Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience (19315 Views)

Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) / Sleeping Paralysis And It's Solution / I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by ikechukz(m): 7:55pm On Sep 22, 2011
sup guys.i've been having this problem like twice every year without knowing what it really was.
Some times when i wake up i can't move my body,can't open my eyes and can't even talk no matter how hard i tried.This lasts for up to 1 or 2 mins.
When it is happening it feels as if there is a demon holding me down and some times i could hear the demons discussing.

The only way for me to get out of this torment was to shout JESUS and it was very hard.It is the most scary experience i.ve ever witnessed in my life.
Recently i discovered online that it called sleeping paralysis and it happens when your brain is awake and your body is not fully awake.

IF U HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IT TELL US HOW IT WAS,

7 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 09, 2012
Lol you could scream "jesus"? grin

Lucky you!! I can't even grunt when it happens to me.
I have experienced this a few times as a child and it has happened to me again recently.
Because I know what it is, I no longer panic but it is still quite scary.

It feels as if someone is holding you down to the point where you feel completely numb and immobile and you are wide awake and helpless. It's so surreal. I cannot even describe it really with words.

I have heard so many different theories as to why this occurs.
From a simple "your mind is awake but your body is asleep" to even stories about people being possessed by demonic beings grin.

I think the formal is a bit more logical.

I was trying to find a video of it on youtube but kept on getting results about spirits and demons.

[size=78pt]-_-[/size]

these conspiracy theorists are among the most annoying of God's creations, i swear it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 09, 2012
It is a partial disconnect between body and soul. Your body is still in dream state....
Your soul checked out of dream-mode early, only to find out that it's car (the body) no wan gree start grin

Usually during REM. REM is a point were you transfer from consciousness to unconsciousness or vice versa.
It is also at this point that one is sometimes more sensitive to extra-dimensional happenings.

Most times, u dont notice anything out of the ordinary, but Some have overheard discussions or have heard people mocking them or, for some, have even seen some crazy stuff while in this state. I think the latter of those would clearly be the most troubling given the helpless state of the person.

But I think those that see things are usually those who totally succumb to fear. Fear is a great enabler of the enemy and the source of most of his influence.
If you have no fear, you know what it is, so u just chill and wait it out.

I have noticed though that this only happens when I finally fall asleep too early in the morning after a long day/night of not sleeping i.e. 6+ am.

10 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2012
It happens to me occasionally. I feel like I'm in a coma, aware of my surroundings but my body would refuse to move. To open my eyes is very difficult, like say I dey use the eye lift weight. This happens to me mostly when I take an afternoon nap.

3 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2012
ItsModella: It happens to me occasionally. I feel like I'm in a coma, aware of my surroundings but my body would refuse to move. To open my eyes is very difficult, like say I dey use the eye lift weight. This happens to me mostly when I take an afternoon nap.
grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2012
Topic was discussed extensively here
Of course, those who believe in demons and the like refused to shake their useless delusions...
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Egbagirl(f): 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2012
It happens to me!!! and I freak out too!!!! Not gonna lie, mehn na Jesus me sef dey always shout o (in my head at least cause I cant talk). But yea, I agree that it's scary! I really hate it when it happens.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Andrew3(m): 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2012
OOh my God it had always happend to me back then in Nigeria and we blamed witches for pressing me.
Whenever it happend i will be struggling to shout jesus sometime my voice would be unhearble until
finally i would shout Jesus then jump up.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by talatutalatu: 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2012
My dear forget oyibo theories. they call it sleeping paralysis buy i call it "being pressed by a demon". if it was sleeping paralysis how come when you Shout JESUS it stops?? it happened to me so much as a child, but its has kinda stopped now, u need to be more prayerful and believe God to deliver you from the hands of demons.... Pray before you go to bed and commit yourself in the hands of Jesus. this world is desperately wicked and only God can save us.

15 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by spoilerx: 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2012
It used to happen to me when i was much younger, my eyes open , cant move ,talk or breathe, thank God it has stopped. It happened alot to me then. I thought i was going to die
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by jaymdee(m): 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2012
No fear. It's normal...just scary.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by stagger: 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
Pure demonic attack called the pressman.

Those who are schooled in spiritual things know about them, while those who are carnal men that know nothing about these things preach that they do not exist, without knowing that the spiritual controls the physical.

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Afam4eva(m): 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
IT has happened to me a lot of times. Most times i want to shout "Blood of Jesus" or call someone to come and help me but no word comes out of my mouth. But sometimes i manage to battle it and i come out victorious. Praise Master Jesus.

10 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Egbagirl(f): 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
musKeeto: Topic was discussed extensively here
Of course, those who believe in demons and the like refused to shake their useless delusions...

But this one isnt about someone choking me o. Im just trynna wake up but I cant. I cant move any part of my body (almost like a stroke type thing)
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by andyanders: 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
It's a demonic attack and until I received deliverance and it stopped. Go for deliverance like Synagogue and you will get delivered.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 10, 2012
See all them chicken. Whenever that happens to me, i just struggle to regain conciousness and gain my balance. That`s all.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
ItsModella: It happens to me occasionally. I feel like I'm in a coma, aware of my surroundings but my body would refuse to move. To open my eyes is very difficult, like say I dey use the eye lift weight. This happens to me mostly when I take an afternoon nap.
hmm! Mine is similar to yours o! It happens to me when am alone and in the afternoon.whenever I sleep I make sure I put my earphone and listen to music and sleep off.its really scary though!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by nikkyshyne(f): 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2012
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by aitanofi(m): 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2012
I experience it ocassionally as well. It was as if someone was holding me down, and was indeed scary, i would try hard to get up bt until after reciting some chapters in d holy quran, which would be between 1 to 2 minutes sometimes. This post came as a suprise because i never imagine some guys can be in d same situation as i am, now i am relieved of thinking may be some demons are after me.

10 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2012
spoilerx: It used to happen to me when i was much younger, my eyes open , cant move ,talk or breathe, thank God it has stopped. It happened alot to me then. I thought i was going to die
Hheeheheheh... You guys are funny....Lovely experiences though. grin grin grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by sanchez4eva: 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2012
This is why Nigeria will never progress....we always attribute everytin to demonic attack...if u do your research u will find out that sleep paralysis is actually a protective mechanism initiated by the brain to prevent us from acting our dreams...like kicking or jumping out of bed...it occurs in the last stage of sleep known as REM or rapid eye movement sleep...Just stop being afraid because it is a normal process...it may occur often if you sleep on your back so start sleeping on your side and do not eat heavily before sleeping..

20 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by folahann(m): 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2012
More like dream that you're awake.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Afam4eva(m): 5:04pm On Sep 10, 2012
sanchez4eva: This is why Nigeria will never progress....we always attribute everytin to demonic attack...if u do your research u will find out that sleep paralysis is actually a protective mechanism initiated by the brain to prevent us from acting our dreams...like kicking our jumping out of bed...it occurs in the last stage of sleep known as REM or rapid eye movement sleep...Just stop being afraid because it is a normal process...it may occur often if you sleep on your back so start sleeping in your side and do not eat heavily before sleeping...Dr Okonjo
Hmm, another angle. But it always seems satanic to me. At times it even looks like one demon is coming to press me.

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Lachynos2k2(m): 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2012
after readin all the comments in this thread,it became clear that ya'll have something in common...MALARIA!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by slam7000(m): 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2012
I noticed it when i was ss1 in the boarding school..people attributed it to witch craft/demons,not surprising though as we had lots of cemetery around us,im not free from it yet,i experience it occasionally..once i was struggling to wake up but cldnt,wanted to shout but cldnt,somehow i managed to make some noise and my cousins noticed i was struggling or having some bad dream,i cld hear them discussing and one asking the other to tap me and wake me up,right then i was praying they give me one hell of a kick.
Another time i was struggling and i cld hear people discussing,they were calling me but that wasnt enough to wake me till someone shook me..its not something i,ll wish on anyone.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2012
sanchez4eva: This is why Nigeria will never progress....we always attribute everytin to demonic attack...if u do your research u will find out that sleep paralysis is actually a protective mechanism initiated by the brain to prevent us from acting our dreams...like kicking our jumping out of bed...it occurs in the last stage of sleep known as REM or rapid eye movement sleep...Just stop being afraid because it is a normal process...it may occur often if you sleep on your back so start sleeping in your side and do not eat heavily before sleeping...Dr Okonjo
grin Hahahahah.... Some people here would rather act their dream than get pressed by some unknown forces grin

3 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
thanks bro! Infact am so happy to see this thread. I thought I was the only one going thru this thing.its really scaring.whenever I struggle to regain consciousness my heart beat increases.thanks for your post.at least I don't need to be scared anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 10, 2012
berem: thanks bro! Infact am so happy to see this thread. I thought I was the only one going thru this thing.its really scaring.whenever I struggle to regain consciousness my heart beat increases.thanks for your post.at least I don't need to be scared anymore.
Hahahahahah! So u've been dying in silence before now?
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Anniesalis(f): 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2012
Mennn dat thin isn't worth experiencing oo. Have experienced it couple of times. As a matter of fact i pray against it ds days before goin to bed
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by stagger: 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2012

Total nonsense. I used to suffer it, always broke it by mentioning the name of Jesus, and after discovering how to deal with it through the bible, it has stopped for almost 20 years. Go and get wisdom about the things that control this world. You will be there preaching science until someone will remote you from your village, then you will know.

11 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by donigspain(m): 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2012
afam4eva: IT has happened to me a lot of times. Most times i want to shout "Blood of Jesus" or call someone to come and help me but no word comes out of my mouth. But sometimes i manage to battle it and i come out victorious. Praise Master Jesus.
EXACTLY!
Happened to me about two months ago. I tried overcoming the spooky stuff with 'mind control' method but it didn't work. I resolved to calling JESUS CHRIST and after a few 'calls' I got freed.
Phoned mum 'sharpally' and a day fasting was declared on my head in absentia.

5 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2012
I have. Like 3 times or more. I was aware of everything around me, just that I couldn't just move. I thought I was dead, because I felt I was divided in twos. However, somehow, with all my strength, I have tried most times to wake up. And it worked. Its like this our body is heavier than we ever thought it could be. Well, if you have this kind of experience, just learn and you will know how to control yourself whenever it happens. Theirs this thing they call out of body experience in which you can control your soul to move around even while you are alive.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun / JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG / Remedy To Ease Drunkenness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.