Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,957 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated (3009 Views)

RRS Nabs LAWMA Officials For Stealing Streetlight Cables / Sultan Of Sokoto To Buhari: Corrupt Officials Should Go To Jail / Negligence of duty by pubilc servants:LAWMA Officials Fishing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by MAYSAMUEL(m): 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2008
On my way to work this morning, a truck belonging to the Lagos State Waste Management Authority was directly in front of my car and i saw inside the truck young and amiable men who work day and night to make our state a pride to all, but what really baffles me is when a friend said they are paid little or nothing for all this effort, the take home don't even take them home.

Is so unfortunate that those we ought to appreciate are those we neglect. I as a person can not do that job but i appreciate and will do all in my power to encourage any body who takes aside shame and do the job

Nairalanders please when next you see LAWMA officials on the high ways on even on the streets, please try to encourage them with a smile if that is all you can afford, and if you see them stranded most especially on the 3rd Mainland bridge please help them to the next bus stop if you have a car, i do that often and i know they don't stink.
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by c33b33(m): 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2008
Guy!you are great!my uncle told a one day strike by refuse workers in UK made his street stink!let us try & appreciate those guys
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by smartsoft(m): 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2008
true word, ! i will do just that if i drive close to them even though na N200 each dem go get
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by defemz(m): 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2008
sad @poster
True talk, menial workers should be well appreciated, afterall many of them are graduates. In saner countries, handsome reward is the fruit of hard and conscientious work.
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by AloyEmeka9: 7:25pm On Sep 04, 2008
sadly, Nigerians do not have that dignity in labour culture. Actually, i know one dude that hit one of them around 4am with his car while DRUNK. The girl later got her leg amputated. What happened to the dude? Nothing, he only paid her hospital bills and gave her some change to buy provisions. may God deliver us from our current system.
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by lexicon(m): 8:29am On Sep 05, 2008
Sadly speaking, i feel for dem always. its only here that i observe that THE REWARD FOR HARDWORK IS MORE WORK. Anyway, i have always been kind to dem.May God help us
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by fire4fire: 8:48am On Sep 05, 2008
Considering the risky nature of this job,I think they should be carrying out their duty much earlier before the road gets busy.
I for one appreciates them and hope the government can at least increase their pay to make the job envy for many.
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by blackky100(m): 9:30am On Sep 05, 2008
May,

May the Lord continue to bless you for this post it shows you are a person with a good heart. Many of us may see it and ove look it, for the fact that you pointed this out, you will never lack in your life and God will coninue to pure on you blessings.

Thanks for bring this to our notice, and i am sure a lot of us here will do just that.

God blese u.
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by greatgut(f): 9:42am On Sep 05, 2008
Its good to encourage them. They woke me from sleep this morning just to carry the trash in my house. they need our support.
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by AIRSUPPLY(m): 10:06am On Sep 05, 2008
GUDMORNING,

I BELEIEVE EVERYTHING CALLED WORK IS A WORK, WE SHOULDN'T LOOK DOWN ON ANY JOB, AS LONG AS ALL WORKS PUT FOOD ON THE TABLE.

KING
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by FBS: 10:33am On Sep 05, 2008
we often fail to appreciate even the most obvious. Job na job, as long it is legal, they should be given some credit for the work they do!!! they are trying, !
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by atilla(m): 10:57am On Sep 05, 2008
I saw a bunch of them in Ikoyi this morning all women, one of them was scalling up the side of the truck, i was just thinking of any of the girls i know can do that kind of job.

They are really doing well.
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by slyk2(m): 11:27am On Sep 05, 2008
they choose the work, so it must fullfill their desires.
as for their work nature, they are doing a work work just that most times, they create
avenue for people to default so as to extort the road users if they default.
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by carmelily: 11:36am On Sep 05, 2008
sly-k:

they choose the work, so it must fullfill their desires.

Are u a nigerian? just in the off-chance that you're not i'll tell you a Nigerian truth:

IN NIGERIA, YOUR JOB OFTEN CHOOSES YOU
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by Gettolove(m): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2008
I have been thinking about this for a very long time, I now realise that i am not alone. These people should not just be appreciated, they must also be honoured by giving the M.O.N. awards instead of giving it to our senators who know nothing but looting our treasury and also get awards for it.
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by Epiphany(m): 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2008
carmelily:

Are u a nigerian? just in the off-chance that you're not i'll tell you a Nigerian truth:

Yes o, my sister. You got this one right. None of those people set out to do the job they are doing. I can bet my next months salary on that. However, due to the hardship in the country, na wetin your hand see to do, na im you go do to earn small money.

However, i really think these guys should be appreciated. A smile, handshake, small reward (N200 - N500 for them to buy 'coke') is not our of order.
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by Scopium: 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2008
carmelily:

[size=13pt]The truest group of words I've seen on nairaland today. Menial job is the only escape for people whose moral fiber won't let them do something atrocious in other to eat in the face of Naija's hardship. I always appreciate them (entire menial job labour force) unless the person is dirtier than trash inside.[/size]
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by vikiviko(m): 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2008
Thye are doing very well, maintaining this dirty lagos roads.

Salaries i don't know should be improved.

Also a message should be sent to them all to be weary and careful on there postioning during work on high ways, beac
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by hayprof(m): 7:43pm On Sep 05, 2008
Intrigue of the Dilemma:

Their jobs is just like the so called "Factory workers" that after huge labour still get their Hands chopped off by the same Machine that fee them*

So, wat are we talking HERE? grin
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2008
I agree with you all. It's such a pity that the government won't compensate them properly. How much is the salary, by the way?
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by Outstrip(f): 1:50am On Sep 06, 2008
They are trying, I have to say. They seemed to be everywhere when I was in Nigeria in may. They might need a submarine though to carry Lagos trash but I am sure that if they do not do what they are doing now, people in Lagos will be walking through dirt to get to their front yard
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by MrCrackles(m): 9:42am On Sep 06, 2008
mactao:

I agree with you all. It's such a pity that the government won't compensate them properly. How much is the salary, by the way?

peanuts as usual!

they deserve more!!
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by annyplenty(m): 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2008
This is a very good post. lets make sure that our appreciation of LAWMA workers or sanitary agents just dont end on the pages of nairaland.

if you still eat inside bus and throw refuse out onto the streets or just litter the street without conscious,
then you really have not stared the appreciation. I stopped doing this long ago and i even educate people inside bus not to throw out of bus or any other place.

there was a time we had to dispose our sewage and our neighbours were saying N25,000 was too much for the job. i had to make case and raise the price to N30,000 because i knew the work was more than N25000.
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by Olaolufred(m): 3:48pm On Sep 08, 2008
I really think that this post has been the greatest post i ever seen on Nairalanders.

Bravo to my learned friend who was thoughtfull enough to do this posting.

They(Lawma) workers are really contributing to the good of this nation.
They are HEROES and HEROINES that deserve national awards.

But in NIgeria, only the corrupts compesates their co-assailants with national awards for corruption.
They dont appreciate those who deserves it.

To those of us who knows the truth about the great contribution of the Lawma staff, we should keep
appreciating them in anyway fitting for them.

However, our cooperation by desisting from indiscriminate dumping of refuse should do better appreciation.
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by Olaolufred(m): 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2008
I am not a politician. But i really want to say that the sanitation drive by Lagos govt. is commendable.
The Lawma staffers are more commendable for giving in no small measures to add value to the state.
I plead that we nairalanders should add value by educating others on the need to stop all forms of
indiscriminate dumping of refuse.

To say the truth, Lagos state Govt. has vision that could make this city better for us.
However, the vision can not be achieved without our cooperation.

Those who critisize the enviromental policies of this state are part of the people who litters the
roads and streets. They are the same who blocks drainages with refuses and keep shouting
govt. this govt. that.

Please, We need better environment. So, let us cooperate with all stakeholders(lawma, govt.)
to make Lagos more habitable.
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by tpia: 6:19am On Sep 13, 2008
I think they should definitely receive more pay.

In western countries, most times the waste management employees have a very good salary scale. The job is an essential but demanding one.
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by landis(m): 9:06am On Sep 23, 2008
if you pay monkey salary, you get monkey job done.

we expect lagos to be clean and yet we treat them like scum.

Good Luck
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by deledele: 11:27pm On Oct 05, 2008
I recently went to Nigeria I must say that the LAWMA officials are doing a great job in trying to keep the streets of Lagos clean. The government should pay them them some decent salary but Im quite sure that they are just paid peanuts for the the tedious work they do, while these useless politicans we have are using the countrys money to send their girlfriends on holiday abroad. May the wrath of God fall on all these useless politians!!! angry angry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated by Tolulop001(f): 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2010
they are doing so well, and they need to be commended.

like a prev poster said, let this commendation not remain on the walls of Nairaland.

P.S i saw a female driving one of the trucks recently and was i tripped! shocked

(1) (Reply)

Jakumo - Who Is He? / Kogi State Governorship Election Result / Victim Of Unknown Conspiracy In Nigeria’s January 1966 Coup D’etat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.