Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians (44264 Views)

Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes / Folorunsho Alakija, Missing From Forbes List Of 21 Richest Nigerians / Top 10 Richest Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by bilymuse: 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2008
[size=15pt]Nigerians rich list[/size]

[size=13pt]Dangote[/size]
Listed two years consecutively as Nigeria's richest man, his net worth in 2005 was $1.6 billion, and $4billion in 2006, now he's valued at $8billion in 2007.

The chairman of Dangote group, a conglomeration that manufactures everything from cement to sugar is the biggest private employer of labour in Nigeria with over 25, 000 employees.

He is today said to be ranked on the top 20 richest men in the world.

He has an all-glass and granite house in Victoria Island, a yacht, two private jets and many choice properties.

The Kano-born businessman is married with kids

[size=13pt]Billionnaire Mike Adenuga[/size]

He is the Chairman of the Globacom Limited, Otunba Mike Adenuga, and may have relocated to London late last year.Most rich and influential Nigerians own houses at the avenue.
“Mike Adenuga is a serious businessman, who is pursuing his business in a way that is no Nigerian had done before. He is doing his best to contribute to the development and progress of this country.

[size=13pt]Billionnaire Tony Elumelu[/size]
Mr. Tony O. Elumelu, MFR, is the chief executive officer of the Nigeria-based United Bank for Africa headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria. Elumelu was recently named the winner of the African Business Leader for 2006 for his ebullient contribution to African renaissance and economic development.
He is an efficient and a stalwart banker, a scholar of free enterprise and devoted capitalist. “A research economist with honors degrees at both graduate and post graduate levels in Economics. Tony obtained additional academic exposures from the Harvard Business School, USA and the Institute of Management Development (IMD) Lausanne, Switzerland.
His banking / financial career spans close to two decades and has seen him work in virtually all areas of banking. He was appointed MD/CEO of Standard Trust Bank Plc in 1997, a position he held till the successful completion of its merger with United Bank for Africa Plc in August 2005. He was recently appointed Group Managing Director/Chief Executive.
In the private sector, he is a founding Director of Transnational Corporation Plc and a member of the governing council of the Financial Institutions Training Center. He is also the President of the West African Bankers' Association (Nigerian chapter) and Vice Chairman of Standard Trust Bank (Ghana) Limited.

[size=13pt]Chief Bayo Kuku[/size]
While some people excel in academics, some do in business, but this multi-faceted tycoon has been able to accomplish both. With luck and hard work, he has been able to attain an enviable height on the nation's economic terrain. But out of a characteristic humility, he refuses to flaunt his wealth and achievements. Instead, he maintains a low profile. However loud or intriguing the name Bayo Kuku might sound to you, the truth is that he has affected far too many lives to be ignored.

In spite of his philanthropy, the Ogbeni-Oja of Ijebuland, Chief Bayo Kuku has religiously held on to his slogan of "living a life of moderation".

Royal and majestic are the best words to describe his homes in Lagos and Ijebu-Ode. And for those who have been opportuned to have a glimpse into Chief Kuku's Ikoyi residence located on old Waring Road, since renamed after him as Bayo Kuku Road, you'D marvel at the luxury of his taste. Chief Kuku has been around for decades, yet his wealth and energy haven't waned a bit. He can compete favourably with today's emerging billionaires.

[size=13pt]Otunba Olasubomi Balogun[/size]
Otunba Subomi Balogun who is regarded as one of the foremost bankers in Nigeria today having established the first indigenous bank, doesn't need introduction. Born in Ijebu-Ode Ogun state, Otunba, as he is fondly called, read law in England and happens to be the first Nigerian to receive special training in Legal Drafting. He is a trained lawyer whose tremendous success in the financial sector has since overshadowed his law profession.

In 1982, he founded the First City Merchant Bank (FCMB). After 18 years of unbroken success as a merchant bank, FCMB widened its doors to retail customers in January 2001 and adopted universal banking. The bank has since changed its name to First City Monument Bank and is one of the leading post-consolidation banks in Nigeria today. There is no doubt that today he is a man with plenty of cash. His eye popping edifice in both Lagos and Ijebu-Ode, his home town, further confirm his style and taste as a man of means. Otunba's case is that of an old money mixed with new money that continues to wax stronger.

source:http://nigerianclub(dot)(dot)com/2008/09/top-5-richest-nigerians.html
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by bilymuse: 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2008
Why is the list dominated by Yoruba people, where are the Ibo billionnaires , this list incomplete
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by diggler(m): 7:45pm On Sep 12, 2008
I appreciate the information

normally forbes gives us valuations of these ppls assets and stuff that affects such. So if ur list is based on pure speculation and should end immediately after aliko dangote.

Also i'd like to know how it affects the price of garri in the market

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by Arnold1(m): 7:45pm On Sep 12, 2008
There are some Nigerians not listed that are even richer than Tony Elumelu.

How much of UBA (shares) does Elumelu own ?

I bet Theophilus Danjuma is twice as rich as Elumelu
and IBB is probably richer than even Dangote.
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by DeepZone: 8:13pm On Sep 12, 2008
What made bayo Kuku a billionaire? His joint [/b]ownership to EKO hospital? undecided undecided undecided

What made Tony Elumelu a billionaire? UBA? undecided
[b]
Real Naija billionaires are:

Jimoh Ibrahim
Tony Ezenna(Orange Drugs)
Aliko Dangote(Dan Nigeria)
Mike Adenuga(GLO)
Orji Uzor Kalu
Cosmas Maduka(coscharis)

Bankers that are richer than Elumelu are:
Mike adenuga
Pascal Chukudozie
Jim Oviah
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by RibaduFan(m): 8:45pm On Sep 12, 2008
The richest Nigerian is Yemmyse
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by QuotaSyste(m): 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2008
DeepZone:

What made bayo Kuku a billionaire? His joint [/b]ownership to EKO hospital? undecided undecided undecided

What made Tony Elumelu a billionaire? UBA? undecided
[b]
Real Naija billionaires are:

Jimoh Ibrahim
Tony Ezenna(Orange Drugs)
Aliko Dangote(Dan Nigeria)
Mike Adenuga(GLO)

Orji Uzor Kalu
Cosmas Maduka(coscharis)

Bankers that are richer than Elumelu are:
Mike adenuga
Pascal Chukudozie
Jim Oviah

Remove Dangote and Adenuga from that list. Those were people that their bank accounts were stuffed with government stolen money. Their system is not how millionaires are made.
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by DeepZone: 8:53pm On Sep 12, 2008
Remove Dangote and Adenuga from that list. Those were people that their bank accounts were stuffed with government stolen money. Their system is not how millionaires are made.

Whatever, Adenuga made his money from SCRATCH.
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by norsman(m): 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2008
wher hav you guys kept Prince James Oche?
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by presido1: 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2008
What an insult, why is my name not dia.
DeepZone carry time oooh.
Even my papa name no dey grin grin grin
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by RibaduFan(m): 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2008
But really what's the basis for these selections, Net Assets, Annual Income or social impact
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by QuotaSyste(m): 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2008
DeepZone:

Whatever, Adenuga made his money from SCRATCH.
Ohh, you dirty tribalist. Why didn't you say "Whatever, Dangote made his money from SCRATCH" It's so glaring that you are here to protect your own even when he is the most corrupt. More than Dangote. Where is the nigerian in you? We all should be patriotic you know.
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by idupaul: 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2008
norsman:

wher hav you guys kept Prince James Oche?

who is james oche

nigeria has only one $ billionaire and dats dangote
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by DeepZone: 9:10pm On Sep 12, 2008
Ohh, you dirty tribalist. Why didn't you say "Whatever, Dangote made his money from SCRATCH" It's so glaring that you are here to protect your own even when he is the most corrupt. More than Dangote.
Is there any thing wrong with protecting your own as long as you are not protecting evil? What evil did Adenuga commit in Nigeria? At least, there are indications that Dangote got some help from the Federal govt coffers but not Adenuga. Why not discuss dirty Ibo billionaires like Globe Motors or Car Links or Fred Ajudia?
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by RibaduFan(m): 9:15pm On Sep 12, 2008
Richest Nigerians in terms of Total Visible Verifiable Assets

Dangote
Micheal Adenuga
Ibru Family
Jimoh Ibrahim
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by DeepZone: 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2008
What an insult, why is my name not dia.
DeepZone carry time oooh.
Even my papa name no dey
Who be your papa? Obasanjo?
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by QuotaSyste(m): 9:22pm On Sep 12, 2008
DeepZone:

Is there any thing wrong with protecting your own as long as you are not protecting evil? What evil did Adenuga commit in Nigeria? At least, there are indications that Dangote got some help from the Federal govt coffers but not Adenuga. Why not discuss dirty Ibo billionaires like Globe Motors or Car Links or Fred Ajudia?
Can you tell us why he ran to Ghana? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-21299.0.html
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by RibaduFan(m): 9:23pm On Sep 12, 2008
To invest in Ghana - dummy
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by zomby(m): 9:23pm On Sep 12, 2008
QuotaSyste
where was your father when adenumga's and dangote's bank accounts were being stuffed?
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by RibaduFan(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2008
where was your father when adenumga's and dangote's bank accounts were being stuffed?[quote][/quote]

fighting as a biafran soldier
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by DeepZone: 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2008
Can you tell us why he ran to Ghana? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-21299.0.html

He ran to Ghana because Obasanjo and his group were persecuting him for not supporting the third term.
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by presido1: 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2008
zomby:

QuotaSyste where was your father when adenumga's and dangote's bank accounts were being stuffed?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by QuotaSyste(m): 9:41pm On Sep 12, 2008
yemmyse:

To invest in Ghana - dummy
Run and invest in the same equation? Lol, i have seen and heard it all from these tribalists.
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by RibaduFan(m): 9:43pm On Sep 12, 2008
Quotasystem

U calling anyone a tribalist - now i know u re a joke, a big one at that
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by QuotaSyste(m): 9:44pm On Sep 12, 2008
presido1:

grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by QuotaSyste(m): 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2008
yemmyse:

Quotasystem

You calling anyone a tribalist - now i know u re a joke, a big one at that

I asked you a question. Run and invest in the same equation? Please answer. I am a detribalised nigerian. I am only against cheating by some certain group against some that refused to woke up and i can't stop hammering on that.
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by RibaduFan(m): 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2008
You re a what? You must be kidding. U re the most most ethnocentric human I ve ever come across in my whole life, and am not kidding. Do u want me to copy and paste all ur posts.
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by RibaduFan(m): 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2008
If any one doesn't believe that Igbos are the most populated in nigeria, such person is insane.
If any one believes that hausa/fulani are the majority, such person is insane.
If any one believes that the last census and previous ones wasn't falsified to portray the hausa/fulani as the majority, such person is insane.
If any one believes and refers to the CIA fact book as a means of finding out the real population of nigeria, i say such person is the biggest fool and will remain a fool as long as nigeria exists.

If you want to know the most populated ethnic group in nigeria, which the Igbos are, then do not be afraid to include "ethnicity" and "religion" during census count. Don't count off head and come back to tell me that hausa/fulani are the most populated. That is a myth and falacy and it's not accepted nor believed anywhere in Igboland. Igbo people are the most populated in nigeria with a population of over 60Million, period!! If you doubt it, then recount the people of nigeria and include "ethnicity" and "religion" and lets see who is more in number than the others.

Ethnocentric - Belief in the superiority of one's own ethnic group.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by QuotaSyste(m): 9:52pm On Sep 12, 2008
yemmyse:

You re a what? You must be kidding. You re the most most ethnocentric human I ve ever come across in my whole life, and am not kidding. Do u want me to copy and paste all your posts.

Stop running away from my question or are you Yar'adua that just diverted attention of the Niger Delta people by creating some phony ministry for them? The question is "Run and invest in the same equation"? Oya answer.
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by RibaduFan(m): 9:53pm On Sep 12, 2008
Would have love to answer but am still trying hard to understand the question. Kindly break it down.
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by QuotaSyste(m): 10:00pm On Sep 12, 2008
yemmyse:

If any one doesn't believe that Igbos are the most populated in nigeria, such person is insane.
If any one believes that hausa/fulani are the majority, such person is insane.
If any one believes that the last census and previous ones wasn't falsified to portray the hausa/fulani as the majority, such person is insane.
If any one believes and refers to the CIA fact book as a means of finding out the real population of nigeria, i say such person is the biggest fool and will remain a fool as long as nigeria exists.

If you want to know the most populated ethnic group in nigeria, which the Igbos are, then do not be afraid to include "ethnicity" and "religion" during census count. Don't count off head and come back to tell me that hausa/fulani are the most populated. That is a myth and falacy and it's not accepted nor believed anywhere in Igboland. Igbo people are the most populated in nigeria with a population of over 60Million, period!! If you doubt it, then recount the people of nigeria and include "ethnicity" and "religion" and lets see who is more in number than the others.

Ethnocentric - Belief in the superiority of one's own ethnic group.[color=#990000][/color]

Until you add ethnicity and religion in your phony census, everything you quoted me above can not be disproved. Question again, why are you afraid of adding ethnicity and religion during census count? Why don't you want to know the through most populated group in nigeria? If you add ethnicity and religion and after counting, you come back to tell me that i am the least populated, i will definitely take it with good heart. You want Igbos to believe your phony census? The one you manipulated at your Abuja office? Sorry, that's an insult on our collective intelligence. Our papa didn't pay our school fees for nothing. You can only tell that to illiterates and they will believe you and on top of that start celebrating like some group use to do.
Re: Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians by Nigeria10: 10:03pm On Sep 12, 2008
you sure who put the list , is not efcc, looking for a way to lock up the yoruba men again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Website To Start Your Online Importation Business And Make A Lot Of Money / Dangote In Casual Outfit At Lagos Polo Club (Photos) / Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.