Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,357 members, 7,846,538 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (514260 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 10:47pm On Mar 07, 2007
kaydee:

@ 4play
How many "trophyless" seasons did You guys play after the departure of Becham?

ONE.We have won a trophy every other season

Unlike you guys,we have never gone 2 consecutive season without a trophy since the 80s
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by c0dec(m): 10:51pm On Mar 07, 2007
Akolawole:

@4Play & Rikkyjen

Dont forget this is football o.
Pendulum swing ANYHOW.
I rest my case

@Gunners

Na football jare.

Life goes on but lessons must be learnt AND FAST TOO.

true true, juve is coming
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 10:55pm On Mar 07, 2007
Akolawole:

@4Play & Rikkyjen

Dont forget this is football o.
Pendulum swing ANYHOW.
I rest my case

@Gunners

Na football jare.

Life goes on but lessons must be learnt AND FAST TOO.

Akola baba, pendulum swing bi ti bawo?  cheesy wetin you mean? Haba, i thought this year na the one of no excuse. Na so footie be, dont 4get for the past 4 seasons United didnt smell the quarter finals, yet we were mostly not trophyless, but 'em gonners are going 2 be on a trophyless streak for two seasons!

Small time, ask 'em they would start saying they are building, building what?building olumo rock? . Arsenal had most of the possession as they always did, but as usual lost  cheesy. . Now my week is over, 4play, J-girl, and other uniteds, lets pop that E-champagne we've been waiting to unleash! champagne cos of united ?hell nah! but for the demise and end of season of 'em Gonners
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kaydee(m): 11:09pm On Mar 07, 2007
[size=16pt]Popping Champaigne already? You guyz have won nothing yet and you're already poppingchampaigne You guyz are still gonna end up "trophyless" this season.[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 11:10pm On Mar 07, 2007
@Rikkyjen

Still no excuse.

What "if" United dont win anything even with their current position?

People will laugh at you guys.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:13pm On Mar 07, 2007
this is so painful
cry cry cry cry cry
no matter what am a gunner for life kiss

till next season lets concentrate on the league cry cry cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 11:17pm On Mar 07, 2007
kaydee:

[size=16pt]Popping Champaigne already? You guys have won nothing yet and you're already poppingchampaigne You guys are still going to end up "trophyless" this season.[/size]

This guy is going all hysterical grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:20pm On Mar 07, 2007
pre-intimacy enjoy cry angry
do not forget that we dealt with you home and away
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 11:21pm On Mar 07, 2007
Akolawole:

@Rikkyjen

Still no excuse.

What "if" United don't win anything even with their current position?

People will laugh at you guys.

So you are one of those who believe your team can overhaul United?  shocked sad. For the first time, Your views and thoughts are myopic to me ! well, since you are a stamford bridger, i dont expect less from you. keep on hoping,United fans too were like this hoping last season for you guy's downfall. I as a person have just only one consolation and thats the fact that Chelsea has dangerous fixtures.

My fixtures still tell me that, chelsea is yet to play United, Liverpool and Arsenal @ emirates, believe you me chelsea would drop points like crazy. United have only chelsea to contend with! We will all drop points no doubt, sugbon for now, kashimawo  cheesy wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 11:23pm On Mar 07, 2007
Well . .like Akolawole said lessons must be learnt and fast too but then why has Mother Luck deserted us so? Maybe the bitter pill would have been better swallowed if the boys didnt put in their all . .God of Arsenal, where art thou?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:26pm On Mar 07, 2007
King mother luck deserted us yet again cry
arsenal cry cry cry
well we have team of and for the future
so no heartache
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 11:28pm On Mar 07, 2007
This has nothing to do with luck.Just face the facts ,you don't have the players that can win you trophies

You need a couple of world class strikers than can put the ball in the net
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 11:29pm On Mar 07, 2007
mukina2:

pre-intimacy enjoy cry angry
do not forget that we dealt with you home and away

ROTFLMDFAO ! You beat us home and away, then go ahead and start carrying placads, infact pin a poster on your forehead saying "Although we are trophyless, At least we beat united home & away, so we deserve their position" cheesy. mediocrity at its best. when Y'all dont have something to hold on as ur defense, you start screaming dat dirty line," we won united home and away"  cheesy

Wake up from your delusion. I know this loss is like a shattered illusion for Y'all. Watch united as we play footie in splendor and as we walk majestically with trophies to our cabinet.

Buncha Gonner losers !  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 11:34pm On Mar 07, 2007
Rikkyjen, I wonder how u sounded during d league-trophyless years, even yet u havent won dis so whats ur noise? The league dis yr is down 2 d wire, no be mouth dem dey take play am!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:40pm On Mar 07, 2007
we have strikers who has vowed not to score cry cry

riky dont strat blowing any trumphet yet .
you have a long way to go angry cheesy

pre-intimacy haa yo must be so damn happy now i bet angry tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 11:44pm On Mar 07, 2007
kitaun:

Rikkyjen, I wonder how u sounded during d league-trophyless years, even yet u havent won this so whats your noise? The league this yr is down to the wire, no be mouth them dey take play am!!

At least you agree that football is not about noise making.When I said 2 weeks ago that you were going to be knocked out of the Cups,I was hit with a flurry of abuse.

Breaking News:Henry will be out for some weeks(stomach and muscle injuries)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 11:52pm On Mar 07, 2007
@Gooners

Always look On The Brightside grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 11:54pm On Mar 07, 2007
4play, u said so no doubt! Lets see how you scummies will fare with the thiness of ur team at the moment in perspective
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 11:58pm On Mar 07, 2007
@Kitaun

Go and find a single quote from the past where I predicted that we will definitely win a match or a particular competition.That is the difference,I don't boast about what is going to happen in the future cos you never know.

You can brag about the past and the present but you should never brag about the future
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nnenneigbo(f): 12:02am On Mar 08, 2007
@ 4play
you don't boast coss like you said you're a glory hunter
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by delboy(m): 12:04am On Mar 08, 2007
Dear Gooners, sometimes it be like this. We must take heart and hope the boys pull themselves together to finish well in the league.

Next season we need a new goal-keeper and I have a funny feeling Thierry Henry might be on his way out .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 12:20am On Mar 08, 2007
he's not on his way out, the dude was injured and we lacked any real imagination

I'm glad we don't play for at least another week, we need some deep soul searching and reflection

sad, sad day, when arsenal has forgotten how to score goals.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 12:20am On Mar 08, 2007
4play, did u not promise to dance naked right round d streets of London if we won you? Oh ur dico wont define dat as bragging innit?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 12:22am On Mar 08, 2007
lol . .kit reminds me of hucarson grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 12:26am On Mar 08, 2007
kit forget about 4play, why have we forgotten how to score? even the goal we got was courtesy Alex, what is the reason?

the only attacking players missing tonight were rosicky and robin van persie, still we failed to score

This is totally unacceptable, to be beaten by a team that played better is no problem, but with a performance like this with no end result?

how much longer do we have to endure these kinds of nights? Why has arsenal forgotten how to score?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 12:27am On Mar 08, 2007
Lmao @Mukina . .later these fools would say cos we lost bla bla we ran away 4rm Nairaland but yet we still run the show . . Way to go Gunners, nothing do Us!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 12:28am On Mar 08, 2007
kitaun:

4play, did u not promise to dance naked right round d streets of London if we won you? Oh your dico wont define that as bragging innit?

I said that about the Carling Cup

@debosky

You can't score because you don't have quality strikers(Van Persie and Henry are injured) available and your midfielders are not bearing the goals burden .

I mentioned earlier that Fabregas does not offer a goals threat.The other MFs are not contributing at all.

The players are not pragmatic,they play football with a view to entertain and Wenger should get them to understand not to take too many touches as they attack.The longer you pass the ball around,the quicker your opponents can organise their defence
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 12:34am On Mar 08, 2007
midfielders are not scoring either, gilberto has the highest number of goals, and a great deal came from penalties

ljunberg has scored once, rosicky 3/4, fabregas 3, and so on.

RVP was definitely the greatest loss this season, he was our most consistent goal scorer.

Arsenal just love causing heartbreak. sad, sad day cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 12:38am On Mar 08, 2007
debosky:

midfielders are not scoring either, gilberto has the highest number of goals, and a great deal came from penalties

That is what I mean by MFs(short for midfielders)

I think it was wrong to play Gilberto in defence while leaving Djourou on the bench.Remember when Pires ,Ljunberg used to help with the goals from Midfield,nobody is doing that now.

Alot of goals used to come from Henry in his prime but now he is shadow of his former self.You need a couple of quality strikers .I heard on the radio about a potential bid for Etoo,that might help
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 12:52am On Mar 08, 2007
Eto'o Jnr not the real mccoy

I think a striker/winger like Babel will help also
Unlike Pires, Hleb is always cutting in before he gets to the opposition box
Ljuberg is also getting old too much injuries, Babel or a proper winger/MF will help > Babel

I think Gilberto is playing too deep in(probably because of senderos or Djourou) midfield exposing Cesc on the left.

We need a No.9
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jgirl3: 1:15am On Mar 08, 2007
Small time, ask 'em they would start saying they are building, building what?building olumo rock? . Arsenal had most of the possession as they always did, but as usual lost Cheesy. . Now my week is over, 4play, J-girl, and other uniteds, lets pop that E-champagne we've been waiting to unleash! champagne because of united ?hell nah! but for the demise and end of season of 'em Gonners

Of course rikky, At least no matter what happens - Arsenal is out. I don't even feel a lick of sympathy for all these talkers especially that loyika of a person, as well as muki. tongue You guys are welcome to share in our champagne - y'all can drink your apple juice in paper cups while we toast our champagne in United glasses.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 1:16am On Mar 08, 2007
which bloody champagne abeg commot lambrini is for cheap people like you! tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.