Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Born Again But Twice Dead! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Born Again But Twice Dead! (699 Views)

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / I Saw Jesus Christ Twice In My Bedroom - Rev. Uma Ukpai / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Born Again But Twice Dead! by rotimy(m): 2:06pm On Sep 10, 2008
Salt of the earth supposed to be my uniqueness
But unknown to all I have since lost my saltiness.

I have many versions of the Holy Word,
But Cannot shine as a light in a dark world!

Love is the greatest and the first commandment,
But to say I am an agent of hatred is an understatement.

Poisoned and hurting words always came out of my mouth,
And unforgiveness flood my soul like the river in the south!

I attend retreats, crusades and special seminars,
As a show off that I can pay for these seminars!

I hardly practice what I preach,
Nor obey what others to me teach!

Help me somebody for I am born again but twice dead,
And I pray that God will not uproot me as a dead weed!
Re: Born Again But Twice Dead! by pilgrim1(f): 3:33pm On Sep 10, 2008
Food for thought.
Re: Born Again But Twice Dead! by milknhoney(f): 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2008
This just took me to another place of thought.
Re: Born Again But Twice Dead! by naomijt(f): 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2008
This what we become when we replace true worship with activities. We think when we run up and down, from shillo to camp, to crusade, to vigil and all, we are doing the work of God. Far from it. True salvation that comes from genuine repentance liberates and gives you rest.

Joh 4:21 Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe me, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father.
Joh 4:22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews.
Joh 4:23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."
Re: Born Again But Twice Dead! by rotimy(m): 2:02pm On Sep 17, 2008
naomijt:

This what we become when we replace true worship with activities. We think when we run up and down, from shillo to camp, to crusade, to vigil and all, we are doing the work of God. Far from it. True salvation that comes from genuine repentance liberates and gives you rest.

My Sister, human flesh and blood did not reveal this to you but the Spirit of the living God! Truly, in the lives of some Christians, activities have replaced personal relationship with God!

(1) (Reply)

And Lead Us Not Into Temptation / Religion (christianity) & Morality / Suit Against God Thrown Out Over Lack Of Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.