Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. (3136 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Who Is The Rightful Owner Of The Breast? The Husband Or The Child. / Would You Donate Your Kidney For Your Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by chisomquee: 3:40pm On Sep 03, 2008
can you donate your kidney,for your husband or wife.
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by SeanT21(f): 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2008
If it wont cause my LIFE!!!
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2008
Yes.
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by ssRhino: 5:58pm On Sep 03, 2008
yes!!!!!!!!
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by Ndipe(m): 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2008
In a heartbeat
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by sistawoman: 9:13pm On Sep 03, 2008
yes yes yes yes
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 03, 2008
Without a second thought, yes.

You only need one kidney to function.
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by coolier(f): 9:24pm On Sep 03, 2008
If his life depends on it.
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by tRoOE(f): 12:08am On Sep 05, 2008
Yes without a thought
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by Ndipe(m): 12:19am On Sep 05, 2008
I mean, what a question. It's your spouse now, so wouldnt you want to save his or her life?
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by TOYOSI20(f): 11:32am On Sep 05, 2008
In the twinkle of an eye, smiley

I know he'll do the same for me.
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 05, 2008
coolier:

If his life depends on it.

Ms Coolier, if his life didn't depend on it, he wouldn't need a kidney donation.

Otherwise, he'll be on a Dialysis machine, for the rest of his life.
Could you honestly cope with that, see his daily suffering?
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by MrCrackles(m): 11:40am On Sep 05, 2008
yes definitely!
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 05, 2008
SeanT21:

If it wont cause my LIFE!!!

Taylor, it wouldn't kill you, you'll be fine.
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by tope2000(f): 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2008
no brainer question
of course yes
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by coolier(f): 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2008
Siena:

Ms Coolier, if his life didn't depend on it, he wouldn't need a kidney donation.
Otherwise, he'll be on a Dialysis machine, for the rest of his life.
Could you honestly cope with that, see his daily suffering?

Well then if my life doesn't depend on it! If giving him one of my kidneys would not be my shortfall.
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2008
Ms Coolier, mammals only need one kidney to function.

Donating one to your husband wouldn't harm you.
Unless of course, you don't love him enough, to take the risk.
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by coolier(f): 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2008
@ Siena
If mammals need only one kidney to function according to you and researchers like you, tell me, why did God give us two? Is it so that we have a 'spare' to give our husband when he needs it?
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 06, 2008
*Sighs* Why must you bring God into this? undecided

You must have studied biology, at least up to the point you chose your subjects.
A bit like asking why we have an appendix.

The appendix also serves no useful purpose in mammals, only birds.
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by coolier(f): 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2008
@ Siena
OK forget God. We need two kidneys to function properly. That is the way it is and the way it will be. In a situation where one has a problem with one of the kidneys, the other authomatically takes charge. We need two eyes to be able to see flawlessly and two ears to hear soundly - but some people still use one, not as a matter of choice - and you yourself would agree with me that 'one is never like two'. There is no useless part in the human body.

And below, culled from the internet for your info:

"However, even in 1976 medical textbooks were beginning to admit the appendix had functions:

The appendix is not generally credited with significant function; however, current evidence tends to involve it in the immunologic mechanism.2

And in a 1995 medical textbook, the authors are emphatic about the function of the appendix:

The mucosa and submucosa of the appendix are dominated by lymphoid nodules, and its primary function is as an organ of the lymphatic system.3"

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v20/i1/appendix.asp
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 06, 2008
I hear everyone going "yes, in a heart beat, sure" . . .

i have news for you . . . the REAL answer is a fat NO!

You can only donate an organ to someone who is a perfect immunological match as you. Your spouse isnt one of them, so no even if you wanted to its medically suicide to try to.
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by Cayon(f): 5:53pm On Sep 06, 2008
if my othr kidney can last for another 50 years. . . . .then yes I'll donate but only to a family member
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2008
davidylan:

I hear everyone going "yes, in a heart beat, sure" . . .

i have news for you . . . the REAL answer is a fat NO!

You can only donate an organ to someone who is a perfect immunological match as you. Your spouse isnt one of them, so no even if you wanted to its medically suicide to try to.

David, long time no respond! cheesy

Of course, the question of organ donation is based on your spouse being an ideal match. wink
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney,for Your Husband Or Wife. by Ndipe(m): 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2008
Davidylan, the essence of the question was "If you'd be willing" (assuming there was a match) to donate your kidneys to your spouse. Dont try to twist it otherway.

(1) (Reply)

Man Spotted With His Baby Tied To His Back At London Heathrow Airport / How Nigerian Ladies Can Treat Vaginal Infections With Pics / Man Surprises Wife With Portrait Of Herself With A Man In Bed On Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.