Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Please Help,can I Cook Beans That Will Not Make Me Gas? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please Help,can I Cook Beans That Will Not Make Me Gas? (995 Views)

Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene / How Can I Cook Nigerian Stew Without Frying It / What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help,can I Cook Beans That Will Not Make Me Gas? by yinkat: 11:13pm On Sep 04, 2008
hi
i need u guys to help me. is there a way i could cook beans so that when i eat it i won't gas?
someone suggested adding a lot of water, and then boiling it for a long time.
but ,it doesn't seem to be working
Heeeeeelllllllllppppppppp!!
Re: Please Help,can I Cook Beans That Will Not Make Me Gas? by AmakaOne(f): 8:41am On Sep 05, 2008
Select a large enough pot to hold at least three to four times the volume of beans comfortably. While you

bring the water to a rolling boil, pick over the beans to remove pebbles, discolored beans, etc. In a colander,

rinse the beans and add to the boiling pot.

BOIL FOR ONLY TWO MINUTES!

Remove from the heat, cover, and let the beans stand/rest for ONE hour. Drain and discard the water. Add fresh water or broth to cover the beans two inches and let stand for another ten minutes.

The beans are now ready to be cooked.
80 percent of the gas-causing elements of all beans will be eliminated.

1 Like

Re: Please Help,can I Cook Beans That Will Not Make Me Gas? by yinkat: 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2008
thanks amakaone. it works, although the time it takes is a sacrifice
Re: Please Help,can I Cook Beans That Will Not Make Me Gas? by AmakaOne(f): 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2008
yinkat:

thanks amakaone. it works, although the time it takes is a sacrifice

I know my syister, but it will save on open windoows o!

(1) (Reply)

Soyabeans Recipe Handbook / Making Of Fruit Juice, Help / Delicious Ice Cream Shaped USB Flash Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.