Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! (1474 Views)

Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) / Save This Baby Please! (Very Urgent) / Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! by mycutiepie(f): 10:14am On Sep 07, 2005
A four-month-old baby, Master Israel Fasoyin, is currently on anger list at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), following a hole in his heart. Doctors say he has about seven weeks to live, within which a surgery must be carried out on him.

Little Fasoyin is the first child of a couple, who waited for 12 years for the proverbial fruit of the womb.
Due to the fact that the surgery to rectify little Faroyin’s heart can’t be done in Nigeria, he has been referred to Israel or India. However, availability of funds for the surgery would determine whether little Fasoyin will live or not as a whooping $9000 or roughly N2 million is required. His father, a radiographer and the mother, a teacher, cannot afford this whooping sum.

In a statement made available to Daily Sun, the consulting pediatrician at LUTH stated that Master Fasoyin has Dysmorphic features, a condition suggestive of Carpenter Syndrome and artrio-ventricular canal defect and therefore requires surgery within seven weeks to avoid complications.

Speaking with Daily Sun, little Fasoyin’s mother, Mrs. Temitayo Fasoyin, said, "the baby has a hole in the heart, that is his problem. This was disclosed to us by the consulting pediatrician in charge of the baby. The boy will need a surgery abroad, maybe in India, Israel or South Africa because they don’t do pediatric (children) heart surgery here in Nigeria.

"We need help because we cannot afford it. We need between N1.6 and N2 million for the surgery. That can accommodate the cost of the surgery, flight and lodging. I am a teacher, I cannot afford it."
The father of the baby, Mr. Shola Fasoyin, a radiographer in a private hospital, told Daily Sun, "financially, we are spent. In fact, God helped us through some families. My wife had the baby through caesarian section. I cannot foot the bill, the whole of my family and my wife’s family put together cannot foot the bill. I want the public to help us before it is too late."

He said: "The consulting pediatrician in charge told us that the surgery should be done urgently so that the baby will not develop complications. It is urgent. The baby has to do the surgery within the next seven weeks," adding: "I have made contact with a hospital in India through internet, the survival rate of pediatric heart surgery there is 97 percent. They told me the cost and said whenever we are ready I should send them a mail, they will come to the airport over there to pick us. I am asking for assistance, we need roughly N2 million."

Explaining the possible reason the baby has a hole in the heart, Dr. Remi Ajekigbe, consultant Radiotherapist and Onchologist, LUTH, said that congenital malformation is expected where both parents are old, especially the mother.

He said, "the women is 44 and this is her first baby, that is the most probable reason for the hole in the heart of the baby. In medical circle, we usually expect such malformations from babies born from such mothers or parent that have aged. If there is no congenital malformation from such parents we thank God, but if there is, we are not surprised."

source: The Sun Online
Re: This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! by mycutiepie(f): 10:15am On Sep 07, 2005
It's so sad  :noo and we have the resources and money in the country to provide such care to the less priviledge babies. Well, am trying to gather some money to assist the poor baby, please and please this baby must not die, let's help one of the leaders of tomorrow live.God bless you all, olorun oni je ka ri idamu lori omo o.
Re: This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! by Greatpeter(m): 11:18am On Sep 07, 2005
This a saddened news, I read on the Sun newspaper just this morning.

I pray it survives in Jesus name - amen. cry
Re: This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! by Latoya(f): 2:06am On Sep 08, 2005
cry cry cry That baby will save in jesus name
can i get amen
Re: This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! by da808cutie(f): 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2005
Amen
Re: This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! by Greatpeter(m): 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2005
How do we help the family out please?
Re: This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! by mycutiepie(f): 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2005
Greatpeter:

How do we help the family out please?
I have been trying to get a hospital that could do the surgery for a leser amount but the whole hurricane thing going on in the states has made it a bit tougher and betterstill we could all do a fundraising thing for the lil' baby, evry kobo/dime will surely go along way. Wat do you think?

And can anyone get me the contact of the babys parents or the hospital he is been admitted cos a friend of mine and i sent a mail to The sun but they never replied. So Pls help angry
Re: This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! by hotangel2(f): 6:51am On Sep 14, 2005
This is sad. That baby shall not die in Jesus name. Any form of online donation? Paypal would do.. as long as i am sure the money is going to the baby.
Re: This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! by Chinyere(f): 12:37pm On Oct 12, 2005
I pray for God's intervention. That baby is health and therefore must live. For God has given him divine healing. All the same, if he is still in the country, [i][/i]how could one's donation get to his parents?
Re: This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! by loveth(f): 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2005
Eyaaaaaaaaaaaa very sorry ooooooooooo
the only thing is to ask God to have mercy on them.
And heal them.
Re: This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! by snazzydawn(f): 11:13am On Nov 29, 2005
Poor baby...its so annoying when I see things like this.Just $9000,and thief Alamieyseigha and other looters sorry,leaders,are busy looting our treasury yet this child is dying(is he still alive).It breaks my heart to see children suffer like this.I really think we should have a kind of like nairaland bank where all the money goes to these cases.
Re: This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! by loveth(f): 2:33pm On Dec 01, 2005
What a pity.
Re: This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! by 1ofall(f): 3:36pm On Dec 13, 2005
This is sooo sad. Does anyone know wha has happened?
I 've only read of this here now.
Re: This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! by nicetohave(m): 12:45am On Dec 15, 2005
would like to know too....mycutiepie, any follow up on this issue/article?
Re: This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! by tosinadeda: 1:54pm On Dec 14, 2007
Latoya:

cry cry cry That baby will save in jesus name
can i get amen

na by that one people can be funny sha
Re: This Baby Has Seven Weeks To Live!!! by Ajike: 2:56pm On Dec 14, 2007
My heart is bleeding as am writing this note cry, i hate seeing small children suffer like this. oh! i wish i have this millions. Anyway I pray that God in His infinite mercies show this child favour that wil supercede human understanding in Jesus name (Ameeeeeeeeeeen).

@snazzydawn

" I really think we should have a kind of like nairaland bank where all the money goes to these cases."

I think so my bro

(1) (Reply)

Indian Health Care In Nigeria / Help Save Oyewole Bisola / Female Infertility Causes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.