Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related (2301 Views)

I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! / Must A Chief Medical Director or Health Minister Be A Doctor? / Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related by guvnor1: 2:15am On Sep 13, 2008
Sleep paralysis is a common condition characterized by transient partial or total paralysis of skeletal muscles and areflexia that occurs upon awakening from sleep or less often while falling asleep. Stimuli such as touch or sound may terminate the episode, which usually has a duration of seconds to minutes. This condition may occur in normal subjects or be associated with narcolepsy, cataplexy, and hypnagogic hallucinations,

i got this from wikipedia but in the past i believed that i was being attacked by witches, because it usually happens when i sleep without praying,
nairalanders what are your opinions on this

Does anyone experience this situation where they are suddenly awake during sleep but can not move any part of their body and feel an evil presence in the room,also it will feel as if someone or something heavy was placed on your back,u try to shout but can't, ,, it lasts for some minutes
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 13, 2008
Never experienced the above.

And, I don't believe in witchcraft.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related by stnonymus(m): 10:30am On Sep 13, 2008
I was victim in my earlier years.It was frightening.It felt like death.My dad used to experience it too.For me i found out it was due to the hard pillows i was using and the bad sleeping position.It caused improper blood circulation to the brain.And that in turn caused the paralysis. Since i made the adjustments i've hardly experienced it again.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related by guvnor1: 9:00am On Sep 15, 2008
siena,
you dont believe in witchcraft? hmmmmmm, maybe u dont believe there is a devil too, if you believe there is a devil then believe that there are humans who are working for him, and whoever is working for the devil with special powers and abilities given to them by the devil is a witch/wizard,

anyone using charms and voodoo/juju and astral travelling is a witch/wizard

comments
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related by iice(f): 9:32am On Sep 16, 2008
In boarding school, everyday we'd be hearing, winch press pesin.
Seriously it gave me the excuse to move into my friend's dorm, away from the 'pressing' in my dorm

I have this sleep paralysis sometimes, especially when i sleep in my friend's room. I make sure to sleep there alot to enjoy the paralysis.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 16, 2008
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related by sofadj(m): 9:01pm On Sep 16, 2008
it's not witch related ,
i used to experience it.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related by tRoOE(f): 4:05am On Sep 17, 2008
[size=13pt]I personally think it witch related undecided
I always experience this all the type
I remembered trying to scream Jesus,
but the only word that came out was JJJJJJJ, gosh it was horrible
After i regained my strength i called my mom and she prayed with me on the phone

This are reason why i hate living alone
[/size]
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related by Toks2008(m): 11:04pm On Sep 17, 2008
Hmm,

I am very impressed with the explanation on this thread as concerns sleep paralysis. i experience this a lot and the worst part is the hallucinations that come with it where a mere cotton blinds will look like the shape of a person looking at you and all you can think of is that maybe an evil force is presing you down. Sometimes, you may start hearing funny sounds as if someone is talking to you but all these are as a result of your brain signals which are incoherent as at the time you are experiencing this.

Thanks once again for your info, it will surely allay the fears of many people experiencing this and always thinking that it is the wicthes in their neighbourhood that is attacking them.

Toks
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related by benincitys(f): 11:53pm On Sep 17, 2008
so is sleep paralysis thank god i was always believing is a witch attack
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related by ifyalways(f): 2:07am On Sep 18, 2008
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery
No one but you can free your mind.sleep paralysis is a health condition.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related by guvnor1: 4:48am On Sep 18, 2008
YEAH, so please are there no witches and charms/juju? the white man tries to find an explanation for everything, but i really think there is more to my experience than sleep paralysis,
they also try to discredit Jesus with the whole da vinci code stuff, so prayer is the key and not any sleep paralysis cock and bull story,
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related by tollu: 9:16am On Sep 19, 2008
heee heee heee
This shit used to happen to me when I was much younger and one heard all sorts of explanations for it:

1. U slept under cobwebs.
2. Wall geckos/spiders moved around you
3. Something good is about to happen and demons were trying to suppress your luck
Bla bla bla and blo blo blo

Anyways, I never actually had evidence that it was scientific but felt it was too common for it to be witchcraft related. So, i followed the Oyinbo part.

Still spiritual so I believe witches/demons/devils etc can ride on the science and cripple people o cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of People Just Seconds Before They Died. Part 2 - A Must See / Toilet Infections Should Be Treated With All Seriousness / Eye Problem And Waist Pain Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.