Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Sarah Palin Is A Mistake - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sarah Palin Is A Mistake (10561 Views)

Poll: Choice Of Sarah Palin Is A Mistake?

Yes: 75% (12 votes)
No: 25% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TPS360: 11:05am On Sep 05, 2008
Mccain picked a woman that has publicly stated that she doesnt know what the Vp does. Little political experience (20 months in local government?! WTF). Zero experience in foreign policy (unlike Zionist Joseph Biden, who has chaired Senate Committee on Foreign Relations for some years). A former beauty queen who proudly calls herself a "hockey mom" as though that's a big accomplishment.

I honestly expected Romney to be picked as a veep because of his accomplishments and experience in economic-financial knowledge and management. When it was announced that Mrs. Palin is selected as a running mate, I knew it's a ploy to attract the female population comprised of moderate, on-the-fence and disgruntled Hillary supporters. This is cusp of desperation proving McCain's judgment is questionable

It is believed in many circles that it was the success of Obama’s convention that was a factor that forced McCain’s hand in selecting Sarah Palin as his running mate; a decision that may prove disastrous.
Initially it was believed that Palin was an obvious ploy for Clinton supporters, but if that was ever the case (and I do believe that it partly was), it turned out to be a major failure– the Obamas and the Clintons having made major moves to bring Clinton supporters back into the fold during the convention. On top of that, based on anecdotal evidence mostly but a whole lot of it, if anything Palin’s selection only seemed to energize former Clinton supporters and feminists for Obama; Palin’s selection being a cynical and sexist move that insults women to think they will vote for any woman without first examining her qualification

www.tps360(dot)(dot)com
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by BigB11(m): 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2008
I honestly expected Romney to be picked as a veep because of his accomplishments and experience in economic-financial knowledge and management.

In fact Romney was on the ticket till Papa Ajasco (John McCain) couldn't remember the total number of his houses all around the world.
FYI: Romney also purchased a new mansion for $12m in July 2008; therefore, the republicans immediately realized that the combo of Papa Ajasco (who doesn't know how many houses he owns) and the spoilt brat (Romney), who also owns a number of properties all over the world wouldn't speak well of the republican party.
Their intention is to trick Americans into false assumptions that Papa Ajasco (McCain) is an average presidential candidate who is able to directly relate to what Americans are currently going through. So, picking this chick (Palin), (who knows nothing about being VP, who had only met McCain once for about 15 minutes back in Feb 2008, prior to the selection, who attended 6 colleges in 6 years, who has a husband that has nothing in common with the republicans etc) suppose to balance things.

This is cusp of desperation proving McCain's judgment is questionable

The selection has absolutely come across as a desperation move, a Hail Mary, as Mondale's choice of Ferraro did in 1984. I can assure you that this noise will only last for sometime. It will definitely backfire at the right time; as we all know, Palin is no Hillary; the women voters will wake up as soon as Hillary herself comes out swinging.

It is believed in many circles that it was the success of Obama’s convention that was a factor that forced McCain’s hand in selecting Sarah Palin as his running mate; a decision that may prove disastrous.

You're absolutely on point. They changed their initial selection to Palin 2 days after the beginning of the DNC; their trick is to disable the jubilation and the success of the DNC. The triumph of the convention (DNC) was absolutely too much for them (republicans) to handle, they clearly did (do) not have any material to match such a successful outcome.
The best they could come up with was to trick the fools.

Message for folks that think 99% of blacks are only supporting Obama because the dude is black, I have couple of questions for you.
What happened to the same blacks:

1. When Jessie Jackson ran for presidential election in 1984, and did not get this type of overwhelming support from blacks that Obama is currently commanding?

2. When Al Shapton also ran in 2004, and did not even get 2% black votes.

I think blacks support for Obama is much more bigger than just the color of his skin; I honestly feel that it is absolutely foolish and ignorant for anyone to think otherwise.

By any chance, could it be because the man (Obama) is highly qualified, fully competent and completely blessed with pure wisdom?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by SeanT21(f): 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2008
Exactly, another reason is most Blacks Vote Dem. Kerry got over 90% of Black vote.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by BigB11(m): 2:43pm On Sep 08, 2008
Black folks voted for many years for White people because they felt these folks were qualified and competent enough to carry this nation toward the right path.

Now, what is wrong with blacks voting for another incredible candidate?

After, witnessing all these childish and desperate tricks, something serious is simply wrong with you if you still think McCain is the right person for this job.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by sleekp1: 3:01pm On Sep 08, 2008
She's a mistake all right but don't tell Cocaine (sorry mccaine).
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2008
@BigB1,

Black folks voted for many years for White people because they felt these folks were qualified and competent enough to carry this nation toward the right path.
I wonder if those words "qualified and competent" can be used with regard to Obama. Someone who voted "present" 175 times sounds more like indecisive to me.

Now, what is wrong with blacks voting for another incredible candidate?
Absolutely nothing. Obama is incredible in so far as he is the first black man to earn a major Party presidential ticket. I see nothing more after that.

After, witnessing all these childish and desperate tricks, something serious is simply wrong with you if you still think McCain is the right person for this job.
The tricks is coming from no less than the Democratic camp. First Obam played the race card and now he is trying to play the victim card. Someone should please tell him that Hillary never got too far with the victim card and Sarah Palin didn't get to where she is by palying victim.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2008
Tayo-D:

@BigB1,
I wonder if those words "qualified and competent" can be used with regard to Obama. Someone who voted "present" 175 times sounds more like indecisive to me.
Absolutely nothing. Obama is incredible in so far as he is the first black man to earn a major Party presidential ticket. I see nothing more after that.

Sarah Palin's resumee is even thinner. What is your argument? Obama has spent only 2 yrs in the Senate . . . what did you expect?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 4:53pm On Sep 08, 2008
@Davidylan,

Sarah Palin's resumee is even thinner. What is your argument? Obama has spent only 2 years in the Senate . . . what did you expect?
Her resume may be thinner by your judgement but she's got a record of taking on the establishment and wimming. Obama on the other hand has a record of being a part of the establishment without doing anything to upset the status quo. That is not change we can believe in.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Davidylan,
Her resume may be thinner by your judgement but she's got a record of taking on the establishment and wimming. Obama on the other hand has a record of being a part of the establishment without doing anything to upset the status quo. That is not change we can believe in.

I asked earlier, mention just ONE SPECIFIC EXAMPLE of this and i will forever shut up.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 08, 2008
why is the answer taking so long? Afterall Palin has a "record" no?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2008
@Davidylan,

I asked earlier, mention just ONE SPECIFIC EXAMPLE of this and i will forever shut up.
I doubt if anything vcan ever shut your mouth. Have you ever heard of the bridge to no-where? And while you read the article in the link below, please share with us how ever Obama stood up to the status quo and what changes he ever made.  http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94100439
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by BigB11(m): 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2008
@Tayo-D:
in addition to answering davidylan's question, why not bless us all by also answering my questions?

Message for folks that think 99% of blacks are only supporting Obama because the dude is black, I have couple of questions for you.

1. When Jessie Jackson ran for presidential election in 1984, and did not get this type of overwhelming support from blacks that Obama is currently commanding?

2. When Al Shapton also ran in 2004, and did not even get 2% black votes?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by KarmaMod(f): 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2008
She supported the bridge to No where til everyone made fun of it hence the name and then she backed out with "thanks but no thanks"

The woman is full of it.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by BigB11(m): 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2008
The wind will soon blow and I assure you that the chicken smelly ass will be exposed
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by BigB11(m): 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2008
The last thing Americans need at this point is to place another bunch of clueless clowns into the white house; I think 8 years of rubbish is more than enough.

Again, the chick attended 6 colleges in 6 years.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2008
@BigB1,

@Tayo-D:
in addition to answering davidylan's question, why not bless us all by also answering my questions?

2. When Al Shapton also ran in 2004, and did not even get 2% black votes?
You should probably ask Davidylan this question. You guys are just having a debate with yourselves. The only people that are making this race about RACE are the Democrats and theri supporters. Davidylan was so much out of ideas (a very rare thing), that he decided to play the RACE card. You guys should please stop it already.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 5:23pm On Sep 08, 2008
@karmaMod,

She supported the bridge to No where til everyone made fun of it hence the name and then she backed out with "thanks but no thanks"
The woman is full of it.
the bottom line is this: Sarah palin stopped the bridge to no-where project. Save for her veto, tax payers would have been burdened by that white elephant project.

Only those who will not accept this truth are full of it.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2008
@BigB1,

The wind will soon blow and I assure you that the chicken smelly ass will be exposed
We are beginning to see the yansh already. Palin is exposing that putrid part of the DNC.

The last thing Americans need at this point is to place another bunch of clueless clowns into the white house; I think 8 years of rubbish is more than enough.
The last thing we need is a liberal in the White House. One who plans to raise taxes on initiatives and enterpreneurship.

Again, the chick attended 6 colleges in 6 years.
Do you know about Biden's educational background?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by BigB11(m): 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2008
@Tayo-D

How could you compare Palin (an unknown entity, who is currently being shielded from being interviewed) to Obama ( a man who has shown the world in many ways his ability to lead and unite)?

Apart from what the republican clowns are busy feeding you, could you please identify one or two incredible accomplishment or anything about this chick (Palin)?

You guys should please stop it already.
FYI: Check my record; you wouldn't go too far to realize that I do not stop, I usually go for the kill. There is absolutely no turning back for me till this chick and Papa Ajasco fall.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2008
@BigB1,

How could you compare Palin (an unknown entity, who is currently being shielded from being interviewed) to Obama ( a man who has shown the world in many ways his ability to lead and unite)?
See my response above regarding press interviews. As to Obama being able to unite, please show us his record of doing that. For your information, Palin is now more popular than Obam and McCain. Go figure.

Apart from what the republican clowns are busy feeding you, could you please identify one or two incredible accomplishment or anything about this chick (Palin)?
You might want to read my reponse to Davidylan above. Please replace Palin with Obama in your sentence above while responding to that same question.

FYI: Check my record; you wouldn't go too far to realize that I do not stop, I usually go for the kill. There is absolutely no turning back for me till this chick and Papa Ajasco fall.
Do you uinderstand what you are responding to at all. You plan to continue attacking everybody that do not agree with you based on RACE? Believe me, you are absolutely inconsequentil in the scheme of things. You may huff and puff till you are out of breathe, but you got nothing on America's Sweetheart - Sarah Palin.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by BigB11(m): 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2008
LOL!
You're one funny joker.

With time, we shall all see.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 7:14pm On Sep 08, 2008
@Big B1,

LOL!
You're one funny joker.
With time, we shall all see.
You are now determined to resort to "time" since you cannot hold Obama up to the standard you are asking for palin, even though Palin beats and McCain beat the standards hands down. Typical, very typical.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by KarmaMod(f): 7:17pm On Sep 08, 2008
the bottom line is this: Sarah palin stopped the bridge to no-where project. Save for her veto, tax payers would have been burdened by that white elephant project.

She didnt remember it was a burden when she was more than READY TO SUPPORT IT until she was laughed at then suddenly changed her mind

Quit making excuses for her all cos she's "pro life"
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 7:23pm On Sep 08, 2008
@karmaMod,

She didnt remember it was a burden when she was more than READY TO SUPPORT IT until she was laughed at then suddenly changed her mind
So she changed her mid because she was laughed at baa? You guys just make up baseless stories with no substance. You think someone who has fouhgt the establishment in all her political career will be detered by womeone laughing? Please find another excuse. In any case, what thing of substance has Obama done since he became a Senator?

Quit making excuses for her all because she's "pro life"
As if being pro-life is a joke. McCain was pro-life and I wasn't enthused by him. So find another excuse.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by KarmaMod(f): 7:24pm On Sep 08, 2008
She was nearly recalled as mayor for her absurd tests of loyalty
http://www.washingtonindependent.com/3767/palin-involved-in-ousting-scandals-from-the-start'

and she's still facing ethics invesitigations for abusing her power with her ex brother in law

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/washingtonpostinvestigations/2008/08/mccains_vp_pick_palin_facing_e.html
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by KarmaMod(f): 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2008
where's the joke? who's laughing? If anything I just find the term "pro-life" VERY misleading. Always have.

So she changed her mid because she was laughed at baa?

Pick up a newspaper and read it for yourself. I don't need to make excuses

and what does your Obama question have to do with anything? Cos I'm commenting on Palin doesnt mean I'm here to discuss Obama.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 08, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Davidylan,
I doubt if anything vcan ever shut your mouth. Have you ever heard of the bridge to no-where? And while you read the article in the link below, please share with us how ever Obama stood up to the status quo and what changes he ever made.  http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94100439

This is a monumental disgrace. That you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what you so vigorously defend.

I asked for ONE EXAMPLE of your claim that she has "records of standing up to the elite and winning" and all you can tell us is the bridge to nowhere that Palin ACTIVELY SUPPORTED while campaigning for governor in 2006? The same bridge to nowhere that took congressional disapproval before it was abandoned?
Is this the same woman who was offended by the term "bridge to nowhere" in 2006?

Is this the same woman who till tommorrow has not returned the $233m that congress still paid to Alaska for the abandoned bridge to nowhere project?

Thanks but no thanks indeed.

And pls we are tired of your republican rigmarolle. The thread is about "sarah Palin is a mistake", it has NOTHING to do with Barak Obama. Answer questions put to you without hiding under the banner of "did Obama stand up to the status quo".

No one here ever told you that "Obama has a record of standing up to the elite", you made that claim on behalf of Palin and all we ask is that you pls enlighten us on this so-called "record".
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by BigB11(m): 7:33pm On Sep 08, 2008
@Tayo-D:

Why do you hate yourself Obama this much?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 08, 2008
Tayo-D:

@karmaMod,

Spare us this ignorant BS. Sarah Palin collected the $233m earmarked for that project and has not returned it. In essence tax payers till got burdened with an abandoned project.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2008
Tayo-D:

In any case, what thing of substance has Obama done since he became a Senator?

In as much as this thread is nothing to do with Obama . . . and that dragging his name in is the only way your argument can sound 1% logical i still have this to say:

what thing of substance has Palin achieved in 2 yrs as governor of Alaska with a population about the same size as the constituency Obama represents in the senate?

Is this the same woman Cindy McCain said has "foreign policy experience" because Alaska is close to Russia?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by KarmaMod(f): 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2008
davidylan:

This is a monumental disgrace. That you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what you so vigorously defend.

I asked for ONE EXAMPLE of your claim that she has "records of standing up to the elite and winning" and all you can tell us is the bridge to nowhere that Palin ACTIVELY SUPPORTED while campaigning for governor in 2006? The same bridge to nowhere that took congressional disapproval before it was abandoned?
Is this the same woman who was offended by the term "bridge to nowhere" in 2006?

Is this the same woman who till tommorrow has not returned the $233m that congress still paid to Alaska for the abandoned bridge to nowhere project?

Thanks but no thanks indeed.

And please we are tired of your republican rigmarolle. The thread is about "sarah Palin is a mistake", it has NOTHING to do with Barak Obama. Answer questions put to you without hiding under the banner of "did Obama stand up to the status quo".

No one here ever told you that "Obama has a record of standing up to the elite", you made that claim on behalf of Palin and all we ask is that you please enlighten us on this so-called "record".

I dont know what to say. Only reason why he's drooling for the woman is cos he believes she's one of those "rare traditional women"

Whole thing is amusing.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by KarmaMod(f): 7:41pm On Sep 08, 2008
Perhaps Tayo can tell us why the $200+ million was accepted and where it is now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pierre Buyoya, Burundi Ex-president Dies From Covid-19 / REVEALED!! South Africa Still Has Nuclear Weapons! / Social Media Bill: UK To Set New Regulations For Social Media Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.