NO!! nairaland need not be broken into sections.

respect is accorded 2 whoeva deserves it. if som older person is not actin his age but still expects me 2 respect him jus bcus he's older than me, he's got another thing coming. I will neva, n if thats wat he calls disrespectin, then so be it!!
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by anton(m): 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2006
There are people here who are 36?

Yaaayyy!!!

Now i don't feel so old, the big 3-0 is four years away, cry grin
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by jgirl3: 9:03pm On Jul 07, 2006
Thanks @ lilnaomi
anton, 26 is not that old. Be happy
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by chibaby5(f): 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2006
c'mon pple, y'll can't do this 2 us. dis is called discrimination man! we should stick 2gether n respect each other. age shouldn't be an issue i don't think. c'mon!
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by diddy4(m): 4:25pm On Jul 10, 2006
chi-baby

this one you crying, how old are u? if u dont mind my asking
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by chibaby5(f): 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2006
i'm a teenager potesting. okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by diddy4(m): 4:31pm On Jul 10, 2006
i see. aiight.
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by chibaby5(f): 4:37pm On Jul 10, 2006
wateva didy, wateva! like ur not one.
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by diddy4(m): 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2006
u sound familiar. hmmmmm, something fishy is going on here.
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by MaureenG1(f): 7:25pm On Jul 10, 2006
Senior and junior chambers? You must be kidding. All animals are equal!
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by Damest09(f): 7:59pm On Jul 10, 2006
What's the fun if nairaland is broken into age segments. everyone have their qualities and qualities are brought together by everyone to make nairaland enjoyable.
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by chibaby5(f): 6:08pm On Jul 11, 2006
senior n juniour chambers? u can't be serious man!!!!
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by Oracle(m): 12:41am On Jul 14, 2006
Points to note
1: The poster of this topic should have forwarded this to the Administrator.
2: there's no bloody need for any type of spliting into whatever form.
3: Nairaland is a general forum for everyone irrespective of age, sex, race and class.
4: A division would only bring about unneccessary rivalry and opposition

From the following points you should be able to draw the conclusion of NO DIVISION
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by chibaby5(f): 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2006
seriously yeah, i don't think it's a good idea.
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by chibaby5(f): 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2006
diddy4:

u sound familiar. hmmmmm, something fishy is going on here.
wad y' mean? familiar? hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Re: Should Nairaland Be Broken Into Senior And Junior Chambers? by Mystique(f): 7:07am On Jul 26, 2006
It wld be nice if we kept the posts nice and civil, without having to use swear words all d time, so people wouldnt want to discriminate against you smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tank Farm For Long Lease At Onne In Portharcourt / Kenya Men Get Circumcised Forcefully To Enhance Their Sexual Performance / LIST Of My E-enemies By Man Of List(very Angry)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.