Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" (1171 Views)

The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin / Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by Sisikill: 8:03pm On Sep 10, 2008

Sarah Palin is “Totally Absurd”

“I think there’s a really good chance Sarah Palin could become president, and I think that’s a really scary thing… I don’t know anything about her and in eight weeks, I don’t think I’m going to know anything about her. I know that she was a mayor of a really, really small town and she’s the governor for Alaska for less than two years. I just don’t understand. I think the pick was made for political purposes… Do the actuary tables and there’s a one out of three chance, if not more, that [John] McCain doesn’t survive his first term and it’ll be President Palin… It’s like a really bad Disney movie. The hockey mom, you know, ‘oh, I’m just a hockey mom’… and she’s facing down President Putin (of Russia)… It’s totally absurd… it’s a really terrifying possibility.”

Video
"http://www.thenewsroom.com//mash/swf/voxant_player.js?a=V3047194&m=621720&w=420&h=375&v=2"
Re: Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by NegroNtns(m): 8:42pm On Sep 10, 2008
I think there’s a really good chance Sarah Palin could become president, and I think that’s a really scary thing… I don’t know anything about her and in eight weeks, I don’t think I’m going to know anything about her. I know that she was a mayor of a really, really small town and she’s the governor for Alaska for less than two years. I just don’t understand. I think the pick was made for political purposes… Do the actuary tables and there’s a one out of three chance, if not more, that [John] McCain doesn’t survive his first term and it’ll be President Palin… It’s like a really bad Disney movie. The hockey mom, you know, ‘oh, I’m just a hockey mom’… and she’s facing down President Putin (of Russia)… It’s totally absurd… it’s a really terrifying possibility.”

What is Absurd is veteran Democrats, people who have been lifelong members and whose fathers and grandfathers were lifelong members, to suddenly stand back, in a very competitive and historical election year, and allow rookie politicians and fresh college graduates with no tempered political story in their resumes, , you know, allow those people in their impulsiveness and lack of prudence to deselect the most qualified candidate for Pesdiency and then, to add salt to injury, take that damage a step further and totaslly eliminate her from the VP slot in favor of a candidate that is as weak in personality and fury as John Kerry, their last defeated candidate in 2004.

I cannot find words vulgar enough to label DNC with for this collossal failure in vision. I dont blame RNC for capitalizing on the opportunity, I blame Democrats for failing to learn from past failures and applying vision to how RNC may respond if A,B,C and D were to happen in the DNC camp.
Re: Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by Ibime(m): 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2008
Negro, calm down. Obama is more than intelligent enough to be President. He is certainly more qualified than the incumbent George Bush. Sarah Palin on the other hand lacks the intelligence to be President. . . .that is why she is a scary thought.
Re: Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by NegroNtns(m): 9:17pm On Sep 10, 2008
Let's roll back to August and replace Biden with Hillary. Would Palin have been the VP for McCain? If the answer is no, then the root cause of the problem, ; our anxiety over Palin must be attributed to the DNC failure and not to the RNC's smart move.

I have no doubt in Obama's abilities and intelligence. He is not politically matured for what is aboutto happen to him.
Re: Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Sep 10, 2008
roflmao!!!! Obama now more qualified than Bush?? LOL!!!
Re: Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by BigB11(m): 9:22pm On Sep 10, 2008
President Sarah Palin = Asian horror movie
Re: Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by BigB11(m): 9:31pm On Sep 10, 2008
I have no doubt in Obama's abilities and intelligence.  He is not politically matured for what is aboutto happen to him.
I agree!

VP selection
Joe Biden = A sensible and a better selection
Hillary Clinton = A political and the right selection.

There is a big difference between a better pick and the right pick

Obama is a good man, but not a real politician.
Real politicians do not think about tomorrow; they do what needs to be done to survive today. "Tomorrow is another day".
They do not care about being sensible or being sexy or being handsome; it is a dog eat dog world, it is all about winning.

Obama needs to spend couple of weeks with IBB for some lessons.

Nevertheless, we must keep hope alive!
Re: Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by NegroNtns(m): 9:49pm On Sep 10, 2008
Obama is a good man, but not a real politician.
Real politicians do not think about tomorrow; they do what needs to be done to survive today. "Tomorrow is another day".
They do not care about being sensible or being sexy or being handsome; it is a dog eat dog world, it is all about winning.

There's no better way to put it than that! A very good example is Bill Clinton. He is romanticised and worshipped; Bill could not hurt a fly. But look how Bill choked the air out of the party when it came to personal victory for his wife.

Mr Obama is very academic and professional. Politics is a romantic relationship.

You get a band to play a tune and you sing chorus to that tune and get your audience energized to dance to your song. If they don't, then you determine where the problem lies. Is it my tune or my song? If its the tune, who in this band is messing up and you fix that problem. If its my song, is it the lyrics or my voice that I need to change?

Obama has done well, in fact very very well with his voice and his lyrics. Now his band is fuccking up and the lead band man is the problem. Howard Dean should step down from the stage. Put Hillary there so she can have voice to be his attack dog against, not just McCain and Palin but the whole RNC institution; and trust me, if any can do it, Hillary is very well tempered for that, she will be in her element.
Re: Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by Ibime(m): 9:51pm On Sep 10, 2008
Kobojunkie:

roflmao!!!! Obama now more qualified than Bush?? LOL!!!

What is George Bush's IQ? If not for nepotism and illiterate voters, can George Bush even smell the White House? Anyway, the evidence of what we have seen shows George Bush is unqualified to be President. We have seen the greatest annual deficit of any presidency with America owing $350,000 for each of its citizens, an erosion of America's political leverage in international politics and an increase in Terrorism attacks around the Western World. Great job George! This is what you get when you elect a President with an IQ of 91, the lowest of any American President in the last 50 years. I doubt Sarah Palin's IQ is much higher.

Intelligence is highly underrated. Infact, it is the first criteria of qualification.
Re: Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On Sep 10, 2008
Yet again. Always easier to insult and condemn those who do not view the world through the same brand and type of goggles that you choose. ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 10, 2008
LMAO, ROFLMAO . . . is this individual a kid?
Re: Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by Ibime(m): 10:42pm On Sep 10, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Yet again. Always easier to insult and condemn those who do not view the world through the same brand and type of goggles that you choose. ROFLMAO!!!

Why don't you defend George Bush's presidency instead of ROFLMAO. . . .the only ones still defending George Bush on Iraq are religious fundamentalists. Even Republicans don't want him at their convention anymore cos he is simply bad news. He ran a failed administration, therefore he was not qualified. QED.
Re: Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by BigB11(m): 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2008
is this individual a kid?

I ask myself this question everyday! grin
Re: Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by Kobojunkie: 12:18am On Sep 11, 2008
Ibime:

Why don't you defend George Bush's presidency instead of ROFLMAO. . . .the only ones still defending George Bush on Iraq are religious fundamentalists. Even Republicans don't want him at their convention anymore because he is simply bad news. He ran a failed administration, therefore he was not qualified. QED.

This is not about me offering you a defense or anything of that sort. Your argument is baseless as there exists no direct link between leadership skills and intelligence or IQ score. I am simply laughing at your desperate move to connect the disconnected and put down those who do not see life or analyse issues as you, do all in bid to believe you make a solid point by doing so.
Re: Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by Ibime(m): 1:01am On Sep 11, 2008
If you do not see life as I do, then you must consider the Bush Presidency a success. Please feel free to expand on why you see Bush as a success instead of speaking in vague terms.
Re: Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by Kobojunkie: 2:11am On Sep 11, 2008
Ibime:

If you do not see life as I do, then you must consider the Bush Presidency a success. Please feel free to expand on why you see Bush as a success instead of speaking in vague terms.

ROFLMAO!!!!
Re: Actor Matt Damon - "Sarah Palin As President Is A Really Scary Thought" by Queenisha: 2:20am On Sep 11, 2008
if this kid says that ROFLMAO,I'll wound somebody grin

(1) (Reply)

Africa Now Lies N.aked To European And American Military Take Over / France, Saudi Arabia, Plan To Bomb Syrian President's Palace? / Russia Buzzes US Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.