Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics (4241 Views)

CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow / Yakubu Adesokan Wins Gold In Paralympics Powerlifting. / London 2012 Paralympics Opening Ceremony - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by iice(f): 7:29am On Sep 12, 2008
chaii grin grin grin

Congrats
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by zelaws: 9:58am On Sep 12, 2008
the gold medalist said he has been planning this gold for eight years
this is a lesson for all of us myself inclusive
he know he has limitation but planned ahead
and at last he achieved
Congratulation isiaku !!!
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by coopedro(m): 10:05am On Sep 12, 2008
@ poster
I still can't find the reason while you said the man is a carpenter. Cos it is not there in your thread.
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by mcvities(m): 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2008
Congratulations to Mr Ishaku and the Ladies who made Nigeria Proud by bringing back the Gold, It calls for joy and celebration, it shows that success does not come overnight, imagine someone working for eight years, why won't he have success.

I am hoping that our multinationals, corporations and companies should begin to do something for this people so that it can motivate others and show that Nigeria really cares for it citzen.
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2008
congrats to my namesake, ishaku = isaac cool
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by arola: 4:03pm On Sep 12, 2008
Kudos aleast someone is doing Us proud grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by opuro(m): 4:43pm On Sep 12, 2008
oga for sport bin promise us 8 gold medals for china
abi na paralimpics him be de talk shocked

anyway sha congratulobia to the gold winners
more elbow to ur greasei
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by princekevo(m): 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2008
Eucheria Njideka also won Gold medal on women short-put.Those able bodied men and woman that went olympics should be ashame of theirselves.THe Gold they couldnt bring home for us the disables are making us proud by bringing it home for us.
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by kathyekiti: 1:15am On Sep 13, 2008
Kudos to the atheletes! Perhaps this will encourage us to take better care of our differently abled brethen.
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by Vieira(m): 11:39am On Sep 14, 2008
kathyekiti:

Kudos to the atheletes! Perhaps this will encourage us to take better care of our differently abled brethen.

I agree 100% with this post.

Good work Ishaku and other winners.
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by timbabng(m): 8:15am On Sep 15, 2008
Nice one
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by Olaolufred(m): 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2008
I can't see the reason why people call Ishaku and co. who did so much to make us proud a "Dis-abled"

Truly, these Men and Women who you judged disabled are the Super-ABLED bodies we have in Nigeria.

Even more able than the political rogues that pervades all the seats of governance in this nation.

The disabled athletes are not existing in Nigeria. We only have DISABLED administrators.

i.e Minister of sport, Amos Adamu, Sanni Lulu etc. who the best they could do is to suffer our

athletes while they spend money for the athletes welfare and training on their family affairs.

Wives, children, relations, househelps, pets are first given their share b4 they think of the real

athletes.

If you analyse this, you will know that their thinking is lopsided.

SO, THEY(sport administrators) ARE THE REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL DISABLES.
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by grandjedi(m): 2:59pm On Sep 15, 2008
Good one!
One only hopes there will be a change in the guy's living/training conditions when he gets back so that he can continue to win laurels.
Sadly, however, Nigeria is usually ungrateful to her athletes.
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by amefi(m): 8:24am On Sep 16, 2008
This is a lesson for all of us that whatever our hope and aspirations are we should keep working towards achieving them, we might fail and fail in the process that leads to achieving them, but one day if we do not relent our effort we will surely get the desire results. It too him eight years to get this result. So keep trying your best in whatever your desire is, one day you will get your gold too.
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by Oghaleesq(m): 9:52am On Sep 16, 2008
handicaps are more of sportsmen? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by Oghaleesq(m): 9:54am On Sep 16, 2008
able bodied athletes should start their planning or better still become handicaped. grin
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by slyk2(m): 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2008
Nigeria is not on gold medal table on yahoo sports!
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by Bobbyb(m): 8:29am On Sep 17, 2008
all d abled men and women na real wah 4 una oohhh,
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by adewale78(m): 2:13pm On Sep 17, 2008
I wish to congratulate all the athlete for a job well done and i want the government to reward them with goodies and they shouldn't overlook them becos they are disable people
Re: Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics by ifele(m): 9:06pm On Sep 22, 2008
God bless Nigeria and Ishaku. We have a champion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Namibia Vs Mali: AFCON 2023 (0 - 0) On 24th January 2024 / Could Nigeria Have Made It To The Semis If They Qualified? / Watch Cristiano Ronaldo Throw Away Portugal Armband In Disgust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.