Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,387 members, 7,812,145 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 (1731 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by bobokanis(m): 11:32am On Sep 02, 2008
Excerpts from Rhapsody of Realities (ROR) of Tuesday 2nd September 2008.
Topic: No More Tears by Pastor Anita Oyakhilome
Scripture: Isaiah 65:19

[i]The Lord Jesus came to put an end to your tears of sorrow and regret. He sufferred excruciating pain and died a shameful death on the cross as full penalty for your sins and rose again to give you a victorious life./i].

You can enjoy more of this from the ROR.

Thanks.

NB:
Be prepared for a big bang coming 1st of October 2008.
14 million copies of ROR is going out as free copies to 14 million Nigerians shocked

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by pastort1(m): 4:45pm On Sep 02, 2008
This is cool. Pls i'll be glad if you can make this a daily affair. This is going to bless many souls instead of all these funny and satanic stories.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by dudubobo1: 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2008
@bobokanis, do you know pastor sola yinka?
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by Pepeye(f): 7:46pm On Sep 02, 2008
Rhapsody of Realities via nairaland

Keep up the good work
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by AKO1(m): 12:18am On Sep 03, 2008
Hi guys, you could also post here, where there is a wider audience and more participants:::

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship

And dont worry, nobody 'bashes' anybody over there. smiley
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by Nobody: 2:27am On Sep 03, 2008
Rhapsody of Absurdities.

bobokanis:

Excerpts from Rhapsody of Realities (ROR) of Tuesday 2nd September 2008.
Topic: No More Tears by Pastor Anita Oyakhilome
Scripture: Isaiah 65:19

The Lord Jesus came to put an end to your tears of sorrow and regret.

Where is that in your bible? Is 65:17 clearly shows that chapter (including verse 19) was talking of a period when this present earth as we know it shall be no more.

bobokanis:

He sufferred excruciating pain and died a shameful death on the cross as full penalty for your sins and rose again to give you a victorious life.

He rose again to give you ETERNAL LIFE not a VICTORIOUS LIFE in this world.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by nwakaibe(m): 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2008
davidylan:

Rhapsody of Absurdities.

Where is that in your bible? Is 65:17 clearly shows that chapter (including verse 19) was talking of a period when this present earth as we know it shall be no more.

davidylan shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
wetin we do you? abeg allow us enjoy our rhapsody. but to be serious, what is eternal life and when does eternal life start, now or in the life to come. well the last time i checked, the bible said we are partakers of the divine nature. put this together and what you have is a victorious life.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by Tgirl4real(f): 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2008
davidylan:

Rhapsody of Absurdities.

lol. I thot no one will wake up to this mess that is just birthed. Ha!! Was already wondering if Pst Chris has succeeded in brainwashing everyone on this section like he did his followers. Ha! Thank God. grin
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by Tgirl4real(f): 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2008
nwakaibe:

wetin we do you? abeg allow us enjoy our rhapsody. but to be serious, what is eternal life and when does eternal life start, now or in the life to come. well the last time i checked, the bible said we are partakers of the divine nature. put this together and what you have is a victorious life.

Please on which basis did you arrive at that conclusion. Misapplying scriptures again, a common characteristis of BLW members. Sigh!!!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by nwakaibe(m): 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2008
Tgirl4real:

lol. I thot no one will wake up to this mess that is just birthed. Ha!! Was already wondering if Pst Chris has succeeded in brainwashing everyone on this section like he did his followers. Ha! Thank God. grin
Tgirl4real:

Please on which basis did you arrive at that conclusion. Misapplying scriptures again, a common characteristis of BLW members. Sigh!!!

I have discovered that many xtians think and talk about scriptures mainly on the intellectual basis. I posed a simple question . when does eternal life start in the life of the xtian and now what is the meaning of being partakers of divine nature?
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2008
nwakaibe:

Read the bible very well instead of misapplying it to your own greed. The bible says you are partakers of a divine nature . . . but the same bible also says you are presently in a corruptible body. How can you combine both to achieve a victorious life now?
Have you read the scripture that says lay not up for yourselves treasures ON EARTH where moth and dust do corrupt?

Does your own eternal life start now? In the very earth Christ said was owned by the "prince of this world"?

nwakaibe:

I have discovered that many xtians think and talk about scriptures mainly on the intellectual basis. I posed a simple question . when does eternal life start in the life of the xtian and now what is the meaning of being partakers of divine nature?

i also noticed many BLW members who i dont consider christians (by their fruits . . .) talk about scripture on an emotional basis and on the basis of "Pastor Chris has said . . . so it must be right".
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by hubreality(m): 6:37am On Sep 04, 2008
When you're born of the Spirit, eternal life is imparted to your spirit. The death and resurrection of Jesus is the greatest reality in the life of the saved. This means you've been made master over every principalities and powers including lucifer. At this point you are just like Jesus, having all the divine abilities in Him, dead to self and the play of religion and it's politics. Greater is HE that is in you than he that is in the world.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by bomata: 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2008
todays message
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by naomijt(f): 4:46pm On Sep 05, 2008
hubreality:

When you're born of the Spirit, eternal life is imparted to your spirit. The death and resurrection of Jesus is the greatest reality in the life of the saved. This means you've been made master over every principalities and powers including lucifer. At this point you are just like Jesus, having all the divine abilities in Him, dead to self and the play of religion and it's politics. Greater is HE that is in you than he that is in the world.

Akika!!! I hail o. na pst chris teach dat one no be the bible o. lipsrsealed
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2008
hubreality:

the bible talks of "growing in faith". No where did it tell you that you automatically become divine the minute you gave your life to Christ.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by hubreality(m): 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2008
Being born again is not of church or religion but of the Spirit. You need to understand the new nature you now have in Christ which is divine! This is the reason while His children still doubt His abilities and the manifestations of His Spirit. If you're born again, you now have a new nature in Christ Jesus. What is that life? If i may ask. God is no respecter of persons but whosoever believes in the integrity of His word is acceptable unto Him. Walk in Love and stop playing religion. How many souls have you won for Christ this year? God bless as you walk in Love.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by donnie(m): 12:50am On Sep 06, 2008
In 1 John 5: 11-14 'the bible says, he that hath the son hath life (ZOE). . . i write unto you you that ye may know that ye have eternal life. . .'
The word Zoe was translated as eternal life.

Zoe is the life and nature of God. The very life that makes God God.
The bible also tells us. . . NOW are we the sons of God . . . (not in the sweet bye and bye but NOW).
Please can somebody tell these satan's agents that we are to cooked for them and their deceit?
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by mazaje(m): 2:22am On Sep 06, 2008
donnie:

In 1 John 5: 11-14 'the bible says, he that hath the son hath life (ZOE). . . i write unto you you that ye may know that ye have eternal life. . .'

Zoe is the life and nature of God. The very life that makes God God.
The bible also tells us. . . NOW are we the sons of God . . . (not in the sweet bye and bye but NOW).
Please can somebody tell these satan's agents that we are to cooked for them and their deceit?

davidylan you don buy market ohhh  cheesy cheesy cheesy, you are now an insidious agent of satan simply because you do not agree with pastor chris understanding and interpretation  of the bible. chie no be small thing ohhh, agent of satan gabadaya? kai wannan kam baban magana che.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by toluxa1(m): 4:36am On Sep 06, 2008
WE ARE LIVING IN THE TIME OF THE END OF THE CHURCH AGE!!! SO SAYS THE WORD OF GOD. STUDY IT.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by Nobody: 4:50am On Sep 06, 2008
donnie:

nothing new hear. the pharisees said Christ had a devil. Not everyone who hides his heresy by brandishing the "devil" is always right.

The bible in 1 John 5 says indeed that we have eternal life through Jesus Christ. The question is simple - where are we to enjoy this "eternal life"? Here on earth or in heaven? If it is here on earth then it is not likely that people like Peter, James, Stephen, Paul ever had this eternal life . . .
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by AKO1(m): 1:03pm On Sep 06, 2008
mazaje:

davidylan you don buy market ohhh cheesy cheesy cheesy, you are now an insidious agent of satan simply because you do not agree with pastor chris understanding and interpretation of the bible. chie no be small thing ohhh, agent of satan gabadaya? kai wannan kam baban magana che.

I know right?

The other day someone else was claiming to have checked the book of life and discovered that KunleOshob's name wasnt there.

This is not the Agape that the bible teaches.

Even where people preach what is not very accurate, God does not condemn them the way some do. After all, Paul said his joy was that Christ is preached, whether by coveteousness or otherwise. Instead of condemning them to hell, he only points out their faults.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by pilgrim1(f): 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2008
A_K_O:

Instead of condemning them to hell, he only points out their faults.

Lol. . . smiley Pointing out people's fault - whichever way one does it - is quite a task, and in many instances could be misread or misinterpreted.

Anyhow, I'm persuaded that the life God gave us is in Christ a victorious one. The problem IMHO here is simply one of definitions. The concept that some of us carry about such words as "victory/victorious" often tends to materialism (and I don't subscribe to that idea). However, the "victorious" life we have in Christ is very clearly expressed in Scripture in so many verses - a few examples include:

(1). Romans 8:37 - Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

(2). 1 John 5:4 - For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Perhaps one reason why I don't subscribe to the idea of materialism in defining a "victorious" Christian life could be highlighted by Joseph's experience in Genesis 39. The man was in prison and yet had the testimony that whatever he did, the LORD made it to "prosper" (see verses 2 and 29).

Isn't it awesome that the life we have in Christ is indeed victorious? wink
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by AKO1(m): 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Lol. . . smiley Pointing out people's fault - whichever way one does it - is quite a task, and in many instances could be misread or misinterpreted.

I know, but that is largely what goes on in this section of nland. You say something, I see a hole in it and I fill it with whatever I think should be there, even you people's zoe debate. Someone thinks we have it now, the other sees that as faulty and says we will have it in the sweet by and by. And they both have scriptural support so it is as with most arguments, likely that there are elements of truth in both sides of the story.

That is better than claiming that someone is satan's agent because they do not see things exactly as you do.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by pilgrim1(f): 1:42pm On Sep 06, 2008
A_K_O:

That is better than claiming that someone is satan's agent because they do not see things exactly as you do.

I'm with you on that - and it's my hope that as we mature in our faith, reason and love will become much more pronounced than outright denunciations.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by osaroodion(m): 8:36pm On Sep 06, 2008
I love this: instead of ready the post of critics i believe this is the best thing to read.
UP BELIEVERS LOWORLD. BUILDING A HAPPIER WORLD WITH LOVE.

EXPRESS YOURSELF.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by Aguobi(m): 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2008
I can see the joy and beauty of Ist October right here in my office. Even the clouds knows that something great, extraordinary is about to happen to our Beloved Country Nigeria on 1st October 2008.
Righteousness of God will be enthroned to our nation through the distribution of Rhapsody of Realities. Halleluya!!!

I give God thanks for another opportunity given to us to Reach Out to our Nation with the Word of God packaged in ROR.

I am so much elated in the Spirit. wow!!![/color][/color]
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by dudubobo1: 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2008
I saw a copy of this booklet and I felt there was a lot of personal advertising on it, even more than there are scriptures to build christians up.
lipsrsealed
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by timimatrix: 1:42pm On Oct 06, 2008
I started reading the book Rhapsody Of Realities,since 2004 and it has really change my life.Anyone disputing the book should please try to read it first b4 condeming it.why did Niara landers love bringing people and men of God down,let joing in preaching the gospel of our lord Jesus and stop the act of critizm.Shalom
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: 2nd September 2008 by nwakaibe(m): 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2008
pilgrim.1:

I'm with you on that - and it's my hope that as we mature in our faith, reason and love will become much more pronounced than outright denunciations.

You are right on the mark. Maturity in faith enables to see where we are missing it on own part and stop pointing accusing fingers.Severally, I have pointed out that I have good friends from different churches and our point of meeting is love. I attend Christ Embassy but I have good friends from Redeemed, Watchman, Chosen and Deeper. We leave the frills or non essentials of whether to use makeup, deodorant, body spray or head tie and focus on the main commission, the job of soul winning and discipleship.
At times, I shudder at the way some xtians tear each other down in the name of proving a point. I posted a case of testimony as well as supplying information as how to locate the testifier, I was labled a non credible source wink. I just smiled co I know fully that what I posted is true.
I think we have a lot that binds us. But for those who feel otherwise, No hard feelings.
Maturity is a continuous process and while we are on it, lets save our mouths,sorry fingers from typing all manner of things in trying to put across our points.
Love you all

(1) (Reply)

what / molestation and Fornication / How Many Days And Nights Did Jesus Stay In The Tomb?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.