Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,118 members, 7,849,492 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:31 PM

A New Era At Real Madrid! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / A New Era At Real Madrid! (2197 Views)

Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? / Cristiano Ronaldo Unhappy At Real Madrid / Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by Jackal(m): 5:52pm On Jul 17, 2006
@ loyika,

Fergie hasn't lost any power at Old Trafford and he's still very much at the helm of affairs.
Take Ferguson for a granted as a player at ur own peril.
He made Rooney send texts to Cristiano after the red card issue and even forced Rooney to the press and say he does not hold any grudges against Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ferguson always win with his players. No individual player is greater than Ferguson @ Man Utd.

Unfortunately, the Glazers don't know jack about football and they dont care as long as the club generates substantial income.
Real Madrid cannot, and i repeat, cannot pull better than Man United.
Man U does not over-price like Chelski or Real Madrid but when United is really after a player they must get him at all costs.

The reason why u believe Madrid is so powerful is because of the south-american factor.
Spain share a lotta similarities with South Americans in terms of culture and language.
Majority of the Brazilians, Argentines and most of these hispanics prefer to play in Spain than England because of the language barrier.
Remove this factor and Real Madrid is nuthing but a boy-scouts camp.

The Gunners hate United more than all the other London clubs.
Liverpool, Man City and Blackburn used to be the major rivals of Manchester United until gay-faced Wenger started his beef with Ferguson.
The beef has escalated to the point that Metropolitan Police always issue special warnings to fans whenever these 2 teams are clashing in the premiership.

The gooners see Man Utd as a major threat to their progress and they hatch grudges whenever the issue of Man Utd comes up but Mourinho has dampen the effects by coming in btw the 2 old gaffers.
Don't get it twisted, Arsene Wenger hates United. He targeted Ruud so many times the FA had to ask him to apologise to Ruud.
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by Priscila(f): 7:48am On Jul 18, 2006
Dont mind Jackal!
he has not yet come over the spanking Chelsea and holding Sunderland gave to them last season.
Jack! For how long will you moan? You are still prolonging that sickness and spreading your miseries around.
Come lets be happy in Arsenal!
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by teeroy(m): 10:42am On Jul 18, 2006
hey chelsea fans, canavaro rejected a bumper deal to sign for los merengues
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by Priscila(f): 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2006
I wonder why Barca is not running for those players in Italy.
Are they counting eggs already?
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by hucarson(m): 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2006
@ priscilla,
Barca is very complete and apart from snappin up Eidur Gudjohnsen to strengthen their midfield they don't really need anyone in that team.
I doubt if the present Chelsea team can beat Barcelona with 'em Ballack,Sheva and Mikel Obi.
Barcelona is the most-balanced side in the world at the moment and they r sure to kick asses like they broke the gooners dream last season.
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by Grizzly(m): 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2006
no comment cool
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by loyika(m): 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2006
CORRECTION MR HUC,

Our dream was not broken by Barca, we lost due to lack of finishing by TH14, a rush of blood to the head by Crazy Jens and defending fo the good part of 75 minutes. so no dream was broken by barca.

let Barca play Arsenal 11 versus 11 and beat us, then they can say they beat us, until then 11 versus 10 is a mismatch with barca's quality, if they had not been able to beat a 10 man Arsenal team, believe me they would have been ashamed to go back to spain. (if Italy could do it with australia, trust me!! if they had gone to 10 men against France, they would have been pulverised)

So words like kill Arsenal's dream are not necessary, cause we are still in the CL the last time i looked, and they also failed to sign TH14, who they wanted, despite what you might think of him. You won't hear anyone say Villareal destroyed Man U's entire history and pride will you (Actually they did, not even giving you guys the joy of competing in UEFA!! now that was funny, Man U at the bottom of a group that had BENFICA, VILLAREAL AND Ozase's team!!) cheesy

Believe me if Franko Rik had his way he would add Carnavaro to his squad even Buffon, but right now they have no space, as they sold no one. So he has to make do with light weights like Gio van Bronhurst (Shitty player at Arsenal/Shitty player at barca tongue, some things will never change ).

Or maybe this is just a Flirty thingy btw u and Madam Prisc wink, sorry my bad!! cheesy
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by hucarson(m): 6:34pm On Jul 18, 2006
@ loyika,
U make me laugh. grin grin grin
The match was just 12 minutes old when Ronaldinho conjured a slide-rule pass that sent Etoo on the clear.
Lehmann saw the danger and he brought Etoo down and Guily latched on the loose ball to score.

Referee Collina said he wld have red-carded Lehmann and gave Barca the goal.
Going a man down really helped Arsenal lock their defence up and Barca couldn't break a very defensive Arsenal team up until the 75th minute.
Beating a 10-man team is sometimes very difficult than beating 11 men.
Barca would have won that match 3-0 if it was 11 against 11.

Had Guily goal stood, the onus to attack would have been on Arsenal thus exposing their backline for Etoo and Dinho to penetrate.
Barcelona broke the gunners dream because Arsenal had just 15 minutes left to write their name in the history book but Wenger and his men blew it.
FYI, Villareal played goalless draw with Man Utd both home and away at the last UCL so they didn't break any Utd dream. grin
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by bolaoni(m): 5:40pm On Jul 19, 2006
Hucs I AGREED 100%

But I thought this is all about Real wink lipsrsealed
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by GUNNER(f): 6:53am On Jul 20, 2006
Real raid for Juve stars! cool

Real Madrid have agreed a deal with scandal-hit Juventus for Italian World Cup winning captain Fabio Cannavaro and Brazilian midfielder Emerson.

With the Bianconeri suffering relegation to Serie B for their part in the Italian match fixing scandal a number of departures were expected from the Turin side, and now Cannavaro and Emerson have begun the exodus by agreeing to link up with former Juve coach Fabio Capello in La Liga.

The joint deal is worth a reported €20 million (£13.7 million) and represents a considerable strengthening of the Spanish giants' squad under new president Ramon Calderon.

As soon as it became likely that Juventus would suffer demotion the two experienced stars were linked heavily with a switch to the Bernabeu, and they have now agreed two year contracts, with an option for a further year.

Cannavaro had been linked with Chelsea but will now open a new chapter in his career in Spain after lifting the World Cup with the Azzurri, whilst Emerson links up with Capello for the third club in succession after first working under the Italian at Roma.

Announcing the major news, Los Merengues revealed the players would be unveiled after putting pen to paper on their new deals.

"Real Madrid can confirm it has reached an agreement with Juventus over the signing of Fabio Cannavaro and Emerson," read a statement on the club's official website.

"The agreement was finalised this Wednesday evening in Turin by sporting director Predrag Mijatovic.

"The players are currently on holiday and will be presented at the Bernabeu after signing their respective contracts."

Oh la la, Chelski were not able 2 sink their claws in Cannavaro "n" pinch him, eh shocked grin
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by c0dec(m): 2:09pm On Jul 20, 2006
Good luck and a big thank you to Cannavaro. Hope u have a successful season with madrid just as ex-juventino, zidane, did. you'll surely be missed.

Emerson? well, everyone knows you are more of a Crapello faithful than a club faithful. Good luck. you wont really be missed. tongue

FORZA JUVE!
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by kitaun(m): 2:55pm On Jul 20, 2006
Don't weep for Old Lady cry cry cry
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by Chxta(m): 3:25pm On Jul 20, 2006
Welcome to boring football o Madrid
Having Crapello as coach. . .
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by Fimmy(m): 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2006
EMERSON CANNAVARO , TONIGHT
REAL MADRID BUT U KNOW WHAT NO MATTER WHAT JUVE 4 LIFE(LOL)
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by teeroy(m): 9:51am On Jul 21, 2006
ole!!!!!!!!!!!!.We are gradually building.Canavaro and Emerson are just the kind of players we need to give our exciting fowards more confidence. hala madrid. viva los merengues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o rey!!!!!
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by loyika(m): 10:28am On Jul 21, 2006
CARNAVARO YES! smiley, EMERSON NO!
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by teeroy(m): 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2006
We've got RUUUUUUUUUUD in the house!!!!!!!!!!. What an avalanche of goals this season from los merengues. Plus the Beckham-Ruuud combination again!!
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by hucarson(m): 9:59pm On Jul 28, 2006
@ teeroy,
I almost cried when i heard the news that RUUD left for Madrid.
RVN is one of the best strikers the Premiership has produced and his records speak for itself.
150 goals in just 5 seasons is no child's play.

I wish him luck and Ruud will make me a partial madrid fan now that he has joined.
He will give Samuel Etoo a run for his money for la liga's golden boots.
RVN is a striker that will deliver 20+ goals per season easily.
Re: A New Era At Real Madrid! by lordimpaq(m): 7:10am On Jul 29, 2006
lets see if he gets his shooting right, he's on spanish soil, lets see wat happens,

i just hope he does not be like misfiring baptista, owen was the best striker when he was in real madrid, havin the best strike rate,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arsenal Agree Yann Mvilla Deal, Steve Bould To Replace Pat Rice / Did Gallas Make Mistake? / Official Football Transfer -summer 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.