Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,448 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! (5100 Views)

Reverend Sisters Die In Accident In Cross River (Graphic Photos) / Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) / AirAsia QZ8501: Forty Bodies Found In Missing Plane Search (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by nwakaibe(m): 10:58am On Sep 04, 2008
This is Naija. we dey for Naija. anything fit happen. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by funloving(m): 10:58am On Sep 04, 2008
The story doesn't add up

1. Local hunters found the remains of the crashed plane and they found the international passport of the pilot, Captain Agbedi. How come these hunters did not find the decomposing bodies then ? How can you still identify the prints on a passport made of paper nearly six money after, in a rain forest ?

2. 'Two decomposing bodies in the rain forest from aerial photographs ? What sort of pictorial resolution are we talking about here ? I may not doubt the efficacy of such a camera if it were NASA's or CIA's but NEMA's ? Sorry, I jst don't have enough faith in Nigeria's technology ?

Seems to me as if there is a strong attempt to prove that the plane actually crashed and the crew died.

Let them release the pictures and passport for the Nation to see and evaluate for itself
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by mendax: 11:54am On Sep 04, 2008
mockery
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by ssRhino: 12:12pm On Sep 04, 2008
The best GPS in the world, the man should be awarded.
Hunter's GPS, who told u hunters dont have technology.
I hail jare.

How could a plane be missing for that long in C.River, how big is the whole place?
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by bilymuse: 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2008
wariowei
I think the FG or the aviation ministry needs to set up a CTU or Forensic investigation unit made up of hunters, fishermen, fulani cow rearers, native doctors (orubo), abrakatabralists, etc. What can I say? Since western technology can't help the situation in Nigeria, lets try local.

I perfectly agree with you, we need juju forensic technology, not only in the aviation ministry but in all government institutions
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by pilot77(m): 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2008
The Forests in Cross River State are really vast.But i still believe we've not been told everything,i mean everything.
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by T2(m): 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2008
I know naija aviation is lacking, planes get missing all over the world and are never found or found decades later.

Millionaire adventurer Steve Fossett's plane went missing in the USA about 1 year ago, have they found it? NO!
Anyway, conspiracy MUST dey for naija story  grin

How about this, the pilot was given $5M, he has undergone facial reconstruction at a 'secret' hospital in Spain and is currently back in Nigeria as the technical adviser for the minister of aviation, his new post is improving the aviation ministry's search and recovery unit.
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by blackkabir: 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2008
i support what camelily say. !!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by blackkabir: 2:35pm On Sep 04, 2008
come to think of it, do u think this is that real for a plane to be declare missing for the past 6 months, what of the decades family? won they look for their people? i beg lets think t wise or tell to think t wise before talking or giving report to we Nigerians.
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by slyk2(m): 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2008
na naija magic
we dey try no be small!
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by sley4life(m): 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2008
the missing plane was found but was the manure of the missing bodies found?
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by chrisoml(m): 12:10am On Sep 05, 2008
This country will never stop to amaze me.
From the images I saw this evenin on Television, grasses and trees are yet to grow around where the missing craft was found even in a tropical region like Calaba.
All I know is that sooner or later the truth about the whole mystery will come out.
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by slyk2(m): 10:58am On Sep 05, 2008
The black box is missing!
You get the tori?
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by cyriluzo(m): 11:33am On Sep 05, 2008
Black Box missing ko!, white Box missing ni!

THERE WAS NO BOX IN THE PLANE IN THE FIRST PLACE NOT TO TALK OF BLACK BOX!!!
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by bilymuse: 11:46am On Sep 05, 2008
you people are underestimating the power of juju.

Since its an hunter that found the plane in the first place, the only way to solve mystery is to convene an extra ordinary conference of national association of Nigerian witches/juju/marabout .

And plead with them to resolve the issue for national security and stability.
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by tundysho(m): 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2008
I wonder what our jornalists re still doing ,none of them hae gone to the families of the assumed ictims for interveiws
They ought to go and sample their moods so that we can know if there is hanky panky somewhere
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by Aussie(m): 1:37pm On Sep 05, 2008
See the plane below.

too bad and sad.

Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by 1luvkipsus: 2:16pm On Sep 05, 2008
Yeye people.They ve gone to manipulate one old plane and dump it at the site.The family of the crew should be visited to confirm they are actually missing,forensic inestigation must be carried out by a foreign expert to confirm that its the actual plane that got missing that was found and the puported remains of the pilot they found at the alleged crash site

Ibori has a hand in all these

Well said.
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by smol(m): 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2008
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by darryshine(m): 2:28am On Sep 06, 2008
WELL, NIGERIA DON SPOIL EVER SINCE WEY BOLA IGE DON DIE,

ALL OF YOU SHOULD TRY TO GET ONE COPY OF IDRIS ALBDUKAREEM LATEST SONG, UNA GO HEAR THE TRUTH.

CORRUPTION NA BIG BUSINESS, WHILE EDUCATION IS A BIG PROBLEM AND OKADA NA EMPLOYMENT.

ONE LOVE MY PEOPLE.
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by Wilmart(m): 5:44am On Sep 06, 2008
Whao, Nigeria we hail thee, ,O sorry, Arise O CompatriotS, Its really sad hearing this kind of scenario,are we moving forward, or backward.Yes,we are the giant of africa where anything can happen.God saves us. sad
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by Imani(f): 8:29pm On Sep 06, 2008
I dont understand

A whole plane crash landed and it took six months to find shocked shocked shocked

My people, we need a serious change of heart and metality in this our country.

In less than a months time we will be "celebrating" 48 years since independence. I wish people would stop all the partying and really give some thought to the sad situation of our nation. There are some people that just don't want the country to improve.

I was watching an NTAi presentation the other other and a few people were asked what would be their priority if they became president for a day. About half of those interviewed said education. With the current levels of education we have in that country, i am not sure more academic education is what we need. What have we done with the education we have recieved so far? How can a plane go missing and the whole aviation industry could not locate this plane and it took local hunters to find the plane. Well, I am not too surprised as quite a lot of the country is made up of unnecessary bushes and jungles.
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by debosky(m): 8:37pm On Sep 06, 2008
Imani:

I don't understand

A whole plane crash landed and it took six months to find shocked shocked shocked

My people, we need a serious change of heart and metality in this our country.

In less than a months time we will be "celebrating" 48 years since independence. I wish people would stop all the partying and really give some thought to the sad situation of our nation. There are some people that just don't want the country to improve.

I was watching an NTAi presentation the other other and a few people were asked what would be their priority if they became president for a day. About half of those interviewed said education. With the current levels of education we have in that country, i am not sure more academic education is what we need. What have we done with the education we have recieved so far? How can a plane go missing and the whole aviation industry could not locate this plane and it took local hunters to find the plane. Well, I am not too surprised as quite a lot of the country is made up of unnecessary bushes and jungles.

I wonder what is unnecessary in retaining forest cover and sustaining biodiversity. undecided

Its ridiculous that the plane was not discovered for that long, but given its small size and the denseness of vegetation at the location, coupled with the poorly developed state of the search and rescue facilities in Nigeria, I am not surprised.

The truth is, we do need to improve these things and get ourselves certified or accredited by the appropriate safety bodies internationally. Weak institutional frameworks remains the bane of government in the country.
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by ty4real(m): 9:54pm On Sep 06, 2008
@Post!

Orisirisi fir my beloved country!God have mercy on the country!6mths after if na developed country den no go rest until they find the missing plane!
Sunny Okosun of blessed memory don talk am, Which way Nigeria which way to go,I love my fatherland,I want to know,
He go better one day! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by Pataki: 12:30am On Sep 07, 2008
debosky:

I wonder what is unnecessary in retaining forest cover and sustaining biodiversity. undecided

Are you an Environmentalist? undecided
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by debosky(m): 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2008
Pataki:

Are you an Environmentalist? undecided
Do I have to be one to cherish the natural environment? Its comments about 'unnecessary bush and jungles' that show the sheer disregard for the environment in Nigeria.
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by Pataki: 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2008
debosky:

Do I have to be one to cherish the natural environment? Its comments about 'unnecessary bush and jungles' that show the sheer disregard for the environment in Nigeria.
My question must have cut across as being offensive, hence your response. I was just inquisitive to know whether you are one of those Green Peace Movement peeps. angry

If you are mindful, you do know that often times, people think Africa is a place full of jungles with wild animals and everyone jumping from one place to another on trees, most especially from the Western world view.

So what say you? grin
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by mustafar1: 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2008
we all do not have to be environmentalist to protect the environment. heck if i had the chance to join green peace i might as well. not with the million and one things they are fighting. one more person in their army would be appreciated.
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by debosky(m): 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2008
Pataki:

My question must have cut across as being offensive, hence your response. I was just inquisitive to know whether you are one of those Green Peace Movement peeps. angry

If you are mindful, you do know that often times, people think Africa is a place full of jungles with wild animals and everyone jumping from one place to another on trees, most especially from the Western world view.

So what say you? grin

E remain small, I will soon take up arms against destroyers of the environment, ours will be called Green Violence, not peace. grin
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by Pataki: 8:20pm On Sep 07, 2008
debosky:

E remain small, I will soon take up arms against destroyers of the environment, ours will be called Green Violence, not peace. grin
Hahahahaha!

Nice idea.
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by travis78(m): 1:31am On Sep 08, 2008
well let me say it's a good thing the ill-fated aircraft was found but it's most unfortunate that after 5 months of intense search,we can now realize that our nation still lags behind in search and rescue operation and lacks effective radar coverage of our airspace.so i ask the question,what happened to the 19.4Bn naira that was given to the former ministers of aviation?
Re: Missing Plane Found In Cross River: After 6 Months! by mustafar1: 5:48am On Sep 08, 2008
not all search and rescue operations end with result, some get called off.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bus Passenger’s Before And After Crash Selfies Go Viral in Mozambique(Pic) / Information On Hustling In Panama / First Time In Ghana: Personal Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.