Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,033 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Establishing A Game Center - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Establishing A Game Center (7057 Views)

Establishing A Pharmacy In Nigeria / A Mini Bar,Viewing,Game Center.It's Worth Investing On In Nigeria ? Pls Advice / The Cost Of Establishing A Primary And Secondary School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Establishing A Game Center by afterseun(m): 11:56am On Sep 13, 2008
I'm a student and i want to establish a small scale business like a Game center with a football viewing center, I would like to know risk, equipments, cost and other requirements to make this a successfull one.
Advise me please.
Re: Establishing A Game Center by hedgesfun(m): 12:18am On Sep 14, 2008
Dear Seun,
You have a very great Idea and I must commend you for wanting to try and do something cool and nice
The little advice I have for you is to note the kind of environment that you are in and what to create such business at.
Here are the key things you have to put into considerations when going into business like these.
1 It is a known fact that without people i.e. customers there is now business.
To start a game center you have to look at the area and the relative numbers of children in such area when I mean children I mean those that actually comes out to play during the day and not those that are locked in the house by their parents, also you have to be sure you are in the environment where you are certain the first toys bought by parents are not PSP or PS2 or PS3 cos if you establish a game center in places like Ikoyi where computer and games are the primary toys for children then you will have to consult an oracle to sell in such places.
2 To start a viewing center, you also have to consider the relative numbers of young individuals in such area in fact you may even consider the kind of jobs they are really into cos I must tell tell you that artisans, students and unemployed youths have much time to watch football these days than working class, also due to the fast dropping of the prices of the HITv subscription, many young individual are getting it at home these day you now HITv show more premiership that DSTv so all that has to be put into consideration.
the cost is not something that is too exorbitant but you will have to contact HItv and Dstv to enquire about their products as I cannot really say that.
you will need about four(4) television in all two(2) for games and two(2) for viewing marches or betters till if you think you may suspend games during matches, then you can just get two for now I think you should be able to get each at Alaba for like 12000 depending on your bargaining power
You will need a space and bench for people to come and play and watch
To make more money you could entice people that comes to watch with gifts such as club souvenirs and other interesting stuffs I have a very nice Idea about this and if you are interested call me only call me and I will download it to you or better still lets chat call me to get my yahoo messenger id
To make more money on the games center too I have a nice Idea too we can discourse it also on yahoo chat

Sometimes ago I came across a Korean product its a decoder that has a PVR it works like this as we know that HITv has a single view decoder but with this decoder and HITv card, you can view both hi sports and hi soccer at the same time which give you a better advantage over your competitors I actually lost their contact bt I am saying this maybe you or anyone can come across it and you take advantage of it.
I only hope that my little contribution here helps a bit
Take care and god Bless.
hedgesfun

1 Like

Re: Establishing A Game Center by kokorunna(m): 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2008
Great idea, if you need any advice drop me an email kokorunna@yahoo.com

www.moneysaversforum.com
Re: Establishing A Game Center by manny4life(m): 11:18pm On Dec 03, 2008
I was thinking about the same thing. I had the same idea for same thing but did not know if it was gonna be here or in Nigeria and how successful it was gonna be. The reason why I would like Naija is because it has less overhead that includes RENT, MAINTAIN ACE, ZONING, TAX and other troubles that comes with it. I had done all my research carefully and the type of games that should be set up. The scope of the idea is a internet cafe and gaming center that would feature both LAN and consoles gaming. Looking at maybe 10 to 30 computers for LAN GAMING and 5 HI DEF LCD Screens for X BOX 360 consoles. For internet gaming, would be looking for a strong internet company with good T1 LINES service. Since I live here, It would be easier to obtain a game exploitation license and other necessary documentation required for the credit and background checks and even facilitate all monthly payments.

Just thinking if anyone has some good ideas about what the Zoning and the monthly rent for a 2,000 SQ.FT space in the in a clean not rich but decent area. The prices of gaming computers or regular computers and how much for an upgrade for gaming, monthly service fee for a T1 LINE and necessary equipments like chairs, computer tables and a generator because I heard the power supply is not stable.

Although I am looking for an exact quote, I will appreciate someone who has an idea of a brief estimate just to compare with some information I found on the internet and if the business is viable.

Thanks
Re: Establishing A Game Center by Thadude(m): 2:50pm On Dec 04, 2008
Good thinking y'all, way to go
Re: Establishing A Game Center by Ups01(m): 4:45pm On Dec 06, 2015
kokorunna:
www.moneysaversforum.com
Thadude:
Good thinking y'all, way to go
manny4life:
I was thinking about the same thing. I had the same idea for same thing but did not know if it was gonna be here or in Nigeria and how successful it was gonna be. The reason why I would like Naija is because it has less overhead that includes RENT, MAINTAIN ACE, ZONING, TAX and other troubles that comes with it. I had done all my research carefully and the type of games that should be set up. The scope of the idea is a internet cafe and gaming center that would feature both LAN and consoles gaming. Looking at maybe 10 to 30 computers for LAN GAMING and 5 HI DEF LCD Screens for X BOX 360 consoles. For internet gaming, would be looking for a strong internet company with good T1 LINES service. Since I live here, It would be easier to obtain a game exploitation license and other necessary documentation required for the credit and background checks and even facilitate all monthly payments.
Just thinking if anyone has some good ideas about what the Zoning and the monthly rent for a 2,000 SQ.FT space in the in a clean not rich but decent area. The prices of gaming computers or regular computers and how much for an upgrade for gaming, monthly service fee for a T1 LINE and necessary equipments like chairs, computer tables and a generator because I heard the power supply is not stable.
Although I am looking for an exact quote, I will appreciate someone who has an idea of a brief estimate just to compare with some information I found on the internet and if the business is viable.
Thanks
kokorunna:
www.moneysaversforum.com

HOW DO YOU BILL AND MANAGE YOUR INCOME??

(1) (Reply)

How To Start A Successful Restaurant Business In Nigeria With Less Than 100,000 / ‘nigeria Needs High Speed Broadband To Boost Economy’ – Awasth / Banks To Surpass Q1 Positive Outlook On Back Of New CRR Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.