Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:38 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (516013 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2007
mukina2:

Lehmann takes some rest grin Thank God cheesy

Almunia lipsrsealed my heart is still in its cage embarassed grin grin

Almunia is much better than u guys give him credit for
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2007
chuckdee4:

Almunia is much better than u guys give him credit for

i know . . but the heartache dey still grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Razorr(f): 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2007
Wait a minute. . .

You guys have finally lost it.

You mean you intend to sacrifice Lehmann just because of a few mistakes? shocked

Didn't even the great Cech make some mistakes in one of our matches last week? Did we bench him as a result?

Every player has a bad spell once in a while, but that's not enough reason to panic. Geeeezzzzz
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2007
Razoooor! Raaaazooooor! How many times have I called you?

We know you're upset because you want us to keep making mistakes and to keep losing matches.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Razorr(f): 2:42pm On Aug 24, 2007
Banderaaas Banderaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Lehmann is your best keeper for now. grin You'll regret your decision to bench him. Trust me. grin

Or better still, come take Cuccidini on loan. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2007
Trust you? You who predicted that Belleti will be one of your best signings?

Babes, I think you're a wonderful person (with a great body!!!), but soccer may not be your thing. Trust me.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2007
Banderas:

Trust you? You who predicted that Belleti will be one of your best signings?

Babes, I think you're a wonderful person (with a great body!!!), but soccer may not be your thing. Trust me.

meanwhile, wetin happen? Space no dey for ground wey you begin dey take picksure for on top water?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2007
Lehmann is our best keeper, but he has been possessed by the devil or under some kind of stress in recent weeks. This break will do him and the club some good.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2007
Banderas wetin happen to you grin grin

@ Razorr Lehmann is unjured cheesy and Almunia's game is hot grin lipsrsealed

no more mistakes . .with Gallas gone grin

save ur keeper tongue for rainy days . .they r coming soon grin u have to play reading again

Dinno grin

that was mean grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2007
I hope we don't see errors from Almunia. Lehmann needs the rest he's simply not in his right senses at the moment.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dolarpo(m): 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2007
UP BLUESSSS
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 3:51pm On Aug 24, 2007
Banderas:

Aha! Another sports member has fallen under the spell of Razorrs CHESTICLES grin grin

Lehmann needs a rest, Wenger knows how to do these things to get the best out of him players. He might truly be injured, but I doubt it, Wenger rarely benches a player openly, he usually uses some excuse like injury.

Almunia is good enough if you ask me, we just need to play him in enough games and we'll see. But If we play MU, I'd prefer Jens anyday, Almunia is too much of a nice guy, we need someone to mess with Rooney and co a little.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 4:51pm On Aug 24, 2007
Arsène Wenger has paid tribute to Sven-Goran Eriksson’s survival instincts ahead of Manchester City’s trip to Emirates Stadium on Saturday.

The Swede was left battered and bruised by his five years in charge of England so eyebrows were raised after he took over at Eastlands in the summer. Most expected that resilience would be needed early in the campaign as Eriksson’s numerous new arrivals attempted to pull the Citizens away from their perennial flirtation with the Premier League drop zone.

However, in the words of Wenger, Manchester City have ‘super-clicked, super-quickly’. They arrive in North London as League leaders and only the 11th team in the history of the English top-flight to win their first three games without conceding a goal.

“When you buy more than three players I feel you take a technical risk to destabilise the unity,” said the Arsenal manager at his pre-match press conference on Thursday. “It can take six months to click. But they have super clicked, super quickly. They are top of the league with three wins from three games. You cannot do better than that. It could last, it could not but we will know after a few more games.”

Saturday’s match will mean Eriksson has managed five different teams against Arsenal during his career — Gothenburg, Sampdoria, Lazio, Benfica and Manchester City — surely some kind of record.

“There is no secret there,” said Wenger. “Those who survive are the good ones. Consistency is always linked with quality.

“Maybe he wants to show people how good he is. For me, he is a very good manager and his record with England was very good.

Arsenal have Jens Lehmann sidelined for at least two weeks with an Achilles injury so Manuel Almunia takes the keeper’s gloves. William Gallas is out with a groin problem picked up at Blackburn last weekend so Kolo Toure takes the captaincy. Emmanuel Eboue (ankle) is still absent but Gilberto (fatigue) and Emmanuel Adebayor (groin) are available for the first time this season.

The Manchester City side is a shadow of last term’s version. In the summer the following players went out: Joey Barton (Newcastle); Sylvain Distin (Portsmouth); Nicky Weaver (Charlton); Trevor Sinclair (released), Stephen Jordan (released) and Hatem Trabelsi (released). While these came in: Rolando Bianchi (Reggina), Gelson Fernandes (FC Sion), Geovanni (Cruzeiro), Elano (Shakhtar Donetsk), Javi Garrido (Real Socidedad), Vedran Corluka (Dinamo Zagreb) and Valeri Bojinov (Fiorentina).

The arrivals were unknowns to most but not Wenger. "I knew all the ones who came in,” he said. “Corluka, Elano and Petrov are all good talents in my opinion. And yes they did very well but don't forget the players that have done extremely well this season are Michael Johnson, Micah Richards and Richard Dunne. They've been outstanding. Of course you talk about the players they bought but these three players were outstanding on the reports I got.”

Of those three, Richards is the one who had caught Wenger’s eye. “He can be a great player,” he said. I'm convinced of that when you look at how he plays at his age. He has no inhibitions and such power too. Certainly he has the potential.”

Despite having moved on from the national side, the emergance of Richards and Johnson this season could well mean Eriksson's spell in this country still leaves a positive legacy for English football.

Arsenal.com
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2007
Its going to be a 3-1 scoreline guys no shaking at all

One game at a time lads
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by faceless(m): 9:49pm On Aug 24, 2007
jeje,missed u on nland 2day,missed ur sports comments,missed ur jokes,missed evrylittle thing abt u.i hope u aint ill thou cos u said on a thread ystday dat u aint feeling wel.i stil love u,u re d only thing stil keepin me on nland.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2007
you again shocked.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 10:27pm On Aug 24, 2007
faceless love struck muppet. tongue

well it turns out we won't be signing the Palacios dude afterall, Wenger isn't really keen on him and has passed him on to B'ham to see if they want him.

Its looking likely that Adebayor will start against City tomorrow, I'll be glad to have him back, his energy and strength will be needed against Micah Richards and co. But the midfield is where I'm a little concerned, I hope Gilberto starts so he can shackle Elano properly, he seems to be the creative force in this City side so far.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:30pm On Aug 24, 2007
Adebayor Upfront again shocked embarassed sad

more heart attack for me sad

i dont want him to start o sad sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2007
debosky which palacio, the one in boca?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by faceless(m): 11:09pm On Aug 24, 2007
My sweet angel,am really worried abt ur absence on nland,u re so different frm d other girls here,am sorry 4 al d nasty things i eva said 2 u on dis thread . I hope u aint ill,i love u stil
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 11:24pm On Aug 24, 2007
Adebayor would fit properly against Man. City cos of his strength and aggressiveness, but cant count on him to score,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 11:28pm On Aug 24, 2007
he doesn't necessarily have to score. We'll need him to open up the tight defence of man city then the others can do the rest.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 11:34pm On Aug 24, 2007
quite agree wit u,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:39pm On Aug 24, 2007
lol . . .Adebayor might score but that is after giving people countless heart attacks angry grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 11:41pm On Aug 24, 2007
no be me seyi go kill grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:45pm On Aug 24, 2007
Adebayor is my man Jare, and the fans love him, especially the way they sing his name after he scores

I will never forget the chants of Adebayor! Adebayor!! when he scored against the scummies at OT grin

@ dinozzo this dude is Palacios with an 's', some Honduran winger who was on trial, check out gunnerblog for more info.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mrferlie(m): 11:50pm On Aug 24, 2007
ASSANAL arsenal FOR LIFE!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toshmann(m): 11:56pm On Aug 24, 2007
hey mr ferlie, how u dey? long time cheesy mukina extends her greetings and apologies for rejecting you tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2007
Dis Adebayor guy sef? Wonder why Aw never dash am out
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 4:32pm On Aug 25, 2007
Man City is really giving Arsenal a run for their money.
RVP missed a penalty, Schmeichel's son was off his line though but Van Persie should have scored.
Mpenza has been wasteful in front of goal and City is trying to keep their 4th clean sheet.
Where wld this go?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by whitelexi(m): 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2007
I Bow Oh!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 4:39pm On Aug 25, 2007
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

What a goal from Fabregassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
And Man City's record has been smashed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.