Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Microsoft Advert Featuring (the Real) Bill Gates - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Microsoft Advert Featuring (the Real) Bill Gates (697 Views)

The Real Hustle In Web Business Is Offline! - Prepclass Founder / My Dhtml Board Games Project :: Featuring Ludo, Snakes And Ladder / MyISAM Vs InnoDb - Featuring Relational Dbase With Php / Mysql (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Advert Featuring (the Real) Bill Gates by yawatide(f): 5:42am On Sep 13, 2008
A little funny and a little weird but hey, it's Bill Gates in his own ad:
http://perezhilton.com/tv/?videoid=78dba5996926f
Re: Microsoft Advert Featuring (the Real) Bill Gates by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2008
Not funny. Especially if you are a Seinfeld fan. There is a certain kind of comedy you expect from Seinfeld and when people don't get it they think ads like this are not funny. I guess they are going somewhere with these ads. So far it is hard to tell. Once again Apple and Steve Jobs are winning. Their ads mocking Microsoft are simple and effective.
Re: Microsoft Advert Featuring (the Real) Bill Gates by yawatide(f): 4:43am On Sep 14, 2008
@rickky
Some ads are effective simply because they don't address their original intent, because they go off point, because they make you scratch your head and ask, "what were they talking about?".  Those are usually the adverts, at least from my experience, that stick in your mind the most.

Being in the US, you should know that wink
Re: Microsoft Advert Featuring (the Real) Bill Gates by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 14, 2008
Some ads are effective simply because they don't address their original intent, because they go off point, because they make you scratch your head and ask, "what were they talking about?". Those are usually the adverts, at least from my experience, that stick in your mind the most.

That is true, but usually you feel there is something big coming. This time it is hard to see what is coming. It can work if you can tease people enough to want to see what is on the other side. The fact that everyone is talking about them for good or bad does show they are having an effect. I am more interested in the funny part of the ads, something I am yet to see.
Re: Microsoft Advert Featuring (the Real) Bill Gates by Seun(m): 1:16am On Sep 15, 2008
Saw it on Youtube. Loved it. The second one in the series.
Re: Microsoft Advert Featuring (the Real) Bill Gates by Nobody: 3:32am On Sep 15, 2008
I also saw the second one today. That one is funny.
Re: Microsoft Advert Featuring (the Real) Bill Gates by olush0la(m): 11:25am On Sep 15, 2008
I think I got the message they were trying to pass with the ad. But, why was it that long? And it wasn't particularly funny.

(1) (Reply)

I Can Take You Php/mysql,dreamweaver And Firwoworks One One One / Poor Graph Card's Service / Attention adword analyzer users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.