Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Which Website Can I Get Good Tutorials On Web Design? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Website Can I Get Good Tutorials On Web Design? (1400 Views)

Submit Your Website Url For Review, And Get Good Backlinks And Traffic / Complete Tutorials On Designing A Wapka.m0bi Site.(codes/scripts Etc) / Pls Which Website Can I Find Any Final Year Project In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Website Can I Get Good Tutorials On Web Design? by Skywalker5(m): 12:09am On Jul 06, 2006
Which website can i get good tutorials on Web design along with java?.I am a begineer so please i need tutorials that will build me up from scratch
Re: Which Website Can I Get Good Tutorials On Web Design? by smartsoft(m): 3:10am On Jul 06, 2006
Search through Google
Re: Which Website Can I Get Good Tutorials On Web Design? by mj(m): 3:22am On Jul 06, 2006
Send a mail to me mjoshas@gmail.com
Re: Which Website Can I Get Good Tutorials On Web Design? by onydchic(f): 4:24am On Jul 07, 2006
Dont know bout java, but ur best bet is to break it down into categories, THEN search. for instance, there's css, html, workin wit programs like photoshop, dreamweaver, flash, scripting ie php, java script, web design is broad, and i feel ur bound to get more in depth tutorials on each dan just dat topic. dat said, try www.tutorialized.com. it has great affiliate sites too!
Re: Which Website Can I Get Good Tutorials On Web Design? by sbucareer(f): 8:27am On Jul 07, 2006

Web development for Java. Java has many technologies, the ones you should be interested in regarding web application development would be:

1. JSP (Java Server Page)
2. Servlet
3. Javabeans
4. Java Web container (Apache Tomcat)

Java Server Page (JSP) is a technology for controlling the content or appearance of Web pages through the use of servlets, small programs that are specified in the Web page and run on the Web server to modify the Web page before it is sent to the user who requested it. Sun Microsystems, the developer of Java, also refers to the JSP technology as the Servlet application program interface (APO). JSP is comparable to Microsoft's Active Server Page (ASP ) technology.

The Java Servlet APO allows a software developer to add dynamic content to a web server using the Java platform. The generated content is commonly HTML, but may be other data such as XML. Serviles are the Java counterpart to dynamic web content technologies such as CG or ASP. It has the ability to maintain state after many server transactions. This is done using HTTP Cookies, session variables or URL rewriting.

A reusable component that can be used in any Java application development environment. JavaBeans are dropped into an application container, such as a form, and can perform functions ranging from a simple animation to complex calculations.

Tomcat, the first reference container for hosting Java dynamic contents that runs on Sun MicroSystems technologies, for example Java. It comes with a HTTP/HTTPS server and could be used to deploy a real life web application. You can use Tomcat to design and run Enterprise Resource Management (ERM/ERP)

See tutorials for JSP here
See tutorials for Servlet here
See tutorials for Javabean here
See tutorials for Tomcat here

There are other containers now that you can use to develop and design java web application. i.e. JBoss, Sun Application Server, BEA, WebLogic, IBM web Sphere, Oracle 10g, Resin etc. Remember that these are powerful application servers that is built to handle J2EE framework using Java

Re: Which Website Can I Get Good Tutorials On Web Design? by sbucareer(f): 9:38am On Jul 07, 2006

Finally, to learn web application development using java, start with tomcat container, don't jump into any complicated containers like JBoss, BEA etc.

Download Jakarta tomcat from here. Choose your development platform, I used Unix because my platform is Fedora but you can choose Windows for your platform.

Install it on your machine or host, open up a web browser i.e. Internet Explorer or Firefox then type this http://localhost or http://127.0.0.1 Note, during installation change the port number to 80 from either 8080 or 8181.

The more you know computer the more you would understand what is port. Port is a particular route to an application. Beacause Internet application is vast i.e. email, web app, ftp, http, imap, smtp, htomail chat and yahoo chat etc. all these application uses the same IP to route message to one computer on the Internet/Intranet. If a packet arrived to a host with

Source address: 87.2.13.9.231
Destination address 192.32.1.3.98
Message Header: CF:88:S9:00:FF:55:11

Without port information the destination host would not be able to identify the requesting application but imagine the packet arrived with this info

Source address: 87.2.13.9.231
Source Port: 8081
Destination address 192.32.1.3.98
Message Header: CF:88:S9:00:FF:55:11
Destination Port: 80

Immediately the OS (Operating System) knows that the packet is destined to a web server engine and the packet is transfered.

Port is very important in networking. As a web developer you need to understand a little bit of networking, not necessary Network guru but enough to allow you develop a network related web application.

Google definition of Port

1) A system or network access point for data entry or exit. (2) A connector on a device to which cables for other devices such as display stations and printers are attached. (3) The representation of a physical connection to the link hardware. A port is sometimes referred to as an adapter; however, there can be more than one port on an adapter. One or more ports are controlled by a single data link control (DLC) process. ,
[url=http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=deskbar&q=define%3A+Port]1[/url]

Re: Which Website Can I Get Good Tutorials On Web Design? by DoMH: 11:10pm On Jul 08, 2006
Re: Which Website Can I Get Good Tutorials On Web Design? by kheme(m): 11:48am On Jul 09, 2006
i hope this will help,

www.htmlonline.tk
Re: Which Website Can I Get Good Tutorials On Web Design? by my2cents(m): 3:26am On Jul 27, 2006
I got my feet wet here: http://www.24hourhtmlcafe.com/

Very, very basic stuff that can be easily digested. One lesson an hour. smiley

(1) (Reply)

I want to Buy a Domain Name? / Wow! Six Powerful Ways To Drive Constant Traffic To Your Site / Web Developer Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.