Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. (1163 Views)

Christainity Is The Largest Religion In Nigeria- 2014 Statistics / Christainity Is A False Religion / Any Muslims Who Converted To Christainity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by donjon: 9:33am On Sep 12, 2008
From the age of 14, i started becoming aware of my enviroment & became greatly comfused @ the various ideologies of the christian faith.
By age 15, i had stopped attending all religious services.
Why? Cos am no fool. I am a baptist, but i have attended some major denominations in nigeria, and the outcome is the same.
I AM BEING LIED TO.!
while i know dat there is a GOD somewhere,
i belive dat we should stop deceiving ourselves by attending church.
In 2days of trying to meditate, my anger issues have stopped & i now fe el good about myself.
Its like i now see a light @ the end of the tunnel.
I want anybody to give me only one good reason to continue attending church,
b4 i enter into the more serious aspects of astral travel , and other phychic phenomena.
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by naomijt(f): 9:47am On Sep 12, 2008
Before I post anything, I would like to know if you are truly sincere in learning the truth.
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by manmustwac(m): 10:29am On Sep 12, 2008
donjon lol ha ha ha ha  grin grin

join the club
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by Image123(m): 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2008
What you need is to get Born again ,not a reason to go to church.
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by pilgrim1(f): 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2008
@image123, thank you. . . and may God bless you with both hands. cheesy
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by pilgrim1(f): 12:33pm On Sep 12, 2008
Dear donjon,

How body?

donjon:

while i know that there is a GOD somewhere. . .

before i enter into the more serious aspects of astral travel , and other phychic phenomena.

You don't need any reason - good or bad - to continue attending church. None whatsoever. If you started out with anger burning in you, and feel that you have been lied to, and yet know that there is a God "somewhere", all well for you in your astral journey. Doesn't it make someone "feel good"? At least, if men can lie to you, it doesn't mean that God lied to you. If He did, you're still on the road to a feel good lie - whether or not you believe that there is a "God somewhere".

Let's start from there - and see the "light" in your tunnel.

Shalom.
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by MrCrackles(m): 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2008
:ohahahahahahahaha cheesy
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by huxley(m): 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2008
donjon:

From the age of 14, i started becoming aware of my enviroment & became greatly comfused @ the various ideologies of the christian faith.
By age 15, i had stopped attending all religious services.
Why? Cos am no fool. I am a baptist, but i have attended some major denominations in nigeria, and the outcome is the same.
I AM BEING LIED TO.!
while i know that there is a GOD somewhere,
i believe that we should stop deceiving ourselves by attending church.
In 2days of trying to meditate, my anger issues have stopped & i now fe el good about myself.
Its like i now see a light @ the end of the tunnel.
before i enter into the more serious aspects of astral travel , and other phychic phenomena.

How do you know you were lied to? Can you give some examples of these lies and say why they are lies? Would be most instructive.
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by idupaul: 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2008
What is ur problem?

is it that u do not believe in God or u dont just like church things.

because  I believe in God and pray a lot but i hardly go to church , and when i go i go on my own term to pray at the blessed sacrament.

man u need God but u dont need church.
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by dudubobo1: 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2008
Nobody will give you any reasons to continue attending church. Just go and do whatever you feel is right.

Whatsoever a man soweth, the same shall he also reap
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by donjon: 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2008
1]money-of all the churches i have been to,it succeded in breaking them up.
Doctrine-should women wear trousers?
Why pray? When u know u'll go back to ur sinfull ways on moday.
Do we pay our tithes with only money oR with every good deed we do?
What criteria does a pastor have to pass b4 starting his own church?
Miracles-when i attended christ embassy, some people were called forward to be given the gift of tongues & @  d end .notin happened.

During a deliverance service, a friend of mine had to whisper to the visiting pastor to take it easy on her! As he was pratically pushing her to fall down while anointing her head.
Why are there so many fake pastors around?
Recently a girl was raped to death around my house by a pastor,
{era,ijanikin} & i  didnt know until i read a recent edition of saturday sun.
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by donjon: 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2008
& please i dont want anybody to tell me about 'faith being the only way to heaven"
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by naomijt(f): 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2008
Since u av already made up your mind, I guess you can figure out the rest.
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by Udyro(f): 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2008
stay for ur house be become ur own church, shikena!

but dont forget what Heb.10:24-25 says.

dont forget too that one tree cannot make a forest.
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by PastorAIO: 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2008
Mr Donjon, I wish you the best in your quest.  I would only advice that you remain prayerful and that you cling to the Truth at all costs.  Don't lie to yourself.  

Blessings
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by naomijt(f): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2008
I think I should add my 2cents.

If you truly desire a fellowship with God, you will look for a bible believing church that you can attend. I know that a lot of trash is going in christendom, but that doesn't mean we should neglect what is clearly wrtten in God's word. You can stay home for the time being before you find a good church. And while u are at it, you must be close to the word. Guard your heart with all diligence.

And, that other way u r toying leads to destruction.
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by Busybody2(f): 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2008
donjon:

1]money-of all the churches i have been to,it succeded in breaking them up.
Doctrine-should women wear trousers?
Why pray? When u know u'll go back to your sinfull ways on moday.
Do we pay our tithes with only money oR with every good deed we do?
What criteria does a pastor have to pass before starting his own church?
Miracles-when i attended christ embassy, some people were called forward to be given the gift of tongues & @  d end .notin happened.

During a deliverance service, a friend of mine had to whisper to the visiting pastor to take it easy on her! As he was pratically pushing her to fall down while anointing her head.
Why are there so many fake pastors around?
Recently a girl was raped to death around my house by a pastor,
{era,ijanikin} & i  didnt know until i read a recent edition of saturday sun.

Why are there so many fake currency around?

The fact remains that you don't stop spending money because there are a lot of fakes around, so apply this same principle to Church/Pastors and therein you would find the answer. wink
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by pilgrim1(f): 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2008
God bless all of you for your wise answers. cheesy
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by femrose: 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2008
i love that ur comment really religion is not a ticket to heaven
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2008
@donjon
Brother I dey feel you, but I want you to know a few things. See nobody hold your hand seek the truth with an open mind even if you end up a buddhist no wahala just as long as you are true to yourself.
I believe there is somewhere in the scripture where it says your body is the temple of the lord( dunno if I am misinterpreting oh) but that is most important. Whether you like it or not human beings are the pastors of those churches not God, so I think you should redefine your expectations. That should answer your problems bro, some people have got bigger issues. smiley
Cheers.
Re: Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. by femrose: 3:57pm On Sep 12, 2008
my dear i want u to know that God says we should not reject the fellowship of each other, either u go to church or not what matters most is for u to know whom u are serving, believe and have faith in him theres no church in heaven, churches nowadays are money making ventures, even me thats why i stopped going to pentecostal church and go back to my family church methodist, so just be moderate and heaven conscious in your journey in life, going to church is not a ticket to heavsn shallom.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Fake Pastor Who Predicted Okotie Will Succeed Yar’adua / Is Christainity A Religion? / This Dead Baby Was Innocent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.