Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card (7034 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by ASANIGBO(m): 7:21am On Nov 15, 2012
Pls pals between UBA Africard & Zenith bank prepaid mastercard/visacard which one is more better to use online?
Pls i need replies
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by Youngzedd(m): 7:39am On Nov 15, 2012
Uba Africard
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by Caesary: 9:20am On Nov 15, 2012
My guy use zenith ooo uba charges is too much ooo.....zenith convert #158 to 1$...free to fund....why uba #160 to 1$...#100 when fundin and withdrawin....its beta u go for zenith.....
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2012
Please how can I register my africard with my solidtrustpay account? I need to withdraw from my solidtrustpay account with my africard but I don't knw how to go about it. Tnx
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by legalwealth(m): 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2012
Caesary: My guy use zenith ooo uba charges is too much ooo.....zenith convert #158 to 1$...free to fund....why uba #160 to 1$...#100 when fundin and withdrawin....its beta u go for zenith.....

UBA africard is more efficient than that of Zenith.
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by ASANIGBO(m): 8:13am On Nov 16, 2012
Am confuse now, pls more replies.
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by barikay: 9:14am On Nov 16, 2012
Go 4 d zenith bank if u want lower changes
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by legalwealth(m): 10:18am On Nov 16, 2012
barikay: Go 4 d zenith bank if u want lower changes

Good piece of advice.

@ OP, if you need efficient and fast service though their charges is a bit higher,go for UBA Africard and if otherwise,go for the other one but as for me that likes fast and efficient service irrespective of what it will cost me,I use UBA Africard.
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by kolexy(m): 5:21am On Nov 17, 2012
Two useless Banks.
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by 2sexy(m): 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2012
This is what I have done so far with my UBA Africard, ordinarily I dont care bout the their charges. But I do know thart I have never hard any problem with UBA Africard since I started using it.

With UBA Africard... I registered a domain name, hosted it and built a website on it ... sold the website a few days later for serious $$$$

I registered the domain name at namecheap.com

Recently in October registered another domain name and sold it for $$$

I currently have 20 domains which I used the UBA Africard to register, most of which I will sell off over time.

May be it is because I use mine to do business that is why I dont worry about it.

I have heard about success with it at bet365.com, hostgator.com, Amazon,namecheapc.om, Aliexpress.com... You will only have problem if the site on which you want to use if for does not accept Nigeria or if they use paypal as their payment processor.

That is my own!
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by legalwealth(m): 7:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
2sexy: This is what I have done so far with my UBA Africard, ordinarily I dont care bout the their charges. But I do know thart I have never hard any problem with UBA Africard since I started using it.

With UBA Africard... I registered a domain name, hosted it and built a website on it ... sold the website a few days later for serious $$$$

I registered the domain name at namecheap.com

Recently in October registered another domain name and sold it for $$$

I currently have 20 domains which I used the UBA Africard to register, most of which I will sell off over time.

May be it is because I use mine to do business that is why I dont worry about it.

I have heard about success with it at bet365.com, hostgator.com, Amazon,namecheapc.om, Aliexpress.com... You will only have problem if the site on which you want to use if for does not accept Nigeria or if they use paypal as their payment processor.

That is my own!

Thanks for this insight...
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by barikay: 11:17pm On Nov 18, 2012
Caesary: My guy use zenith ooo uba charges is too much ooo.....zenith convert #158 to 1$...free to fund....why uba #160 to 1$...#100 when fundin and withdrawin....its beta u go for zenith.....
is there another bank where one can buy lower than N158 per $1?
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by bukahands(m): 12:51am On Nov 19, 2012
UBA africard is better out of the two but if u gat dough Go for GTB classic visa card. I luv dat card
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by Youngzedd(m): 9:10am On Nov 19, 2012
barikay: is there another bank where one can buy lower than N158 per $1?

Cheap thing will hook u on the way.

I use GTbank Mastercard and Uba Africard, if GTBank didn't work UBA Africard will do the job.

Gtbank is cheaper.
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by Rexyl(m): 10:56am On Nov 19, 2012
I have not used neither uba nor zenith prepaid card online but I have used Gtbank mastercard on few sites and it worked well, the accounts at the other end got credited 2-3 days after I had made the transaction. But I am confused a little bit the way the transaction is completed when the system would not first redirect me to Gtbank site to inquire about the security installed on the card thru their token(meant for security code) before money could be removed from my account for the deal. This means that the party at the other end, after getting information on the card can be making unauthorized withdrawals. Gtbank, how do you react to this?
/
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by legalwealth(m): 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
Rexyl: I have not used neither uba nor zenith prepaid card online but I have used Gtbank mastercard on few sites and it worked well, the accounts at the other end got credited 2-3 days after I had made the transaction. But I am confused a little bit the way the transaction is completed when the system would not first redirect me to Gtbank site to inquire about the security installed on the card thru their token(meant for security code) before money could be removed from my account for the deal. This means that the party at the other end, after getting information on the card can be making unauthorized withdrawals. Gtbank, how do you react to this?
/

I experienced that as well with GTBank and went through hell before my cash was returned to my main account as I was looking at it in my book account for almost 2 weeks because the transactions was later blocked.

I called GTconnect like there won't be tomorrow before they unblocked the paayment.
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by Ozonna(m): 10:38am On Nov 30, 2012
Guys I've been having problems trying to get a UBA africard for some days now. I'm told that my requet is being rejected for no just reason ( I'm not an internet fraudster).

I'm thinking of getting GTB mastercard. Now must I be a dorm acct holder of GTB before getting the card?

Tnx in anticipation of a quick response
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by 2sexy(m): 11:04am On Nov 30, 2012
Ozonna: Guys I've been having problems trying to get a UBA africard for some days now. I'm told that my requet is being rejected for no just reason ( I'm not an internet fraudster).

I'm thinking of getting GTB mastercard. Now must I be a dorm acct holder of GTB before getting the card?

Why...? try another branch. Me get 2 of that card ooo.
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by arbitrage: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2012
Ozonna: Guys I've been having problems trying to get a UBA africard for some days now. I'm told that my requet is being rejected for no just reason ( I'm not an internet fraudster).

You are not clear with your statement. Is it the bank staff that rejected you when you went there to apply for Africard and on what basis did they reject you or are you talking of rejection online after getting the card? Be explicit with your question please.

Meanwhile, you do not need to be a GTBank DOM account holder to have mastercard since the card itself is a naira funded card.
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by bukahands(m): 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2012

GTB Mastercard dollar needs dorm account, mastercard naira just normal account
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by arbitrage: 6:29pm On Nov 30, 2012
bukahands:

GTB Mastercard dollar needs dorm account, mastercard naira just normal account

I am not sure GTB is still offering dollar Mastercard but dollar Visa card. Because it was visa card I got by the time I applied instead of mastercard they were initially advertising.
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by 2sexy(m): 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2012
Arbitrage, are you an internet marketer or into something of that sort?
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by bukahands(m): 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2012
arbitrage:

I am not sure GTB is still offering dollar Mastercard but dollar Visa card. Because it was visa card I got by the time I applied instead of mastercard they were initially advertising.

They still do offer I even have one, d standard mastercard, its on their site
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by Ozonna(m): 7:15pm On Nov 30, 2012
arbitrage:

You are not clear with your statement. Is it the bank staff that rejected you when you went there to apply for Africard and on what basis did they reject you or are you talking of rejection online after getting the card? Be explicit with your question please.

Meanwhile, you do not need to be a GTBank DOM account holder to have mastercard since the card itself is a naira funded card.

I went back today and discovered it was the bank's fault. The bank's staffs were issued a new identification number/tag and they couldn't access the africard platform with their Identification number. I think I'll take a look @ GTB mastercard. Thanks
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by arbitrage: 7:42pm On Nov 30, 2012
This is the continuation of my postings that FOD and Naijacutee have been hiding in both UBA Africard threads. The earlier portion has been repeatedly hid...

I said earlier that you do not have to fear the merchant having access to use your card later. This is because if you use your card on the right website, the payment page where you enter your card details should be starting with a Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of https (denoting secured website) instead of just http. So depending on the level of security and encryption (64-bit, 128-bit or 256-bit), entering your card details will only be looking coded in binary forms to the back-end of the merchant support (just like your asterisked password) and not readable to them. So they do not have your card details. In fact, redirecting you to GTB site for entering token (if possibly required) does not guarantee that they cannot see or use the card.

More so, some merchants in the West only need your card number to debit your card for orders you place by telephone banking and not necessarily your 3-digit security code at the back. But GTB told me they do not release your fund to any merchant that do not present your 3-digit security code when claiming their money from an order you placed and authorized on their website. Other banks may have different style over there as per not being strict with what they need before releasing your fund from your card to the merchant's banker. While GTB holds the amount you authorize on a site from your available balance until the merchant's banker claims it successfully, it may take about 30 days to automatically refund it to your card if the merchant does not claim it due to any problem. For example for not supplying your 3-digit code at the back of card in its claim, GTB will not release the fund.
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by Rexyl(m): 3:38pm On Dec 02, 2012
arbitrage: This is the continuation of my postings that FOD and Naijacutee have been hiding in both UBA Africard threads. The earlier portion has been repeatedly hid...

I said earlier that you do not have to fear the merchant having access to use your card later. This is because if you use your card on the right website, the payment page where you enter your card details should be starting with a Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of https (denoting secured website) instead of just http. So depending on the level of security and encryption (64-bit, 128-bit or 256-bit), entering your card details will only be looking coded in binary forms to the back-end of the merchant support (just like your asterisked password) and not readable to them. So they do not have your card details. In fact, redirecting you to GTB site for entering token (if possibly required) does not guarantee that they cannot see or use the card.

More so, some merchants in the West only need your card number to debit your card for orders you place by telephone banking and not necessarily your 3-digit security code at the back. But GTB told me they do not release your fund to any merchant that do not present your 3-digit security code when claiming their money from an order you placed and authorized on their website. Other banks may have different style over there as per not being strict with what they need before releasing your fund from your card to the merchant's banker. While GTB holds the amount you authorize on a site from your available balance until the merchant's banker claims it successfully, it may take about 30 days to automatically refund it to your card if the merchant does not claim it due to any problem. For example for not supplying your 3-digit code at the back of card in its claim, GTB will not release the fund.

It seems this measure they put in place works. The day money was removed from my account without my approval and without me initiating any transaction, through my card details by the merchant from whom I had previously bought items, I threatening their costumer service to expose what they had done as a scam. They replied me immediately that they would refund the money within 10 biz days. On the 4th day they refunded the money
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by arbitrage: 6:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
2sexy: Arbitrage, are you an internet marketer or into something of that sort?

Sorry, I saw your question late, just now. I think I am jack of all trades but still trying and struggling to master one, smile.
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by legalwealth(m): 7:27pm On Dec 02, 2012
arbitrage:

Sorry, I saw your question late, just now. I think I am jack of all trades but still trying and struggling to master one, smile.

That is nice though...
Same as myself but more into Internet Biz now anyway...
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by ASANIGBO(m): 1:41am On Dec 03, 2012
Zenith bank prepaid mastercard/visacard is more better.
Re: UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card by Ozonna(m): 8:03am On Dec 03, 2012
ASANIGBO: Zenith bank prepaid mastercard/visacard is more better.

How do you mean? Do you now have the zenith card?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hot Product! Make Money Selling Baby Diapers / NYSC: Yiedp-hbp 2016- Log-in Issues / Sewing, embroidery, weaving and stoning Machines Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.