Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Federal Controller Slumps, Dies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Controller Slumps, Dies (733 Views)

38-year-old Man On A Queue Slumps And Dies At A Polling Unit In Bauchi / Hon Okon Uwah Slumps, Dies During Campaign In Akwa Ibom / Lagos DPO Slumps, Dies In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Controller Slumps, Dies by DeepZone: 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2008
Federal controller slumps, dies
From Tunde Sanni in Ibadan, 09.04.2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Federal Controller of Works in charge of Oyo State, Mr. Ikenna Ohanwe, Tuesday slumped in his office and died in the hospital.

A source, who craved anonymity at the Federal Ministry of Works, Bodija, Ibadan, told THISDAY that Ohanwe reported for duty Tuesday without showing any sign of illness.

He said the workers Monday had noticed that he appeared tired and bored, and he was asked what the problem was.

The controller, according to him, had thanked his subordinates for their concern, promising that he needed to rest.

He said nobody knew what had happened until a member of staff attached to the Controller’s office, who had just got back from an errand at about 12. 30pm, went to his office and found him on the floor.

According to him, the staff raised an alarm which prompted other members of staff to rush him to the University Teaching Hospital (UCH).

THISDAY gathered that Ohanwe was expected to travel to London today to join his family, who had been on holiday for about a month and was expected to return with them next week.

“The Controller was rushed to the UCH but had his arteries and veins burst before he got to the hospital,” a source in the hospital told THISDAY.

UCH spokesman, Kunle Atinwore, told newsmen that the deceased was brought to the hospital at about 12.30pm unconscious and admitted at the Emergency Unit of the hospital, while medical attention reached him on time.

The hospital image-maker said further that Ohanwe later died and had been deposited at the mortuary of the hospital.

He said the post-mortem of the late federal officer was yet to be done as at the time he was talking to the press.

Meanwhile, a condolence register has been opened at his Old Bodija Housing Estate office, while mourners have been thronging the office to sympathise with his subordinates.

A senior worker in the office, Mrs. Olusola Olarerin, lamented her boss’ death which to her was unfortunate and described the deceased as a gentleman.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/sep/4/207.html
Re: Federal Controller Slumps, Dies by Seun(m): 5:34pm On Sep 04, 2008
What's a federal controller?
Re: Federal Controller Slumps, Dies by DeepZone: 5:41pm On Sep 04, 2008
It should be the federal [b]comptroller [/b]of works.
Re: Federal Controller Slumps, Dies by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2008
As no be woman kill this high raking civil service official, then it has to be "juju" from those that want to take over his seat.

That's how it works in the Nigerian civil service.
Re: Federal Controller Slumps, Dies by DeepZone: 6:15pm On Sep 04, 2008
As no be woman kill this high raking civil service official, then it has to be "juju" from those that want to take over his seat.

That's how it works in the Nigerian civil service.

Why are you so anal? Why must it be juju? Do you know when he went for a medical check up last? Ok, I get it, Yoruba people killed him with juju, abi?. Hypertension/stroke/heart failure etc can kill you like this and that is what is killing many Nigerians but they prefer to call it juju. Stop eating too much egusi, red meat,palm oil etc and you'll live longer and stop pointing at somebody for your carelessness. Nonsense.
Re: Federal Controller Slumps, Dies by RichyBlacK(m): 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2008
I knew it! One Nigerian juju-believer would mention that nonsense called juju.

Believing that juju is real is incompatible with seeking real solutions to hard problems. No wonder Nigeria is still so backward!
Re: Federal Controller Slumps, Dies by nguage(m): 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2008
That sounds like stress, its what happens when you don't get paid. Ha Africa!
Re: Federal Controller Slumps, Dies by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Why are you so anal? Why must it be juju? Do you know when he went for a medical check up last? Ok, I get it, Yoruba people killed him with juju, abi?. Hypertension/stroke/heart failure etc can kill you like this and that is what is killing many Nigerians but they prefer to call it juju. Stop eating too much egusi, red meat,palm oil etc and you'll live longer and stop pointing at somebody for your carelessness. Nonsense.

Na juju kill am, but if you say na Yoruba juju, then its your biz. One thing I do know for sure is that its not magun. tongue

RichyBlacK:

Believing that juju is real is incompatible with seeking real solutions to hard problems. No wonder Nigeria is still so backward!

I quiet agree with you that juju believes is one of the major reason Africa, Nigeria in particular is so backward.
But take it or leave it, its alive and kicking.

If you dont mind, what do you believe in? Just personal.
Re: Federal Controller Slumps, Dies by DeepZone: 6:56pm On Sep 04, 2008

God bless you.
Re: Federal Controller Slumps, Dies by AloyEmeka9: 7:13pm On Sep 04, 2008
If you are a top officer these days in Naija, it's either you are a prayer warrior or a juju warrior otherwise, even pure water go choke you.
Re: Federal Controller Slumps, Dies by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 04, 2008
And one will think that the former goat headed NDDC chairman didnt know why he invested heavily on the same juju or what to do with the #800,000,000. grin
Re: Federal Controller Slumps, Dies by bilymuse: 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2008
If you are a top officer these days in Naija, it's either you are a prayer warrior or a juju warrior otherwise, even pure water go choke you

this juju talk wan tire me ooooooooooooo
everything na juju juju juju!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Federal Controller Slumps, Dies by idupaul: 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2008
He said the workers Monday had noticed that he appeared tired and bored, and he was asked what the problem was.

The controller, according to him, had thanked his subordinates for their concern, promising that he needed to rest.
This says it all, twas a heart attack, early symptom number one , GBW
Re: Federal Controller Slumps, Dies by doyin13(m): 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2008
Ol bob. . .na heart attack

When will Nigerians learn that pissing and shitting at least once a day
will leave you free of coronary problems.

What a waste
Re: Federal Controller Slumps, Dies by DeepZone: 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2008

this juju talk wan tire me ooooooooooooo
everything na juju juju juju!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonderooo.

(1) (Reply)

Halliburton: How Govt Officials Were Bribed With $182m / ‘nigerian Children Shun Schools’ / Practical Solutions To The Nigerian Reputation Problem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.