Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,617 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene (8015 Views)

Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) / How To Cook Beans Stew (gbegiri) / See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by isaco(m): 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
This tips is important for students, who are struggling in there campuses, to meet up with daily living, and every young man or woman who cook beans including house wives who wants to reduce high cost of kerosene while cooking beans. I am here to share a just discovered method of cooking beans that will definitely save you or reduce the cost of kerosene, as we all kno the product is cost now unlike before. Let's go, after the dirty in d beans has been removed or as you are picking the dirty, look for a small container with water, be putting the beans there. In a nutshell, soak the beans in an ordinary water for like 30mins or more before cooking it. This would have made the beans to be soft and by the time of cooking, it won't take much time. The more you soak d beans the lesser d time d beans stays on fire. Thanks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by drajjay: 3:22pm On Jun 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by isaco(m): 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
I just finished cooking beans now in less than 20mins. Let's eat ! Lolzzz.

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by godsamist: 7:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
beans for 30ms na akara u wen fry?..Because with such minutes the scale/coates are out ready for grinding for Akara!
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by crowntoro(f): 9:22pm On Jun 07, 2015
Dey dere dey jonze... U wan soak beans before cooking, Na moinmoin or Akara u wan do b that
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by isaco(m): 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
godsamist:
beans for 30ms na akara u wen fry?..Because with such minutes the scale/coates are out ready for grinding for Akara!
frying akara u hv to peel d back of d beans and soak, in dis case, u don't hv to peel anything, soak it directly wit cold water and then cook. It saves cooking cost.
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by adebisi96(f): 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
FYI u only soak beans for 5 or 7mins if u want to peel it,afta 30mins d skin is now stuck to d beans nd very hard to peel..cheers

7 Likes

Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by Tabishkhan(m): 7:40am On Jun 08, 2015
Thanks a lot for the share its a really good post.

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by isaco(m): 12:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
Tabishkhan:
Thanks a lot for the share its a really good post.
Thanks ,
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by isaco(m): 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2015
adebisi96:
FYI u only soak beans for 5 or 7mins if u want to peel it,afta 30mins d skin is now stuck to d beans nd very hard to peel..cheers
u r right. But frying okara is just by d way, cooking beans is d main purpose of d thread. one love
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by isaco(m): 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
crowntoro:
Dey dere dey jonze... U wan soak beans before cooking, Na moinmoin or Akara u wan do b that
myself never believed it until I tried n it works. this post is just to help d less privileged.
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by isaco(m): 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2015
godsamist:
u HV a good point, but it doesn't affect it since u r not going to squiz d soaked beans gently wash it n removed it from cold water unto cooking pot . u r good to go.
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by Olypeppy(f): 1:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
I don't think that will be healthy
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by teeboo: 5:02pm On Jun 12, 2015
Lol,Op did u say u cook ur beans for 20minutes? After soaking for 30 min, I cook my beans for just 10min with d help of pressure cooker, d beans will be very soft and clean

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by prettyjo(f): 9:40am On Jun 13, 2015
wrong advice.

a good beans cooks between 40 mins and 50 mins.so always watch out the type of beans you buy
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by LewsTherin: 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2015
Discovery ran a documentary on this quite a while ago. The documentary was actually about a refugee camp and what was being done to aid the displaced people. One advice the people were given was to soak their beans before cooking to reduce their firewood consumption. A blind test was done for the people in the camp and they all selected the soaked beans as the better tasting one. However, almost to a person, they refused to soak their beans saying it was "unhygienic" and that is "spoilt the taste" or that "it simply wasn't done".

Meanwhile, the test was carried out in their presence to show the advantages.

Shaking my head.

OP, there are many who won't believe you even when they have never tried it for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by isaco(m): 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
Olypeppy:
I don't think that will be healthy
can u tell us what makes it not healthy?
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by isaco(m): 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
teeboo:
Lol,Op did u say u cook ur beans for 20minutes? After soaking for 30 min, I cook my beans for just 10min with d help of pressure cooker, d beans will be very soft and clean
some can't afford pressure cooker u know

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by isaco(m): 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
prettyjo:
wrong advice.

a good beans cooks between 40 mins and 50 mins.so always watch out the type of beans you buy
ur type of beans may not be favorite of another person.
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by demmymol: 9:43am On Jun 26, 2015
soaking beans for a while.den discarding the steeping water is actually good because apart frm d fact that it reduces cooking time it also help remove some antinutrients

2 Likes

Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by demmymol: 9:47am On Jun 26, 2015
Do you also know that cold temperature storage is good for uncooked beans

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by isaco(m): 9:08am On Jul 03, 2015
demmymol:
Do you also know that cold temperature storage is good for uncooked beans
I don't know, that is why is good to research n try new thing. Nice talk

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by ogbongem: 11:09am On Jan 28, 2016
isaco:
isaco:
necessity is the mother of invention.Tnx.
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by Godmother(f): 7:01am On Jan 30, 2016
If you soak beans do you throw the water away when you want to cook it or use that water is preparing it. Cos I'm thinking, won't throwing the water away reduce the amount of protein in the beans? I know it reduces the amount of gas sha.
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by isaco(m): 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2016
Godmother:
If you soak beans do you throw the water away when you want to cook it or use that water is preparing it. Cos I'm thinking, won't throwing the water away reduce the amount of protein in the beans? I know it reduces the amount of gas sha.

if u have washed d beans b4 soaking it then u dont need to throw d soaking water away again, just cook d beans with d water
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by cliquevibes(m): 7:12pm On Mar 24, 2016
Buh d truth is dat if d beans soaks water too much, then it wnt rise when u finish cooking it
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by isaco(m): 10:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
cliquevibes:
Buh d truth is dat if d beans soaks water too much, then it wnt rise when u finish cooking it

I avent observe that
Re: Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene by DEIFIED(m): 9:40pm On Mar 30, 2016
Nice, to cock beans nor be beans ooh.

(1) (Reply)

Cakes And Small Chops / Where Do I Get Kenke In Abuja? / Homemade Carrot Oil: How To Make Carrot Oil At Home For Hair And Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.