Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (508820 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2007
Contrary to others I see an improvement in the Arsenal game.

We varied it this time.

We tried shots as well as one-two passing into the net.

Bendneter showed a different kind of presence.

Apart from Lehsman's howler I think that the Gunners showed the spirit that is needed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ Oga v

yeah the spirit that was needed .
i agree too . i seee an improvement cheesy
we are going to be a force to be reckoned with this season cool

but Lehmann needs to shake up a bit sad
or else vanilla  Almunia grin is lurking in the shadows grin

Imani cheesy
Lehmann is a timebomb o grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by PTH(m): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2007
calm down peeps, the professor knows what he's doing. Totenham have 4 good forwards and yet they lose 1-0 to sunderland.
We cant be that bad eh.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2007
PTH:

calm down peeps, the professor knows what he's doing. Totenham have 4 good forwards and yet they lose 1-0 to sunderland.
We can't be that bad eh.

Did you say spurs grin grin grin is that a team?

Even with 10 forwards, they can still lose a game lipsrsealed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by PTH(m): 5:53pm On Aug 12, 2007
i meant the spuds. yelping about getting in the top 4! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 6:11pm On Aug 12, 2007
Imani:

@Somze,
GET A LIFE!!!

Very much uncalled for.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 6:18pm On Aug 12, 2007
somze:

Very much uncalled for.

Please accept my apologies. cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jejelolatu(f): 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2007
could it be, or am i imagining things

is somze actually living up to his" say no to nland brawls"

umhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the good timesare here again. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2007
Imani
No stress girl

Jeje
Hush it b4 i turn back to the old me angry tongue grin kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jejelolatu(f): 6:43pm On Aug 12, 2007
:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2007
where is the yakking Jackal telling us about how Scummies will show us 'how its done'? grin grin grin

silence covers OT even with the 50m and the 'fantastic four' grin grin grin.

I am going to gloat on their thread now. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 10:09pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ Debosky,

U can gloat cos u are ignorant.
£50m players were not even on the bench bar NANI, let alone feature in the game.
There's nuthing to make jest of . . . . . .United played better than all its rivals today.
Chelsea was shambolic, won because Birmingham's keeper was shyte as well.
Ass-anal? They can forget the title chase. Referee helped em with a penalty. Winning in the dying minutes will not happen all the time.
Liverpool? Huffing and Puffin . . . . . .Won to a dodgy Gerrard free-kick.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 10:13pm On Aug 12, 2007
Whaaa! Jackal is still barking? United played f**k-all. Arsenal, well there was only one penalty, we scored 2 goals. Chelski was poop, but they won. So was liverpool Manure was, well, manure, and they were held. Too bad mate!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2007
dodgy, huff and puff, shambolic - but all got three points grin grin

face it Jackal, Arsenal have learned to win even when not at their best, the penalty was anything but dodgy, and the ref shd've given us one in the 10th minute for the foul on Hleb anyways, so eat your heart out. at least Alex 'shot-shy' Hleb shocked shocked scored a goal in the 8 yard box, the same thing the 'imperious' scholes couldn't do from 7 yards with the ball at his head. grin grin

the 'keeper against us wasn't shyte, yet we beat him twice- thats what its all about mate, getting the job done. all I see from you here are excuses, and its just pitiful. accept that you didnt win, and with rooney's loss it must have felt like a defeat. better luck next time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2007
United are the Champions!!!!!!!!!!!
Ferguson have been in worse scenarios and still rubbed shyte in ur faces.
A goalless draw is what y'all are cheering.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool couldnt even match United's technical and tactical game play.
Crisp passes, Stealth and Pace. Attractive brand of football and it goes on and on.
Everyone wld still drop points so whats the heck about?
The league is not gonna end today. 37 more games to go and y'all are cheering like mongolian idiots.
I am disappointed in all y'all.
We shall see where everyone ends up after 10 games. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2007
Jackal:

Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool couldnt even match United's[b] technical and tactical game play.
Crisp passes, Stealth and Pace. Attractive brand of football and it goes on and on.[/b]
Everyone would still drop points so whats the heck about?
The league is not going to end today. 37 more games to go and y'all are cheering like mongolian idiots.
I am disappointed in all y'all.
We shall see where everyone ends up after 10 games. grin grin grin

You still don't get it do you? All that crap you listed up there we had it in truckloads last season, yet no trophy so stop making noise, yes we all know all the teams will drop points, but dont act as if this isn't a blow (even if small) to MU, last season they were 4-0 up in 19 minutes, this season, huff and puff for 90 without one, AND the loss of Rooney, that is definitely a lot to worry about mate. I'm cheering because your loud mouthed bunkum spewing rants about MU schooling reading and 'where your guns @t' bullshit came to nothing.

welcome back to planet earth mate, roofies got you all high and have worn off now grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 11:06pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ Debosky,

You spew bollocks.
What has improved in Arsenal? Because u won your 1st game?
I am havin an infectious laugh.

So u want to compare that shitty team of urs that lost 10 games last season to this United?
It shows how smart u are. Sorry how weak-minded u are.
Chelsea face Liverpool next week. Lets see if both of em will snatch 3 points each grin
If Chelsea draws and we win, how many points would each team bag by then? tongue tongue tongue tongue
It means Chelsea n Man Utd would be on the same point again, innit?
Arsenal n Liverpool would be in Europe during the week so u have your usual match in hand again and its catch up till u play it. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Crisis? What crisis?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:42pm On Aug 12, 2007
the same Arsenal that drew its opening game but won this one, or is that not an improvement? infectious laugh my foot, or sorry Rooney's foot grin grin grin

I aint comparing teams mate, the scores tell the full story, this same Reading got two good hidings from us last season, and y'all couldn't even score against 10 men, thats the fact. whether that has any long term impact on the season will be clear for all to see.

you must really be high on hallucinatory glue right now to compare your shitty draw with mid-table Reading to a Chelsea-Liverpool clash! What a load of trash. you are already hoping chelsea draws or liverpool loses and so on, focus on your team and their false delusions of grandeur. The fantastic flops will soon show their true colors for all to see Nani has shown the way today by flattering to deceive, abi you thought Reading would be another Glentoran? grin grin

For the last time, no one said y'all are in a crisis, but be man enough to admit that your [b]drug-induced yapping [/b]about how MU would school reading or 'show the opponents how its done' has turned out to be pure bunkum - even with the 17million pound 'buy of the season' on the pitch, but that is probably too much to ask for a [b] scavenging animal [/b]like yourself grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 12:11am On Aug 13, 2007
@ Debosky,

You are such a ninny, geezer.
Reading got a hiding from Arsenal last season and United couldn't beat em and reh reh reh reh reh.
Everton gave Arsenal a hiding last season but was beaten BLUE by United home and away so figure it out.
When would u grow up to know football aint mathematics, maybe u will never grow up or you're just fuccked up.
Ya IQ is inversely proportional to your age. The older u get, the dumber u become.
More of the bigger the head, the smaller the brain output. You need a psychotherapist.

A draw against a team that finished 8th last season is not a bad return.
Arsenal played a team that finished 16th and only won with the help of a biased referee.
Chelsea played a newbie in the Prem so u can always expect victory @ the bridge.
Why so much noise is what i don't understand? Rooney is injured and so what?
Rooney gets crocked, we unleash Tevez.
Ronaldo gets injured and we play NANI.
Scholes is suspended and Anderson joins the frame. . . . . . .I don't see any problem.
Look beyond your nose and stop acting like a simpleton.
Ya drug-crazed habit is getting better of u . . . . . . .Go to a rehab!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 12:25am On Aug 13, 2007
Tevez gets crocked you unleash who . . . O'Shea? grin grin grin

I'm getting a kick out of your frustration mate, Arsenal was the best in head to head against the top 4 teams, we lost the title race to the lower teams so YES, its worth celebrating for us you confuzzled nincompoop cheesy, we have improved EXACTLY where we fell short last season, if that doesn't register in your drug frazzled pea brain, don't blame me, get someone to explain it to you using play dough grin grin

Nani is nothing more than the most expensive gymnast of the premiership this year, he will follow in the path of his older brother Aghahowa and be a flop. today's flattering to deceive is reminiscent of a certain sheva scoring in the community shield last year, but even worse - he didn't score grin grin

Like I said earlier, admit you were wrong and stop this idiotic escapism you're getting fond of, I suspect all your exchanges with amodu and somze has passed on the muppet disease of the 'bramovich babes to you, I think Dr. Kit has another patient in line now grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 1:03am On Aug 13, 2007
Arsenal has improved where they fell short last season.
Fucking hell, in other words Arsenal would win the title with 38 games cos Wenger has found the scoring formular.
I have always thunk u were a dunderhead but it has moved a couple of notch towards the critical level called Lunkhead.

Tevez gets crocked, Ole and Saha are very close to starting.
Anderson and Campbell are also there to join the party and that is strength in depth.
One thing u cannot say about the Asses. Van Persie gets crocked and maybe Wenger would wear his shirt. grin grin grin

Jackal frustrated? Nah mate.
I am only doing this to school ur nappy head that a goalless draw is not a bad return from a team that finished 8th last season.
Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool would all struggle against a disciplined team like Reading FC.
Even Jose couldnt beat em at the Bridge last season so i cant be bovvered.

What bovvers me is ur lack of understanding of the modern game.
Ya football brains have been beclouded by the virus of failure that haunts Arsenal every season.
The best finish for y'all this season is 4th . . . . . . .Maybe 5th if Tottenham can quickly get their acts right.
Nani the most expensive gymnast in the Prem? Only time will tell.

Admit that i am wrong? Try 50 cent is chinese.
I wld have been wrong if United were beaten the way Man City outwitted u guys last season.
On the evidence of what i saw, United are still the best in the land.
Wazza's injury is a loss but it aint catastrophic.
OT will cope without Wazza, we didnt have him at this stage last season when he got slammed 3 matches and United still survived.

The only muppet here is u.
Keep ranting like a child.
Dr Kit's license has been revoked so u need Dr Dre's advise to sort ur cloudy and milky brain.
Tell a lie . . . . . . . . . .take some wraps of shrooms with a lil' bit of Amphetamines. The combo makes a dullard extremely sharp. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Have a nice day.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 1:24am On Aug 13, 2007
Did someone just call my name? Lmao . . .its d shameless Jackal bringing me back into d Sports section !!! 2day na 2day 4 me and u . .1st make I wink a likkle, UP MAN U . .u guys sure made my day hehehe
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 1:38am On Aug 13, 2007
Chacal is simply delusional, I thought MU was all conquering? now 0-0 is a good return from a team that finished 8th! Your descent into mediocrity has begun with that asinine statement you made as a result of your decrepit and vacuous cerebrum. cheesy

If RVP gets crocked we'll slot in someone else, don't worry, cometh the hour cometh the man is our motto, not playing O'shea and Vidic as CF's, only Hilario playing striker in Russia would be more insanely ridiculous.

Your irrational elation and rabid over estimation of MU's chances has brought you to this sorry state of affairs, Loss of a 23 goal a season striker is not catastrophic? Try O'shea being CF for the rest of the season, I'm having a jolly laugh now grin grin grin

your best attempts at witty discourse are a pitiful lament rising from a cesspool of degraded neurones, It is beneath me to try to reform your trash-heap football analysis, I am merely trying to hasten your descent into the abyss of utter stupidity. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 4:15am On Aug 13, 2007
@dEBOSKY

Ol' boy, I have never seen u in a mood harsher than this . . . . Le Chacal sef pick race for u grin grin

that dude lives off drugs so am not surprised at his outbursts, but what I admire about him is HE WOULD ALWAYS COME UP WITH AN ALIBI, RATHER THAN RUN AWOL FROM NLAND cheesy majority of the other scummies got to post seeing the bravado Jackal had put up after the loss to Reading, oh I meant[b] DRAW[/b] grin

@GUNNERS

Thank God that we won, but like I rightly predicted it was never going to come easy, THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS WE SECURED THE THREE POINTS ALBEIT LATE cool

The fighting spirit is important, but really why get into a match late in the first instance? undecided

For people asking for Fabianski to replace Lehmann, dont u just feel AW will try him out in the Carling Cup first? undecided besides I see AW benching Lehmann in one of the next two games to give Almunia a try, but is Almunia even better, maybe not erratic but he is a better goaltender? lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Mustay(m): 5:37am On Aug 13, 2007
The most important thing is that yo secured the 3 points?
Hope economist wenger 'll make 3 points a priority rather than 'beautiful' football
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 8:50am On Aug 13, 2007
@ Deboksy,

This plastic geezer must have developed the habit.
What class of DRUGS do u take? Look at u spewing shit all over the thread.
How can playing 0-0 plunge a team into mediocrity?
Arsenal had massive 12 draws in 2003/04 season to win the title in their unbeaten season.
Chelsea copped 8 draws(5 home draws) in Mourinho's 1st season and still won the Prem with a massive 22 points above Arsenal.
I just dont understand what ur wet-dreams is all about concerning Man Utd/Reading match.

Wayne Rooney's loss catastrophic? U must be the king of ninnies.
A certain RVN(30 goals per season) left Man Utd last season and United still scored 83 goals in the Premiership.
Wazza's loss for few weeks will have no serious consequences on the team's balance. We'll just assume he got suspended for 5 matches.
Words coming out from OT says he will be fit before United face Chelski so there's no stress.
Man Utd wld pick points with this squad, make no bones about it and if i were u, i wouldnt worry about that.

What i would worry about is ur state of idiocy.
U are not only lacking in clue but u r apparently unable or unwilling to acquire clue even when handed it on a plate in generous portions.
An incredibly dim-witted person, completely devoid of football intelligence.
U could be better off in a Kebab shop. tongue tongue tongue

@ Dr Kit,
Mr. Plonker,
I cannot believe u wld admit to being a person on that politics thread. cool cool cool
U should have confessed to me long before instead of making me waste man-hours trying to figure fucck's wrong with cha.
Anyways, Le Chacal will not do a runner for anyone.
Debosky of all people? C'mon . . . . .C'mon, u are taking the bleeping piss.
I have drawn swords with the sickest heads on NL whereas Debosky's illness is still treatable.
Lest i forget, how's ur gay partner? Gov. Fashola? grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 10:48am On Aug 13, 2007
Oh my days!! shocked shocked

I never thought I would see Jackal on the ropes like this o!

The draw against Reading must really have affected you, your arguments now have a tinge of desperation and panic. grin grin tongue

It is early days and no one can predict anything from the first games but losing Rooney is not good.

Fot me the sweetest result on the opening weekend was Tottenham losing to Sunderland, upon all their so called "Fantastic Four" they could not score one goal, and it was not a case of many chances being missed they were poor and bereft of any creative ideas.

ha ha ha

Fourth place my ass, if they play like that all season long they will be in a relegation fight. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ulehj(m): 11:55am On Aug 13, 2007
United are in trouble, they go into two tough awy games without a fit strker. Pompy will prove a stern test as will will the Manchester Derby. I see United loosing both of those games but realistically I see tham picking up at least 1 point.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ulehj(m): 12:30pm On Aug 13, 2007
So the next match is a champions league clash with
sparta prague.i expect to see thesame line-up as yesterday
since Ade has been ruled out and Eduardo is rated '50-50' by
Le Boss.
I will like to see these line-up

Lehmann

Sagna Kolo Gallas Clichy

Eboue Fabregas Flamini/Diaby Rosicky

Hleb

Van Persie

SUBS
Bendtner
Theo
Almunia
Senderos

I will like the lads to win this and preferably keep a clean sheet for once.

COME ON GUNNERS!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by SirKay3(m): 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2007
Anybody in the house who could be of help with the clipse of the goals scored @ the Emirates yesterday by Arsenal/FUlham?

Checked youtube but not there
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by beetintin(m): 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2007
SirKay,

Youtube has been banned from featuring any premiership clip.

I think the FA sued them last season or so. This one that HiTV/NTA is messing us up now,
I sure pray there will be hope for us.

sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by SirKay3(m): 2:46pm On Aug 13, 2007
@ beetintin,

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.