Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,963 members, 7,848,904 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:47 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (514764 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tommyex(m): 11:17am On Feb 26, 2008
YES CHUKS
i saw d news myself,I can bet you that Kaka will play but he may be match rusty,so i feel its a + 4 us.Walcott cant start against milan,he ll be missin
RVP will be back bt will be on the bench,
We ll play a 4-5-1 formation and play on the counter.

We have hope,and galles needs 2 watch PIPO,he is back 2 scoring late goals ooo

A-Villa match may even be a tougher match cos wenger cant afford 2 rest players,lets see sha
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:39am On Feb 26, 2008
What is so 'on-form' about Lehmann chopping 4 goals at OT?

Even Fabiansky would have stepped up his game after that to prevent a complete disgrace to himself.

Lehmann was not fantastic at all, he made a few saves, but after chopping 4, I was not really impressed. tongue

No one is white washing Almunia - his positioning was a little off. . .under the circumstances, it is understandable - There is no guarantee that Lehmann would have saved that shot either. I am confident of one thing - unless Almunia screws up or is injured, you won't see Lehmann in an Arsenal shirt on the pitch till we lift the title or for his send-off game. cool

Ade and Bendtner are all we have (+Walcott) right now, I think they are both too similar - both are big No. 9 strikers so they tend to focus more on scoring, but obviously Bendtner has a much bigger footballing brain than Ade.

I think the beef between them is overrated - can't you see that they both now have the same haircut? grin grin

They will be fine - AW will sort out the issues soon enough and Bendtner better get over his ego or find himself on the way out in the summer. tongue

Kaka out? I really doubt that - in a CL game, AC will play Kaka even if he has one broken leg like dudu. . .he is way too important for them.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 11:44am On Feb 26, 2008
well i guess a half fit kaka will not be so bad for us
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tommyex(m): 11:55am On Feb 26, 2008
Almunia is a small time keeper,He could have conceeded if he was in goal in d 1st leg.

He hasnt done well in any big match,esp the ManU 1st leg.
I ll prefer lehman back sha if jus 4 UCL.
If we manage 2 score 1st walcott can be useful as a sub with his pace,btw is Nesta backok,make i check
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 3:31pm On Feb 26, 2008
@Debosky

are u getting infected ? shocked

how can u say Bendtner has a bigger footballing brain than Adebayor ? THAT I THINK, IS THE FALLACY OF THE YEAR !

Bendtner is one of the wackest players in our team right now . . .he has sucked real hard in most of the games played this year, even whn Ade appears off-form he still plays better than Bendtner, so what exactly are we talking about ? undecided

Lehmann is a better keeper than Almunia, save for his erratic nature . . . ERRATIA NA SERIOUS DISEASE ! but I don dey find for vaccine for am grin

I prefer him (Lehmann) in between the sticks against AC, and I wonder what would have happened if it were Almunia in post against Manure are u saying he wouldnt have conceded 4 goals ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 3:39pm On Feb 26, 2008
@ Kit

don't get me wrong, Ade can hustle, bustle score great goals - but you have to admit he can be as dull as a mule at times

he gets miles offside without realising it at times, his passes are not the best and his vision is average at best.

Bendtner doesn't have the drive or power of Ade, nor his strength, but when it comes to laying passes for team-mates or seeing opportunities, Bendtner beats Ade in my book. cool The boy still has a lot of learning to do - temperament and some team spirit, but in the long run I believe he will be better than Ade if he can overcome those issues.

Lehmann may be a better keeper, but I'd rather stick with a goalie who I know what he is going to do - not get sent off, get stupid yellow cards or make his defenders unsettled. With Almunia, what you see is what you get - no ERRATIA grin grin or dementia or undue histrionics - just a dedicated professional. cool

Would Almunia have chopped 4 goals? Probably, who knows? All I was trying to say is that you can hardly say a goalie had a good game after conceding 4. I would prefer Almunia against AC, he won't be rash, he won't do something stupid for the wily foxes to capitalize on.

He has been consistent over the long haul, even though he has his flaws. Lehmann is simply a big risk we can't afford unless we are forced to.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 6:27pm On Feb 26, 2008
We are going through a blip no doubt as for Saturday's game blaming Clichy is very unfair how about our strikers that where missing chance after chance?Why is Bendtner still at Arsenal?I was disappointed by Gallas's reaction why was he throwing tantrums like a barely legal chic when he should have been giving the keeper motivation and keeping his head up.I insist Bendtner is shyte and Wenger this is why we say you should buy players i just hope this is the lowest point we could go we are still up by 3 points and Villa should face the axe.One more thing Wenger made some poor substitutions bringing in Denilson and Gilberto when the game wasnt safe?Parnaby took full advantage since he was Hleb's man and Hleb was off
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 6:32pm On Feb 26, 2008
Dudu get well soon.RVP it is sink or swim time we need you fit
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 6:41pm On Feb 26, 2008
Besides i think Wenger should consider going back to his good old 4-5-1 till RVP comes back
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 7:08pm On Feb 26, 2008
Get well soon Dudu.
Just when he was showing us what a cold blooded striker he could be.
RVP should soon be back
Its crunch time and I believe this current squad is up to it!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 7:12pm On Feb 26, 2008
A-40

wetin you dey do for AA center in Dallas? I need some cheap tickets bro wink

4-5-1? maybe not quite yet. . .if we get one or two midfielders fit, we can play 4-4-2 with either Walcott or Bendtner pairing up with Ade. 4-5-1 is not needed for games like this, except maybe when we face Chelski.

@ HNIC

what is your honest opinion on Bendtner? MC Omo seems to feel he is not up to scratch
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 7:32pm On Feb 26, 2008
A-40:

We are going through a blip no doubt as for Saturday's game blaming Clichy is very unfair how about our strikers that where missing chance after chance?Why is Bendtner still at Arsenal?I was disappointed by Gallas's reaction why was he throwing tantrums like a barely legal chic when he should have been giving the keeper motivation and keeping his head up.I insist Bendtner is shyte and Wenger this is why we say you should buy players i just hope this is the lowest point we could go we are still up by 3 points and Villa should face the axe.One more thing Wenger made some poor substitutions bringing in Denilson and Gilberto when the game wasnt safe?Parnaby took full advantage since he was Hleb's man and Hleb was off

You just scored a bull's eye.I know AW is fond of asking"why buy stars when you can make them"?whenever he is advised to buy one or more proven players.When asked what he would do with say 60m pounds,during a transfer window,he answers"I will hand it right back"Yes,Mr AW,you have  proved your point already that you are the master of the game when it comes to grooming young talents,but pray someone tell me,when was it that a trophy was awarded to anybody by the FA for grooming the most young talents and "saving" money for your club,cos I seem to have been missing the event.

Abeg ooo,make anybody no use elegere toy with this EPL trophy wey don reach our hand finish
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:36pm On Feb 26, 2008
@debosky
No mind me i am thinking ahead for the Milan game lol.Bendtner is shyte.Walcott has shown flashes of brilliance but Bendtner is just garbage.As for AA center that is my second home ooh are you down with the Mavericks too?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 7:40pm On Feb 26, 2008
Mc Omo:

why are we atttempting to paint Almunia white after all we have seen he is a little bit off form in a few matches past for crying out loud ? why in heaven's name didnt he just arrange his wall properly ? and who says Lehmann has played his last game ? now[b] THATS A BIG JOKE ![/b] grin

I maintain[b] GALLAS IS MY CAPTAIN ! [/b] tongue grin

truly so, I wonder why Ade and Bendtner should be played together upfront, Ade will never pass to Bendtner and when he does HE WILL PASS TOO SHORT OR PASS TOO LONG grin

not that Bendtner himself is good enough anyway grin

Lehman still remains a Gunner,I'm happy you are not carried away by Bendtner's one off performances which have been scarce for quite sometime now
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Millena(m): 8:35pm On Feb 26, 2008
As of 5pm UK time on Tuesday a staggering 12,500 emails of support for Eduardo had been sent to Arsenal.com. They have come since the website gave fans from all across the world their chance to offer hope and suppor to the Croatian striker as he begins his long recovery from a broken leg.
If you would like send a message e-mail : gunners@ arsenal.co.uk . Please keep your messages down to a couple of sentences and include your full name, age and where you come from. Arsenal.com will collate them, put them into a book and give them to Eduardo.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 8:58pm On Feb 26, 2008
Difficult times come in life; football is included i think the time has passed for Arsenal this season.
The Gunners can now start gunning
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 9:04pm On Feb 26, 2008
For sure! difficult times come in life; football is included tha time is last week for arsenal and i think the time has passed for Arsenal this season.
The Gunners can now start gunning
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 9:09pm On Feb 26, 2008
MC Omo, ypu back the wierdest players o!

First it was Giberto over Flamini, now it is Lehmans over Alumunia.

I will always pick Manuel first, he calms the defence a lot more than Lehsman.

Akolawale welcome back o, why couldn't your boys help me spank Tottenhman?? Now all the yeye spud fans in my office are running their mouths.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 9:34pm On Feb 26, 2008
Hey Gunners,I was just thinking of ways that we could get more closely knitted as a unit.I mean it's good we drop our lines on nairaland,but I doubt if up to 5% of us have been able to establish physical/phone/mail contacts,especially amongst gooners resident within a particular area.C'mon guys I feel we should do this,so any I need for you guys to chip in ideas o how we could go about this,any takes
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 1:30am On Feb 27, 2008
@Raputin

I dey fear Militants o ! grin I no just fit drop my digits like dat wink

@Vieira

yes . . .I support the weirdest players in ur own weird opinion grin

at least u believe Hoyte is better than Sagna and Eboue combined together shocked

and u feel Almunia is the best keeper in the world undecided well truth be said I PREFER LEHMANN TO BE IN GOAL AGAINST AC MILAN . . . if Almunia likes LET HIM A BREAK A TOE OR SUMTIN' grin and that prior to the match at San Siro tongue

I used to pick Gilberto over Flam but now I CAN RIGHTLY SAY AM IMPRESSED WTH FLAMSTER ! or were u expecting anything less ? THE GUY HAS BEEN OUTSTSNDING where is Jayceesh ? wink

BENDTNER IS SH@T ! HE IS SH@T . . . EVEN IF HE SCORES A HATRICK AGAINST ASTON VILLA . . . I MAINTAIN HE IS SH@T ! grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:49am On Feb 27, 2008
Vieira:

Akolawale welcome back o, why couldn't your boys help me spank Tottenhman?? Now all the yeye spud fans in my office are running their mouths.

That team na fake Chelsea jare.

Dont mind them.

@Mc Omo

Just continue to singularly CHOP that Alausa money. shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 1:58am On Feb 27, 2008
WHY DO You THINK WORMEDUP HAS BEEN A LOT QUIETER THESE DAYS ? I DON MAKE SURE SAY HIN SEF DEY CHOP FROM GOFAMENT MONEY grin grin

@Akola

when will u accept that Grant is[i] THE BONAFIDE COACH OF CHELSEA AND NOT MUMURINHO  shocked[/i]  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 2:15am On Feb 27, 2008
No wonder!

So wormy dey that level as well.

What of Rikky? im no dey worry you again ba

Mr Grant is my Coach. He is definitely our Oga's choice and i no get option.

I will accept him wholeheartedly upon fulfilling the following condition;

1) He must ADMIT we Cannot play like Arsenal,

2) He must stop criticizing Jose's style of playing. Imagine calling a winner an outdated Coach.

3) He must win big games NOt derby/ Wenger them matches.

4) He must beat at SB United and Arsenal by at least 3 goals

5) He must make a significant substitution AT LEAST ONCE.

6) He must get a licence at last EVEN IF ITS OLUWOLE ONE.

7) He must admit he is no where near Jose.

More to come
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 3:09am On Feb 27, 2008
@Akola

BRAVO ! cheesy

all u have succeeeded in saying is ; CHELSEA IS A CLASS-LESS CLUB JUST LIKE WE HAVE BEEN TELLING U ! grin

now . . .what exactly are u going to blame for a trophyless season ? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 8:29am On Feb 27, 2008
@ Debosky

Bendtner can go on to be a super player.He has a good eye for goal and he's got a great leap in the box(The goal against Spurs in the league a few weeks back).His hold up play is also very good.
The only problem he has is that he doesn't work hard for the team,u know, like helping out when we need all the players to track back and defend.
My only problem with the front line is, 'WHY THE HECK DOES HLEB MAKE ONE MORE PASS WHEN HE CAN PULL THE TRIGGER'. ,
It's so bad that even when I see him in front of goal(with the goalie beaten),i still expect a pass from him grin grin grin.
He could do with scoring more goals.He's by far, one of the most creative players,not just in Arsenal but in the entire EPL, WE need ROS and RVP back as soon as possible.
We are still marching on!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 11:14am On Feb 27, 2008
Best Statement Ever:

As fans too we have to recognise we have a role to play too. These
players are Arsenal players, they're our lads, they're fighting for
the championship. Bleep the critics, Bleep the begrudgers, Bleep the
other fans, Bleep the Sky TV pundits, Bleep the BBC, Bleep that fucking
little cunt Garth Crooks, Bleep Martin Taylor, Bleep Alex McLeish and
Bleep whoever's left.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 11:32am On Feb 27, 2008
MC Omo

I don bow for Sagna o! I did that from the moment Sagna started playing. but I still prefer Hoyte to Eboue as a right back despite his last horror performance. tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:12pm On Feb 27, 2008
me sef don bow for Flamini o . . .albeit late grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 12:59pm On Feb 27, 2008
@McOmo

You no serious at all.

At least my players dont behave like Thugs on the field of play wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 1:43pm On Feb 27, 2008
Thats because they are busy being thugs in the dressing room and during training, in front of the owner shocked CEO shocked and News crew shocked That by the time they get on the field of play, THEY ARE ALL THUGGED OUT!! grin grin

grin GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by asquare2: 4:53pm On Feb 27, 2008
enybody dat hates arsenal hetes real and good foot ball
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toba1909(m): 9:47pm On Feb 27, 2008
I wish Dudu a speedy recovery,

Guyz,
Howz da match against Villa wanna be?

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.