Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Laspotech And No Result For Part Time Students After Graduation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Laspotech And No Result For Part Time Students After Graduation (19902 Views)

Students Who Don’t Wish To Suffer After Graduation Should Do These / LASU Part-time Students Protest, Shut Fashola’s Office / LASPOTECH CHAT ROOM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laspotech And No Result For Part Time Students After Graduation by adebayoO2: 10:41am On Sep 03, 2008
Hi all ( please read embarassed)
Laspotech(Lagos State Polytechnic) in recent times have graduated many OND and HND students in their part-time programmes and many have been without result for years.  I presently have a sister who graduated this year and when we requested for when her result would be out, we were told not to bother. As two sets before hers have not got their results, implying no evidence of going to a Higher institution. The two sets before her would definitely have stayed at home for at least a year and two years.

I am of the opinion that it is high time we as a community through any means, of which this is a part, start standing against wrong and wicked practises in our society.  Complaining at home would make no difference but if as a community we work together we can check mate this vices.
First I see no reason why a person should graduate from a school and not have his or her result within a year. If Laspotech is not competent enough to handle its student's population then they should stop running part-time programmes or admit what they can manage.  young people's lives are being wasted when they have to sit at home waiting for there result.  Those that want to get a job or further their education can not because they have no evidence that they have done their OND or HND.

I strongly believe this community can do something about it.  At least it would be said in our time that we did not keep quiet and allowed the sleeping dog lie.

First I need your advise on what can be done about it.  LET'S HAVE YOUR ADVICE

Secondly, if you know anyone with this issue with Laspotech-  they should please send me their name, admission number,course and graduation year- ponle_akanbi@yahoo.com.  We need to collate the list and write as many people ( Lagos state governor, the state house, the national assembly, the ministry of education,the court and judiciary, a comprehensive write up in the dailies)as possible who care to hear to come to the aid of the affected students.  IF WE SUCCEED AT THIS, WE CAN START ADDRESSING OTHER ISSUES THIS WAY TOO

I BEG YOU TO JOIN THE VANGUARD  That WOULD STAND AGAINST INJUSTICE
IT IS INJUSTICE TO GO TO A SCHOOL AND NOT HAVE A RESULT TO SHOW FOR IT.
IT IS INJUSTICE TO HAVE A STUDENT'S LIFE, TIME AND YEARS WASTED WAITING FOR A RESULT THAT HE DOES NOT KNOW WHEN IT WOULD COME.
ARISE OH COMPATRIOT !!!
Re: Laspotech And No Result For Part Time Students After Graduation by canladyluv: 9:11am On Sep 04, 2008
Adebayo u re right, i finished d programme b4 i realized that their result takes time to be released, i finished this year though, i got to my annexe cos am a part time student and they said the only letter that would be given to us is IT letter, for crying out loud most of us are working already, i lost a job i almost got in an oil firm all because i dont ve a letter stating that i ve completed d programme

If there is a way something good can be done it would be better because u dont expect me to go for IT when ve been working for over 3yrs.
Re: Laspotech And No Result For Part Time Students After Graduation by adebayoO2: 11:53am On Sep 04, 2008
Thanks for the response.
I believe we can do something about if only we would try.
If we all keep grumbling at home, nothing would be done. However if we unite as a community a lot can be done.

Why should you be asked to go on IT when you are doing a part-time programme. You are already working and that is
why you opted for the part-time programme. The 3 years at work already is already an experience. One does not need to
have a PhD to realise this.

This are my suggestion:
1.We will need to collate a ample list of those involved.
2. Write a petition to Lagos state House of Assembly on what is actually going on in Laspotech
3. Write a petition to the Lagos State Governor
4. Write a petition to the National Assembly
5. Write a petition to the ministry of Education
6. Take the issue to court. Because I strongly believe it is fraudulent to say you offer part-time programme, and at the end of the part-time programme say that you can not make available results. IT IS FRAUDULENT. If Laspotech is not competent enough to run the part-time programme they should stop it and not waste people's lives else they should admit what they can manage.

To achieve all I stated above we need to collate the list of people involved (a reasonable amount) so that the petition can hold water and to show that our claim is true.

ANYONE INTERESTED SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING TO MY email address : ponle_akanbi@yahoo.com
1. name - surname first,first name , middle name
2. year of graduation
3. course studied
4. Annex location
IF WE DON'T ARISE AND CHALLENGE THIS VICE NOW IT WOULD CONTINUE AND MANY YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIFE CAN BE WASTED BECAUSE OF IT.
I have a sister involved. You are involved. Lets spread the message. Update the list,get a ample number of people and I am sure by the time we make a concerted challenge someone would listen and come to our aid.
ARISE OH COMPATRIOT
Re: Laspotech And No Result For Part Time Students After Graduation by damjop: 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2009
God bless you, i thought i was the only one affected by this situation. I have literarily been dragging my mates in every step i have taken. I finished my N.D in 2006; till now 2009 I've not been issued my certificate. I don't even know my grade. It is really frustrating. I had no choice but to continue my H.N.D. at the same school. If i had know i would have just started again at another school. I will be graduating this year but no N.D. result yet. I have lost all motivation to continue in LASPOTECH. I have written to Governor Fashola concerning it but i don't think he has done anything. I have placed my education in God's hands because He's the only one that won't disappoint me.

Damilare P.
Re: Laspotech And No Result For Part Time Students After Graduation by firstlady4(f): 11:07am On Jan 09, 2009
This is seriuos oh shocked shocked
Re: Laspotech And No Result For Part Time Students After Graduation by coolfriday(m): 9:58am On Jan 12, 2009
The issue with LASPOTECH is that the authorities of the school don't even know why the school was set up.

It high time the Lagos State Government do something about the school.

All old and new students should stage a mass protest to media houses+Alausa Ikeja Fed Secretariat to make their plight known.

The school belongs to Lagos State, so the state should ensure that its facilities are upgraded and the necessary manpower are put in place to enhance result/certificate processing

If only they don't want eko to baje they should do something. angry
Re: Laspotech And No Result For Part Time Students After Graduation by mrtalentedpro(m): 6:44pm On Apr 22, 2013
Good day, I would like to comment on the issue of result in laspotech. A friend of my finished his Ond programme from laspotech (jibowu annexe) last two years and collected his result last years from the annexe. I finished my Ond programme last year from the same school and I was assured that I would use the result to enrol for hnd or bsc this year. Perphaps I would advice the peoples that finished without result to contact the Rector online either by facebook or telecom. Always think twice before you comment.
Re: Laspotech And No Result For Part Time Students After Graduation by festusbiz(m): 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
am in support of dis protest.
Re: Laspotech And No Result For Part Time Students After Graduation by AOMP: 7:48am On Nov 30, 2017
mrtalentedpro:
Good day, I would like to comment on the issue of result in laspotech. A friend of my finished his Ond programme from laspotech (jibowu annexe) last two years and collected his result last years from the annexe. I finished my Ond programme last year from the same school and I was assured that I would use the result to enrol for hnd or bsc this year. Perphaps I would advice the peoples that finished without result to contact the Rector online either by facebook or telecom. Always think twice before you comment.

Please do you know how many years it takes for original certificate to be released. I finished my OND in 2013( Oriwu Annex) though I had collected letter of of completion in 2014. I went there yesterday 29/11/17 for d certificate and they gave me a file to check if my name is there. I checked but my name and Annex(Oriwu) was not there meanwhile I saw other annexes including their year of completion 2013. I called d attention of the woman there and she said is not ready. she said d certificate is done in abroad and she cannot tell me exactly when d certificate will be out.
Please who have gone through dis similar situation?
doest it take more than 4years for a certificate to be released? Why is it DAT some annex certificate is out and others not?
Thanks
Re: Laspotech And No Result For Part Time Students After Graduation by Chudianya2012(m): 5:25pm On Feb 23, 2021
Pleàse how do one get his original ond result certificate

(1) (Reply)

Guide : How To Pass Jamb With Ease (score 200+ Made Easy) / UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen / Unuversities Increase Tuition Fees, Offer Discount For Children Of Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.