Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,843 members, 7,813,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

A Tribute To Rev. John Mark Ikpiki - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Tribute To Rev. John Mark Ikpiki (3780 Views)

Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / Mattew VS John,Mark,Luke: A contradictory gospel (Part1) / An Open Letter To Rev Stephen Akinola,G.O Redemption Ministries PH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tribute To Rev. John Mark Ikpiki by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:44am On Sep 04, 2008
Wednesday, 03 September 2008
CATHOLIC faithful in Delta State were, yesterday morning, thrown into a mourning mood as a five man gang of robbers shot dead Rev. Fr. John Mark Ikpiki of the Saint Ambrose Cathedral, Ekpan, Uvwie council area of the state, and three mobile policemen. The incident occurred at Isiokolo, headquarters of Ethiope East Council of Delta State where the robbers made away with the cleric's Hyundai Elantra salon car with registration number EH 447 SMK, which they later abandoned at Orhuwhorum in Udu council area of the state.
The slain Rev. Father was reportedly going on an assignment to settle an accident case involving one of the vehicles when he met his untimely death.
When Vanguard visited the Saint Ambrose Cathedral, Ekpan, the church's faithful were wearing gloomy faces with people discussing the ugly event in hush tones.
Eyewitness account said the cleric was dragged out of his car before he was shot in the head. Although sympathizers rushed him to the nearby hospital, he was certified dead on arrival.
Until his death, Rev. Fr. John Mark Ikpiki was the Director of Communications, Warri Diocese of the Catholic Church.
Reacting to the killing, the Archbishop and Administrative Head of Warri Diocese, Archbishop Richard Burke, expressed shock over the act, wondering why such a tragic incident should happen to a "totally man of the gospel who was sent to do his legitimate assignment in that area, under the nose of the police who were on duty on the road".
Said he: "My immediate reaction is one of deep shock, profound sadness and grief. My heart goes out to the family members of late Father John Mark Ikpiki and also to all my catholic brothers and priests. It is with a deep sense of shock and grief. So, my heart goes out to them. My heart also goes out to the members of St. Ambrose Parish and his colleagues and associates in Verias Communications, which is the communication organ of the Archdiocese.
It is senseless and tragic that such an incident should happen to a completely totally innocent man of the gospel who was sent to do his legitimate assignment in that area. In the twinkle of an eye, in the spate of a few seconds, his life was taken away from him.
In summary he a great guy and a fighter for the poor, feel free to drop your thoughts.
Re: A Tribute To Rev. John Mark Ikpiki by dgratrock: 4:43pm On Sep 10, 2008
God rest his soul. amen
Re: A Tribute To Rev. John Mark Ikpiki by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2008
Although i am not a catholic, i sometimes watch your program on Delta Tv, and the few ones i have watched ,have been very impacting on me.So i say
ADIEU REVD FATHER JOHN MARK IKPIKI

ADIEU MY GOOD FRIEND!

MAY HIS GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE.

sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: A Tribute To Rev. John Mark Ikpiki by OvoNicely(m): 10:38am On Oct 02, 2008
Rev. John Mark Emuejevoke Ikpiki is a wonderful man,a God sent PRIEST! His death is so painful but, i thank God for giving me the chance of knowing one of his Saints on a one-on-one basis. We will once again gather to bid him farewell today in my parish (St. Ambrose Catholic Church,Ekpan-Warri). The Diocese of Warri will gather to mark "a months mind".(one month in mind)

Rest In Peace PADRE!

Otarigho Ovo

Re: A Tribute To Rev. John Mark Ikpiki by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 10, 2015
RIP

(1) (Reply)

How Old Was Mary When She Gave Birth To Jesus? / Why My Prophecies Didn't Come To Pass- Apostle Suleiman / Suggest A Book/ Book Reviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.