Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,644 members, 7,865,593 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:18 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (518151 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 9:08pm On Apr 13, 2008
C_JAY:

@lord
Dude what are u on to?
Why are u implying that I said finishing ahead of arsenal is tantamount to winning the league.

well how do u interpret this 4rm u then?

C_JAY:

Man, I can't lie, finishing 2nd ahead of those arses feels great anyday!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 9:14pm On Apr 13, 2008
@lordimpaq
I thought I was the only on that read that. . .

@C-JAY
Finishing second above Arsenal is no different from us finishing third above our new sworn enemies, Liverfluke.
You don't see us jumping around. dig?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2008
eldee:

@C JAY
swear down, I don't blame you, and the rest of u chavs
First thing you gota realise is Arsene Wenger is more sucessful than Chelsea
Just because he's off-form now does not mean anything, dig?

He's off form for 3 seasons? What are you talking about dude?

eldee:

@somze
Sincerely speaking, do you think Chelski can win anything this season?
I cannot wait to laugh when Liverfluke does the regular trashing they've done two times tongue tongue
I don't know but that's the best thing that can happen to me this season, save Abmoneymovich getting bankrupt grin

Now your season is over and there is absolutely nothing to talk about your team. . so the next thing is to wish bad for chelsea!!!!
Guess what ? weeks ago nobody expected us to do anything meaningful this season. . . so if we don't win anything this season, it's no surprise to any chelsea fan. . . you predicted you will win the premiership, we all know what happened . . . now you are predicting Chelsea not winning anything. .  did you predict Chelsea will be second. . !!!
Do you know you might not even be third but fourth? Keep predicitng man. . . by tomorrow we'l be 6pts ahead when you were once 9 pts ahead. . .since there is nothing else to talk about Arsenal,  you can keep predicting !!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2008
eldee:

@C-JAY
Finishing second above Arsenal is no different from us finishing third above our new sworn enemies, Liverfluke.
You don't see us jumping around. dig?

We are not jumping around either. . finishing above Arsenal is not a great achievement, any team can . . . being 3 pts behind ManU with a game to play against them is great achievement . . finishing 9pts behind ManU when you were once 6pts ahead is appaling!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 9:38pm On Apr 13, 2008
being 3 pts behind ManU with a game to play against them is great achievement
You see were you got it wrong?
1999, we were close to winning all the trophies with Man Utd, ask any Dick or Harry old today what he remebers bout that year.
No one remembers Dennis's lost penalty in the FA Cup, no one remembers our drpped points in the EPL.
What they remember is who did the treble. If you guys don't win, three points behing Man Utd don't count for nothing.
No one cares if we were hundred points on top, or whose manager got fired in five years' time, all that matters is the winner.

If we're meant to be talking bout achievements, we finishing as title contenders is big.
After being tipped to lose out on the last UCL space to Tottenham, but we're not singing bout it
Why, we've been there.

He's off form for 3 seasons? What are you talking about dude?
Chelsea was off for how many years, they still got seeded in the Champ League
AW is big, he's a genius, he's more sucessful than the whole of Chelsea.
That's what I'm saying.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 9:42pm On Apr 13, 2008
Arsene Wenger is the best manager in the world,though he doesn't know how to fortify a team grin grin grin. Hmmm,i hope next season will not be like tbis or else Ass anal will go on relegation.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 9:56pm On Apr 13, 2008
eldee:

Chelsea was off for how many years, they still got seeded in the Champ League
AW is big, he's a genius, he's more sucessful than the whole of Chelsea.
That's what I'm saying.

You laugh at your shameful posting. Can you pls explain it? Fools.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nightrider: 9:59pm On Apr 13, 2008
Omo na wa oo!!! Arsene Wenger is the most clueless person in the history of the premiership.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:20pm On Apr 13, 2008
eldee:

What they remember is who did the treble.

Yes you are right. . treble of no trophies!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 10:22pm On Apr 13, 2008
You laugh at your shameful posting. Can you please explain it? Fools
You obviously need to learn you soccer.
Place all what Chelsea has achieved in hundred years, I'll bring what AW achieved in less than 20 years.
Chelsea has only won three League titles, Should we start counting what what AW has lifted.
What's Chelsea's highest UCL achievment?
dude don't get me started, there's the whole of the internet if u've not been in footie long enough.

Freaking hell man, Chelsea didn't win one single league trophy in fifty years!!!

Yes you are right. . treble of no trophies!!!!
Smart move mate, using humour to avoid the main point wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jgirl3: 10:24pm On Apr 13, 2008
Eldee - seashells want to think they are one of the big 4.

Where was chelsea when man u, liverfools and arses winning games?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 10:28pm On Apr 13, 2008
Eldee why are you crying over your spilled "Kunu"? It is not how far but how well. Chlelsea is hereto stay and have been doing so since the revolution. hheeee hheeee cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 11:10pm On Apr 13, 2008
Eldee - seashells want to think they are one of the big 4.

Where was chelsea when man u, liverfools and arses winning games?
Don't get me wrong, they won trophies ooh, like the East-London Challenge Cup, against Charlton cheesy
Do u know that head to head games between Wenger V Chelsea, Wenger has won more?

Eldee why are you crying over your spilled "Kunu"? It is not how far but how well. Chlelsea is hereto stay and have been doing so since the revolution. hheeee hheeee
Revolution? hehehe. . .u make it sound like it's the civil war or sumn
I've got no beef wiv u guys, just that u lot should keep quiet when scummers and liverflukes are dissing Wenger.
Especially whe your manager admitted that his lifetime dream is to be like AW.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by justkunmi(m): 12:23am On Apr 14, 2008
At last. . .the muppet has seen the light. . . grin

WENGER: IT`S ALL OVER

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger admitted his team's title hopes are now over following Sunday's 2-1 defeat by Manchester United at Old Trafford

Emmanuel Adebayor opened the scoring just after half-time with what looked like his arm but Cristiano Ronaldo equalised from the spot after William Gallas handled and Owen Hargreaves grabbed the winner with a precision free-kick 18 minutes from time.

The result put United six points ahead of Chelsea, who play Wigan on Monday, with Arsenal now a further three points back.

"Yes we are out," Wenger said afterwards.

"We played with quality and spirit, and I'm very proud of our performance. What can you do?

"We had plenty of chances and we were really unlucky not to win."

Wenger was at a loss to explain the turnaround in the Gunners' season, having been five points clear at the beginning of February, but feels luck has not been on their side.

"The last two months, we have been not very lucky - and you could see that again," he said.

"It's difficult to find an obvious reason when you see that performance today."

There have been suggestions the lack of depth and experience in Arsenal's squad has contributed to their downfall, but Wenger believes the players he has can win silverware.

"I believe this team is good enough," he added.

"We had a dip since March and we need to look at why, but the biggest target is to keep the team together.

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3419461,00.html
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 12:42am On Apr 14, 2008
4play,
Liam and his brother would have been better off as Man U fans especially with their foul and uncouth attitude. Well it proved my point that most people born and bred in Manchester are City fans tongue. I have changed from the tearjerker to Queen's song "The show must go on". cool

All my Arsenal brothers and sisters, let's not give up, we will rise again wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by topeorekoy(m): 8:19am On Apr 14, 2008
our season is officially over. wenger shld now sit down and evaluate his team and make good signing for next season.

we need cover for FAB4 so that wen we r playing the likes of wigan, fulham, etc he will be rested. we also need a good strike that can come in for adebayor( i dont knw, to me the guy isnt a point man) all his misses aint just a trademark of a point man. though he has proved beyond doubt that he has matured but we need a very good striker. we also need a quality cover hleb someone that can unleash a shot. in summary we need

play maker
an attacker
supporting striker
quality wingers

an finally gallas shld please sit up as a captain, he didnt lead his wards like a true captain.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 8:49am On Apr 14, 2008
justkunmi:

At last. .

Huuurrrrrrrrr,bored and yawns
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 9:04am On Apr 14, 2008
Like I said some months ago,Arsene knows but he didn't know to accept the GBP70 million given to him to beef up the squad ESPECIALLY IN THE JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW when we were reeling from the stress and strain of injuries and the squad was significantly depleted because of the ACN in Accra(still can't believe we didn't buy players then).

To me that speaks less of an ambitious desire especially after going 3 seasons without a trophy.

Though there's no disputing the fact that AW is a very good tactician cum manager,this his Ijebu attitude is the reason why we have so surrendered the title this term.

In the words of a dear friend,Arsenal is a great club and GOONERS can do with some titles and not always Wengernomics
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 9:12am On Apr 14, 2008
topeorekoy:

in summary we need
play maker
an attacker
supporting striker
quality wingers

What of the backline,it worries(worried?,as the season is over) the way our team,especially the backline cannot(could not) defend a lead.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by topeorekoy(m): 9:25am On Apr 14, 2008
my main concern abt the back line is gallas. for crying out loud out, he is the captain and why cant he organise his backline? he is just there blaming pple for the mistake and who blamed him for the handball yesterday
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 10:17am On Apr 14, 2008
Hmmmm, outplayed the scummies on their dirty patch yet we lost, i saw the game and i got that feeling of deja vu the moment we scored, stupid Gallas why didn't he throw a tantrum after he gave away the penalty (That french Arrow needs a good bollocking), if that was Clichy, Gallas would have sulked all day.

Anyway Arsenal played better than i expected, if we had a Torres or Henry, United would have been staring down a humiliating defeat, Jackal what happened to the bashing u promised us at OT Although it hurts for the season to end this way there are a lot of positives to take from this, Wenger should definetly know that we need about 4-5 class players and the likes of Hoyte, Lehmann, Senderos and Gilberto can Bleep off (Sorry Berti), the rest make good squad players (Diaby, Eboue, Bendtner).
We need;
- An able and effective cover for Fab
- An effective winger that hugs the touchline for dear life
- A CB to give KT and WG a run for their positions, especially Gallas
- A striker who doesn't need 6 chances to score 1 (then walks aroung thinking he's the shyte)

In all we are heading in the right direction, we may not have won anything this season but the signs are there for the rest of the premiership to see

I did not see Ronaldo again (the effing self-servicer spent half the game in Clichy's pocket, heck he couldn't even get past our make shift right back).
AW just needs a bit more time with this team, the work is almost complete and i believe next season we will manifest if Wenger deals rightly in the transfer market.

How quickly many of y'all forget, Wenger should not be sacked just like HNIC said he should be given a shake up from that comfort zone he's at

and by the way apart from HNIC and myself didn't anyone notice how well Song played (Kept Rooney rather quiet), i don't understand why people want him out, he did much better than Senderos and is very versatile (Midfield and Defence), i say keep him and start using him more often, i think he might have even done better than Berti did,

Now i guess the only thing to do is sit down n watch United n Chelsea kill each other over the title, i won't lie as much as it hurts me to say this i would rather United win it cos Chelse'a game plan is to bore the rest of the EPL with their football then steal the title while u sleep.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 10:46am On Apr 14, 2008
@Chukdee
You don't seem to undersand, Wenger has categorically stated thathe won't be forced into pressure buying. The maximum we can expect next season is maybe an extra striker or sumn.
In my opinion if he refuses to break the banks, then who we need is an Arteta/Huddlestone, that will make it easy for Fab4 to cool down and play normal football. I don't even mind him coming in January.

You have to admit that our squad when fit is a very complete one.
Almunia- Very good goalie, First choice in any team
Toure- Used to be a rock, till Gallas came
Gallas- Chelsea still wishes they never sold him
Clichy- The best LB in England
Sagna- This is Wenger's stroke of luck
Fabreagas- PFA nominee for two seasns says it all
Flamini- Tireless worker
Adebayor- Apart from Henry, our first twenty goal a seson striker since Anelka
Eduardo/ Van Persie- Any team would beg for these players

The problem is the second half of the season, and Wenger has refused to see that part.
So, I'm not in a hurry to critisize him, I'll just say he needs sumone that can tell him he's sackable.

Also, we need to start getiing 4-5-1ish, How else can we stop teams from equalising?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 11:01am On Apr 14, 2008
@ Eldee

You're right, part of our problem is mental, we couldn't keep our momentum going and all of a sudden we started collapsing under small pressure, we need more mental strenght as well as more bodies to enhance competition for positions and provide more cover
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by topeorekoy(m): 11:10am On Apr 14, 2008
y cant adebayor convert chances with all the balls from his team mates? must he squander 6-7 goals b4 he scores 1? we need a big time cover for him, someone who can control the ball one time, cos that has been his major let down this season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tboy1(m): 11:20am On Apr 14, 2008
topeorekoy:

y can't adebayor convert chances with all the balls from his team mates? must he squander 6-7 goals before he scores 1? we need a big time cover for him, someone who can control the ball one time, because that has been his major let down this season

Even though im not a big fan of adebayor, I think his control is very good especially in the air - His only problem is putting the ball in the net. If he had converted 80% of the chances giving to him this season into goals, he would  had comfortably hit 40 goals this season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 11:21am On Apr 14, 2008
eldee:

@Chukdee
You don't seem to undersand, Wenger has categorically stated thathe won't be forced into pressure buying. The maximum we can expect next season is maybe an extra striker or sumn.
In my opinion if he refuses to break the banks, then who we need is an Arteta/Huddlestone, that will make it easy for Fab4 to cool down and play normal football. I don't even mind him coming in January.

You have to admit that our squad when fit is a very complete one.
Almunia- Very good goalie, First choice in any team
Toure- Used to be a rock, till Gallas came
Gallas- Chelsea still wishes they never sold him
Clichy- The best LB in England
Sagna- This is Wenger's stroke of luck
Fabreagas- PFA nominee for two seasns says it all
Flamini- Tireless worker
Adebayor- Apart from Henry, our first twenty goal a seson striker since Anelka
Eduardo/ Van Persie- Any team would beg for these players

The problem is the second half of the season, and Wenger has refused to see that part.
So, I'm not in a hurry to critisize him, I'll just say he needs sumone that can tell him he's sackable.

Also, we need to start getiing 4-5-1ish, How else can we stop teams from equalising?

sorry to burst ur bubble . . . cool

Almunia wouldnt make just about any team in the world as 1st choice  cool

moreso Toure and Gallas are the two agbayas that have wrecked the team most this season with their spoardic shambolic defending . . . . angry

u would hardly see VIDA do what monsieur Gallas did yesterday . . .dude is so foolish I hope Wenger gets the captain's band off him this season . . .HE WAS TO ME THE MAJOR CAUSE OF THE DEGRADATION OF MENTAL BELIEF THAT THE BOYS USED TO HAVE  embarassed

Clichy as good as he was all season was culpable of loss of concentration on 2 or 3 occasions . . .sad sad  cry

Adebayor was to me the reflection of the season . . . .a total one  cool do guys imagine what would have happened if Togo had qualified for CAN or if someone like Savage had crippled him  

how do expect to play him in an Henry-like role and get the best from him   he needed all the support he could get but rather we were busy overburdening him and expecting miracles . . .where are our midfielders to score goals like CRON has been scoring or even Lampard has  

save for CESC who else was scoring   we need to get Hleb as brilliant as he is to SCORE GOALS, if u are that brilliant and dont score goals whats the end product  undecided

most guys were fond of saying if RVP were to be fit . . .he wont miss that chance bla bla bla . . .WHEN HE BECAME FIT WHAT DID HE PLAY   ABSOLUTE RUBBISH . . .SQUANDERING CHANCES LIKE NO MAN'S BIZZNIZZ

if the guy is gonna continue being a liablity LET HIM GO and take Rosicky along  sad we cant afford to have injury worrries all the time  embarassed

players that should go include Bendtner, Gilberto, Hoyte, Diaby, Eboue why for f@ck sake is AW playing the dude as a winger when he just is not getting the work done embarassed

and why must our bench be perennially thin   are we suppose to be breeding kids that will mature only cos AW is interested in making the money for stakeholders . . .oh I see like I have been saying he is way too comfortable now y'all can see what I have been saying  embarassed

Its so sad that I have been saying all these things even when we seemed to be contented with leading the table at any cost . . .THE PROBLEM HAD ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR ALL TO SEE . . . . cool

WENGER WHY ARE U DOING THIS TO US U BLOODY PROUD FRENCHMAN  cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by topeorekoy(m): 11:32am On Apr 14, 2008
really, WG caused a major havoc psychologically for my team. he shld quit blaming if he wants to continue being my captain. and pls wenger, never play eboue as a winger again
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 11:48am On Apr 14, 2008
@Tope

padi mi . . . wink

all is well jare . . . cool

what makes it sad is just the exposure that DSTV/HITV coverage offers that has made more people conscious else it wont be this painful . . . .imagine the no of DSTV bois we have these days  embarassed

some would even tell u that Chelsea is the most achieved club in England  grin some rant that Manure has won more league titles than any other team in England  shocked well sha . . . .God dey  cool

beautiful read on yesterday's game. . .http://arseblog.com/WP/
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by holythug(m): 11:53am On Apr 14, 2008
yea yea. . .hail ass-anal fans, wat u gonna do now grin

dearest muki, sorry to disappoint u naw grin

good of dat hand ball goal u guys had
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 1:52pm On Apr 14, 2008
Adebayor taunting Ronaldo? PRICELESS.

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by topeorekoy(m): 2:14pm On Apr 14, 2008
Jackal.:

Adebayor taunting Ronaldo? PRICELESS.

thats the spirit even wen u lose to ur arch rival
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 2:29pm On Apr 14, 2008
Spirit? grin grin grin grin

Gaynners have no spirit!!!!!
Me thinks spirit is leading the table with 5 points clear in February and maintaining the momentum and consistency.
I also think spirit is fighting hard to achieve. . . . . Just like Man Utd did against Boro and Arsenal(yesterday).

Adebayor was just admiring the best player in the world and thinking. . . .Can i ever be like him?
In all honesty, Adebayor has improved immensely. . . . He is by far one of Arsenal's big performers on the big stage.
Wenger should take the blame and should be held accountable for the Gaynners capitulation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.