Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard (38081 Views)

Lagos Government To Execute Rev King And Others On Death Row / The World Will Rather Sink Than For Rev. King To Die – Pastor / "I Served Rev. King Stark-Unclad,With No Pant Or Bra For 7 Years" - Former Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by catchfun: 9:19am On Feb 27, 2016
Ndigbo Cultural Society of Nigeria (NCSN) has called on the Federal Government of Nigeria to spare the life on Rev. Chukwuemeka Ezeugo, the General Overseer of Christian Praying Assembly.

Leader of the group, Chief Udo Udeogaranya, made the appeal after the Supreme Court threw out Rev King’s appeal against the death sentence passed on him in 2007 by a Lagos High Court presided over by Justice Joseph Oyewole.
The group begged President Muhammadu Buhari to “commute the sentence and grant him pardon as Nigeria stands to gain nothing by shedding blood.”

“This plea is premised on the ground that many Nigerians still hold Rev. Ezeugo as their spiritual leader even in various prisons and that the initial trial in Lagos as purportedly put forward by his lawyer Mr. Olalekan Ojo and published by national dailies was a miscarriage of justice in which the lawyer made certain points that demanded a second thought.

“Ojo argued that his client did not commit the crime and was not at the scene of the incident.
“He insisted that the deceased, Ann Uzoh, had in two statements she made after the incident and before her death, stated that she got burnt in a generator accident and that the cleric was not responsible for her injuries.
“Ojo said the Investigating Police Officer, IPO, had tendered statements which stated that Ezeugo was not responsible for the burns that led to Uzoh’s death.

“He alleged that the trial Judge refused to admit in evidence, the statements he said exonerated Ezeugo of the crime.
The lawyer further contended that “had those ‘vital exhibits’ been admitted rather than expunged by the trial judge, they would have operated to cast serious doubt on the case of the prosecution.
“He maintained that Justice Oyewole’s refusal to admit the exhibits in evidence ‘occasioned a great miscarriage of justice’ against his client.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/27/nigeria-will-gain-nothing-by-killing-rev-king-igbo-group-begs-buhari-for-pardon/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by catchfun: 9:20am On Feb 27, 2016
Rev don die already

62 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by dkronicle(m): 9:24am On Feb 27, 2016
De should Burn him gone.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by RuJay: 9:25am On Feb 27, 2016
He shuld dieeeeeeee aaaah Ndi lgbo sef

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by daomi(m): 9:45am On Feb 27, 2016
Una don start again yiboo!

172 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by porshuch: 11:23am On Feb 27, 2016
Mr Udeogaranya amadioha should strike you to death. What of the people he killed ,you want their families to come and kiss Rev king and tell him what he did was good. AN EYE FOR AN EYE. EMEKA EZUGO MUST DIE BY HANGING.

131 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by sirbestman(m): 11:32am On Feb 27, 2016
Clear investigations is what am not sure in Nigeria. Things should be done in a good way. That's my own

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by thamoswonder: 12:57pm On Feb 27, 2016
Ken saro wiwa comes to mind

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Skywalker5(m): 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2016
are they serious?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Sijo01(f): 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2016
Too late

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Diesel1(m): 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2016
RuJay:
He shuld dieeeeeeee aaaah Ndi lgbo sef
don't pay evil with evil

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2016
These guys should not bring tribal sentiments to this. It shouldn't be about igbo, yoruba or hausa. It should not be about being a Muslim or a Christian... BUT it should be about what is right and what is wrong

178 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Abduletudaye(m): 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2016
So he should be left alone to do more harm? undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by ExAngel007(f): 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2016
go beg the judges

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by amunkita(m): 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2016
Gawd punish these set of Ndi igbo...
This is the reason we re bashed, because of some few Ediots...

Should we deny justice because of sentiment

Pls I speak on behalf of Ndi Igbo, we don't know this group nd they re not representing our thought...

Group ndi uwa Mmebi...

Signed;
Nwoke onye uwa Mmebi
Ndi igbo common sense makers..

180 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by minasota(f): 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2016
Is he still alive?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Adminisher: 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2016
What is wrong with this tribe?

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2016

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by OXCUBA: 12:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by McMayowa(m): 12:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
Death by hanging, opposite of Jungle justice

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
Hmm
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by AbdulHaram(m): 12:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
Rev King can burn to death for all I care, but please save his beards! angry angry They look quite expensive sad

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Reekadict04: 12:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
cheesy
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by ChappyChase: 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
Am an igbo man but I gladly shoot that devil that calls himself Reverend!!! And I will gladly drive a dagger to the hearts of those foolish igbo group that are sympathetic with him!

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by snika: 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
I'm neither a judge, nor an angel nor God, however, if the Nigerian judiciary forks out a death sentence for King, they should in the same light sentence other people whose actions led to loss of human life.

Rev King and Pastor TB Joshua are both Nigerians
Their action both led to loss of human lives
Rev King was immediately arrested and remanded in prison
TB Joshua has failed to answer several court summons

I repeat, I don't have any say for justice neither am I worthy to stand in the presence of God due to my sins, but I will always say: what is good for the geese is good for the gander. Nobody should be treated higher than anybody in the face of the law.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by lawal28c: 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
mehn to some extent son Igbo's dey fuckup oooo

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by banmee(m): 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by DickDastardly(m): 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
All this useless igbo organisations sef...... So make the killer go free na?

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by ednut1(m): 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
he should be hanged abeg. Buhari pls introduce TSA for churches grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by dovie002(m): 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
Erin lor!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by ChappyChase: 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
AbdulHaram:
Rev King can burn to death for all I care, but please save his beards! angry angry They look quite expensive sad
Hahahahahhahahaha!!!
You don kill me oo!
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Marshallian(m): 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
Sorry..... The bus driver is waiting at the gate.... I don't think he can't any longer.....

No time o

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? / Stephanie Otobo's Mother & Sister At Apostle Suleman's Church To Beg (Video) / Bomb Blast In Jos: St Finbarrs Catholic Church, Rayfield!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.