Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,824 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Incest And Islam - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Incest And Islam (5671 Views)

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / The Ring : Ring And Islam, All You Need To Know / Tissue Paper And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Incest And Islam by BOMANY: 1:14am On Sep 07, 2008
The Second

Christianity & Cousin Marriages

Introduction
No website dealing with cousin relationships would be complete without exploring the Christian viewpoint. Christianity is a very large tent. From Appalachian snake handlers to the majestic liturgy of Eastern Orthodoxy, Christian beliefs run the full gamut. In this discussion, we will consider only the biblical history and acceptance of cousin relationships, as opposed to institutional creeds. (For a complete discussion on the Catholic Church, please see our Chat with an Expert page.)
For much of the world's population, the Bible is the final authority on right and wrong. This is true both of devout Christians as well as those who may have some vague, indiscernible root in the Christian faith. Perhaps Christianity was the faith of one's parent or grandparent, and although the individual does not particularly follow the faith, they were ingrained from childhood that God is the ultimate authority, and the Bible is God's instruction book to mankind.
Whether one truly believes in the Bible or not, it seems to have become a social standard to attribute one's own assumptions of right from wrong on scripture. Unfortunately, many times the person who claims that something is "a sin against God," or that an individual will "burn in Hell" for his actions or lifestyle have no clear understanding of what Scripture says on the subject. Perhaps even more unfortunate is that many preachers, priests, and theologians have also allowed society to cloud their judgment on the issue, rather than to study what the Bible has to say on the subject for themselves.

A look at Leviticus
The Bible has a great deal to say about cousin marriage, and not once does it say anything negative. To the contrary, all references to cousin marriage in scripture are 100% supportive. Let's look first at how the Bible defines sexual impurity, in Leviticus chapter 18. God tells us that we are not to have sexual relations with the following:
any close relative (which you will clearly see does not include cousins)
your mother
your father's wife
your sister, (whole or half) "whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere" (v.9)
your grandchild
the daughter of your father's wife (step-sister)
your father's sister (aunt) "as she is your father's close relative"
your mother's sister (aunt) "as she is your mother's close relative"
your father's brother's wife (aunt)
your son's wife
your brother's wife
with both a woman and her daughter
your wife's sister as a rival wife (to spite your first wife)
during "uncleanness of her monthly period"
with your neighbor's wife
with a member of the same sex; the Bible says "that is detestable"
with an animal; the Bible refers to this as "a perversion"

Those who oppose cousin marriage often use "any close relative" to base their opposition on. Others will say that just because cousins aren't specifically referred to doesn't mean God didn't mean to include them. They insist this list is just a general rule of thumb, not an all-inclusive command.
I disagree. Leviticus is a book of law. It is very specific and very definitive. The passage begins with "any close relative", and proceeds to describe all that God defines as near kin, followed by other sexual acts which God forbids. To say that God meant to include cousins is to assume God made a mistake. To say that it is only a general list, you must wonder why God was so very specific that he included beastiality, homosexuality, and sex during a woman's menstrual cycle. Furthermore, the Scripture clearly and unmistakably defines an aunt (a mother's or father's sister) as the parent's close relative, not as one's own.
Now you may wonder why Leviticus forbids a man to marry his aunt, but not a woman to marry her uncle. Some may use that as proof that God gave only generalities. This is a common misunderstanding; however, God did not forbid uncles and nieces from marriage. Why the double standard?
First let me explain that society changes. Culture changes. God does not change. What was common during Biblical times is not acceptable by today's standards. That being said, let's examine why God would allow a man to marry his niece but would not allow a woman to marry her nephew.
When a woman was left widowed, the men in her husband's family were required to take responsibility of the woman. The deceased husband's nearest kin was commanded to take her as his wife. If she had borne no children to her husband, her firstborn to his relative was to be the legitimate heir to the deceased spouse. However, the nearest kin was also required to have the approval of his first wife before taking on a second. If the first wife was opposed to the marriage, or was related to the widow within the defined prohibitions, then she became the responsibility of the next nearest kin. The brother of the deceased was generally the obvious choice, although a widow's marriage to her father in law was fairly common. Because cousin marriage was allowed by God's law, and was in fact commanded of many individuals throughout scripture, the deceased husband's nearest relative was often the widow's uncle. If neither a brother nor father to the deceased was an option, the next nearest kin appears to have always followed a lateral or ascending direction. In no instance did a widow become the marital responsibility of her late husband's son, or his brother's son.
I will briefly list some of the individuals commanded or otherwise instructed in scripture to marry a cousin. For further information on these individuals and the circumstances, you may choose to read the scriptural passages associated with each. More detailed information will be included in the forthcoming book, which will be made available on this website upon completion.

Biblical Cousin Marriages

Each of the following individuals in scripture were in the lineage of Mary, Christ's mother, or Joseph, his "earthly" father, who were chosen by God to raise His son. Most, if not all, occurred (chronologically) after the time in which Levitican law was written.
Zelophehad's daughters did as the LORD commanded Moses. Zelophehad's daughters, Mahlah, Tirzah, Hoglah, Milcah and Noah, married their cousins on their father's side.
(Numbers 36: 1-11)
Milcah, one of Zelophehad's daughters, was married to her cousin Nahor. They had a grand daughter named Rebekkah. In Genesis 24:48-51, the story unfolds of how, against all odds, God's direction for her to marry her cousin's son Isaac (first cousin once removed) is made crystal clear.
Isaac and Rebekkah had two son's. Jacob was the son whom was blessed to fulfill God's prophecy that the descendant's of Abraham (Jacob's grandfather, Isaac's father) would become a great nation. Isaac instructed Jacob to marry a daughter of Rebekkah's brother. Although he immediately fell in love and became engaged to his cousin Rachel, his uncle tricked him into first marrying Rachel's sister Leah. Although God blessed Jacob greatly, Jacob suffered much grief and heartache for having married both sisters. Jacob's descendants became what is now known as the twelve tribes of Israel. (Genesis chapters 19 and 29)
In I Chronicles 23:22, Eleazar's daughters married their first cousins. Very little detail is given of this event.

Conclusion
Biblical prohibitions of cousin marriage reside only in the minds of the unlearned. We can find many instances of where God had blessed cousin marriage. In fact, the Catholic Dictionary finds that Christ's parents-- Joseph & Mary-- were first cousins. Protestants come to the same conclusion. Do I believe that Joseph and Mary were first cousins? It's likely, but I do not need this to validate my relationship. It will be fun to tease Joseph and Mary a bit when I get up there.

http://www.cousincouples.com/?page=religion
Re: Incest And Islam by Queenisha: 1:15am On Sep 07, 2008
Christianity is after the coming of Christ.
Start from Matthew buddy cool

before you paste a whole website on nairaland
Re: Incest And Islam by BOMANY: 1:30am On Sep 07, 2008
Internationally

26 states in the United States of America allow cousin marriage. Also Canada and Europe allow cousin marriage. 20 percent of marriages around the world are between first cousins, Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin married their first cousins, Queen Victoria married her first cousin, and Mary, Queen of Scots, married her cousin Henry.

Do you want more cool cool
Re: Incest And Islam by BOMANY: 1:35am On Sep 07, 2008
@Deepz
Incest (noun 1. sexual intercourse between closely related persons), is permitted in Islam to a large extent.
That's why Muslim countries have some of the highest levels of congenital birth defects.
Result of inbreeding.

No wonder.

You say a lie and start believing  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Incest And Islam by BOMANY: 1:44am On Sep 07, 2008
That's why Muslim countries have some of the highest levels of congenital birth defects.
Result of inbreeding

The Facts About Cousin Marriages

Some people are fixated on the fallacy that cousin couples pose an intolerable risk to their offspring. However it is likely that we are all descendants of cousin marriages. Before civil laws banning cousin marriages, it was preferable to marry a cousin in some communities as it is to this day in many countries. The notion “why marry a stranger" is just as prevalent in many countries as the cousin marriage taboo in America today.
There is a wide range of opinions on the subject of cousin marriages. This is fuelled by erroneous information, bigotry, and presumptions. Further we have civil laws and religious creeds based on obsolete information.
The facts about cousin marriages are much clearer.

There are no contemporary studies that indicate cousins have children with significantly higher than normal birth defects.  Fears of cousins who marry having children with birth defects are indeed exaggerated. Simply marrying within your own race increases the odds of birth defects. Marrying within your own town further increases your chances.

Fact: 26 states allow first cousin marriages; Most people can marry their cousin in the US.
Fact: US prohibitions against cousin marriages predate modern genetics. Hmmm.
Fact: In the first quarter of 2000, two delegates in Maryland introduced a bill that would prohibit first cousin marriage. This bill passed in the House of Delegates (82 to 46), however did not make it past the Senate Committee. Please remember Delegates Heller and Barve in the next election. The sponsors of the bill claim that a large ratio of out-of-state couples come to Maryland to get married – perhaps cousin couples. Their bill would have stifled revenues from marriage licenses while imposing ridiculous marriage restrictions.
Fact: No European country prohibits marriage between first cousins. It is also legal throughout Canada and Mexico to marry your cousin. The USA is the only western country with cousin marriage restrictions.
Fact: Second cousins have little, if any increased chance of having children with birth defects, per the book "Clinical Genetics Handbook”– courtesy of the March of Dimes.
Fact: The frequency of cousin marriages in the USA is about 1 in 1,000
Fact: The frequency of cousin marriages in Japan is about 4 in 1,000
Fact: It is estimated that 20 percent of all couples worldwide are first cousins. It is also estimated that 80 percent of all marriages historically have been between first cousins!
Fact: In some cultures, the term cousin and mate are synonymous.
Fact: Albert Einstein married his first cousin. And so did Charles Darwin, who had exceptional children.
Fact: Franklin D. Roosevelt, the longest serving US president in history married his cousin (not a first cousin, however they shared the same last name).
Fact: The first Prime Minister of Canada, Sir John A. MacDonald married his first cousin.
Fact: Leviticus 18 lists all forbidden sexual relationships. Cousin relationships are not included.
Fact: God commanded many cousins to marry, including Zelophehad's 5 daughters, Eleazar's daughters, Jacob (who married both Rachel and Leah, first cousins), and Isaac and Rebekkah (first cousins once removed). All were ancestors of Jesus Christ.
Fact: Current studies indicate that cousin couples have a lower ratio of miscarriages -- perhaps because body chemistry of cousins is more similar. The verdict is still out.
Re: Incest And Islam by Queenisha: 1:50am On Sep 07, 2008
Britain did a study and Pakistani Muslims who are only 3% of births have 1 in 3 births with congenital defects.The underlying factor being a result of inbreeding and you call it lies.
Keep deceiving yourself.
Your wife will some give you a baby with 2 buttholes and no private.
This is your warning.
I already gave you the article on the first page.
We do not keep it in the family.
There are plenty women out there why bed your own flesh and blood?

with the above submission,I'm done with the thread
Re: Incest And Islam by BOMANY: 2:00am On Sep 07, 2008
In Mohammeds time men used to make their wives breast feed their male slaves to deter them from marrying them or having an affair.

Looking desirably or erotically to other women in Islam is prohibited, even some Imams made all kinds of long looking to women forbidden  so how about a man comes close to another woman to suck her  breast, WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE

EVEN YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO LIE  cheesy cheesy cheesy

The only way of breast feeding brotherhood in Islam is for babies less than two years and they should be fed by one woman at least five full times to become a breast feeding brothers or a brother and sister and they are not allowed in the future to marry each other, it is prohibited
Re: Incest And Islam by BOMANY: 2:06am On Sep 07, 2008
Queengeisha:

Britain did a study and Pakistani Muslims who are only 3% of births have 1 in 3 births with congenital defects.The underlying factor being a result of inbreeding and you call it lies.

{Children of non-related couples have a 2-3% risk of birth defects, as opposed to first cousins having a 3-4% risk. Genetic counseling is available for those couples that may be at a special risk for birth defects (e.g. You have a defect that runs in your family) In plain terms first cousins have at a 94 percent + chance of having healthy children. Check the links section for more information on genetic counselors. The National Society of Genetic Counselors estimated the increased risk for first cousins is between 1.7 to 2.8 percent, or about the same a any woman over 40 years of age} end of qoute

THIS IS THE FACT
Re: Incest And Islam by BOMANY: 2:16am On Sep 07, 2008
Queengeisha:

I'm done with the thread

cheesy  tongue cheesy

I have shut up you in two former threads about Islam, and I promise to keep doing. I wish you good luck next time but you will never get it

cool cool
Re: Incest And Islam by Queenisha: 2:17am On Sep 07, 2008
BOMANY:

cheesy tongue cheesy

I have shut up you in two former threads about Islam, and I promise to keep doing. I wish you good luck next time but you will never get it

cool cool

well not yet.
a hadith to support what i said about suckling

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Salim, the freed slave of Abu Hadhaifa, lived with him and his family in their house. She (i. e. the daughter of Suhail came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Salim has attained (puberty) as men attain, and he understands what they understand, and he enters our house freely, I, however, perceive that something (rankles) in the heart of Abu Hudhaifa, whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said to her: Suckle him and you would become unlawful for him, and (the rankling) which Abu Hudhaifa feels in his heart will disappear. She returned and said: So I suckled him, and what (was there) in the heart of Abu Hudhaifa disappeared.
Sahih Muslim 8:3425

see more
http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/nursing_of_adults.htm
Re: Incest And Islam by Queenisha: 2:19am On Sep 07, 2008
please where did you shut me up?
I've given you hard core proof and you're grasping at straws
Re: Incest And Islam by BOMANY: 2:43am On Sep 07, 2008
Queenisha:

well not yet.

see more

Again,  cheesy cheesy an article by one Sam Shamoun on Christian site

What you do not understand, and will never do, the writers of Hadith, The Prophet's sayings GBPUH, have written all what was said about Islam in all fields and in all aspects even the bloody lies. They believed that Honesty and good faith in Islam made them to do so. However, they differentiated among them which is good and which is lie and explained each one of them and even explained the situation when it happened. That is why we know in recent days everything and every second on Islam from the beginning. While you cannot give detailed history of Christianity and the bible during the first 600 years. It is one of the main differences between Islam and your religion.
However, some of the insane writers used to cut one paragraph from here and another sentence fro there an join it together without mentioning to the reliability of it.
I will go to pray and eat to start fasting, see you

shocked  cool cool
Re: Incest And Islam by Queenisha: 2:49am On Sep 07, 2008
I see you carefully avoided the hadith to proceed with altaquiyyah AKA deceptions.
I'm smarter than that.
Is your anger the fact that the hadiths are in a non Muslim site?
The highest Islamic body in Egypt recently issued a fatwa based on that hadith and suckling palours are now available for woem to suckle their male co workers so that they could work together since they are now haram to each other after that.
I'm sure I'm teaching you things you never heard of.
This whole discusion may be deleted by tomorrow but the memory of the new knowledge will remain with you.
happy fasting wink
Re: Incest And Islam by littleb(m): 9:07am On Sep 07, 2008
@Queenisha,

Queenisha:

well not yet.

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Salim, the freed slave of Abu Hadhaifa, lived with him and his family in their house. She (i. e. the daughter of Suhail came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Salim has attained (puberty) as men attain, and he understands what they understand, and he enters our house freely, I, however, perceive that something (rankles) in the heart of Abu Hudhaifa, whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said to her: Suckle him and you would become unlawful for him, and (the rankling) which Abu Hudhaifa feels in his heart will disappear. She returned and said: So I suckled him, and what (was there) in the heart of Abu Hudhaifa disappeared.

see more

You are claiming ignorantly. You never seek to know the truth. I knew you only copy information from your usual anti-islamic sites and lay claim to it as authentic. What do you know about hadith? Why all muslims worldwide are not practicing the same. In the commentary of this hadith by Imam Al-Qurtubi:

“Salim (in this Hadith) is Salim ibn Ma’qal…Abu Hudhayfa had adopted him in accordance with the customs of the Arabs. He (Salim) had been brought up and raised by Abu Hudhayfa and his wife as their own son. When the verse of the Qur’an “Call them (your adopted children) by (the names of) their (real) fathers….” (Surah al-Ahzab, V: 5) was revealed, the ruling of adopting children was abrogated (in that one can no longer consider an adopted son to be one’s own). However, Salim continued to reside and enter the house of Sahla (the wife of Abu Hudhayfa) as he was a minor. When he grew old and came close to puberty, both Abu Hudhayfa and Sahla disliked the idea of him entering freely upon Sahla, but they found it difficult to mention this to him, given the fact that he had lived with them (and was brought up by them), hence they asked the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) regarding this. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said to Sahla: “Suckle him and you would become unlawful for him, and (the dislike) which Abu Hudhayfa feels in his heart will disappear” hence she suckled him and it so happened (i.e. the dislike of Abu Hudhayfa disappeared)…” (al-Mufhim lima Ashkal min talkhis Kitab Muslim, 4/186, Dar Ibn Kathir print)".

Now, there is authentic testification to this that this is a special consideration for Hudaifa family alone and not general. The kayfiyah(how) the suckle was performed was clealy stated in Al-kitab Atabaqat by Ibn Sad and several other literatures. Summary of this facts are enumerated below:

1. Sahla would pour her breast-milk into a utensil each day for five continuous days and Salim would drink from it as its wrong for him to see her  unclothedness. (Al-kitab Atabqat 8/271 )

2. Suckling does not allowed beyond two years old in acordance with sharia as agreed by scholars and supported by Quran.

3. All the wives of the prophet rejected this idea and consider that of Hudaifa's wife as a special consideration as narated in the following hadith:
  “Umm Salama, the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon
him), used to say that all the wives of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) rejected the idea that one can come to them (without observing the rules of Hijab) with this type of breastfeeding (i.e. the suckling of an adult), hence they said to A’isha (Allah be pleased with her): “By Allah, we do not consider this but a dispensation given by the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) for Salim. No one is to be allowed to enter (our houses) with this type of fosterage(having been suckled after the proper period) and we do not subscribe to this view.” (Sahih Muslim, Bk 8, Number 3429)

In contrary to Queenisha's claim. It is very a grievious sin for a woman to expose her unclothedness to any man differ from those permitted by Allah and suckling is not allowed by adult. Whoever does it and lay claim to this hadith is acting ignorantly which Allah has forwarned us.
Re: Incest And Islam by olabowale(m): 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2008
@Queenisha: « #44 on: Today at 02:49:56 AM »

I see you carefully avoided the hadith to proceed with altaquiyyah AKA deceptions.
I'm smarter than that.

Authenticity of Ahadith must be based on Qur'an and Muhammad (AS), who the Qur'an was revealed on. Can ahadith that allows nudity or sexual pre-intimacy with whoever it is forbidden with, be acepted as authentic? The answer is no, since Qur'an commands against such actions. To therefore suggest it, since Muhammad (AS), the human Legislator of the Qur'an, did not differ from the Qur'an, in his explanation, is therefore deception. You Queenisha are full of deception. I hav asked you in previous post, if you will breast a grown man, so that you become haram to him. You avoided the question.

In surah Azhab, the women are commanded to hide themselves from the lust of the hearts of men, but to speak with firmness towards them, when the opportunity arises, so that being so soft or meek may not be taken or assumed to mean whatever it was not intended. Such a religion under such a prophet could not allow the suckling of grown men, who are always haram to the women in the first place, to bring about halal only in conversation. Queenisha, Duuh!

Therefore considering Prophet Muhammad (AS) who even did not allow a male to sit on the spot where a woman he just saw a trace of disappearing from his view, because the prophet wanted to avoid any sexual though that the man may have about the woman who had sat in there, even though the man did not even see her face. Do you think that such a prophet will now advocate that a grown woman should suckle a grown man! That statement from you and your webmasters is idiotic at best. I will address the issue further below. I love you, but sometimes, you make me soooooooooooooo mad with all your lies! Lol. Maybe i should just let Zainab file a suit against you. An Igbo woman who is a muslim, suing another who is a christian! I will love to see her argue the case against your southern lawyer!

The highest Islamic body in Egypt recently issued a fatwa based on that hadith and suckling palours are now available for woem to suckle their male co workers so that they could work together since they are now haram to each other after that.

Those who will be haram, later in life when suckled are children, whom the woman served as a wetnurse. Already grown men are always haram, except the husband who is halah, can never suddenly be halah to suckle, just because you want them to be haram by doing what is haram in the first place! Breast suckling and handling, and touching are all part of the sexuality procedure between husband and wife. A husband who suckles his wife does not become haram for the wife. And there is nothing wrong in swallowing the milk. Neither the suckling nor the swallowing of the milk thereof negates the relation that they have, since she was never a wetnurse for him regardless of their age difference. Instead it is a good way to express intimacy. You should know that Queenisha. Oh, sorry, you are not a muslim, so you guys miss all of that benefits.

To suggest that Egypt passed a fatwa to make grown men, who are stranger to the women starting out being haram to them, now turn what is haram, breast suckling of grown people except husband, to still then make the men haram for sex, but halah for being alone with, is completely and utterly idiotic and stupid. How is it halah to undertake an action that is haram except that is only halah with the husband and nursing children so that all of a sudden it will be permissable for men and women to feel comfortable in each others companies? Where are the inferences from the Qur'an and the actions of the prophet?

I have an older sister, it is not permissable for me to suckle her breast, yet she is always haram for me to have sex with, but halal for me to be alone with, even without her wearing Hijab, as long as she is not completely nude. And please know that I have spoken to a person about this and no one has ever heard about your egyptian fatwa. Frizy lives in Cairo and am sure he has never heard about this. I will be talking to many in the islamic communities and among them will be matriculated Egyptian and Arabs, later on today. Am certain no one will accept your statement! It is not possible.

How will a woman bare out her breasts to a strange man, for this? Even the decadent USA will not do it, even in nude beaches and places where sex is looked upon, casually. Egypt is considered to be a muslim country, it will not be possible to suggest something like this. That will give the Arab all kinds of excuses to do all that is posible to bring about sex. Will you do it, Queenisha? If you will, I will talk to my brother, your Oga that you are no good.

This whole discusion may be deleted by tomorrow but the memory of the new knowledge will remain with you.
happy fasting

I am hopeful that it will not be deleted. I am hopeful that when it is all said and done, you will be shaken enough, that it will reach your core! Maybe, you will become a muslim, quikly as this conversation will get better, exposing all your lies! lol. Na wah for you o, Queenisha. You no go gree. lol.

Report to moderator Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lover as usual
Re: Incest And Islam by BOMANY: 3:06pm On Sep 07, 2008
BOMANY:

see you

shocked cool cool

May God forgive me, as i said see you without saying Insha'a Allah, by God's Grace

(Nor say of anything, "I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow". Without adding, "So please Allah!" and call thy Lord to mind when thou forgettest, and say, "I hope that my Lord will guide me ever closer (even) than this to the right road" ) 18.23:24
Re: Incest And Islam by BOMANY: 3:17pm On Sep 07, 2008
Queenisha:

I've given you hard core proof and you're grasping at straws

Excuse me sis shocked shocked you have just given balderdash (I will not say piece of sheet as reserving my fasting and to lift up talking standards) as usual and that is what we have been telling you people, Keep your nonsense (I will not say sheet) to yourself otherwise it will be thrown on you back as normal, period.
cool cheesy grin

I gave you facts with numbers and the source is from your own side, so what have you done, you just turned up the discussion to another way as you people used to do. Every time we shut you up you run with your Satan to another way or hidden for a while. However, we are in Ramadan and your Satan cannot help you for now
Re: Incest And Islam by BOMANY: 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2008
Queengeisha:

I see you carefully avoided the hadith

I promised to shut up you Insha'a Allah. Because of you I almost didn't have time to eat my Sohor, but it is ok, I am enjoying it more this way, defeating Human Beings Satans

(But when they are alone, they bite off the very tips of their fingers at you in their rage. Say: "Perish in you rage; Allah knoweth well all the secrets of the heart." 2.119
Re: Incest And Islam by olabowale(m): 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2008
@Queenisha:                                          Al-Azhar fatwa on adult suckling
                                                                        From WikiIslam
                                                                 Jump to: navigation, search
                                                               This article is an essay by Akira.

A spectre is haunting the Islamic world — the spectre of adult suckling. All the powers of Islam have entered into a holy alliance to exorcise this spectre: scholars and politicians, mullahs and intellectuals. They are all struggling to get rid of this spectre which increasingly causes headaches to more and more muslims by exposing some astonishing contradictions in their religion.

Is it halal (allowed) for a Muslim woman to suckle strange men? Moreover, could suckling of adult men help to improve the communication between not related men and woman within a company? A highly recognised holy text of Islam seems to confirm this - according to a scholar from Al-Azhar University, one of the most repudiated universities of the Islamic world!

Contents [hide]
1 Background
2 The Fatwa of an Al-Azhar scholar
3 The holy text in question
4 Waves in the Islamic World - and in the Rest of the World
5 Conclusions
6 References

[edit] Background
In Islamic societies gender segregation is a common practice to avoid any form of adultery. Thus men and women are not advised to stay in the same room if they are alone, and any adult woman is required to wear a veil in public.

Though there are also some Islamic scholars who deny the need to wear a veil in public, it has become common sense in many Islamic countries and societies. In many cases scholars refer to the Surah of the Light:

YUSUF ALI: And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss.
Qur'an 24:31

My Comment: Is there a need for intepretation here? No. It is clear and the Christian should copy from this, instead of giving us the mumbo jumbo called intepretation.

Thus, only if men and women are closely related or married there is no need for gender segregation and hijab. However, it is obvious that the strict application of Islamic law may cause some trouble and difficulties to daily life, particularly concerning business.

For example, if there is a small company employing a man and two women there maybe nothing wrong if they all work in the same room (in some countries, however, such as Saudi Arabia, even this would be strictly prohibited). However, if one of the woman becomes ill for a while, the remaining man and woman cannot work together any more!

In many Islamic societies this would be strictly forbidden, and even if not, man and woman could both face severe criticism, rumours and tittle-tattles. But how can this be avoided?

[edit] The Fatwa of an Al-Azhar scholar
Here comes the head of the Hadith Department in Al-Azhar University, Dr. Izzat Atiyya into play. It has to be noticed, that the Al-Azhar University in Kairo is considered to be the world´s most renowned islamic university for all Sunni muslims.

My comment: And regardless of the esteem consideration and regard of the School, if any opinion comes out of it and has no foundation in Qur'an and authentic Hadith and sunnah, it will not be accepted, and must be rejected. Islam is complete and its not like the others who are always evolving, just as quick as the weather. Climate takes a long time.

Only a few months ago, Dr. Atiyya published a fatwa. According to this verdict the Islamic rules of gender segregation and veiling can be circumvented if the woman suckles the man. Alternatively, the man could also become breastfed by a sister or the mother of the woman.

My comment: Anyone can claim scholarship. But are they truly scholars, especially when their academic opinion is different and completely opposite the essence of what they are drawing their scholarship on? Allah says that mankind should obey Him and His messenger and those in authority among us. But the people in authority have to obey Allah and Muhammad (AS)! From the fatwa of this professor, and the 90, 000 who may be supporting him, we see that they are completely opposite Allah and His prophet (AS), when it comes to sexuality, sensuality, morality and nudity. How can anybody takes this man and his supporters, seriously? This is a joke. The jok is on him and his supporters and the christians and others who will quote him.

The idea behind this ruling is that there is no law for adoption in many Islamic societies. However, a mother-son-relationship can be established by breast-feeding.

My comment: Adoptions where family ties are broken and names are changed without continuinty of heritage is not permissable. This should not therefore be the reason for lewdness as proposed, above.

The scholar of Al-Azhar University explained his ruling in an interview given to Al-Watani Al-Yawm, a weekly newspaper published by Egypt's ruling National Democratic Front party.

According to this interview it was the prophet himself who confirmed that a man and a woman are allowed to be together in private if the man has been breastfed by the woman before.

My Comment: Am very sure it is not a boy who is completely over the age whereby the wetnurse can be of help. Definitely, not sexually matured and ready men.

Then, it must be added that Dr. Abd Al-Mahdi Abd Al-Qadir, just another Al-Azhar scholar, wrote and published a book rendering similar ideas referring on the same Islamic sources.

[edit] The holy text in question
Here is a part of the holy text Dr. Atiyya referred to in an English translation:

My comment: [b]Please consider that the age of the boy is not given, here. It is even assuming that the ahadith is not complete. For the sake of argument, the ahadith can never be Sahih, must be clasified as weak, with a strong affirmation that it is a fabrication. If we take the opposite view and believe that it is an ahadith that it is not weak and not fabricated, we will see that the ahadith was left as incomplete, with the dubious distinction to lie us into the wrong view point, away from Qur'an and the over whelming evidence from other ahadiths and sunnah that will compel us, to know that the truth. We do know that some young boys, as young as betwwen 3 to 5 years old can be aware of sexuality. I know becaus of my very young nephew, who is now 33. The boy or male in the ahadith could have been that young, capable of being left alone to go and come as he wished, in a crimelesss Madina, being freed and no more a slave, a benefit he derived from islam. Since we do not know the age of the boy, could he be even be as young as between 2 and 3? There is no way that a person can prove to me that he was a grown man, say 20 years old when this ahadith was proposed! It would never have been suggested, considering what we know from Qur'an, and all the ahadith that speak against nudity and sexuality with others except with the husband![/b]

It should be added that Dr. Atiyya repeatedly declared that the sources he quoted belonged to the Islamic holy texts with the highest possible authority. According to him no less than 90 000 contemporary scholars confirmed that the hadith referred to is authentic.

My comment: And as lewd as Arabs are, they have not enacted this ahadith all these centuaries? And even noew that the fatwa is proposed, not passed, everyone is completely against it, yet the muslims are quick to jump to the chances of marrying more than 1 wife? Queenisha, if this is not a way to have concubines, i don't know what is. Yet the Arabs are avoiding the chance, it is a pointer to the fact that they may culturally loose, just like my Yoruba, but they at least know that it is not islamic. How do you now defend all the sexual lies you have told about the prophet, considering that those who follow him, the muslims are morally and ethically inferior to him?

[edit] Waves in the Islamic World - and in the Rest of the World
The fatwa released by Dr. Atiyya and the book of Dr. Abd Al-Mahdi Abd Al-Qadir raised many questions and caused harsh reactions by many muslims:

Is it really an appropriate solution to suckle an adult to avoid the veil and gender segregation in islamic companies?

Can muslims throughout the world still rely on the knowledge of Al-Azhar scholars?

Can muslims throughout the world still rely on the holy texts of Islam - and even on the wisdom of their prophet?

According to the Institut für Islamfragen in Germany there have been 60 books about that subject published in Egypt alone. They are also stating that there were already foreign women renouncing from Islam because of the discussion.

My comment: The lying author is at it again. Foreign women, he says. All women and men are equal before Allah. And Islam is not an Arab only or middle eastern only religion! All your question belongs to your foolish mind. If the Foreign nationals, according to his lingo, whse culture is wild in a contemporary sense about sex, just like doctors are wild about sex compared to nuns, we should note that everyone who truly is a muslim must agree that Islam can never advocate and accept such a terrible process to only rectify in a fake way what continues to be haram! The owner of this web must be a terrible liar!

Obviously many women who work are scared that they might become harassed. Others regard it as disgusting to breastfed strange men in order to get the permission to work with him.

The Muslim Brotherhood criticised the fatwa harshly and brought the matter even to the parliament, thus putting pressure on the Egyptian government also.

The leaders of Al-Azhar University rejected the fatwa as well and suspended Dr. Atiyya.

There are also discussions about the hadith quoted by Dr. Atiyya. Most scholars still regard it as authentic, but there are also voices that it may be a fake.

My Comment: See Queenisha, and i thought i can trust you. You disappoint me. You completely avoided this part. lol.

There are now many efforts by political and religious authorities to stop the debate. However, this is not an easy task since the quoted sources belong to the holiest texts of Islam.

Therefore most political and religious leaders call for a thoughtful approach to the holy texts. Fatwas should agree with logic and common sense and ancient texts should not be misused for thrilling headlines.

[edit] Conclusions
The issue clearly exposes many doubts and questions concerning Islam. Are the holy texts of Islam really as reliable as considered by the Muslim world?

We must ask this question since the Islam is the main source for law in many Muslim countries and there are many muslims who still believe that their Islamic law is derived from god and therefore it is supposed to be superior to any law made by humans.

My comment: We can see that this guy has no respect for God, since he is concluding that the law of man is probably superior.

However, if we take a look at the fatwa of Dr. Atiyya and the hadith quoted by him, we can clearly see that there is no divine logic behind it. For many people, it just looks like twisted logic - if there is any logic at all.

A woman is forced to wear a veil to prevent herself from becoming harassed. To avoid the veil, she has to breastfeed a strange man.

Does this improve the life of anybody?

My Comment: Please tell me how you arrived at 3 godheads if you are christian, in the face of Mark 12 Verse 29, and others which argue that God Lord is One, and Jesus is not it?
Re: Incest And Islam by olabowale(m): 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2008
@Bomany: May Allah accept all your good efforts, Amin.
Re: Incest And Islam by BOMANY: 4:46pm On Sep 07, 2008
Queengeisha:
The highest Islamic body in Egypt recently issued a fatwa based on that hadith

I gave you a sincere advice, if you want to get FATWA, get it from Muslim website and if you don't find it ask a real Muslim about what you heard from illiterate deceiving site.

Role NUMBER ONE, DON'T EVER START A DEBATE THAT YOU CANNOT FINISH OR DON’T KNOW THE END. You know that you have come to the trap by yourself. I was in Egypt when all talks started about that Hadith, so I know all the story but do you? Obviously not. I will give it to you totally

cool shocked
Re: Incest And Islam by BOMANY: 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2008
Queengeisha:

This whole discusion may be deleted by tomorrow but the memory of the new knowledge will remain with you

I am sure too that you discovered that all those illetrate websites are decieveing you, and I am sure or let's say I hope that God will guide you to perceive the true path in time

(The forgiveness is not for those who do ill-deeds until, when death attendeth upon one of them, he saith: Lo! I repent now; nor yet for those who die while they are disbelievers. For such We have prepared a painful doom.) 4.18

Queengeisha:

happy fasting wink

Thanks  cool
Re: Incest And Islam by BOMANY: 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2008
olabowale:

@Bomany: May Allah accept all your good efforts, Amin.

Ameen, and you too my brother , Littlb and all Muslim brothers and sisters, May Allah accept all our good deeds, AMEEN

Thanks
kiss
Re: Incest And Islam by BOMANY: 11:53pm On Sep 07, 2008
Queenisha:

My brother olabowale has explained more than enough the Islamic judge on that Hadith and Fatwa. However, let me tell you the complete story, because it is a good lesson that every Muslim should be taught.

FIRST OF ALL, THE MAN WHO ISSUED THIS FATWA WAS WORKING IN ALAZHAR UNIVERSITY NOT ALAZHAR INSTITUTION.
There is a quite big difference between both of them. Al-azhar Institution, which Egyptians call it Al-azhar Mosque, is the highest Islamic institution in Egypt and probably in Sunnah world and  its Imam is the highest Islamic position in Egypt. Al-azhar Mosque is established in 972. Of course as all Muslims know, in Islam and especially in Sunnah world, no one has superiority on Muslims attitudes and behaviors except their faith but the Imam of Al-azhar has moral advantage from his position especially that he used to be chosen from the highest educated Imams.
While Al-azhar university is a just a university that teaches religious sciences amongst many other sciences as medicine, engineering, commerce, media ….etc. The recent university is one of the Ministry of High Educations' parastatals, and established in 1961. 
In last year 2007, a doctor in Al-azhar University, was asked suspiciously that there is Hadith in Sahih Muslim about breast feeding between adults and if the PREDICATION or attribution of this Hadith is correct and good.

For explanation, there are certain rules to judge Hadith if it is good or bad, correct or fake. One of these rules the PREDICATION, which means to scrutinize the bearers or those who said that Hadith one by one and see for example if their consecution is correct, if any one of them is less reliability even if he said one bad Hadith. In fact, Hadith science is very wide and specializing and there is an obvious rule that only specialized Imams in Hadith should talk about Hadith or judge it. Books of Hadith contains hundreds of Hadith that are correct PREDICATION but false context. The most famous books of Hadith are Sahih Bukhary, which is higher grade, and Sahih Muslim. The highest Hadith grade are the examined, confirmed and come from both Sahih Bukhary and Sahih Muslim together, then what are in Bukhary alone then what are in Sahih Muslim alone then what are in other books. However, we should know that the writers of Hadith book collected all kinds of Hadith whatever correct or false and then they started discussing each one by the Hadith sceintific rules to judge it whether it is correct or false. They did so to inform Muslims about both correct Hadith to adopt and false Hadith to avoid. So, it doesnt mean that a Hadith in Sahih Muslim and Bukhary shall be correct automatically. First we should know the writers' judgement on it and see the judgemnet of the specialists in Hadith science.

There is a funny but significant story used to be said to prove how the collectors of Hadith had so tough terms and conditions in acceptance and refusing Hadith. One thousand years ago, a collector of Hadith in Medina (Saudi Arabia now) heard that there was some one in Basra (Iraq now) had some Hadith, so he traveled hundred of miles to see what he had. After long days of traveling, he met the man. However, before discussing anything he saw the man using grass in his hand to catch his goat. Then surprisingly the collector just stood up and returned immediately home. The other man asked him why he is going home before hearing from him, the collector said a man tries to deceive his goat to catch her by grass is not trusted enough to say Hadith.

Other rules include congruity or accordance and contradiction with Quran, congruity or accordance and contradiction with other Hadith and the Prophet's Sunnah (way in life) God's Blessings and Peace Upon Him, congruity or accordance and contradiction with LOGIC, congruity or accordance and contradiction with REALITY and many other rules.

Back to that Fatwa, the doctor, Ezzat Atyiah, said that the PREDICATION is correct so the Hadith is correct, despite he is not specialized in Hadith science. He was asked about the tellers of that Hadith and he answered that it is correct without asking other Imams who are specialized in Hadith. That Fatwa provoked wide argument about it and his competence to issue it.

Then (22-May-2207) Al-azhar High Council, the highest council of Ulama (scientists) in Al-azhar, announced that Fatwa is contradicted to all Islamic rules. The next day, Al-azhar University suspended that man and opened interrogation with him and wide investigation about that Fatwa.

During the investigation, that man announced a statement that he drew back his Fatwa after he discovered that it is incorrect especially that he is not specialist in issuing Fatwa nor in Hadith science.

On 19 September 2007, Al-azhar University declared the decision of its long time and wide investigation. The decision was dismissing that man from his position in the university. The university announced that man violated the Islamic rules to judge Hadith as he is not specialist in Hadith, and he said in the investigation that he asked other Imams in that hadith which has not happened.
Re: Incest And Islam by BOMANY: 11:54pm On Sep 07, 2008
QUEENGEISHA:

This is the whole story. A man made a mistake and he was corrected after full scientific investigation. You could have got it correctly if you want. Instead of searching through your illiterate suspicious deceiving websites, you would search on internet to know the whole story. Most of news websites, e.g. Reuters, published it. Perhaps you did that but you chose to show the false edition. You chose to lie which is enough to mindful people to judge you and all your balderdash.

As I promised you to tell the whole story, Alhamdu Lellah I did and as I promised to shut up you and other fleshy Satans, Insha Allah I will do.

(Have you not considered those to whom a portion of the Book has been given? They buy error and desire that you should go astray from the way) 4.44
(They desire to put out the light of God with their mouths, and God will not consent save to perfect His light, though the unbelievers are averse) 9.32

cool cool cheesy cheesy
Re: Incest And Islam by Queenisha: 2:35am On Sep 08, 2008
Usually when one is speaking the truth,you don't have to shout to the roof tops to be heard.
Bomany said earlier there was nothing like suckling a male in Islam and I produced several Sahih hadoths,he disappeared and reappered with phoney explanations.
This is the hadith again where Mohammed asked a woman to suckle ie breastfeed her male "houseguest"

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Salim, the freed slave of Abu Hadhaifa, lived with him and his family in their house. She (i. e. the daughter of Suhail came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Salim has attained (puberty) as men attain, and he understands what they understand, and he enters our house freely, I, however, perceive that something (rankles) in the heart of Abu Hudhaifa, [b]whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said to her: Suckle him and you would become unlawful for him, and (the rankling) which Abu Hudhaifa feels in his heart will disappear. She returned and said: So I suckled him, and what (was there) in the heart of Abu Hudhaifa disappeared.[/b]Sahih Muslim 8:3425

see more

and this is your best explanation @ olabs copied from some site.

My comment: Please consider that the age of the boy is not given, here. It is even assuming that the ahadith is not complete. For the sake of argument, the ahadith can never be Sahih, must be clasified as weak, with a strong affirmation that it is a fabrication. If we take the opposite view and believe that it is an ahadith that it is not weak and not fabricated, we will see that the ahadith was left as incomplete, with the dubious distinction to lie us into the wrong view point, away from Qur'an and the over whelming evidence from other ahadiths and sunnah that will compel us, to know that the truth. We do know that some young boys, as young as betwwen 3 to 5 years old can be aware of sexuality. I know becaus of my very young nephew, who is now 33. The boy or male in the ahadith could have been that young, capable of being left alone to go and come as he wished, in a crimelesss Madina, being freed and no more a slave, a benefit he derived from islam. Since we do not know the age of the boy, could he be even be as young as between 2 and 3? There is no way that a person can prove to me that he was a grown man, say 20 years old when this ahadith was proposed! It would never have been suggested, considering what we know from Qur'an, and all the ahadith that speak against nudity and sexuality with others except with the husband!

See how you guys can be so verbose hoping to confuse your readers with a multitude of words.
I'm a whole lot smarter than that. wink
Questions

1. How can your responder place the boy at 2 or 3, when the hadith clearly states he had attained puberty?
do you suppose that we didn't see that? Do your men reach puberty at 2 and 3?

2. Assuming he was 2 for the sake of this exercise, would a grown woman be concerned that a 2 year year old would be having the hots for her necessitating it to be a concern such that allah's prophet would propose a remedy to forestall this?

are you kidding me?

then littleb says this

Salim (in this Hadith) is Salim ibn Ma’qal…Abu Hudhayfa had adopted him in accordance with the customs of the Arabs. He (Salim) had been brought up and raised by Abu Hudhayfa and his wife as their own son. When the verse of the Qur’an “Call them (your adopted children) by (the names of) their (real) fathers….” (Surah al-Ahzab, V: 5) was revealed, the ruling of adopting children was abrogated (in that one can no longer consider an adopted son to be one’s own). However, Salim continued to reside and enter the house of Sahla (the wife of Abu Hudhayfa) as he was a minor. When he grew old and came close to puberty, both Abu Hudhayfa and Sahla disliked the idea of him entering freely upon Sahla, but they found it difficult to mention this to him, given the fact that he had lived with them (and was brought up by them), hence they asked the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) regarding this. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said to Sahla: “Suckle him and you would become unlawful for him, and (the dislike) which Abu Hudhayfa feels in his heart will disappear” hence she suckled him and it so happened (i.e. the dislike of Abu Hudhayfa disappeared)…” (al-Mufhim lima Ashkal min talkhis Kitab Muslim, 4/186, Dar Ibn Kathir print)".

Now, there is authentic testification to this that this is a special consideration for Hudaifa family alone and not general. The kayfiyah(how) the suckle was performed was clealy stated in Al-kitab Atabaqat by Ibn Sad and several other literatures. Summary of this facts are enumerated below:

1. Sahla would pour her breast-milk into a utensil each day for five continuous days and Salim would drink from it as its wrong for him to see her  unclothedness. (Al-kitab Atabqat 8/271 )

2. Suckling does not allowed beyond two years old in acordance with sharia as agreed by scholars and supported by Quran.

3. All the wives of the prophet rejected this idea and consider that of Hudaifa's wife as a special consideration as narated in the following hadith:
  “Umm Salama, the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon
him), used to say that all the wives of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) rejected the idea that one can come to them (without observing the rules of Hijab) with this type of breastfeeding (i.e. the suckling of an adult), hence they said to A’isha (Allah be pleased with her): “By Allah, we do not consider this but a dispensation given by the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) for Salim. No one is to be allowed to enter (our houses) with this type of fosterage(having been suckled after the proper period) and we do not subscribe to this view.” (Sahih Muslim, Bk 8, Number 3429)

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
This is getting downright ridiculous
At least you start off truthfully agreeing that the child was not a 2 year old unlike olabowale's copied explanation would want us to believe
but then you tell us the "breastfeeding" was only to children under the age of 2?
Yet you call their's a special circumstance.
It is special because the woman sucked a grown up here ? since Aisha (by your own words) rejected this type of breast feeding.
Then you turn a corner and tell us the woman poured her breast milk in a cup for the boy to drink when the hadith says nothing of such.
Or do you suppose that any grown woman with breasts can express breast milk whenever she wills? shocked shocked shocked shocked

In case you don't know,this is the dictionary definition of suckle
v[b].   tr.

To cause or allow to take milk at the breast or udder; nurse.
To take milk at the breast or udder of.
To take in as sustenance; have as nourishment.
To nourish as if with the milk of the breast; nurture: "a pagan suckled in a creed outworn" (William Wordsworth). [/b]

The word is an old one and whatever desciption you give it to make it sound politically correct will not help you.
To suckle is to suck at the breast not to drink from a cup.

You are not deceiving anyone here and neither are your authors. wink
The act of suckling requires latching unto a nipple with or without milk. lipsrsealed
With milk because it's referring to a baby.
Re: Incest And Islam by Queenisha: 2:46am On Sep 08, 2008
Book 008, Number 3428:

Zainab daughter of Abu Salama reported: I heard Umm Salama, the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon himy, saying to 'A'isha: By Allah, I do not like to be seen by a young boy who has passed the period of fosterage, whereupon she ('A'isha) said: Why is it so? Sahla daughter of Suhail came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger, I swear by Allah that I see in the face of Abu Hudhaifa (the signs of disgust) on account of entering of Salim (in the house), whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Suckle him. She (Sahla bint Suhail) said: He has a beard. But he (again) said: Suckle him, and it would remove what is there (expression of disgust) on the face of Abu Hudhaifa. She said: (I did that) and, by Allah, I did not see (any sign of disgust) on the face of Abu Hadhaifa.

olabowole,the 2 year old get bia bia? shocked shocked shocked shocked
wonders shall never cease
Re: Incest And Islam by codebase: 7:04am On Sep 08, 2008
Let me start with a poser for the christians on this thread,

Can I marry my mother?[b][/b]

Please answer my question quoting relevant verses from your bible? preferably from the new testament?

Please answer as soon as possible and dont run away. Before I start calling the names of some christians on this thread
Re: Incest And Islam by codebase: 7:43am On Sep 08, 2008
@Queenisha

Control your imaginations and we muslims explain the meaning of this Hadith,

Yes the narration is correct, good and sound.

But in islam we understand textual evdences relative to other evidences talking about the issues. We dont just allow our imagination to run wild(I know this may be difficult for you to do).

Firstly, like my brother said suckling that makes someone a relative is suckling before the age of two, and we know this from the following narration

For breast-feeding to have the effect of making a child a relative (mahram), two conditions must be met:

(1) The number of breast-feedings should be five or more, because of the hadith of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her), who said: "When the Qur’an was first revealed, the number of breast-feedings that would make a child a relative (mahram) was ten, then this was abrogated and replaced with the number of five which is well-known." (Reported by Muslim, no. 1452).

(2) This should happen within the first two years of the child’s life, because of the hadith: "Harmalah ibn Yahya told us that ‘Abdullah ibn Wahb told us that Ibn Lahimah informed us from Abu al-Aswad from ‘Urwah from ‘Abdullah ibn al-Zubayr that the Messenger of Allah (Peace & Blessings of Allah be Upon Him) said: "There is no breast-feeding except what fills the stomach to bursting point." (Reported by Ibn Maajah, no. 1946; see also Saheeh al-Jaami‘, no. 7495

So we know all this the how do understand the text of the hadith of salim the freed salve of Abu Hudaifah.

Then we go back to the understanding of those present at time, Aisha believed that the ruling was general while the other wives of the prophet believed it was specific to that instance.

The opinion that most of the scholars after them hold is that it was specific to that instance and you know the were over 10,000 people alive at time who are considered companions of the prophet and who must have heard of this case and we have no other evidence that it was ever put to practice by them or any other generation of muslims after them then what suffices for them should also suffice for us.

We owe nobody any explanation because it was our prophet who said this like the Qu'raan told us "He doesnt speak from his desire"

About openly breastfeeding the freed slave Salim, no muslim worth his onions who ever say this because we and you christian no how the muslims oppose any form of indecent exposure. Since the how of the issue was not explained then we should only assume that it was done in conformity with what islam allows the muslim to do.
Re: Incest And Islam by littleb(m): 11:05am On Sep 08, 2008
Queenisha:

Book 008, Number 3428:

Zainab daughter of Abu Salama reported: I heard Umm Salama, the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon himy, saying to 'A'isha: By Allah, I do not like to be seen by a young boy who has passed the period of fosterage, whereupon she ('A'isha) said: Why is it so? Sahla daughter of Suhail came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger, I swear by Allah that I see in the face of Abu Hudhaifa (the signs of disgust) on account of entering of Salim (in the house), whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Suckle him. She (Sahla bint Suhail) said: He has a beard. But he (again) said: Suckle him, and it would remove what is there (expression of disgust) on the face of Abu Hudhaifa. She said: (I did that) and, by Allah, I did not see (any sign of disgust) on the face of Abu Hadhaifa.

olabowole,the 2 year old get bia bia? shocked shocked shocked shocked
wonders shall never cease

@Queenisha,

I think you should perfect your intention being free from hatred whatsoever. If anybody could have responded base on scholars' veiw on the hadith, it is to the step of Ijtihad prophet Muhammad permitted us. It is never a sin if you are right or wrong in its application as long as you don't against the injunction according to the Quran. Moreover, there is no problem to us as regards to this hadith as it is not a usual practice even during the life of the prophet and after all, it was never followed by shaaba after his demise.

In clear fact, if an hadith is sought to have contradicted to what Quran says or the meaning is ambiguous or genuine, it is subjected to the opinion of the scholars (ijtihad) according to sharia. Thus, the response of every muslim on the hadith you quoted in this thread. Whichever, what Allah(SWA) says in this regards is that whenever there is such ambiguity, turn back to the book of Allah, that is, the Qur'an. It is in its light you can find the correct guidance to what you differ as there is no reliabiltiy in any hadith that against what is revealed in the Qur'an.

Nevertheless, it is very wrong to breastfeed an adult and it is forbidden for a man to see the nudity of woman that doesn't belong to him according to Islam. Thanks for exposing such hadith for discussion like this. More of it are welcome in a more decent presentation.

In a matter regarding incest. Islam never habor such practice. All the relatives that can marry each other have been clearly explained in several posts on this thread. Any contrary view base on what you read in the Quran or hadith should be clarified.

Now according to what you believe, how do you see incest with references in contrary to what Islam says?
Re: Incest And Islam by Queenisha: 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2008
you have all carefully avoided my response.
How could a 2 year old have bia bia?
Re: Incest And Islam by littleb(m): 7:10pm On Sep 08, 2008
@Queenisha,

The issue regarding the hadith has been clearly explain to you. Provide an answer to my Question.

according to what you believe, how do you see incest with references in contrary to what Islam says?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Islam Frowns At Illegal Dumping / The Power Of Forgiveness / How To Apply Patience When Faced With Trials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.