Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,649 members, 7,865,610 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:35 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (518153 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2007
Somze, I just watched it yet again. Here's a link so you can see.
http://www.livevideo.com/video/DCADA15410704AAE92782E88EFFDD015/arsslav.aspx

1st goal, lucky, but Hleb takes on 2 defenders, leaving other players free to make runs
2nd goal - lucky deflection
3rd goal - lucky as well, Keeper messes up
4th goal - Beautiful teamwork. Runs off the ball creates opening on the left, exploited by Hleb. Same as 5th goal by Walcott
6th goal Somze! This is PURE football. Doesn't get better (The commentator says the same)
7th goal - beautiful footwork by Eboue leaves Bentdner to run into open space.

That's 4 goals made by excellent football mate. Only 3 goals were from bad defending.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 1:20pm On Oct 24, 2007
Even the Tottenham boys are giving us relunctant praise nowadays,

http://spursclub..com/2007/10/will-tottenham-ever-play-like-arsenal.html
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 1:26pm On Oct 24, 2007
@Banderas
Thanks for helping him do the math you know the number of this goals make it hard to calculate sometimes

@Lordi
So you still remember that satis shit? i used to like it till it started tasting like pork
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jejelolatu(f): 1:29pm On Oct 24, 2007
come on?

the gunners are smoking hot.

all the haterz should sharrap.

its not just about the massacre of slavia.after all the scummies beat kyiv away yesterday.its about GOOD FOOTBALL.

dis u see the string of passes.the connectio.

oh my God.
cat wait to meet liverool and man u.
dey will RUN DOWN. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by SirKay3(m): 1:31pm On Oct 24, 2007
@ Mc Omo & other GOONERS in da house,

I've been reading all your comments and analysis, you guys have been doing great. Keep it up please.

I take a bow again. C ya all.

@ Vieira,

How you dey? Family nko? You don see my mail? I still dey wait o. IM me please.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 1:32pm On Oct 24, 2007
jejelolatu:

oh my God.
cat wait to meet liverool and man u.
dey will RUN DOWN
. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ Sir Kay cheesy
cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2007
@Banderas
That article was hilarious and spot on.And thats the plan this season our enemies will be made to testify to our goodness
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2007
Doesn't Osama know the address of Emirates? angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 2:02pm On Oct 24, 2007
@somze
Osama is a die-hard Gunner the Emirates is safe grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2007
somze:

A-40
Shut up rosenborg is a very strong team undecided
You're diverting away from the topic, besides we had emotional problems then undecided

Banderas
You may want to watch that highlight again grin

who do u guys think will win, Slavia Prague or Rosenborg? grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2007
Rosenborg tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2007
Dont be so pathetic jare na me say make you draw with them tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2007
Banderas:

Even the Tottenham boys are giving us relunctant praise nowadays,

http://spursclub..com/2007/10/will-tottenham-ever-play-like-arsenal.html

The truth sure is bitter, Tottenham's problems are deeper than they think but which one concern me, Gunners keep firing, i'll most definetly be watching Liverpool today, i must say i haven't been too impressed with them all season, a few decent performances but nothing to really shout about, only Torres seems to be the stand out player they have and tinkering Benitez has not been helping his players confidence cause.
I really do think we have a solid chance of picking up all 3 points come Sunday, but let us wait and see
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 2:48pm On Oct 24, 2007
somze:

Rosenborg tongue grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bet if Chelsea had thumped them (Rosenborg)7-0 and Slavia had held us to a 1-1 draw,the answer would have been different grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 2:54pm On Oct 24, 2007
A-40
Na RA wey cause am undecided

HNIC
Obviously grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2007
@ Bandi

you made the most insightful observation about Hleb - defenders are going to try to prevent him from passing, and that frees up Cesc and other players to express themselves. I hear he's now called 'The White Ronaldinho' in some sections of the Emirates cheesy

Hleb's play has been truly exceptional, I pick him as my man of the match, just after Walcott/Fab4.

So the woeful Blue Scum can still talk? cheesy

When you learn how to beat Rosenborg then you can call Slavia a weak team. Your mates are scoring 4 goals and above and all you could manage was a 1-1 draw grin grin

and oh, We beat Sevilla 3-0 as well, two time UEFA Cup Winners, or they are a small team too?

When we deal with Tinkerpool at the weekend, we'll see what they come up with then wink

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 3:48pm On Oct 24, 2007
Hleb has been the revelation this season you cant seem to get the ball of him and he has also added a tough element to his game he doesnt get crocked that easy i mean look at tackles h has been getting these past few games.Who is next on the firing line? my fixture book tells me Liverpool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 12:10am On Oct 25, 2007
simply the Arsenal way
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:30am On Oct 25, 2007
Bandi

choose your words wisely . . . cool

in ur post to Vieira which and which gunner/s do u get amazed at, wondering what club they support ?  embarassed

am not sure u mean to head for some attrition or do u ?  undecided

A40 AND OTHER GOONERS

The jury is still out on this team  . . . . cool

the fact that they have been playing well and winning well don't mean that there are no problems here and there  . . . ESPECIALLY IN THAT LAST LINE OF DEFENCE  cool

A40,

did u watch the game at all ? how could u say Ade had a poor game ? FANTASTIC GAME ? NO

but what with his team play and consistent work rate ?  lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 12:36am On Oct 25, 2007
Arsenal could not recognise their problems unless they the lose.
So i won't be too sad when Arsenal loses
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:41am On Oct 25, 2007
and who are u ? undecided embarassed

Arsenal could not recognise their problems until they the lose >>>> what exactly do u mean ? tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 12:42am On Oct 25, 2007
Mc Omo, I swear I sometimes think me an you are watching different games.

First you talk about a dip in form for Clichy?? what dip.

now you are saying the back 4 is dodgy? How?

Who is dodgy? Sagna? Clichy? Toure? Gallas?

Help me understand o.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 1:00am On Oct 25, 2007
Mr V

yes . . . I agree that we are gunners, but NO I DISAGREE THAT WE SHOULD AGREE ON THE SAME THINGS cool

WE ALL SEE, BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS PERCEPTION cheesy

HOW WE TREAT THE DIFFERENCES IN PERCEPTION JUXTAPOSED WITH RELATING TO OURSELVES INDICATE OUR MATURITY LEVELS cool

I mentioned a dip in Clichy's form; dont u just look at it from a point of view that I am/was prolly expecting too much from him and overlook that ? undecided

I maintain there is a SYNERGY problem with our defence line as a UNIT not as individuals . . . .and I dont mean the problem resurfaces everyday, it kinda depends on what team we play against and tactics adopted cool

though I agree with the back 4 at the moment, we will go places if they show the kind of discipline they showed yesterday cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 8:54am On Oct 25, 2007
MC Omo, can you please justify your statement " the lack of synergy in our defence"? what exactly did you see? What particular play makes you have this opinion? What is this based on?

You say there has been a "dip" in clichy's performance, yet you have no statistics to support it, yet you want us to "just look at it from a point of view that I am/was prolly expecting too much from him and overlook that".

Oga, it doesn't work like that. We can only make decisions based on what you write here, we're not mind readers. You say Clichy's form has fallen. We ask for some justification of the statement. We're not going to justify your statements for you. Surely you know that by default, this forum is aggressive, and not forgiving.

Anyways, it's all good. And Pool lost yesterday. I wonder what jackie's going to say about that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 10:34am On Oct 25, 2007
The problem will get visible when Kolo goes to the Nation's Cup. We're so lucky now cause he takes care of any stupid counter attack that threatens us singlehandedly. I hope our winning streak continues

@somze
whether rosenborg or slavia, the two of them have suffered from Fab's agression, remember roseborg received 5-1 from us last two or three seasons.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 10:38am On Oct 25, 2007
The difference between Arsenal and Chelski is now clear;

Birthday gift for Abrahimovic: 2 - 0
Birthday gift to Arsene Wenger 7 - 0
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 11:25am On Oct 25, 2007
This is a new Rosenborg as we saw from yesterday, they beat Valencia 2-0

When was the last time you did that to valencia . . . tongue

Face it you guys played a weak team abi is slav as strong as schalke now?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 11:41am On Oct 25, 2007
somze:

Somze u can only beat whatever team is put in front of u, so quite nagging about us playing a weaker team, abi na AW do the draws himself, besides what excuse did Chelsea have for drawing with Rosenborg, be careful u lot don't get trashed in Norway, lol
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 12:07pm On Oct 25, 2007
somze:

LOL, I can't remember arsenal playing Valencia in the CL
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2007
Bandi

what is ur problem ? I DONT OWE U, OR DO I ?  angry

imagine u telling me that this forum is typically agressive . . .GEEEZZZZZ!!!  shocked

WHAT NEXT WOULD U TELL ME; THAT SEUN OSEWA IS AN ATHEIST OR THAT JACKAL HAS A PHOBIA FOR ARSENAL ?    embarassed

I been doing sh@t here long before u came on board, cos am now quiet doesnt mean u take jibes at me and I will lie low ! NEVER

MUST U REPLY MY POST EVEN WHEN ITS OBVIOUS I CHOOSE TO BE DIPLOMATICALLY SELECTIVE IN PEOPLE THAT I RELATE WITH SO AM NOT ACCUSED OF UNNECCESARY AGGRESSION ?   cool

I said Clichy looked like he dipped in form a little after the match, does that translate to u that I mean . . .he has lost form ?  

what statistics are u asking for dude ? why sound off like one 'em DSTV boizs or Wikipedia buffs  lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 12:14pm On Oct 25, 2007
HNIC:

LOL, I can't remember arsenal playing Valencia in the CL
When did you start watching the champions league  tongue
I think you guys played when Kanu was around, possibly before 2003  . . .
And thats the only time I can remember you guys meeting, but again I only started football in 1994 so pre-that period you may have met, I don't know.  undecided grin

If I can remember clearly, I think Carew broke your hearts in one of the legs . . . but i'm not so sure
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 12:14pm On Oct 25, 2007
Valencia used to be a hard nut to crack back in the day i mean the Valencia that went to two back to back finals they actually kicked us out of the UCL a couple of times but i would like to see them try that now

@somze
Quit bitching you won and we won by a more convincing margin thats all that matters

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.