Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,412 members, 7,850,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:52 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (515698 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2007
@ A-40,

At the end of the day . . . none of us should be celebrating.
We both dropped 2 massive points . . . . .Chelsea is climbing up fassssssssssssssssssst.
They have nearly killed WIGAN . . . . .They seem to be closing up and racking the points.
See what a stupid line assistant caused . . . . .United should have sealed up this game but its all good . . . .
It was painful because Arsenal got the late equaliser . . . .
Shit would have been more painful to Arsenal if it was United that got the late equaliser like Gallas did . . .
Same results but different perception . . . .Football is crazy.

@ Debosky,

Give us our deserved credits . . . .the only reason u have scored more than United is because u have played Derby County!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont think Man Utd would have celebrated a draw at OT the way Arsenal fans were dancing and yelling like Barbarians.
This proves how formidable and how respected the RED DEVILS are even @ the Emirates.
I have heard excuses like there was no Van Persie . . . we had no SCHOLES as well.
Besides, Arsenal was playing at home . . . .it was up to u GAYnners to open the game up and go for the kill which u couldn't.
U had more possession but u did Bleep ALL with it . . . .4-5-1 was always gonna be weak against a determined side like Man Utd.

Man Utd would be pained more about the draw than Arsenal.
It would have been the same vice versa so we are happy with our position.
Y'all still have to go to difficult places we have been . . . . The last time i checked, u have not won anything outside London this season.
Your GAME IN HAND might also end in a draw so u have to win it FIRST before u start boasting.
The next run of 6 games will definitely determine where the title is heading. . . . . .
On the evidence of what i have seen so far . . . . . .United is ready to defend the title and are still the favourites.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2007
Now let's look forward to the next game
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2007
Anderson didnt do jack.Wenger really needs to teach these boys how to kill teams off another goal after our equaliser would have surely one that game besides whats happening to Rosicky he just didnt cut it today undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2007
I don't know why wenger can't just start with Theo.
Adebayor honestly that guy is completely useless angry.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2007
And d dreaded saha came in and d rest is history
Gunner007
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2007
@Jackal
I agree but it was justice served i am sure you missed Hargreaves ball handling in the box.Well the league is more open than i thought nobody is running away with it just yet
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2007
Jackal:

@ A-40,

At the end of the day . . . none of us should be celebrating.
We both dropped 2 massive points . . . . .Chelsea is climbing up fassssssssssssssssssst.
That makes sense, it bound to happen when
This is a league
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toba1909(m): 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2007
To Man U fans,take it or leave it;The so called small boyz hold you to ransom and even drew @ Emirate,whatz the potentials you've ben claiming you have? Dudes  grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by doyin13(m): 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2007
And why is everyone castigating Adebayor. He held up the ball well at various instances in my opinion.

I dont know if any player except the very best could have done better. It was always going to be a challenge
against Vidic and Ferdinand, but I thought he posed enough questions. It was Hleb who was meant to be supporting him
that really found it tough today. He just couldn't stand up to the physical challenge.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2007
Adebayor is useless no other way to put it, Van Persie should recover in time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by texazzpete(m): 4:59pm On Nov 03, 2007
@Debosky
Trying to make something out of a ball-to-hand situation from less than 2 feet away? Luckily the ref had the sense to ignore the silly claims

toba1909:

To Manchester United fans,take it or leave it;The so called small boyz hold you to ransom and even drew @ Emirate,whatz the potentials you've ben claiming you have? Dudes  grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue

'small boys'?!
Only silly people use that catchphrase. The board and coaching crew have confidence in the current Arsenal squad, enough so that you didnt buy any older players. they've proven their skills and abilities, why then use the cowardly 'small boys' excuse?
And i hardly think coming back from a goal down twice equates to 'holding to ransom'. I'm glad you realise Arsenal were playing at home. Dude, you're expected to win at home, not eke out a draw.
Potentials? we're the English champions. We've hammered teams 4-1 twice in recent times, we beat Chelsea 2-0, we won the league last year 21 points clear of Arsenal. So what other potentials do you wanna see?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toba1909(m): 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2007
texazzpete:

@Debosky
Trying to make something out of a ball-to-hand situation from less than 2 feet away? Luckily the ref had the sense to ignore the silly claims

'small boys'?!
Only silly people use that catchphrase. The board and coaching crew have confidence in the current Arsenal squad, enough so that you didnt buy any older players. they've proven their skills and abilities, why then use the cowardly 'small boys' excuse?
And i hardly think coming back from a goal down twice equates to 'holding to ransom'. I'm glad you realise Arsenal were playing at home. Dude, you're expected to win at home, not eke out a draw.
Potentials? we're the English champions. We've hammered teams 4-1 twice in recent times, we beat Chelsea 2-0, we won the league last year 21 points clear of Arsenal. So what other potentials do you want to see?

You're a slowpoke to have uttered such statement that am silly. You won this and that are all stories and moreover nobody is making excuses about the boys performance or count it on being small,the fact is that everybody take them as small boys and if you read the post very well,i said the so called small boys.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2007
@ TP

I made no comment about the 'handball' incident. It does not concern me wink

Yes we did not win, big deal. The season moves on. We have shown that we can stand up to the so called 'big test'.

After all the other games we won and drew were because the teams were weak and a set of fluke results.

We have shown we can hold our own against the Champions on their top form (don't tell me you weren't top, 8 straight wins with 4 goals in each of the last 4)

That is significant and an achievement for Arsenal. Home or away, we have shown our mettle so far this season, we will continue along those lines. cool

Were you not playing at home when you lost to us last season? Didn't you go ahead to win the premiership?

Don't make a big deal out of this - I'm sure y'all would've loved to have 'ended' another run, but it didn't happen. Suck it up - despite being in the lead, YOU lost the plot and ended up with a draw. We were not at our best yet we showd spirit to come back. That will serve us well on our later encounters and tough games

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 5:24pm On Nov 03, 2007
Debo - they didn't lose the plot, they had a great game. But we matched them. And we didn't even have a proper striker.

Where were Apache and Wazza? They couldn't even see the net. We broke their 4 goal scoring streak men!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 5:39pm On Nov 03, 2007
O my God!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:42pm On Nov 03, 2007
@ Bandi

I get you mate, these SCUM are trying to paint it as if they were expecting to lose and left with a draw.

They did lose the plot, conceding in the 93rd minute after holding a lead for just 10 minutes, conceding 3 minutes into the second half - those are mistakes they made. We were lucky they slipped up, but we forced them into some of the errors.

Good game for us - I hope we keep it up and win more games.

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 5:50pm On Nov 03, 2007
@ Debosky,

Talk is cheap.
United matched your TOTAL FOOTBALL for 90 minutes.
You moved the ball well but u couldnt do any damage in the final third.

No matter how u look at it . . . . .United dealt with the menace of Hleb, Fabregas and Rosicky very well.
I admit it kind of took the offensive play away from Anderson but i will take the results . . .You guys got lucky . . .the goal was a scramble.
Although . . . .a goal is a goal. Evra and Saha carved out your defence and made Gallas and Toure look like foools.
The quality of the goals we scored were far far better than yours.

Anyways, its still a long hard winter. . . . . .the title race is far from over.
Man Utd will be there at the very end but i cannot say the same about Arsenal.
We have more players injured than y'all  so lets see what pans out by christmas.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toba1909(m): 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2007
Lol , So we're to see what happens before Christmas not after today's match again,
Can't you just talk on something else rather than seeking Arsenal's fall?
No lele,we lead MAN U follow. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2007
Where were wazza, Gaza, Razza and Loser? Debo, did you notice that for long periods, the so called "most attacking team" in the premiership were pinned in their own half? Ronaldo, footballer of last season, POCKETED by Clichy like I predicted. Evra? Pocketed by Eboue for large periods. If Hleb didn't go off, I do believe we'd have taken all three points. If Eboue didn't go off, Evra would NEVER had made that run.

But Debo, imagine the sheer determination that Gallas showed by going forward. What the hell was a right-back doing there during open play? As from today, Gallas is totally my captain!

We will keep fighting even if we all die together! Sheer class!

Who's on top of the tables by the way?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by doyin13(m): 6:22pm On Nov 03, 2007
@Banderas

I really don't understand what match u lot were watching.
How can Hleb going off have been a bad thing? He was so clearly overmatched in
the physical game. Clear example-----He got shrugged off the ball by Brown for Utd's first goal.

Up till then Rosicky had played brilliantly defensively and offensively against Brown and Ronaldo. I
still cant believe he outjumped Ronaldo for a header.

Na wa o. Please give credit to whom it is due. Last week Hleb was imperious, this week
he was out of the races.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2007
@ Doyin13,

Trust GAYnners to talk through their asses.
If United had won that game, 90% of the peops posting now wont be here but shit happens . . . .
A draw was a fair result for both teams . . . . .

Meanwhile . . .I think Hleb was outstanding but u don't expect a player of his built NOT to be shrugged off.
Hleb should count himself lucky there was no SCHOLES/KEANE/PHIL NEVILLE on the pitch this afternoon.
Jose Reyes/ career got mashed in 2004 when United stopped Arsenal's unbeaten run.

Blimey!!!!!!!!!!! Pompey seems to be waxing strong.
Beating Newcastle away was outstanding. Benjani seems to have the midas touch these days.
He would have done a better job than that lying bitch called Adebayor . . . .How can that Arrow claim to be 23 years?
This must be the reason why Wenger buys African players . . . .they look young but they are old . .
Thank God . . .Phillip Osundo is retired . . . . . he could have been Wenger's next signing . . . He looks 21 but he is really 58!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by doyin13(m): 6:44pm On Nov 03, 2007
Hehehehehehehehe POMPEEYYYYYYYYY

What can i say. We were off last week. Now we are back to our prime.

About the age thing. . .You should be more respectful towards your elders angry angry grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2007
Two clear mistakes 2day
first starting d match little or no attack and secondly,those changes kind of killd the game. Good game sha its always going to b a tough match and it was.
Dnt seem to understand y ade is so favourd,he was a calamity 2day.Thank GOD for sheer zeal and luck,cos its not about conceeding goals and going down,but d time those goals were scord wld kill d moral of any team. But thank God we came 4rm behind twice. Didnt even know d 2nd goal was in until the ref pointed 2 d centre circle,i cldnt help but shout 4 joy.
Good job by manutd,i hate 2 say dis but they had a better quality game than us 2day.
Gunner007
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2007
@ Tosinadeda,

Word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thunk i was the only one that noticed the quality of the game.
A lotta people have slagged off Tevez and Wazza today but lets face it . . . . , they had no service all day from the midfield.
Anderson and Hargo were too busy with Flamini and Cesc thus cutting off the killer passes players like Tevez would have capitalised on.

In the same vein . . . . Wenger sacrificed a striker to play Hleb in the hole . . . .how do u expect a lone striker to outplay Rio and Vidic.
Adebayor would have been more effective if he had a partner to feed from.
Such is the quality of both teams as both managers had to scarifice something to strike a balance.
Honestly, Both teams played very well and a draw was a fair result.

P.S. Arsenal claims to play TOTAL FOOTBALL but the best move of the game came from Man Utd.
Saha's reverse pass to Evra was top draw . . . . .Louis took out 4 Arsenal defenders with that pass to find Evra.
That was the best move of the game.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . . . .Watch out for CHELSEA.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by finestboy2(m): 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2007
As far as am concerned, Manu won that match
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 8:13pm On Nov 03, 2007
Good talk jackal but i think the duo of anderson and hargreaves were outplayed in a way cos ours were able 2 lay 2 to 3 passes 4 ade. Imagine rooney and tevez in place of ade and u will see my point
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 8:50pm On Nov 03, 2007
Two good teams cancelling each other out.

The goals:

The first one by Man U was shambolic, Gallas should have done better
The 2nd from Arsenal was down to good work by Sagna and Fabregas keeping a cool head
The 3rd goal was a disgrace, why did Alumania rush out like that? Did he not see Gallas going out as well? Nonsense. That was all the keepers fault despite Theo letting Evra go by.
The 4th was all about desire and refusing to lose, heads did not drop and we kept at it.

Anderson is a disgrace rolling around like a prat.

We played better in the midfield and defence but had no cutting edge in the box.
Man U had more cutting edge in the final 3rd.

I wanted the 3 points but I am now relieved to not lose!

I got jumped by some many people during the celebrations, I now have a headache.

I took great pleasure in singing "there's only one granny shagger, one granny shagger" and "we are top of the league, we are top of the league"

This result suits Chelsea the most.

Jackal we will meet at Old Trafford, I hope I can get a ticket for that match.

I thought we played
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2007
Ok, did I hear anyone say Hleb was poor. He was the only one that ran at the Scumming defence. His passes where comparable to those of Fab4. He always went for balls even those he knew he had no possibilty to win. What else does a coach want. To me he was the most hardworking player we had today.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 10:30pm On Nov 03, 2007
Hang on a minute: Why are people saying we scraped a draw? The actuality of it is that ManU only scored one goal. We scored 2, we didn't need a lucky deflection
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 10:43pm On Nov 03, 2007
Banderas, did you go to the match??

I apparently was all over Sky TV!! I got so many calls from peeps.

One of the best atmospheres at the Emirates ever.

The singing was constant.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2007
Why are u guys slatting off Adebayor, he may not be the most lethal finisher in the world but u can't question his hold up play, in a game like this one there were very little or no chance epecially as he was playing up front alone.

In all a poinnt was well deserved, i don't feel we saw the full Man U, i wish they had come out to play but that was never going to happen, its a goood thing the smash and grab tactic did not work cos i would have felt agrieved if they had taken all 3 pouint with those tactics.

Fab v Anderson - Fab won this one cos he he contributions were more telling
Clichy v Ronaldo - Well Ronaldo was quiet up until the goal which Clichy was not responsible for
Ade v Vidic - Playing as a lone striker Vidic n ferdinand had him

Wenger should never have taken Eboue off, he was one of Arsenal's best players on the day, Walcott is still not ripe enough for these kindda games. Eboue kept Evra from running riot down the right, the moment he came off lightening struck.

Gallas showed guts and determination, now that one brother u want next to u in a fight, did u see his aftermatch interview "Talking of dying together". No questions of him being captain now.

Overall a draw was just fair enough for bothe teams, but look out Chelsea r coming up fast, we probably need Liverpool to stel points off them else we'll just have to do it ourselves
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 11:50am On Nov 04, 2007
Class between Rio and Fabregas

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.