Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Man With 86 Wives Disappears - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man With 86 Wives Disappears (2292 Views)

2-year-old Girl Disappears From Parents’ Bedside (photo) / Man Disappears Over Wife’s Third Set Of Twins / The Nigerian Man Who Has 86 Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man With 86 Wives Disappears by DeepZone: 5:20pm On Sep 04, 2008
[size=14pt]Man with 86 wives disappears[/size]
From Aisha Wakaso in Minna, 09.04.2008

Alhaji Abuabakar Bello Massaaba, the man with 86 wives, who was given 48 hours by the Etsu Nupe, Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar, to divorce 82 of his wives or face banishment, has disappeared from Bida, his home town.

Bello allegedly disappeared without divorcing any of his 86 wives, as directed by the Etsu Nupe, last week.

THISDAY gathered that Bello had earlier sent message to the Etsu Nupe on Tuesday, that he would be in the palace to inform him of which of the wives he had divorced, but did not show up at the appointed time, only for one of his aides to surface at the palace to apologise that Bello would be there at 3 00p.m.

At 3.00 p.m., Bello was also not there, forcing the monarch to send emissary to his residence, but the gates were locked.

A man at the gate reportedly told the emissary that Bello had not been seen since Sunday, and nobody could say where he was.

All efforts to contact either the scholar or his secretary on their mobile phones were abortive, as the phones were switched off.

The Emirate Council and the Niger State Shariah Commission are now considering the next line of action.

Last Thursday, an assembly of people from Nupe Kingdom, incuding Islamic scholars from within and outside the state, tried Bello for what they called anti-Muslim behaviour and bringing Islam to disrepute by marrying more than four wives, and directed that he diviorces 82 of his wives within 48 hours.

Abuabakar, who gave the order on behalf of the Assembly, said he could not guarantee Bello's security if he fails to obey it.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/sep/4/203.html
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by ssRhino: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2008
the man cant take the heat.
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by SeanT21(f): 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2008
Sux for him and his family
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by AloyEmeka9: 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2008
i no blame the guy . Run before dem go cut off your weewee.
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by timbabng(m): 12:11am On Sep 05, 2008
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by olanajim(m): 2:31am On Sep 05, 2008
Maybe he had gone to acquire more chics!
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by TOYOSI20(f): 11:31am On Sep 05, 2008
wth?, he was acquiring them as if he was acquiring properties,. . . shocked embarassed lipsrsealed sad
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by lipuka(m): 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2008
A man of his age should not be subjected to such stress. It is not as if he married his wives just the other day. He must have married them over a long period of time, and somebody must have been aware of it. He even sired 170 children with his wives. He could have been prevented from marrying the 5th wife, or the 6th or the 20th or the 50th, but nobody said anything.

Why subject him to this now? I see something fishy here. We should not rule out the possibility of some duplicity between some of the wives and the Islamic clergy. The issue would be the compensation as a result of divorce. Who said the clergy cannot be corrupted? And the women would be greedy.

He may be a Muslim, but he is also an African. African traditions allow a man to marry as many wives as he likes, provided he can take care of them equally.

Has any of the wives complained? Have the children complained? Leave the man alone.
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by spikedcylinder: 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2008
lipuka:

A man of his age should not be subjected to such stress. It is not as if he married his wives just the other day. He must have married them over a long period of time, and somebody must have been aware of it. He even sired 170 children with his wives. He could have been prevented from marrying the 5th wife, or the 6th or the 20th or the 50th, but nobody said anything.

Why subject him to this now? I see something fishy here. We should not rule out the possibility of some duplicity between some of the wives and the Islamic clergy. The issue would be the compensation as a result of divorce. Who said the clergy cannot be corrupted? And the women would be greedy.

He may be a Muslim, but he is also an African. African traditions allow a man to marry as many wives as he likes, provided he can take care of them equally.

Has any of the wives complained? Have the children complained? Leave the man alone.

Thank you!
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by UNLEASHED(m): 4:25am On Sep 24, 2008
Abi na wetin he go do?
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by bawomolo(m): 5:11am On Sep 24, 2008

do u honestly think the women and children have a voice, especially the children??
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by virgie(f): 11:18am On Sep 24, 2008
bawomolo:

do u honestly think the women and children have a voice, especially the children??

In this modern times, how can you say women and children do not have a voice? I beg to differ. they were not forced to enter into the marriage with this man. He did nothing legally wrong so I think the Government or whoever is harassing him should stop.
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by JustGood(m): 12:31pm On Sep 24, 2008
Too many do-gooders will come out and crucify the man. Why dont they do the same for the women. afterall the women knew he had other wives and they kept agreeing to live with him. it's a whole lot of nonsense to start persecuting him because he has gone public and they feel he has brought shame upon their community.
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by lipuka(m): 12:53pm On Sep 24, 2008
As long as he is the father, they are children, just as your father will call you child, whether you are 10 years or 60 You are still a child, according to him. The children have a voice. Since the man is 84, you don't expect all his children to be under 18. The olbest could be in his 60s
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by otokx(m): 2:14pm On Sep 24, 2008
they should leave the man alone
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by carmelily: 11:29am On Sep 26, 2008
lipuka:

He could have been prevented from marrying the 5th wife, or the 6th or the 20th or the 50th, but nobody said anything.
Why subject him to this now?

My thoughts exactly. They watched him marry the 86th and then got into action. I know of at least two unislamic familes where the men are married to 6 wives. What's the government going to do about cases like those? is there any Nigerian law limiting the number of wives (or even husbands) people should have? They should leave the poor man alone, jare angry
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by lipuka(m): 8:14am On Sep 28, 2008
Unfortunately there are no laws which cannot be broken. In Africa we can hide behind Customary Law, This allows for polygamy. As for polyandry, ie a wife marrying many husbands, I leave this for those who feel comfortable with it. I do not allow it!

Butr a Christian should marry only one wife and stop hiding behind African customs.
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by untainted: 7:50pm On Sep 28, 2008
JustGood:

Too many do-gooders will come out and crucify the man. Why don't they do the same for the women. afterall the women knew he had other wives and they kept agreeing to live with him. it's a whole lot of nonsense to start persecuting him because he has gone[b] public [/b] and they feel he has brought shame upon their community.

exactly, there are many more from where masaba came from. Rule numero uno, don't talk to the media
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by carmelily: 10:02am On Oct 02, 2008
lipuka:

Butr a Christian should marry only one wife and stop hiding behind African customs.

where exactly in the Bible is specific number of wives or wife for a christian stipulated?
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by lipuka(m): 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2008
True, nowhere. But then how many of our vain, arrogants, spoilt brats we call girls will agree to be co-wives?
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by carmelily: 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2008
lipuka:

True, nowhere. But then how many of our vain, arrogants, spoilt brats we call girls will agree to be co-wives?

The point is there's such a thing as freedom of choice. You can't call anyone names just because they choose not to be "co-wives". You make it sound like "co-wifehood" is a universal law "our girls" go against.
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2008
86 wives? wow shocked shocked
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by Cayon(f): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2008
i am trying to figure out this many wives thing. When a man has so many wives - they (wives) all live together? Is he making love to more than one at the same time? If the answer is yes, then let his backside be disappeared 4ever. I guess these wives don't have feelings b/c I am one jealous ouman and no ouman a go be in bed wid my husband when i am around. ****sigh*** smh
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by lipuka(m): 8:12am On Oct 12, 2008
Maybe somebody just wants his young wives,
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by kellygirl(f): 7:51pm On Nov 27, 2008
funny cheesy
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by upsydasy: 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2008
Lets analyse this, it means sleeps with like 3-4 of his wives everyday until ramadan period ,just how does he do it?
Re: Man With 86 Wives Disappears by Angolobabe(f): 1:36pm On Dec 02, 2008
he hasnt married them legally so he havent committed any legal offence and his wives arent complaining plus they are very happy being with him,i dont support poligamy but it is allowed in Nigeria and what is done is done ,they cant just force him to leave his wives ,for him it could mean abandoning his family that he loves,they should leave him alone his too old for all these stress ,he should just renouce muslim and become a christain and have peace and there is no quote in the koran stating the number of wives a man can have.

Maybe they are just jealous on how an old man like him manage such numbers of wives and they all live happily with him and in peace and they cant even handle the 4 wives they have but anyway,i still dont understand how the old man do it with all his wives grin

(1) (Reply)

Professor Caught Pants-down With Married Woman / aa / Christmas Funfair At Funfactory With Lots Of Gifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.