Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,029 members, 7,863,690 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:55 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (517816 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 10:48pm On Jun 29, 2008
Congratulations Cesc Fabregas
I'm soooooo happy for you man
Congratulations David Villa,too bad you could not add to your goal tally,but good enough,you won the golden boot
Congratulations Spain

Rasputinn
Rooting for Cesc Fabregas
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vichel(m): 3:31am On Jun 30, 2008
ade is a scum, he doesn't hv to give us threats about leavin, if we dn't meet his demands, if he wants to go, he cud go, am sure arsenal will stil hv an awesome season, and i cud bet my whole pay check 4 a year dat he wudn't smell 30 goals if he goes to either milan or barca
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ajibey(m): 7:33am On Jun 30, 2008
Congratulations to Cesc Fabregas after losing out of the premiership and champions league you finally crowned the losses winning the EUROPEAN CUP with spain.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 7:38am On Jun 30, 2008
Why ar u guys castigating Ade? Is it wrong for a player to be ambigious? Just like we all ar looking for a better paying job so also are the footballers, Let him go jo afterall this is the right opportunity for him after his 30 irrelevant goals for us this season. Maybe then, the Prof would sit up and make quality signings. Ade's money should be put to use to get atleast 2 good replacements angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 8:26am On Jun 30, 2008
ade is bitch!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 8:38am On Jun 30, 2008
You A$$ fans are sometin else. How can you call Ade a fool for protecting his future? Ade is better than you guys to be honest.
Even Wenger will be happy to sell him @£30m cuz he don't care about trophy but the revenue he generates for the club.
Even if he is not TH14 he deserve to be encouraged. Another word for a job well done is thank you and how do you say that
thank you in this case? Pay rise.

Why did lampard leave SB?
Why is CR7 trying hard to move to RM?
The list goes on.

How can wenger pay cesc £70k and pay Ade £30k? come on guys is it cuz he is black?
Believe it or forget it non of the A$$ players is happy about their take home, is just that others has not gotten any offer from elsewhere.
If RVP is fit like Ade do u think he will be in A$$ today? Hell NO. I give Fab4 another year he will start acting indifferent, if u guys win another trophyless season.

Loyalty don't exist as far as fingers is concerned, if he want to remain loyal he shouldn't have left Monaco and same goes to all them players. Even managers swap clubs cuz of better pay package.

The only thing i hold against him is whats coming out of his month as regards the transfer but then what do you expect from an a$$ player grin grin grin.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 8:40am On Jun 30, 2008
vichel:

ade is a scum, he doesn't hv to give us threats about leavin, if we dn't meet his demands, if he wants to go, he cud go, am sure arsenal will stil hv an awesome season, and i cud bet my whole pay check 4 a year that[b] he wudn't smell 30 goals if he goes to either milan or barca [/b]

Spot-on
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 8:45am On Jun 30, 2008
presido1:

You A$$ fans are sometin else. How can you call Ade a fool for protecting his future? Ade is better than you guys to be honest.
Even Wenger will be happy to sell him @£30m because he don't care about trophy but the revenue he generates for the club.
Even if he is not TH14 he deserve to be encouraged. Another word for a job well done is thank you and how do you say that
thank you in this case? Pay rise.

Why did lampard leave SB?
Why is CR7 trying hard to move to RM?
The list goes on.

How can wenger pay cesc £70k and pay Ade £30k? come on guys is it because he is black?
Believe it or forget it non of the A$$ players is happy about their take home, is just that others has not gotten any offer from elsewhere.
If RVP is fit like Ade do u think he will be in A$$ today? Hell NO. I give Fab4 another year he will start acting indifferent, if u guys win another trophyless season.

Loyalty don't exist as far as fingers is concerned, if he want to remain loyal he shouldn't have left Monaco and same goes to all them players. Even managers swap clubs because of better pay package.

The only thing i hold against him is whats coming out of his month as regards the transfer but then what do you expect from an a$$ player grin grin grin.

URE TALKING CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by PoDeep(m): 8:48am On Jun 30, 2008
And I will say for the umpteenth time, I smell a VERY, VERY bleeped up season ahead!
The bleeping scousers might as well take the EPL since the rest of the big four are having such a bleeped up pre-season!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 8:50am On Jun 30, 2008
tosinadeda:

URE TALKING CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea i know but you have never said anything apart from calling him a bitch.
If he cannot earn well now when will he do @ 40.?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 8:52am On Jun 30, 2008
yeah he is a bitch for being ungrateful!!!!!!!!
no1 is telling him not tho leave!!!! flamini left without any hassles so y cnt he just do the same
who the fck is he to be tossing arsenal around!!!!!!!!!!
thats wut u get wen u make mediocre players play in a big team

sonofabitch
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 9:03am On Jun 30, 2008
Wait till RVP and Fab4 request for transfer.
lets take it that he scores another 37 goals for a$$ next season ans the season after next,
Then his form drops and A$$ made him redundant, will you say that A$$ is ungrateful?
He is not being ungrateful rather is is looking beyond his football age. If you are in his shoes and chose to remain stagnant
i wish u well.

If had read my first post of today well you could have noticed where i wrote what i hold against him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 9:13am On Jun 30, 2008
dnt u think asking for 120,000 from 30,000 after a first good bad for arsenal season is silly
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cesc04: 9:42am On Jun 30, 2008
@presido1

I think ya better find somethin else to talk about instead of mouthing your blind support for ade here,before am accused of asking ya to SHUTDAFCUKUP!! grin.I dont see how any1 can come out backing that Arrow.the boy's such an ingrate,he makes the word ungrateful sound like a joke.

This's someone who never scored double figures in any league season all his life.now he manages to get 30 after missing 60 nd he thinks he's the best thing that happened to us since Cliff Basten grin grin grin

no1 is asking the MOFO not to ask for a pay rise,but for God's sake he needs to do it with some decency,not hold the whole club to ransom.besides if cesc receives 70k a week,wats wrong with ade's proposed 60k a week.is he better than cesc?I vote we sell that slowpoke at once.we dont need his negative influence at the club.Imagine him headbutting a team mate.I still havnt forgiven him for that silly act.

The truth be said, I doubt if ade's ever gona score 30 goals for us again.last season waz a fluke,just like eboue's.AW should sell him without any delay and get us a better striker.enough said. angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cesc04: 9:47am On Jun 30, 2008
Way to go Cesc!

Congrats to Cesc and the Spanish amanda for winning euro 08.

All thats left now is to come back nd help us lift the quadruple next season! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 9:59am On Jun 30, 2008
Cesc04

I don't think you know better than wenger that is trying hard to keep him.
You only watch from the stand, they do their thing in-house.
If you don't think from your anus if at all you have one you could have seen this below. I believe you will act more fullish  than Ade if u happen to be in his shoes.

presido1:

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 10:02am On Jun 30, 2008
First things first.

CONGRATULATIONS TO SPAIN AND CESC cool cool (Although i felt the german would have sneaked it, but alas grin POOR BALLACK!! cry)

Now Presido

Clichy had other offers, but told his agent that he was not interested, IS ADE BETTER THAN CLICHY? Cesc fired his agent, when he kept trying to shop him around, IS ADE BETTER THAN CESC? Sagna had a brilliant first season and signed a new contract; IS ADE BETTER THAN SAGNA?

On Cesc asking for a transfer ARE YOU TRYING TO BE FUNNY Every Arsenal fan knows that one day Cesc fabregas will go back to spain, HE HAS SAID SO SO MANY TIMES!! And i bet when he goes, he will go as a Hero, not as a punk that sings to the media at will. Reyes that used that same tactics, WHEREDAFCUKISHENOW!! Was he involved in Spain's victory at the Euros

No one is downing Ade for asking for a pay rise, but must he be so petty in doing it

You can talk, i remember when Brown was asking for a rise or he would leave OT, how you Scumtwats were castigating the guy, till he settled the dispute (same thing also happened when Rio was delaying signing his contract). NOW YOU ARE COMING HERE TO SAY WHAT EXACTLY!!

You Mancs are really retarded sods tongue, you like commenting on others forgetting you own episodes, or do i put up the link on Brown's payrise episode for you to refresh your memory

tongue GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 10:34am On Jun 30, 2008
Presido1

Sorry for coming down on you like that, its just that reading this Ade stuff is annoying. Its not that we are against him asking for better wages, be he an African or not undecided But damn, from 40k per week to 120k shocked EVEN NLC CANNOT DEFEND THAT INCREASE!!

Ade is not even sure he can have another good season like the one he just had, its not easy for strikers all the time, Look at Rooney, everyone let him slide, because Divino had a telling season, but be honest with yourself, if Ronaldo didn't deliver the goods, wouldn't you all have come down hard on Rooney for his constant need to miss the target. Now imagine Ronaldo feeling he was the soul of the Mancs team, and now putting in for a transfer. ARE YOU GUYS HAPPY WITH HIS BEHAVIOUR!!

Everyone now realises that Football contracts are not worth the paper they are written on, as players can dismiss these contracts at anytime they wish. So i suggest players are gotten on a per year basis, will save us fans the need to go through all this rubbish every summer.

Look at Barry at Aston Villa Must he be rude in demanding for a transfer to Liverpool. These guys are spoilt brats and need to be punished, they don't value the fans that pay for their wages out of our contributions to tickets, and buying club items. ITS EASY MONEY TO THEM!! But how many of them (African football stars) know what to do with their money How many of them, end up being successful after retirement, even after amassing all their so called wealth

ONE TO PONDER!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 10:47am On Jun 30, 2008
Adebayor: I'll Play Like Henry When I'm Paid Like Henry

http://www.goal.com/en-india/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=755659

If it is true that Adebayor said that, there is no going back. he should leave. What has he won for Arsenal? He is supposed to think about the team not about his 30 goals. If arsenal can get a samuel eto or another striker, Ade should just go go go.fabregas , kolo toure, clichy and sagna should even be paid more than adebayor i reckon.

On a brighter note, i am happy for cesc fabregas,at least if he cannot win trophies with arsenal where better else to win a trophy and now he has made history. what an amzing guy. I am happy for torres too. That is a real striker
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 11:10am On Jun 30, 2008
@Loyiks
I believe you can write better, I never said he should be paid £120k but £30k for a player like him is way too low. When you take out the tax and NI he gets less than £20k pay week.
presido1:

Even if he is not TH14 he deserve to be encouraged. Another word for a job well done is thank you and how do you say that thank you in this case? Pay rise

How many goals has OBagoal scored for New Castle since he joined? Still he earns $120 a week.
Sagna signed because nobody prices him, Don't compare clinch and cesc with Ade they play diff position. Brown demanded for a pay rise at last he reached a compromise with the club mgtment, Ade has not reached a compromise with A$$ board. It does not mean that when he say £120 they give him £120, hell NO. Rio did not get what he demanded.

Moreover the clubs that are coming for him wins trophies more than A$$, so he has many things to consider.(Trophy and Fingers). Brown can never move from OT to St James park, is he a full. From UCL trophy to noffin when the club do not want to sale him. such move can only happen when OT needs his service no more.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 11:20am On Jun 30, 2008
I shouldn't compare Cesc and Ade, but Presido; YOU COMPARED ADE TO CESC IN TERMS OF WAGES, DIDN'T YOU KNOW THEN THAT THEY PLAYED DIFFERENT POSITIONS

And you say, no one prices Sagna (whatever that means). How do i reply to that.

Anyways, this Ade stuff is a bore, the majority of Arse supporters have spoken, lets wait to see how Arsene feels about the issue.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cesc04: 12:07pm On Jun 30, 2008
@ Presido1

I really doubt the authenticity of your claim of being a gooner.True gooners don't think nd talk in the retarded manner you do.

Who says martins earns 120,000 a week?I seriously advice you to stop reading those rumour peddling football rags you get on the street.go get knowledge my brother.even the proposed 80,000 he waz offered has now been scrapped (www.goals.com-wenger revives interest in martins.)
Me thinks you must come from same stock as ade(you are about the last man standing still backing him up, see?) grin,so your foul mouthed attitude don't move me nadda.

The best thing that can happen to arsenal's for us to get rid of that ingrate nd if you my friend have beef with that I suggest you take your support nd go join him in milan,baca or whereva the Arrow moves to.Arsenal don't need traitors, the likes,  grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cesc04: 12:24pm On Jun 30, 2008
@ Presido1

I don't think you know better than wenger that is trying hard to keep him.
You only watch from the stand, they do their thing in-house.
If you don't think from your anus if at all you have one you could have seen this below. I believe you will act more fullish than Ade if u happen to be in his shoes.

Yeah,yeah,yeah.so wenger's trying to keep him ehh?I can just imagine AW with a big bat fending of the bad guys milan nd baca. grin grin grin

Guy,do wake up.if AW wants to keep the Arrow,how come he's rejecting the meeting Ade says he wants to have with him next week.Let me quote the gaffer,"am not having any meeting with ade next week or any time soon,I already talked with him at end of season nd dont see any need to do so again soon"

Is that the tone of a desperate manager doing his best to placate a spoilt brat?I think even AW like the rest of us(xcept yougrin)has had it up to his nose with ade's antics nd just wants to flog the guy off to the highest bidder.the sooner the better.well atleast for our blood pressures grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cesc04: 12:37pm On Jun 30, 2008
@Presido1

[b]So you're a scum united fan.That explains it.

Please tell then,WHATDAFCUK are you doing here?

Anyway,I rest my case with you.It arent worth it.[/b] grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 2:26pm On Jun 30, 2008
Cesc04:

@ Presido1
Who says martins earns 120,000 a week?
Guy be critical in your argument Check ma post Obafemi earns $120k/w.
Cesc04:

@ Presido1
True gooners don't think nd talk in the retarded manner you do.
Am not a gooner dude,moreover i wasn't even talking to you. You call any name you wish that shows were you came out from.

@loyiks,
Are you trying to justify the 30k Ade earns per week?. This is relly serious. Even Nottigham Forest wants to take Andy Cole from The Black Cats at £25k/week.

Cesc04,
AW refusing to talk with Ade shows that he don't want him to leave, how old are you if i may ask?
Why can't you think like a human being to save your life.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Hannibal: 2:42pm On Jun 30, 2008
@ Presido1,

Leave these Gaynners alone to wallow in their ignorance.
How can a good player like Adebayor be earning £30k a week? It's a shame on Arsene Wenger and the decision makers at Arsenal.
OK. . . . .Lets compare the wages of Adebayor, Rooney, Torres and Drogba(These are the top hitmen for their respective clubs).
Saha draws £90k a week at Man Utd. . . . . . .I believe Adebayor's wages should be upped to about £80k a week for his services last season.
Without his goals, i am not convinced Arsenal would have made the 4th position.

@ Loyika,

It's easy for you to talk and compare Adebayor to Clichy, Cesc and Sagna.
You forget the most important part of the true picture. . . . . . Adebayor is a bloody African.
He needs to make hay while the sun shines. . . . . Once he fails to perform, don't be surprised when Wenger cuts him off and feed him to the dogs.
African players cannot be compared to European players in this respect. . . .European players are eternally secured thru jobs and various ads.

Cesc will retire and become the manager of Osasuna or even Barcelona. . . . .Roy Keane retired and he is now Sunderland's manager.
What will become of Ade when he retires?? Prolly go back to Togo to spend his savings. . .
Ade needs the money to secure his future so if u want his services, pay him what he is worth.
I am sick and tired of u guys talking about loyalty. . . . . .See what happened to Agahowa at Wigan. . . .He's been paid off to look elsewhere. angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2008
Hannibal grin

Let me pretend as if i don't already know whom you are grin grin

Ade is african, well i guess folks like Keshi and Chukwu were not Football players, or Abedi Pele and folks like Idah Peterside were not footballers George Weah was never a footballer

Ade planning for his future is just rubbish talk, if he is asking for a raise, no probs, afterall its his entitlement, what is expected is for him to do so in a respectful manner, not trying to feel important just because of 1 season.

And like everyone has alluded to, if he is not satisfied, HE SHOULD SHIP OUT!! No one is holding him back, he should just ask for a transfer and Wenger would gladly grant it. END OF STORY!! cool Afterall, no one can force him to play in a club he doesn't want to anymore, WE ARE NOT MAN UNITED THAT FORCE PLAYERS TO STAY!! tongue embarassed

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Hannibal: 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2008
loyika:

Hannibal grin

Let me pretend as if i don't already know whom you are grin grin

Ade is african, well i guess folks like Keshi and Chukwu were not Football players, or Abedi Pele and folks like Idah Peterside were not footballers George Weah was never a footballer

Ade planning for his future is just rubbish talk, if he is asking for a raise, no probs, afterall its his entitlement, what is expected is for him to do so in a respectful manner, not trying to feel important just because of 1 season.

And like everyone has alluded to, if he is not satisfied, HE SHOULD SHIP OUT!! No one is holding him back, he should just ask for a transfer and Wenger would gladly grant it. END OF STORY!! cool Afterall, no one can force him to play in a club he doesn't want to anymore, WE ARE NOT MAN UNITED THAT FORCE PLAYERS TO STAY!! tongue embarassed

cool GOONER 89

Keshi and Abedi Pele me ass. . . . . . .They were as significant to their teams as Arturo Lupoli is to Arsenal. grin cheesy
How does one score 30 goals in a season and he gets paid £30k a week. . . . . . .
Is Wenger on cheap spliffs?? I thunk slavery was abolished donkey years ago.

If Ade is not satisfied, he should ship out?? cheesy grin Who's gonna score 30 goals for u next season??
Van Persie or Cesc or brittle-boned Eduardo who can never be the same player again.
If i were Wenger i would do everything to keep Ade at Arsenal especially with Flamini gone. . . .

Y'all are leaking ur best players to sheer mis-management and idiocy of the Arsenal board.
It would be a bitter experience if Ade scores the goal that eliminates Arsenal out of next season's Champions league Q/finals.
PAY HIM or go TROPHYLESS again next season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 3:43pm On Jun 30, 2008
loyika:

You have a point here which i mentioned in my first post.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2008
You see this adebayor stuff i think is agent's influence

said something the previous day and later said another thing entirely

Adebayor is trying to use Arsenal, creating so as to confuse the whole situation

He once said he's not like players who play cos of Money and now he wants quadriple of his salary
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:05pm On Jun 30, 2008
So bloody what if he scored 30 goals in one season with two hattricks against Derby? undecided

So he should be paid more than Cesc? Or is it Arsene's fault that he is from Togo for him to compensate against some imaginary post playing life wages?

Is David Ginola coaching anywhere now? What of Zola? Is it every player that leaves footie and becomes a coach or ad phenomenon?

Jackal's penchant for the most asinine of points/arguments never ceases to amaze me. So it is his retirement he is worried about now. grin grin

Ade has a bright future after footie if you ask me - with his rapid talk, he can become the best commentator ever 'yesyesyes ofcourseofcourseofcourse' grin grin Not forgetting his makossa skills - he'll probably open up a dance school.

No one is saying his 30k was the limit, Arsene himself said he was renegotiating deals with his top performers, and he has been offered 60k - now is that not enough for a one season wonder?? What if he flops next season? Will he sit down and accept a pay cut??

Loyalty counts - so does decency. Why do we have to hear all this BUNKUM on the pages of newspapers? Do we ever hear of Cesc's demands from Arsenal? Did we ever hear of Henry's demands from Arsenal or threats to leave if the club doesn't pay him what he wants? After a mere ONE season of great performance?

Let Ade be sold for the 30m, we will more than compensate for his goals (which are NOT even guaranteed). The MOFO is even comparing himself to Henry? shocked How many world cups, european cups, FA cups and league titles did he earn for Arsenal?? Honestly ship him off to wherever and let Arsenal FC move on. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Hannibal: 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2008
@ Debosky,

Adebayor deserves more than 60K a week. . . . .That's no rocket science.
If Ade was your brother, u won't be spewing this heap of applesauce. . . . .Increase his pay-packet and stop feeding him crumbs. . .
What even makes Cesc better than Adebayor??
Adebayor became the heartbeat of Arsenal when Cesc got choked and leggy in the final lap of the season . . . .

No one is saying he should get 120k a week. . . .But Wenger must pay him 90K a week(at least).
Blimey. . . . Is Ade not BBC's African player of the year??
Who pays African's best player 30K a week?
Wenger would be moronic and spastic to let Adebayor leave Arsenal because he couldn't pay him what he wants.
If there is no fund in Arsenal's coffers, players like Bendtner, Diaby and Eboue should be flogged.

One GREAT player is better than 6 average players. cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.